Page 341 of 929 FirstFirst ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 23206
    Are you guys still arguing with that numbnut? You should stop that.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Funny you mentioned that. My sinuses suck and I really like the deep nasal swab because it starts to clean out stuff I can't.

I recommend a large bottle brush: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ref_=pd_gw_unk

Oregon Health and Sciences University is now predicting that Oregon will be short 400-500 hospital beds by Labor Day largely because of unvaccinated COVID-19 patients.

I hope no one in my family needs hospital care for the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Oregon Health and Sciences University is now predicting that Oregon will be short 400-500 hospital beds by Labor Day largely because of unvaccinated COVID-19 patients.

I hope no one in my family needs hospital care for the next few months.
    Eh. It's the price we pay for freedumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Yeah, I suspect a lot of folks are being trucked into Austin from out of the area and filling up ICU beds.
    This. That's the problem with all the outlying red areas sending all their unvaccinated sickos to the Metro areas to clean up for them. Meanwhile, hospitals all over are short staffed, yoy turnover rate is 30% at a minimum, nurses and techs leaving in droves, doctors retiring early, etc. The fallout from all this will be huge and will affect many people in many ways going forward. Selfish assholes like brain fried could care less about this it seems and never appears to be on their radar.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    I think the "take away freedoms" antivaxx angle stems in part from how the pandemic conspiracies began. At first, since it was "just the flu" it became libs are exaggerating matters to hurt Trump. That morphed into libs like lockdowns and want lockdowns to persist, even though lockdowns are long since past. It's the same with masks. Masks don't work so it must be a conspiracy to take away freedoms. To them vaccines are just more of the same.

What the politically motivated "freedom" adjacent antivaxxers are missing is how fed up and angry vaccinated people are with all of it. Most don't want to go back to taking precautions. And they especially don't want to do it on antivaxxers behalf.

What folks like MontuckyFried and mtuhockey should at least take into account, whether intentional or not, is vaccinated folks see antivaxxers deliberately prolonging the pandemic for the sake of partisan politics.
    Spot on.

Response from a doc on another board I frequent in response to: Its just the flu.

I cover 3 smaller community-rural hospitals and one bigger anchor hospital in the states largest city.

If anyone tells you cv19 (and variants, etc etc ) is just like the regular flu and really isnt that bad...they are wrong. Period. Not kinda wrong, not debatable...but wrong.

I agree 1000% that this country's response to this Chinese Virus has been a sh$tshow and I do NOT agree with most of it- esp cloth masks and shutdowns of basic daily living activities, etc. I fully appreciate that this issue has been weaponized politically... with goal of further subjugating us. It's being used. Absolutely. And I hate them for that.

But thats not what I'm speaking of here. People tend to conflate politicians bad intentions and deeds with the cv19 disease itself...and we/they should not. Just bc politicians are using it as a weapon doesnt mean that its not a real disease or is just like the flu and is all overblown.

BS.

In the last couple of months and still accelerating now in my AO...are bad cases of cv19 entering my system...younger population than the previous elderly nursing home type of patients we saw last year. I'm reading CT after CT of 25-65 yr olds with severe pulmonary disease...it all looks the same and exactly like cv19. These are hospitalized patients or at least ones coming to the ER...and sick enough to get imaged. At minimum. Just read a CT chest on a 25 yr fat female , cv19 + with severe disease.

I've been doing this exact same job in this location for 17 + years...and I've never seen anything like the quantity and severity of lung disease in patients of this age ( 25-65).

So the next time you hear someone mouth off about cv19 is nothing serious and its just an average flu...

they are wrong. bad wrong. they dont know wtf they are talking about.

and for the record I fully believe in ones right to get vax or not.
    And Im not trying to sell you anything.

Just reporting what I firsthand am experiencing and seeing daily in my mid size hospital system. It aint "just the flu, whats the big deal?"
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    It’s just enforcing the, if you can’t get people to do what you want; take away freedoms and alienate them from society because your viewpoints are different.

Again, get the vaccine, save yourself from an extremely deadly disease that disproportionately effects obese, immune-compromised people so that we can “get back to normal”.
    The 23 Covid patients at my hospital aren’t obese or Immuno-compromised. They are mostly male with an average age around 45. You don’t know what you’re talking about. Get it? You have opinions but you don’t know what you’re talking about and can’t comprehend the problem. That’s why we have science and healthcare professionals, to give people like yourself guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm surprised red state governors are not deregulating smoking indoors, and banning speed limits, traffic signs and traffic signals on state highways. What a bunch of big state government overreach. My freedoms are being infringed upon.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I've kinda been waiting for punitive testing schedules to be brought up. No vaccine, then you get a nasal swab once a week for 3 weeks, then ramp up to 2x a week, 3x, etc.
    This is how my friend's employer handled it with their holdouts. After the initial complaints and hollow threats to quit, everyone rolled up their sleeves.

Just like poker, you can only bluff for so long

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    and for the record I fully believe in ones right to get vax or not.
    And Im not trying to sell you anything.

Just reporting what I firsthand am experiencing and seeing daily in my mid size hospital system. It aint "just the flu, whats the big deal?"
    Notice how he agrees that the disease is severe, and that he's seeing his hospitals fill up with patients, but he doesn't say a damn thing about the best possible way to reduce it: namely getting vaccinated, other than that it should be a personal decision.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The 23 Covid patients at my hospital aren’t obese or Immuno-compromised. They are mostly male with an average age around 45. You don’t know what you’re talking about. Get it? You have opinions but you don’t know what you’re talking about and can’t comprehend the problem. That’s why we have science and healthcare professionals, to give people like yourself guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    But I bet he did his research!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	243cba62615d787c0661ae58fa3f6c7a.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	382054
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    But I bet he did his research!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	243cba62615d787c0661ae58fa3f6c7a.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	382054
    This does lose a few points for using the word "jived" when they meant "jibed."

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    More and more, I'm glad I got Moderna, not that I had a choice.

Also, of the several people I know fighting continued long haul symptoms from Covid, none are old, obese, or unhealthy. Quite the opposite.

Here, another expert weighs in:

Name:  IMG_2536.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  106.5 KB
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Has mtuMontuckyJohnson19 consulted with their physician to see what guidance is regarding the vaccine? If so, what did they advise?

Conflating "points of view" with "science based data".

Most erroneous.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post

Also, of the several people I know fighting continued long haul symptoms from Covid, none are old, obese, or unhealthy. Quite the opposite.
    Interesting, I thought earlier the thought was the order of efficiency was Pfizer, Moderna, then J&J.

And yeah I remember your interview with that guy on your podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Interesting, I thought earlier the thought was the order of efficiency was Pfizer, Moderna, then J&J.

And yeah I remember your interview with that guy on your podcast.
    He's not the only one, either. Got a friend who won the CB Classic (100 mile bike race) who still can't taste or smell anything, a lawyer friend that I occasionally work with that is still suffering brain fog, another guy who still can't do much more than 10 miles on a mountain bike ride due to headaches. All super fit mountain athletes. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post

How’s that one guy you mentioned? Sounded like he was traveling around, looking for help?

Percentages of percentages always strikes me as a little strange. As in the net difference between efficacy between two vaccines based on a limited sample...i.e., Pfizer is 60% less effective than Moderna. Not wrong, but sort of weird to look at it that way IMV.

It really is the perfect article for the antivaxx movement....lots of bits to pull to say "see! this is why you shouldn't get vaccinated! it doesn't work!" I know that's not their intent but that's what it will be used for predominantly.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    How’s that one guy you mentioned? Sounded like he was traveling around, looking for help?
    Doing better, can do short rides again, but nothing like before. I don't think all the smoke this summer is helping though.

BuT iF eVeRyOnE gOt VaCcInAtEd It WoUlD aLl bE oVeR!

The most vaccine-hesitant group of all? PhDs
    https://unherd.com/thepost/the-most-...p-of-all-phds/

"But more surprising is the breakdown in vaccine hesitancy by level of education. It finds that the association between hesitancy and education level follows a U-shaped curve with the highest hesitancy among those least and most educated. People with a master’s degree had the least hesitancy, and the highest hesitancy was among those holding a Ph.D."