Page 629 of 929 FirstFirst ... 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 ... LastLast
Results 15,701 to 15,725 of 23206
    Just read an article on kids vaccines. Nothing is approved completely yet, not sure you can book yet. This quote scares me
    I do think it’s a relatively close call,” said adviser Dr. Eric Rubin of Harvard University. “It’s really going to be a question of what the prevailing conditions are but we’re never going to learn about how safe this vaccine is unless we start giving it.”

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Getting wicked dry mouth now, booster shot was at 10:00.
    Are you sure it’s not the weed?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    Just read an article on kids vaccines. Nothing is approved completely yet, not sure you can book yet. This quote scares me
    I do think it’s a relatively close call,” said adviser Dr. Eric Rubin of Harvard University. “It’s really going to be a question of what the prevailing conditions are but we’re never going to learn about how safe this vaccine is unless we start giving it.”
    My kid’s pediatrician office (Allegro) is setting up a “vaccine clinic” 11/12 & 11/13 and they reached out to us so we booked a spot.

Maybe they know something we don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    That's true of every vaccine, every drug, ever. The covid vaccine trials were exceptional because of their size and there were still significant complications--blood clots and myocarditis--that were rare enough to not show up until after approval.
    The key thing to keep in mind is that while there will be some complications showing up in small kids just as there have been in older people, the risk of covid is likely to persist for years, maybe decades or longer. So the risk of complications has to be weighed against the long term risk of covid.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    6yr old scheduled for vaccine shot#1 on Nov 13th.

FDA advisory panel has endorsed the Pfizer for 5-11. So I imagine they are anticipating FDA and CDC approval by then.

Here's to hoping you parents of little kids can get them vaxxed VERY soon. It would stress me to no end sending them to school or daycare unvaxxed. You're almost there!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Here's to hoping you parents of little kids can get them vaxxed VERY soon. It would stress me to no end sending them to school or daycare unvaxxed. You're almost there!
    yep, it does stress me out a lot, if I let myself think about it. So yeah, I really want her to have the same protection I do, and she's fully on board with that. Come on, FDA!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    yep, it does stress me out a lot, if I let myself think about it. So yeah, I really want her to have the same protection I do, and she's fully on board with that. Come on, FDA!
    I remember taking my K and 2nd graders to get the H1N1 vaccine in 2009. Had to go stand in line all day at a National Guard Armory. Didn't bat an eye about doing that..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

whoa! We've been calling our doc to see if they're scheduling, but they're not yet.
    We called our ped's office today and same thing.

Depending on the mix of vaccine sent out I'm wondering if the pharmacy won't be faster. Don't a lot of parents feel uncomfortable taking their kids to CVS for shots?

That is if the Moderna/J&J booster rush calms down in the next few days

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Seems overkill to get a pediatrician to give your kid a vaccine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Well, I’ve posted before about my batshit crazy, born again, anti-vax nutter in- laws before, but shit might be coming to a head…..Quick recap, SIL and family moved to Texas last year, cause freedumbz. MIL followed soon thereafter.They both believe the vaccine is the Mark of the Beast, Fauci is the Antichrist, Hillary drinks baby blood, and scooby scooby do…..MIL calls Mrs. Seano last night, wanting them all to come up here for Thanksgiving. My reply was absolutely they can, as long as they bring proof of vaccination…SIL had a complete Cat 5 meltdown, I could hear her screaming at Mrs. Seano on the phone from the next room…..After about five minutes, I grabbed the phone, told the SIL that according to her precious Jesus book, I am the king of this fucking castle, her sister submits to me, and she and her mom could fuck right off……Think it’s gonna be a nice, small, quiet Thanksgiving this year. Fuck. Sake.
    Bravo! When are we going to ski together?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Seems overkill to get a pediatrician to give your kid a vaccine?
    Are your kids vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    We called our ped's office today and same thing.

Depending on the mix of vaccine sent out I'm wondering if the pharmacy won't be faster. Don't a lot of parents feel uncomfortable taking their kids to CVS for shots?

That is if the Moderna/J&J booster rush calms down in the next few days

what I have read -- who knows if it will be true -- is that they won't be using the "pharmacy" model for the kid's vaccines, but instead will be doing it through special clinics and doctor's offices. Maybe precisely because many parents are wary of going to the local CVS for their kids' shots?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Are your kids vaccinated?

I don't have any.

But it doesn't need a doctor to administer a vaccine.

But if every parent does it'll tie up appointments with a doctor for kids that do need to see one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

what I have read -- who knows if it will be true -- is that they won't be using the "pharmacy" model for the kid's vaccines, but instead will be doing it through special clinics and doctor's offices. Maybe precisely because many parents are wary of going to the local CVS for their kids' shots?
    Since they were little babies kids got all their vaccines at the pediatrician office (at least mine). Why change now. They know how to deal with stabbing kids with needles because they do it all day. Plus, no chance of any mix ups because there aren’t adult doses laying around. The pediatrician maintains all the vaccine records for your kid anyway so why go elsewhere.

My kid is 6. Maybe if she were 10 or 11 I’d be more open to the drive through jabbers.

I don't have any.

But if every parent does it'll tie up appointments with a doctor for kids that do need to see one.
    You do realize that lots of stuff happens at a pediatrician's office that doesn't require the actual pediatrician, right? If they do covid vaccines through peds offices, it will not clog up appointments for kids who need to see a doctor.

I don't have any.

The medical assistants give the shots.

Since they were little babies kids got all their vaccines at the pediatrician office (at least mine). Why change now. They know how to deal with stabbing kids with needles because they do it all day. Plus, no chance of any mix ups because there aren’t adult doses laying around. The pediatrician maintains all the vaccine records for your kid anyway so why go elsewhere.

My kid is 6. Maybe if she were 10 or 11 I’d be more open to the drive through jabbers.

Bingo.

My girl is 11. We did the CVS flu shot this year because it is down the road. She was a bit confused at first but it went fine. She is a long ways from a six year old.

Until a couple years ago I also preferred going to my doctor for shots. Wanted a flu vaccine before before a flight to Yurp and drugstore set me up and since then why bother with the hassle of the doctors office full of sick people.

Danno I swear I read they were going to send some to regular pharmacies

Got a Moderna booster tonight, on top of Pfizer, on top of natural immunity. I guess that if this don't work, nothing will.

Kids vax location:
    Ped office (nurse or assistant administer): nice to see peeps that we know. They enjoy the experience. If the kids piss themselves, not a big deal. Sometimes faster than pharmacy

Pharmacy: easier to bribe because of candy aisle. Gets more complicated if the kids soil themselves. Always hear the most fucked up stories while waiting near the school pharmacy check out.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Kids vax location:
    Ped office (nurse or assistant administer): nice to see peeps that we know. They enjoy the experience. If the kids piss themselves, not a big deal. Sometimes faster than pharmacy

Pharmacy: easier to bribe because of candy aisle. Gets more complicated if the kids soil themselves. Always hear the most fucked up stories while waiting near the school pharmacy check out.
    Yeah, great if it happens at the pediatrician, but pharmacy will be all good too.

Kids vax location:

Pharmacy: easier to bribe because of candy aisle. Gets more complicated if the kids soil themselves. Always hear the most fucked up stories while waiting near the pharmacy check out counter.
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 10-27-2021 at 12:01 AM.

I just read the yle summary of the advisory committee meeting. Pfizer didn’t test/study for infection but for disease.

The hearing and the yle summary includes the most comprehensive summary of known covid infection stuff for 5-11 yo that I’ve seen:

Infection: More than 1.9 million 5-11 year olds have been infected by COVID19 during the pandemic. During Delta, there was a sharp increase in cases; 5-11 year olds represented 10.6% of cases in the week of Oct 10 (they make up 8.7% of the population).

There are still kids susceptible to COVID19. Only 42% of kids aged 5-11 years have antibodies from natural immunity.
    Hospitalization: There’ve been >8300 COVID19 hospitalizations of 5-11 year olds

Over 30% of 5-11 year olds hospitalized did not have an underlying condition.
    When compared to other kids, 5-11 year olds had the least number of hospitalizations. But, starting in August, they had the highest rate since the beginning of the pandemic.
    Once hospitalized, 1/3 of kids ended up in the ICU.

There were exceedingly low (only 9) hospitalizations for flu during 2020-2021. At the same time, there were significantly higher COVID19 hospitalizations. Had mitigation measures (masks, closed schools) not been in place, these numbers would have been much higher.

MIS-C (multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children) is highest among 5-11 year olds. This is a condition where different body parts can become inflamed, including the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, skin, eyes, or gastrointestinal organs. There’s been 5,217 MIS-C cases reported as of October 4, 2021. 60-70% of patients are admitted to ICU and 1-2% died.
    Death: There have been 94 5-11 year olds that have died from COVID19. For context, this places COVID19 as the 8th leading cause of death for this age group. More recently (during Delta), COVID19 jumped to the 6th leading cause of death in this age group.

Long COVID19: 7-8% of kids experience long COVID19. The following symptoms occur among kids for more than 4 weeks: fatigue, headache, insomnia, trouble concentrating, muscle and joint pain, and cough. There are also impacts on quality of life: Limitations of physical activity, feeling distressed about symptoms, mental health challenges, decreased school attendance/participation.

Secondary outcomes
    In-person school: COVID-19 in children leads to lost in-person learning and other adverse outcomes. This has resulted in 2,074 schools closed, 1,069,116 of students and 68,718 teachers affected.
    Transmission: Kids also significantly contribute to the spread of the virus. Secondary transmission from young school age children can and does occur in both household and school settings

I was going to comment on how kids will be vaccinated but these guys know more and say it better.
    https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ccine-rollout/
    I got my Sabin in the school gym with all the other kids when it first came out. I don't know how I got the Salk.
    I vividly remember my doctor father bringing all his glass syringes and dull reusable needles to family gatherings, boiling them on the stove, and giving me, my brothers and my cousins their shots. Very traumatizing.

whomper-

Thank you for the information -
    I hope participation will be Good.
    it is apparent in the region I call home, schools and school activities are important to transmission.

'Breakthrough' infections and reports of another ( 'new' ) highly transmissible Delta variant remain concerns.

( the nearest small city reported 275 new cases on Monday. no fooling (two hundred seventy-five ) )

...looking forward to another dose (vaccination).

Be well.
    Please, Be Safe... tj