Page 61 of 929 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Got Pfizer #1 yesterday. Felt fine all day. Woke up with chills and my arm is sore af. Might take it easy today..
    Think you might have already had COVID? Those who were previously infected seem to have a stronger reaction to the first shot since they already have antibodies.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
    Think you might have already had COVID? Those who were previously infected seem to have a stronger reaction to the first shot since they already have antibodies.

My neighbor (70) had the rona, got the first shot and was completely wiped out. There definitely is an effect, and it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jerlane View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    My neighbor (70) had the rona, got the first shot and was completely wiped out. There definitely is an effect, and it makes sense.
    I definitely thought about that. Read a few things yesterday that said similar. I haven’t been sick in a long time and never had any symptoms, but it does kind of make sense... I never had a Covid test, but people around me have and they’ve all tested negative. I didn’t even get out of bed til 4pm yesterday. The shot really kicked my ass. Wondering how shot #2 will treat me...

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    I definitely thought about that. Read a few things yesterday that said similar. I haven’t been sick in a long time and never had any symptoms, but it does kind of make sense... I never had a Covid test, but people around me have and they’ve all tested negative. I didn’t even get out of bed til 4pm yesterday. The shot really kicked my ass. Wondering how shot #2 will treat me...
    Your neighbor might want to skip the second shot--the first shot seems to produce super high antibody levels in people with previous infection. Unfortunately, since you have never tested positive you have no choice but to get the second shot.
    I'm thinking that in an ideal world we would test everyone before the first shot to see if they need one shot or two. Either go by the old positive test if they had one or an antibody test if they haven't.

I know I was tested before a vaccine in the past--maybe hep B?

Ahh, crap, now glitter will be IMPOSSIBLE to find.

https://boingboing.net/2021/02/09/co...an-cleric.html
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Your neighbor might want to skip the second shot--the first shot seems to produce super high antibody levels in people with previous infection. Unfortunately, since you have never tested positive you have no choice but to get the second shot.
    I'm thinking that in an ideal world we would test everyone before the first shot to see if they need one shot or two. Either go by the old positive test if they had one or an antibody test if they haven't.

I know I was tested before a vaccine in the past--maybe hep B?
    Do you watch ZDoggMD? One of the docs on our race team linked to him and now I am hooked. Amazing how fast 35 minutes goes by listening to him and his guests.. The line of thinking you mentioned is outlined in this video. He does a good job of looking at stuff from all different angles and washing and brushing aside the pseudoscience bullshit...I think he keeps it within peer reviewed science mostly but likes to look at what ifs and probable/possible outcomes and pathways forward based on informed conjecture. Certainly helped to broaden what I know.

https://www.facebook.com/40750424209...8924664442095/

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Santiago is, but once you get out of town, to think that these smaller, rural, places are ahead of us says something.

I don't know man, drove all over that fucker...didn't seem much different than Oregon to me, other than Spanish instead of English. Termas de Chillan, Los Angeles, Collipuli, Villarrica...anyhow...you know better than I do, but I guess maybe Oregon is 3rd world these days too.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Parents got a standby call last night that their clinic had extra doses unused and had one for my mom. Jumped in the car and rushed over and since my dad had an appt for Sat they had one for him. Both got Pfizer 1st shot at 8 pm. Mom canceled her CVS appt for today.

75 and 77.

So glad I pressured them to get after it.

Just found out that all of us in the education realm in Pitkin County get the shot this Friday. Very relieved!

Governor Polis announced on 1/31 that 65+ and educators would be eligible for vaccines after 2/8, but the supply and allocation had been up in the air and the timing of that being accomplished could be weeks or more. Pitkin had seen a dribble of supply in the last 3 weeks, but apparently the State decided to allocate a separate batch of doses to do all the educators at once, along with supplying a full amount of the requested doses to finish the 75+ 1B crowd and start into the 65+ 1B's.

Really nice turn of events and I hope more states will do a similar divide and conquer approach.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Just found out that all of us in the education realm in Pitkin County get the shot this Friday. Very relieved!
    It’s smart that they are doing this on a Friday. They did Wed/Thurs for schools folks in my area. Shot #2 is next week and there’s all sorts of messed up guidance for teachers about what to do if they feel like shit the day after their shot, such as:

“We will have normal instruction the days following the vax clinic. We will have subs ready if you are feeling too sick to report to work. if you are feeling only mildly sick, please report to school for in-class instruction and ignore the standard covid protocol. You likely are experiencing a side effect of the vaccination and not experiencing symptoms from a covid infection.”

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    It’s smart that they are doing this on a Friday. They did Wed/Thurs for schools folks in my area. Shot #2 is next week and there’s all sorts of messed up guidance for teachers about what to do if they feel like shit the day after their shot, such as:

“We will have normal instruction the days following the vax clinic. We will have subs ready if you are feeling too sick to report to work. if you are feeling only mildly sick, please report to school for in-class instruction and ignore the standard covid protocol. You likely are experiencing a side effect of the vaccination and not experiencing symptoms from a covid infection.”
    100%

Our world in data vaccine ranking from Feb 8

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AD233B41-11B4-4DBB-AB2E-CD9A6D9431F2.jpeg 
Views:	89 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	362271

Chile is up there thanks to the Chinese Sinovac jab. Every week now they are poking a group of oldies and other at-risks. Next week they start with the 60 somethings. Haven’t heard of any bad reactions yet.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Do you watch ZDoggMD? One of the docs on our race team linked to him and now I am hooked. Amazing how fast 35 minutes goes by listening to him and his guests.. The line of thinking you mentioned is outlined in this video. He does a good job of looking at stuff from all different angles and washing and brushing aside the pseudoscience bullshit...I think he keeps it within peer reviewed science mostly but likes to look at what ifs and probable/possible outcomes and pathways forward based on informed conjecture. Certainly helped to broaden what I know.

He seems like a lovely person. No idea how anyone can be that patient and calm and all that. I'm just like "mask and stfu!"
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Fauci Says All Americans Could Start to Get Vaccines in April: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/11/u...ine-april.html

FTA: It would take “several more months” after that to get the vaccines into most people’s arms, he said, adding that he hoped the overwhelming majority of people in the United States could be vaccinated by mid- to late summer.

Am I the only person to whom this sounds wildly optimistic/unrealistic? I've been assuming I'm not likely to get vaccinated this year, unlike all you dentists.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Fauci Says All Americans Could Start to Get Vaccines in April: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/11/u...ine-april.html

FTA: It would take “several more months” after that to get the vaccines into most people’s arms, he said, adding that he hoped the overwhelming majority of people in the United States could be vaccinated by mid- to late summer.

Am I the only person to whom this sounds wildly optimistic/unrealistic? I've been assuming I'm not likely to get vaccinated this year, unlike all you dentists.
    Late April. Seems in line with what they have been saying for months. We've been ramping up recently, and more vaccines will help quite a bit.

3 months ago, they said 70 year olds would be largely vaccinated by the end of February. Colorado is in good shape to hit that goal. Other states vary.

Remember, it will take months to vaccinate that general public group, so most people won't get vaccinated until June.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Late April. Seems in line with what they have been saying for months. We've been ramping up recently, and more vaccines will help quite a bit.

3 months ago, they said 70 year olds would be largely vaccinated by the end of February. Colorado is in good shape to hit that goal. Other states vary.

Remember, it will take months to vaccinate that general public group, so most people won't get vaccinated until June.
    My folks are in Washington, are age 70+, and can't even get their appointment scheduled. :-(

Mom got Shot #2 (Pfizer) today. 8 hours later and no side effects so far.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Both of my 85+ parents got shot #2 today. So relieved for them.

Meanwhile I'm ready to choke a bitch to get shot #1.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I’m stoked, just got an email from Dartmouth-Hitchcock, I’m on the list! Should get my invitation in the next few days.
    crab in my shoe mouth

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

That guy seems to know his shit. I don’t necessarily agree with all his opinions but facts and guests are solid.

I’ll be driving through Iowa in a week, (get rid of that cold shit!), for the 4th time in the last couple months on the way to WI. Had to stop to get a tire fixed last time through in Des Moines and found great mask compliance in the Ford dealership. Walked around the neighborhood for a couple hours. Thought folks were playing by the rules...mostly. Only a small sample of IA though. If you want to see real stupidity, check out most of my state, WY! Numbers are coming down but they will shoot back up. Outside of Teton county it seems hard to spot someone with a mask.

I have a handful of doc/nurse friends that have had both doses. Moderna seems to be the kick in the ass one around here from what they tell me. My elderly mom is getting PFE #2 next Wednesday!

Has anyone read up on the latest news about a 14 week woman having a miscarriage after getting vacinated?
    I just caught some of it. Fairly middle of the road source.
    I ask because a maggot had started a thread asking about this very thing.

I have no doubt that a woman had a miscarriage after getting vacinated. But women have miscarriages all the time.

I know many doctors do not recommend pregnant woman get the vaccine. But is that now the official word.?

And you regulars here. Have you seen the story?
    We don't really watch the same news.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Depends on the news sources you're following.

Yes, miscarriages happen all the time. If the rate of miscarriages is statistically significantly increased amongst the vaccinated population relative to baseline miscarriage statistics that's worth investigating.

Singular occurrence is anecdotal hype, regardless of whether it's from a "middle of the road source".

Figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I have no doubt that a woman had a miscarriage after getting vacinated. But women have miscarriages all the time.

We don't really watch the same news.
    Your instincts are better than your news sources.

Published on 4 December, 2020: Get Ready for False Side Effects

We’re talking about treating very, very large populations, which means that you’re going to see the usual run of mortality and morbidity that you see across large samples. Specifically, if you take 10 million people and just wave your hand back and forth over their upper arms, in the next two months you would expect to see about 4,000 heart attacks. About 4,000 strokes. Over 9,000 new diagnoses of cancer. And about 14,000 of that ten million will die, out of usual all-causes mortality. No one would notice. That’s how many people die and get sick anyway.

But if you took those ten million people and gave them a new vaccine instead, there’s a real danger that those heart attacks, cancer diagnoses, and deaths will be attributed to the vaccine. I mean, if you reach a large enough population, you are literally going to have cases where someone gets the vaccine and drops dead the next day (just as they would have if they *didn’t* get the vaccine). It could prove difficult to convince that person’s friends and relatives of that lack of connection, though. Post hoc ergo propter hoc is one of the most powerful fallacies of human logic, and we’re not going to get rid of it any time soon. Especially when it comes to vaccines. The best we can do, I think, is to try to get the word out in advance. Let people know that such things are going to happen, because people get sick and die constantly in this world. The key will be whether they are getting sick or dying at a noticeably higher rate once they have been vaccinated.

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipelin...e-side-effects

I hear you. But what I heard today is multiple sources brand new story. Keep your eyes open.

This information came from people who don't just jump to conclusions because they like the narrative it reenforces. They are not anti vaxers.

I am guessing your news sources have not mentioned it. I did catch the fact that twitter accounts were blocked over it.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Racial bias rears it's ugly head with regards to vaccine availability. My coworkers get their shots today, we all signed up at the same time, all have the same job titles, etc., but they're all white and I'm not. Guess who was the only person to not get an appointment for a vaccine this round?