Page 485 of 929 FirstFirst ... 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ... LastLast
Results 12,101 to 12,125 of 23206
    And after all that BS tantrum he'll disqualify himself from the TriCAre for Life (Medicare now) if he refuses to take the vaccine or other required preventative treatments. My mom had TriCare for Live. It was a really good thing to have. But ya, we're already at the place where both Medicare and private insurers are going to either charge massive premiums or disqualifying people whose risky behavior (not getting vaxxed) will likely cost the plan and everyone else on it massive unnecessary expenses.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Based on him currently having 47 days of leave and 62 at time of separation, he submitted this letter about 6 months before he separates (@2.5 days of leave per month). He also states “over 19 years” of service, so I’m willing to bet he’s simply retiring at his normal 20 years and using the vaccine mandate as an excuse to grandstand his (flawed) politics.

I’d imagine he’s a douche of an Officer, and his Command is thrilled he’s leaving.
    Bingo. I've been out for a while, but it used to be fairly common to see officers/NCOs at the end of their 20 pull this stunt - provides a consequence-free way to vent about some minor grievance. They're typically leaving because they've (fairly or unfairly) hit their rank ceiling. The fact that this guy is still an LTC at 20 makes him look like a prime candidate ... and a little foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    ski dog i missed your reply, what fifty percent?

it does seem like an unreasonable amount of military and police are caught up in the culture wars politics of the moment, i agree.

btw, that resignation predates the mandate by a couple of weeks, right?

sounds like a kook.
    Think the military mandated it before the general public the other day.

The 50% was what might be considered "right wing" in the military. And you know the nearly 50% of the general public that voted orange.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

There are 260 million adults in America. 74 million voted for Trump. That means only 28% of the 'general public' voted orange.

I think it is interesting that people don’t believe Q/racism/white supremacy bullshit are prevalent across police and military (you know, just a few bad apples) and impacts how they interact with the world but find the idea that 50% of the US military or police force are going to quit over a vaccine believable and can’t see how the two originate in the same world of bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The Reddit thread is teh funneh: Girl, bye

Based on him currently having 47 days of leave and 62 at time of separation, he submitted this letter about 6 months before he separates (@2.5 days of leave per month). He also states “over 19 years” of service, so I’m willing to bet he’s simply retiring at his normal 20 years and using the vaccine mandate as an excuse to grandstand his (flawed) politics.

I’d imagine he’s a douche of an Officer, and his Command is thrilled he’s leaving.

I dont get why anyone in the military would be opposed to a Vaccine. Do you have any Idea how many they already have? Shit when I was active I was required to get the experimental Anthrax Vaccine, nobody gave a fuck! In boot camp you walk down a long ass hall way lined with nurses and recieve like 20 different shots from airguns and you dont even know what your getting. To go through all that and oppose a Vaccine for Corona Virus makes 0 sense.

They're opposed to it because the right-wing media they consume has told them to be opposed to it.

That letter was dripping with talking points lifted from right-wing social media and speeches by anti-vax politicians.

These people call themselves the free thinkers too.
    Navy or Marines? Don’t move with the vaccination gun. A couple guys couldn’t figure that one out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    Bingo. I've been out for a while, but it used to be fairly common to see officers/NCOs at the end of their 20 pull this stunt - provides a consequence-free way to vent about some minor grievance. They're typically leaving because they've (fairly or unfairly) hit their rank ceiling. The fact that this guy is still an LTC at 20 makes him look like a prime candidate ... and a little foolish.
    Can you refuse an order because you're on leave? I assume he hadn't been given a direct order (yet), but if he's at odds with his CO on this, isn't he still sticking his neck out on this thing until he's actually out?

I am sick and tired of reading every single freakin' day story after story about an unvaxxed person in the hospital telling everyone they need to get vaxxed because it's HORRIBLE. Well no fucking shit Sherlock. It's like having someone tell you if you stand out in the rain without a coat you're gonna get wet.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'd prefer to never again hear or read the phrase "new normal".
    Fair enough.. It's really not "new" at all to folks who were already aware (er umm woke?) of the realities of police brutality, how many people around them were/are actually gay, how oppressed women have been all through history, etc. It's more about denial from many when these things are pointed out more and more with measures implemented to formally acknowledge/address them.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    The fact that this guy is still an LTC at 20 makes him look like a prime candidate ... and a little foolish.
    Exactly, he obviously has been passed over AT LEAST TWICE for promotion to Colonel. His careers was over.

And he was assigned to “Special Troops Battalion”. That sounds badass to a civilian, but it has nothing to do with Special Forces. Special Troops Battalion is the marching band and other assorted ash&trash units. Total dead assignment for an LTC.

Fucking loser.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Let's take a step back and imagine how horrific things would be here right now without working vaccines.. i.e. if nobody was vaccinated yet. It's crystal clear now that even having had it last year isn't much protection at all this year. That alone should bring down any intelligent(?) rational(?) person to the decision to roll up their sleeve.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Can you refuse an order because you're on leave? I assume he hadn't been given a direct order (yet), but if he's at odds with his CO on this, isn't he still sticking his neck out on this thing until he's actually out?
    Nobody is going to waste time hassling this guy on his way out the door, even if he's screaming hysterical nonsense all the way to the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Let's take a step back and imagine how horrific things would be here right now without working vaccines.. i.e. if nobody was vaccinated yet. It's crystal clear now that even having had it last year isn't much protection at all this year. That alone should bring down any intelligent(?) rational(?) person to the decision to roll up their sleeve.
    This was always part of the problem with SD, mask mandates, etc... There is no good way to convince certain people how effective those policies have been. Like if we did everything possible and had no cases the same set that doesn't want to go along with things would be rubbing it in our faces how it was all a big farce the whole time.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Exactly, he obviously has been passed over AT LEAST TWICE for promotion to Colonel. His careers was over.

And he was assigned to “Special Troops Battalion”. That sounds badass to a civilian, but it has nothing to do with Special Forces. Special Troops Battalion is the marching band and other assorted ash&trash units. Total dead assignment for an LTC.

Fucking loser.

I don't disagree with your assessment if this particular individual. I strongly disagree with your blanket broadstroking of ALL who put in 20 years and don't make full bird. There were quite a few people with steller careers out of military academies who were passed over after reaching LTC in the late 60s and ear;y 70s... Something else was going on called Viet Fucking Nam. The were on advisory boards and expressing the legit position that the effort was unwinnable. More recently well, you know, Afghan is fucking stan. Same shit with people giving well qualified expert opinions who got screwed for doing that. I, for one, thank them rather than calling them all losers. Old goats kid is one example of many caught in that rut but he can keep quite because he's not a lieutenant or LTC being asked for his expert opinion before being fucked for being honest.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

I don't disagree with your assessment if this particular individual. I strongly disagree with your blanket broadstroking of ALL who put in 20 years and don't make full bird. There were quite a few people with steller careers out of military academies who were passed over after reaching LTC in the late 60s and ear;y 70s... Something else was going on called Viet Fucking Nam. The were on advisory boards and expressing the legit position that the effort was unwinnable. More recently well, you know, Afghan is fucking stan. Same shit with people giving well qualified expert opinions who got screwed for doing that. I, for one, thank them rather than calling them all losers. Old goats kid is one example of many caught in that rut but he can keep quite because he's not a lieutenant or LTC being asked for his expert opinion before being fucked for being honest.
    I’m well aware of Vietnam. I enlisted at age 17 just 26 days after the last helicopter took off from our embassy.

Maybe I am jaded because of my own experience.

Made it to E-6, got selected for an officer program and got a free college education, graduated #1 in my OCS class so I got a regular commission not a reserve commission, then told 18 months later the Berlin Wall is coming down and we are cutting the military in half so bye-bye. Asked if I could go back to E-6, they said it would be OK if I only had a reserve commission but as a regular officer no way. Should have graduated #2 in my class. Oh well. Moved to Montana, became a ski bum, and 35 years later I was the Mayor of Big Sky. Premature end of my military career worked out for me. YMMV.

Still stand by my above assessment. That LTC is an ideologue who has no place in the military. His actions are a direct threat to those he serves with and are contrary to good order and discipline.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I’m well aware of Vietnam. I enlisted at age 17 just 26 days after the last helicopter took off from our embassy.

Maybe I am jaded because of my own experience.

Made it to E-6, got selected for an officer program and got a free college education, graduated #1 in my OCS class so I got a regular commission not a reserve commission, then told 18 months later the Berlin Wall is coming down and we are cutting the military in half so bye-bye. Asked if I could go back to E-6, they said it would be OK if I only had a reserve commission but as a regular officer no way. Should have graduated #2 in my class. Oh well. Moved to Montana, became a ski bum, and 35 years later I was the Mayor of Big Sky. Premature end of my military career worked out for me. YMMV.

Still stand by my above assessment. That LTC is an ideologue who has no place in the military. His actions are a direct threat to those he serves with and are contrary to good order and discipline.

Couldn’t have said it better, from one sailor to another. We never talked politics when I was in the Navy. Maybe with our civilian friends but it just wasn’t done among service members.

You didn't answer the challenge. You seemed to be saying that EVERYONE who doesn't make full bird at 20 years is or was a "loser". We don't disagree about the POS in this discussion. I disagree about the fact that there were others who were asked to provide assessments on current campaigns and were punished and blackballed for being honest when asked That's not the same thing as stumping for shit that isn't part of your oath or duty to country and command.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I am sick and tired of reading every single freakin' day story after story about an unvaxxed person in the hospital telling everyone they need to get vaxxed because it's HORRIBLE. Well no fucking shit Sherlock. It's like having someone tell you if you stand out in the rain without a coat you're gonna get wet.
    Do you feel like in most of these stories the Covidiot is contrite or ashamed? I’ve read a couple of quotes where it seemed they were basically saying “I believed the bullshit the right wing pundits and my friends were blabbing about, now I realize how wrong I was…please don’t repeat my mistake”.

I can relate to the No Shit Sherlock feeling but I hope these news stories continue to get visibility. Even if they only impact 1% of the unvaxxed.

You didn't answer the challenge. You seemed to be saying that EVERYONE who doesn't make full bird at 20 years is or was a "loser". We don't disagree about the POS in this discussion. I disagree about the fact that there were others who were asked to provide assessments on current campaigns and were punished and blackballed for being honest when asked That's not the same thing as stumping for shit that isn't part of your oath or duty to country and command.
    I was not implying that, it was not my intention to present it that way at all. Sorry if I did. I certainly agree that there are good people of all ranks, some get promoted, some don’t. As an enlisted fleet sailor who “came up through the hawsepipe” I dealt with my share of ring knocking Academy douchebags.

That LTC has no place in the military. Glad he resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Do you feel like in most of these stories the Covidiot is contrite or ashamed? I’ve read a couple of quotes where it seemed they were basically saying “I believed the bullshit the right wing pundits and my friends were blabbing about, now I realize how wrong I was…please don’t repeat my mistake”.

I can relate to the No Shit Sherlock feeling but I hope these news stories continue to get visibility. Even if they only impact 1% of the unvaxxed.
    I'm trying to practice compassion but I'm getting worn down. I would certainly never say "I told you so" to anyone suffering from Covid's ravages. I suppose that post was my way of screaming into the void.

I have a friend (75yo) who has been in the hospital for over a week now with Covid. She's not doing well. Don't know if she was vaxxed or not because I was told it was none of my business but I'm inclined to guess the answer is "no."

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

I don't think the "news" sources the unvaxxed follow do any reporting on all the near-death or deathbed converts.

And that sentiment is falling on deaf ears…

One of our young (37yo) COVID patients, right before he was intubated, told his buddy to get vaccinated. Buddy is refusing to get the vaccine even though his friend has been on a ventilator for 21 days. Three fricking weeks! Unfortunately the patient’s lungs are toast and he most certainly will not recover from this.

I’m at a loss.

Shake it, shake it Sugaree...

I'm trying to practice compassion but I'm getting worn down. I would certainly never say "I told you so" to anyone suffering from Covid's ravages. I suppose that post was my way of screaming into the void.

I have a friend (75yo) who has been in the hospital for over a week now with Covid. She's not doing well. Don't know if she was vaxxed or not because I was told it was none of my business but I'm inclined to guess the answer is "no."
    Seems like the majority consensus around here on your friend would be "oh well"....how many did she infect on her way to the hospital? Remember your audience.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

And that sentiment is falling on deaf ears…

One of our young (37yo) COVID patients, right before he was intubated, told his buddy to get vaccinated. Buddy is refusing to get the vaccine even though his friend has been on a ventilator for 21 days. Three fricking weeks! Unfortunately the patient’s lungs are toast and he most certainly will not recover from this.

I’m at a loss.

Shake it, shake it Sugaree...