Page 77 of 929 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    There’s a couple means for immunizing for polio. The version administered in the US (salk’s vax?) will allow for an immunized person that is exposed to polio to pass it on through their gut and potentially infect others. That vaxed person will not experience the effects of the disease. The oral form of the polio immunization, which is administered in a lot of the developing world, will prohibit the live virus from passing through the gut of those that are immunized and later exposed to the virus.

I hope I got that all (mostly) correct. I haven’t read up on his for several years and I’m typing on my email home.
    That's how I understand it. My understanding about why the injected polio vaccine is used in the US is that chance of a non vaccinated person getting polio in the US is less than the risk of getting it from the oral vaccine, while the injected vaccine, while it doesn't prevent harmless infection, is safer.

Good article in the New Yorker about the Russian Sputnik V vaccine, which is an adenovirus vector vaccine, like the J and J. Sounds like the design and development were sound on a scientific basis but the testing and reporting of results not. It gets around the problem of people being potentially immune to the adenovirus by using a rare strain to which few people have been exposed. (I wonder if that might depend on where in the world you are, since the vaccine is being sent to a lot of less developed countries.) Unlike J and J it is two doses, the second using a different adenovirus strain as vector, since if they used the same virus for both shots the immune system would destroy it the second time around. Perhaps J and J decided to stay with one dose to avoid the need to make 2 different vaccines for shots 1 and 2.
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ce-to-immunity

Now let's hope that the adenoviruses in these vaccines don't mutate and cause another pandemic. Just kidding. Sort of.

My wife got Moderna #2 yesterday.

Last night she sat up in the middle of the night - proclaimed loudly “the rules have changed!” - and went right back to sleeping.

Today while on the phone and multitasking on her laptop she poured (not spilled) tea onto her keyboard from a teapot.

I was trying to figure out who to report these side effects to - figured here was the best place.

You're not wrong. Sounds like she wasn't, either.

New Hampshire moved me up almost a month, first jab is now March 15th!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Appointment for stab #1 next week confirmed! Super easy to schedule.

I saw a spokesman for an umbrella organization of the national nursing home industry on CNN say that the effectiveness of the vaccines to the first recipients is off the chart fantastic. Like going from 30,000 cases to almost zero. Great news.

^ Yeah, hospitalizations and deaths are falling even in areas where cases are rising in the overall population.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    ^ Yeah, hospitalizations and deaths are falling even in areas where cases are rising in the overall population.
    Man... that's such good news.

Especially for Texans.

Well I finally qualify to get stuck but the soonest appt and nearest location is mid May and 3.5 hours away. WTF

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I got my first Pfizer shot yesterday. Crazy dreams last night. Sore arm today, but otherwise fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    My wife got Moderna #2 yesterday.

Last night she sat up in the middle of the night - proclaimed loudly “the rules have changed!” - and went right back to sleeping.

Today while on the phone and multitasking on her laptop she poured (not spilled) tea onto her keyboard from a teapot.

I was trying to figure out who to report these side effects to - figured here was the best place.
    Bill Gates coming for your Apple products.

Second Pfizer shot this morning and was on the lift by 9:15 for some sunny laps.

And: 5G really boosts my Dolphin Turns.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Sig worthy

Neither of my kids had any reaction to shot 2 and I know plenty of others as well.
    BTW--did your Dad sleep all day before the shot too? I've been known to do that. Especially early pandemic when I was bored.
    You do know it was the Summer of Love, not the Summer of Sex (not that there wasn't plenty of sex but that was a side benefit.)
    Haha, yeah, he's been known to nap, but he napped a lot more than usual, I'm told.
    As far as love vs sex, yeah I know. I'm still wookin por nub in all da wong pwaces.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Soooo wish I could get the vax. Getting crabby about being so far down the line that I'm not even on the chart.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Soooo wish I could get the vax. Getting crabby about being so far down the line that I'm not even on the chart.
    You should move to Gunnison Colorado, we are at 50% of the population receiving their first shot, and now they are rolling out the J&J shots this week it wont be long when we are at the point of no more takers...

You and I are about the same age and I got mine first shot last week.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/healt...ine/index.html

All these idiot mouthbreathers are going to turn down the lifesaving J & J vaccine. They are bitching about it the same way here in this shithole state. I see this being my meal ticket to a shot. Go ahead wait for your luxury liner to come in. Meanwhile I'll be happy over here bobbing on the lifeboat with my favorite six pack and a bunch of other sane people instead of drowning in a pool of misplaced righteousness.

If the MRNA shots truly prove themselves superior I'll grab one of those later, or just get their boosters when they arrive.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    You should move to Gunnison Colorado, we are at 50% of the population receiving their first shot, and now they are rolling out the J&J shots this week it wont be long when we are at the point of no more takers...

You and I are about the same age and I got mine first shot last week.
    If you tell one more person to move there and drive up real estate anymore, I'm gonna drive over there and...just kidding.

Wife and I both got our first doses of Moderna Tuesday (healthcare workers), the way Colorado is doing it now with going through local pharmacies was a piece of cake for me!

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    If you tell one more person to move there and drive up real estate anymore, I'm gonna drive over there and...just kidding.

Wife and I both got our first doses of Moderna Tuesday (healthcare workers), the way Colorado is doing it now with going through local pharmacies was a piece of cake for me!
    Ha! Good point, on the other hand since there is absolutely no available real estate here I think we are safe. I have been very impressed with how Colorado (at least our little corner of the state) has rolled out the vaccine.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Ha! Good point, on the other hand since there is absolutely no available real estate here I think we are safe. I have been very impressed with how Colorado (at least our little corner of the state) has rolled out the vaccine.
    yeah, the qualifier (your little corner) is key.

Polis has changed the "phases" so many times I can't keep them straight. And my county is nowhere close to 50%.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I feel you. I take heart in things like my parents video conferencing their second shot to me yesterday on my way out of work. They are stoked. My wife's parents also got their 2nd yesterday. I'm pretty healthy and 49 and hella good at wearing a double mask so I think a lot of other people do need to go first.

Wife and I both went on the chart as of today but that is pretty meaningless unless you're one of the chosen. Hunger games trying to actually get one. I think my only hope for the near term is through my employer, but they still know nothing, and they have no pull. A friend who works down the road in a manufacturing plant for an important company got scheduled for JJ early next week.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by uglymoney; 03-05-2021 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Single Track View Post
    Bill Gates coming for your Apple products.
    Oh shit - it was a macbook...(was in the past tense)

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    yeah, the qualifier (your little corner) is key.

Polis has changed the "phases" so many times I can't keep them straight. And my county is nowhere close to 50%.
    I'm not even sure if I technically met the requirements for CO as they changed so many times. But I travel out of state to a higher infection area and in Utah, all my coworkers who live there full time were eligible.

I hear ya. Just saw Inslee said people over 50 will be eligible next month...then saw the fine print that it's over 50 with two comorbidities.

How is it so widely different from place to place, state to state, or county to county? Are places not getting proportional amounts of vaccine? I mean, if Gunnison County is 50% vaccinated (at least 1 dose) and we're at something like 20-25%, what accounts for the difference?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy