Page 555 of 629 FirstFirst ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 ... LastLast
Results 13,851 to 13,875 of 15723
  1. #13851
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,365
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The first positive tests using mRNA were in 1990. The technology has been in development ever since then. It’s not new science.
    Not to mention there are alternatives to the mRNA vaccines. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine uses a more traditional technology.

  2. #13852
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,923
    Mtu you called people in here “total fucking retards” for getting something right you got 100% wrong. Doesn’t even matter what the topic was. You should reflect on what other topics you might be 100% wrong on but 100% confident you are getting right. Just my opinion though.

  3. #13853
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    so you know how a prior covid infected passes the virus over a vaccinated? WOW..i havent seen anything like that...even the CDC says they need more data and they really dont know..
    This is another example illustrating how disingenuous and dishonest you are. The previous discussion had nothing whatsoever to do with viral loads between the vax'd and the previously infected.

    As you well know your interminable argument at the time, which went on for days, was the unvaccinated (with no mention of previous infection) transmit at the same rate as the vaccinated. Now, like your false claims about bringing new ideas to the table, you're attempting to reframe the argument.

  4. #13854
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Mtu you called people in here “total fucking retards” for getting something right you got 100% wrong. Doesn’t even matter what the topic was. You should reflect on what other topics you might be 100% wrong on but 100% confident you are getting right. Just my opinion though.
    Sure, there's that but have you considered that he once sold someone some Dynafits with a 100% successful paypal transaction?

  5. #13855
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    15,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Sure, there's that but have you considered that he once sold someone some Dynafits with a 100% successful paypal transaction?
    It's a good point. So I guess vaccines don't work and we should all run out to get COVID asap.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

  6. #13856
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    yeah i mean boosters sure arent new...dont kids get 2 of MMR spaced? I can't remember the schedule.

    I had not heard your stance on boosters, or missed it, and I appreciate it....
    Prime + Boost is common with many. MMR is 2 doses. Varicella is 2 doses. Many more...

    Many are 3 dose series like Hib, Polio, HPV, and Hep B.

    You get your DTaP 5 times between 2mo and 6 years and then a Tdap at age 12 and every 10 years thereafter.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  7. #13857
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Watching over the valley
    Posts
    3,792
    Why are you pushing vaccines on people intead of just letting them decide, if I get polio and genital warts at the same time, and I survive, I'll have super antibodies! And the occasional bump on my nuts, but that's muh choice! And if I spread my nut bumps to others (without knowing), well, they should have made the choice to protect themselves. Why do you hate freedom? Nut bumps aren't even real! Do you even ski??

  8. #13858
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    5,682
    Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Why are you pushing vaccines on people intead of just letting them decide, if I get polio and genital warts at the same time, and I survive, I'll have super antibodies! And the occasional bump on my nuts, but that's muh choice! And if I spread my nut bumps to others (without knowing), well, they should have made the choice to protect themselves. Why do you hate freedom? Nut bumps aren't even real! Do you even ski??
    You slept with Nicki Manaj's cousin's friend didn't you!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  9. #13859
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    /endthread? 

    In all seriousness, there has been a lot of good info in this thread, and it's pretty clear who is knowledgeable about the topic and who is not. It also is depressing knowing that the little dynamic between shingles, "prove me wrong" dog, and a couple other boneheads vs the knowledgeable posters is playing out nationwide with similar results.
    I don't necessarily support a mandate, but if no mandate is going to be the case, then I would like to see vaccine passports implemented and required to participate in things like sports, concerts, entry to workplaces, airpñanes, buses, etc. Basically public places where disease spreaders would spread disease. Don't want to get the shot, fine, stay home. When we cross a certain threshold of vaccinated people, say 97% or something agreed upon by scientists to be high enough to functionally shut down the pandemic, we can retire the passport.
    now is this 97% against the delta? Or the new variant that’s going to come next year? Or the year after? Just wondering when the people who have antibodies through infection are going to be allowed back into society o wise one..

  10. #13860
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Watching over the valley
    Posts
    3,792
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    blah blah blah..
    Shingles... Thickest skull in tgr? High in the running at any rate, which puts him high in the running worldwide.

  11. #13861
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    32,514
    Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Shingles... Thickest skull in tgr? High in the running at any rate, which puts him high in the running worldwide.
    Stop fucking quoting them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  12. #13862
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,122
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Stop fucking quoting them!
    If you're going to bitch about people quoting Sam Elliott we're going to have words.

  13. #13863
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    now is this 97% against the delta? Or the new variant that’s going to come next year? Or the year after? Just wondering when the people who have antibodies through infection are going to be allowed back into society o wise one..
    Why not deal with the problem at hand with the tools available while scientists look at developing more tools.

    Less people with the virus equal less opportunities for mutations. Lower viral loads also mean less opportunities for mutations.

    So we get shots, wear masks and limit large gathering.

    Scientists work. Shit gets better.

    Ohh wait. Nope. Too many of us are stupid and selfish.

  14. #13864
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    So we get shots, wear masks and limit large gathering.
    Unless your name is London Breed that is.


    Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

  15. #13865
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    valley of the heart's delight
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    don’t really need to watch something - the long term answer is: we don’t know! Isn’t that your answer to everything? Science will change in a year and this video will be wrong and you guys will just say “follow the science!” And “we’re allowed to change our minds!”

    it’s okay though, I’ll still wait on legitimate answers to SkiDogs questioning on - what’s a viral load and does the same load effect everyone equally? Because your argument is everyone needs a vaccine to be protected but everyone knows that depends on viral load.

    I’ll wait for a year with my viral antibodies before getting a vaccine. You guys, by that time, will probably have had 4 or 5 doses of this life saving vaccine by that time. And the best part is; the possibility of our antiviral loads in our bodies could be exactly the same during that time! Because nobody fucking knows. The holier than thou attitude of the jackasses on this thread with the hive mind is laughable at best.

    but keep being deathly afraid of a virus that in less than a years time has been shown to be more like the flu than Ebola 😂
    The answer is we know a lot of things, and we're learning more things, and many of these things won't change.

    If someone doesn't understand science, that can't be fixed in a post.

    Viral load (this is not my field). The idea is you might be exposed to 1 virion, or 10,000. Each can infect a cell. The virus re-engineers the infected cell to produce lots more virions. These virions are released to infect more cells. This is an exponential growth process. Meantime, your immune system ramps up its defense. So the viral load idea is that if the initial infection is only a few virions, 10 hours might pass before they produce 10,000. Effectively this immune system has a 10 hour head start on the one with the 10,000 virion initial infection.

    Everyone and every immune system and every infection is different. Science is messy, but there are many well understood common elements among this vast array of differences.

    There is no "you guys." Each of maggot has their own backgrounds and interpretations based on the evidence they've seen, including you and me.

    I think you generally want a simple answer to what appears a simple question. All the related fields are complex and so are the proper answers. The simple answer is follow CDC's advice. If you want to reasonably MMQB, look to other nations' CDC equivalents. I personally like NZ, CN, TW, though mine seems a minority opinion.

    In the flu/Ebola competition, Covid has run up the score on both of them.

    There's may ways to load a HSQ. On a powder day, society prefers you line up with 3 other people, wait your turn, move up to the line, then sit facing forwards. We don't like snowflakes in the lift line. Get your shots.

  16. #13866
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I don't know if this does all the breakdowns you want and I never used but think I've heard it mentioned in this thread.

    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    negative, they only give total cases.

    does anyone know where to see cases / deaths january to present?
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  17. #13867
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    valley of the heart's delight
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    Why not deal with the problem at hand with the tools available while scientists look at developing more tools.

    Less people with the virus equal less opportunities for mutations. Lower viral loads also mean less opportunities for mutations.

    So we get shots, wear masks and limit large gathering.

    Scientists work. Shit gets better.

    Ohh wait. Nope. Too many of us are stupid and selfish.
    Here, Salve uses viral load meaning how much virus is present in the population. Don't get too hung up on strict definitions, or you'll look silly, like the CDC on the whole aerosol/mask issue.

  18. #13868
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post

    Viral load (this is not my field). The idea is you might be exposed to 1 virion, or 10,000. Each can infect a cell. The virus re-engineers the infected cell to produce lots more virions. These virions are released to infect more cells. This is an exponential growth process. Meantime, your immune system ramps up its defense. So the viral load idea is that if the initial infection is only a few virions, 10 hours might pass before they produce 10,000. Effectively this immune system has a 10 hour head start on the one with the 10,000 virion initial infection.
    I believe you are mixing together a few definitions which I’m pretty sure have been discussed in this thread, viral load and infectious dose.

    Viral load - a measurement of the amount of a virus in an organism, typically in the bloodstream, usually stated in virus particles per milliliter.


    Oxford Languages

  19. #13869
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    negative, they only give total cases.

    does anyone know where to see cases / deaths january to present?
    Look at the graphs on world meter. The graphs show how many cases and deaths

  20. #13870
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    5,682
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    negative, they only give total cases.

    does anyone know where to see cases / deaths january to present?
    I'd like to see that too, but this is probably pretty representative of it. I wonder what's causing this trend????

    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Here's the current list of the top ten states by COVID cases per 100,000 per the New York Times.
    Attachment 386423
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  21. #13871
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,098

    To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

    maybe i just can’t see the other site options on my phone (or user error) but that looks the same - we are at 43M total cases, not just in 2021.
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  22. #13872
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    valley of the heart's delight
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    negative, they only give total cases.

    does anyone know where to see cases / deaths january to present?
    One of CDC's graphs starts from Jan of this year, maybe they have exactly what you want. Or, you might need to do some math. Some of the graphics let you slide the mouse pointer along the graph, giving the totals by date. This one for example Get today's number. Subtract Dec 31st's. Wah-lah. I think this site also has US state-level data someone asked for.

    If you want, many sites give links to their data, that you can import into your own analysis tool. Then you can make your specific graph.

  23. #13873
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,365
    guys...

    Skidog received a warning -

    he responded with profanity and clearly stated Lack-of-care ( about being banned ), demanding that His sources be discredited ;

    I have tried to review today's posts with detachment - which is difficult for me Because I love this community ( tgr's forums ) ;

    the conclusion I have come to - and it can be disclaimed as My opinion -
    . . . the conclusion I have come to is Skidog and mtu want to be banned
    ( mtu has already stated he would create another profile... )

    to my reading, they seek attention; they will forever pursue the argument(,) for the sake of pursuing the argument
    ( on some level, I believe it is anti-social behavior ( and I am sure there is a more specific term, but I am not a student of Psychology )


    I have said it before -

    please,
    Please ! do not respond to those who have demonstrated they only seek the attention of the argument !

    ( ultimately, it will be Much more effective than having moderators or administrators take action )


    Skidog., I am sorry - Because I believe you believe you are well-intended. and up-to- a -point, I see that ( and I have been there myself. )
    But there is also something very unhealthy going on, as most clearly demonstrated in your almost single-handed destruction of the '9-11. twentieth anniversary' thread ;

    mtu. a pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands of people(,) is Not about the individual nor your personal Choice, nor your 'personal freedom' -
    as a member of the species and as, ,,, a part of society, we should all be working against the virus ( several in this thread clearly are In Real Life. )
    I will hope for you that something or someone in your Life shows you that it is not all about you ( - but
    I will also fear that this is something you will never understand. I am sorry for you for that. )


    to the substance of the intention of the thread, I will offer a couple of Simple thoughts -

    - All immunity is 'natural immunity' whether it is initiated by Vaccination or infection ;
    ( the Risk of infection is unacceptable ( and not-imaginable ) to me ) ;

    - ( I mentioned it above - ) the pandemic is Not about the individual - it is about our responsibility to those around us - and the best tool we have to combat the virus is Vaccination.
    sadly, some will not see this - Ever. you will not ever persuade them, the quote is attributed to Lincoln,

    ' you can persuade some of the people, none of the time... '


    Good luck -
    I think /// Please ! ignore the trolls - please. . .


    respectfully. tj

  24. #13874
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    guys...

    Skidog received a warning -

    he responded with profanity and clearly stated Lack-of-care ( about being banned ), demanding that His sources be discredited ;

    I have tried to review today's posts with detachment - which is difficult for me Because I love this community ( tgr's forums ) ;

    the conclusion I have come to - and it can be disclaimed as My opinion -
    . . . the conclusion I have come to is Skidog and mtu want to be banned
    ( mtu has already stated he would create another profile... )

    to my reading, they seek attention; they will forever pursue the argument(,) for the sake of pursuing the argument
    ( on some level, I believe it is anti-social behavior ( and I am sure there is a more specific term, but I am not a student of Psychology )


    I have said it before -

    please,
    Please ! do not respond to those who have demonstrated they only seek the attention of the argument !

    ( ultimately, it will be Much more effective than having moderators or administrators take action )


    Skidog., I am sorry - Because I believe you believe you are well-intended. and up-to- a -point, I see that ( and I have been there myself. )
    But there is also something very unhealthy going on, as most clearly demonstrated in your almost single-handed destruction of the '9-11. twentieth anniversary' thread ;

    mtu. a pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands of people(,) is Not about the individual nor your personal Choice, nor your 'personal freedom' -
    as a member of the species and as, ,,, a part of society, we should all be working against the virus ( several in this thread clearly are In Real Life. )
    I will hope for you that something or someone in your Life shows you that it is not all about you ( - but
    I will also fear that this is something you will never understand. I am sorry for you for that. )


    to the substance of the intention of the thread, I will offer a couple of Simple thoughts -

    - All immunity is 'natural immunity' whether it is initiated by Vaccination or infection ;
    ( the Risk of infection is unacceptable ( and not-imaginable ) to me ) ;

    - ( I mentioned it above - ) the pandemic is Not about the individual - it is about our responsibility to those around us - and the best tool we have to combat the virus is Vaccination.
    sadly, some will not see this - Ever. you will not ever persuade them, the quote is attributed to Lincoln,

    ' you can persuade some of the people, none of the time... '


    Good luck -
    I think /// Please ! ignore the trolls - please. . .


    respectfully. tj
    if this truly was about ending the pandemic, we would have antibody tests readily available at every CVS/Walgreens/etc and instead of everyone trying to get everyone a vaccine, they’d be more focused on getting people the antibodies needed to fight off the virus.

    I’m sorry you choose to believe the hive mind that the only way out of this is through getting everyone a vaccine when there’s substantial proof that previously infected people have the same response or better than a vaccine.

    the people that need the shots are the ones who have never had Covid and haven’t gotten vaccinated. Those are the people you should focus on rather than everyone who doesn’t want a vaccine. Unfortunately that seems to go over everyone’s head here

  25. #13875
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,045
    "COVID Antibody Tests Can't Measure Your Immunity — Not Yet : Shots - Health News : NPR" https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...covid-immunity

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •