Page 379 of 929 FirstFirst ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,475 of 23206

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Valiant statesmanship but it's hicks. You're surrounded by hicks.
    True, though they’re generally called rednecks around here. Lotta libertarian farmers, too. The redneck/farmer ven diagram has a lot of overlap, but there’s some separation.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    I think the New Yorker just did that, except instead of vaccines, they were told the other place didn't require masks.
    Figures. Those two bit hacks.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    You cannot tamp out an airborne R(0) of 7. Not even with lockdowns and masks, only slow it. With vaccine, lockdown, and mask, you could possibly get R(e)<1.

Or just vax everyone and turn it into a mild flu in terms of consequence.
    Masks and distancing help but as you note only slow the spread because even if they cut the growth rate in half there's not much difference between exponential R(e) to the 3t versus R(e) to the 6t.

However for all consternation over breakthrough infections, not only do vaccines turn Covid into a mild flu or cold when symptoms do occur they also bring R0 close to or even below 1 among the vaccinated.

Vaccines work vs delta. As more data becomes available it looks like the "waning immunity" bandwagon is actually a behavioral - not immune - effect as vaccinated people, especially younger people, mix freely with unvaccinated people.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    I'd be interested to know. We're all in lockdown on this side of the ditch too, and the plan seems to be that we're in until 70-80% of the 16+ population are vaxxed (there's media reporting that they're trying to get the vaccs approved for 12+ like everywhere else).

Seeing experts coming out now saying that elimination like we had until recently is no longer possible, herd immunity is increasingly likely off the table because Delta changed the game, and we need to shift the discussion to living with/managing the virus and just get vaccination numbers as high as possible.
    Some of us have been trying to tell the rest of this thread exactly what you are posting. Some even got banned for it.

COVID isn't going to go away, especially with the low low vax rates in non 1st world countries. Hell its going to mutate more.

Anyone else catch this whorebag faking having seizures due to Covid vaccine? She probably isn't the only one.

WTF is wrong with people?

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Some of us have been trying to tell the rest of this thread exactly what you are posting. Some even got banned for it.
    Wrong, you and others have been arguing vaccines don't work against Delta. Some even went as far as repeatedly posting or defending bad misreported data even after it was shown to be wrong, even after new updated info disproving the misinformation became available.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Long interview with dr nuzzo of John Hopkins. Cover breakthrough infections, contagiousness, long covid, kids, and boosters. She seems resigned that we’re all going to catch it at some point but hopefully all will be vaxed, and with the hope that we do not develop adverse long covid.

She also mentioned something that I didn’t realize, getting the annual flu vax and catching the flu, but only experiencing mild symptoms. She said that it happens every year to her since she’s had kids. It makes me wonder if this frequently happens to me and I assume that I’m experiencing allergies or a mild cold.

https://omny.fm/shows/in-the-bubble/...-explained-wit

desantis, florida, regeneron

please don't get vaccinated, or wear a mask, but do go wait in pain at the library for our government provided monoclonal treatment.
    what the fuck?
    twitter link

NEW: COJ confirms picture was taken at downtown library monoclonal antibody center yesterday. Woman who posted picture to Reddit says her husband took it, saw people crying in pain. COJ says they were waiting for treatment, providing triple # of wheelchairs now. Statement below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7snmdl97o5i71.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	382852

Lots of reports nationally with anti-vaxxers/anti-maskers getting into physical altercations with school teachers at school conferences. Some teacher had to get stitches from one altercation. MAGA!

COVID isn't going to go away, especially with the low low vax rates in non 1st world countries. Hell its going to mutate more.
    That's what I'm thinking too and why anti vax, anti mask asshats lie spreaders like asspen piss me off.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

So what you've been saying is because irradication is not possible until everywhere in the world is on board and fully vaccinated and that doesn't happen at the snap of ones fingers overnight, that getting vaccinated becomes THE best way to not only limit severity of disease upon subsequent exposure but also blunt the mutational chances for the virus by reducing the number of hosts that could be infected and by reducing the time frame of illness within the vaccinated which means that the virus also has less time to mutate in someone who has been infected?

Then I agree.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I know an upstanding long time community member who has been driving school bus for 20+ years. I never asked her about the pay, but it can't be that bad because she isn't doing it for funsies. Also, county free transit bus drivers start in the 20s/hr with gov bennies. Dunno what resort bus drivers make...
    20 years?!? Man, if she was here she could totally have upgraded to janitor by now!

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    You all should move to Iowa. Des Moines schools just closed their admistratives offices because of a covid outbreak but they can't require masks or vaccines because

Name:	1551ckCOMICgenerations.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	239.6 KB 
ID:	382861

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post

Name:	1551ckCOMICgenerations.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	239.6 KB 
ID:	382861
    I have been applying this exact analogy for a year!

Some of are watching the unvaccinated live with it and aren’t really interested in swimming in that pool.

“Haha I told you the vaccines weren’t perfect!”

1. We knew that all along. No vaccines are (see flu shots for example). This is dogma. You’re not teaching anybody anything. This isn’t some brilliant idea that you came up with and held dearly while the doctors were confused.

2. What is your point? Should we stop recommending vaccines as a measure to lessen disease burden / curb the spread / prevent hospitals getting overwhelmed etc?

When someone says “I don’t get the flu shot because I don't get the flu” does that sound like good reasoning?

What about “I don’t get the flu shot because you can still get the flu even if you’ve had the shot”?

All the posters here who can’t stop saying “the vaccines aren’t perfect, vaccinated people can still get it and spread it, and we are all gonna get covid at some point” are transparently ignoring the evidence showing vaccinated people having less bad outcomes even if they get covid.

Steepbased will now chime in with a small study from Israel that clearly stated the vaxxed inpatients with covid were older and had more comorbidities that the unvaxxed inpatients.

This happened yesterday afternoon in the Seattle suburb of Everett. Can someone enlighten me as to why they are protesting at at hospital?

https://twitter.com/ogvanniphoto/sta...744260/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    This happened yesterday afternoon in the Seattle suburb of Everett. Can someone enlighten me as to why they are protesting at at hospital?

Because they're assholes.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Because the mask mandate makes it too hard to carpool to Olympia?

Friend of mine went out to protest in Sacramento yesterday--in a group of alleged "healthcare workers" protesting mandates. She's not a healthcare worker, she's a middle manager. Or was? Is CA firing the unvaccinated?

She went because she accepts Lucifer's Razor: anything an authority wants must be wrong.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    “Haha I told you the vaccines weren’t perfect!”

1. We knew that all along. No vaccines are (see flu shots for example). This is dogma. You’re not teaching anybody anything. This isn’t some brilliant idea that you came up with and held dearly while the doctors were confused.

2. What is your point? Should we stop recommending vaccines as a measure to lessen disease burden / curb the spread / prevent hospitals getting overwhelmed etc?

When someone says “I don’t get the flu shot because I don't get the flu” does that sound like good reasoning?

What about “I don’t get the flu shot because you can still get the flu even if you’ve had the shot”?

All the posters here who can’t stop saying “the vaccines aren’t perfect, vaccinated people can still get it and spread it, and we are all gonna get covid at some point” are transparently ignoring the evidence showing vaccinated people having less bad outcomes even if they get covid.

Steepbased will now chime in with a small study from Israel that clearly stated the vaxxed inpatients with covid were older and had more comorbidities that the unvaxxed inpatients.
    Assssspen has tried nothing and is all out of ideas.

I thought Asspenis was an RJ alias but I don’t see multiple erroneous posts in a row so that theory doesn’t pan out.

My wife and I went to Northwest Hospital in Seattle last week to get a Covid test for travel and the woman administering the test asked us if there were any picketers when we came in. Apparently they had been at that hospital earlier in the day. You'd really think people would have have more important things to do with their time.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    . You'd really think people would have have more important things to do with their time.
    The volume of posts in here (mine included) proves otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Long interview with dr nuzzo of John Hopkins. Cover breakthrough infections, contagiousness, long covid, kids, and boosters. She seems resigned that we’re all going to catch it at some point but hopefully all will be vaxed, and with the hope that we do not develop adverse long covid.

She also mentioned something that I didn’t realize, getting the annual flu vax and catching the flu, but only experiencing mild symptoms. She said that it happens every year to her since she’s had kids. It makes me wonder if this frequently happens to me and I assume that I’m experiencing allergies or a mild cold.

https://omny.fm/shows/in-the-bubble/...-explained-wit

Never really thought about that - we have a couple of vectors (uh, kids) who apparently lick handrails at school and so we endure countless family-wide colds - but maybe it was the flu some of those times.

We got tested last time we had bad colds (right before COVID) - and it was indeed the flu - but only lasted a couple days.

Not that we didn't get annual flu shots already, but that does drive home the point.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    The volume of posts in here (mine included) proves otherwise
    Good point. I guess I prefer the keyboard venting to standing out on the street holding a damn sign. At least I can maintain some pretense of doing work.