Page 711 of 808 FirstFirst ... 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 ... LastLast
Results 17,751 to 17,775 of 20190
    They are on the tough sell right now. Selling unvaxed that it works and is the best thing since sliced bread. While also selling vaxed people that it's great but you need more shots or you will never be safe.
    Now telling everyone that they will need need more updated boosters to fight the New variant. Can we just add a subscription model to these things yet, that way I'll always have the newest software with the best security.
    Do I get my passport with the old shots or the new ones? That old one is obsolete so I guess I need 2 or 3 of the new one if I am to get my travel pass.
    I guess I'll just keep buying their stock as long as this madness continues.

Flame on people...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    They are on the tough sell right now. Selling unvaxed that it works and is the best thing since sliced bread. While also selling vaxed people that it's great but you need more shots or you will never be safe.
    Now telling everyone that they will need need more updated boosters to fight the New variant.
    The reason pharma companies make a lot of money is because the drugs they produce actually work. Really that's the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    Now telling everyone that they will need need more updated boosters to fight the New variant. Can we just add a subscription model to these things yet, that way I'll always have the newest software with the best security.
    Do I get my passport with the old shots or the new ones? That old one is obsolete so I guess I need 2 or 3 of the new one if I am to get my travel pass.
    I guess I'll just keep buying their stock as long as this madness continues.

Flame on people...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    What would you propose as an alternative solution

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The reason pharma companies make a lot of money is because the drugs they produce actually work. Really that's the bottom line.
    Not entirely true, given the leverage of public funded research and ridiculous price fixing.

But yeah, those issues are irrelevant with regard to the benefits of the covid vaxes.

Nothing's perfect. I'm amazed by people who think everything in life should be.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Not entirely true, given the leverage of public funded research and ridiculous price fixing.
    Sure, the point being they've pretty much got us over a barrel because they do produce effective products.

A region near me recently decided to offer J+J as an alternative option. All the responses from the unvaxxed were “oh the ones who put cancer in the baby powder? No thanks!”

Some people will find any excuse and at the same time paint themselves as a critical thinker doing their own research.

Third day after Pfizer booster for me (received it Wednesday afternoon). My body is still not regulating its temperature well. Yesterday was rough but not as intense as moderna. I was in the clear at this point for moderna. My wife got her Pfizer booster yesterday. Last night was rough for her, but she’s all good now.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Fuck Oroville. CA should expel it from the state. Let 'em fix their own damn dam, or drown when it starts to fail again. They were happy to be part of CA and the USA when FEMA and the state were picking up the $1B repair bill the last time.
    I’m certain that oroville is still receiving fema money: dam (owned by the state), floods, and wildfire

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    Blind faith in what

True but they only invest in research towards expensive temporary remedies... No recurring revenue in permanent cures...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    The shit going on in Germany/Switzerland, Australia, etc. is absolutely crazy. Never thought I would see this level of totalitarianism.
    your post count is weird.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Same thing with a good friend of mine who is otherwise young/healthy but has major thyroid issues. Her doc told her not to get the vaccine.
    My neighboor had a Delta breakthrough case a month ago- she said it was the worst ~10 days she's ever felt and wouldn't wish it on anyone. Her 5 yro brought it home from preschool but she remained asymptomatic, and her vaxxed husband was tested every 48hr for 14 days over her infection and remained negative.

Turns out she was treated for thyroid cancer in Feb this year prior to getting the vax so she was immunocompromised.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

The shit going on in Germany/Switzerland, Australia, etc. is absolutely crazy. Never thought I would see this level of totalitarianism.

Don't be fooled, every government has the ability to take total control if needed.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    Get informed.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/timeline/all

Comedian Torches Anti-Vaxxer In The Audience With An Absolutely Killer Line

British comedian Jimmy Carr jabbed an anti-vax member of his audience with a killer punchline about the coronavirus shot.

“Let’s talk about the controversial thing, the vaccine,” Carr said in a preview of his upcoming Netflix special, “His Dark Material,” released this week.

“Who’s not going to take the vaccine because they think it might be dangerous?” he asked. “Raise your hands.”

Then, in response to someone in the audience who apparently did raise their hand, Carr delivered the punchline: “Now take that hand, and slap yourself in the fucking face.”

“The spread of COVID was directly linked to how dense the population is,” Carr said later. “And some of the population are really quite fucking dense.”
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Good comedy, accurate, but doesn't change any minds. I'm not sure what does anymore. Political inoculations of antivax fear are quite potent induce a strong sterilizing immunity against infusions of facts and reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I understand that people don't like to be told what to do, but how about take one for the team since it's the right thing to do for humanity? Is that so difficult?

How was it the worst ten days of her life if she was asymptomatic?
    The 5yro kid is a girl, and the 5yro girl was asymptomatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    The 5yro kid is a girl, and the 5yro girl was asymptomatic.
    Yes, I realized that ten seconds after I posted it

I understand that people don't like to be told what to do, but how about take one for the team since it's the right thing to do for humanity? Is that so difficult?
    People are more likely to do what they are told to do by their tribe or for the good of their tribe, but if their tribe's religion has inoculated them with "don't do that it's bad" then a competing authority coming in and saying "do that it is good" is not going to be super effective. Employer mandates work though.

With many social media streams amplifying the noisy few who scream that every single death that is happening in the nation is a vaccine side effect doesn't help balance the inputs for folks. Seriously... you should see the message boards where they are claiming every celebrity death is from vaccines, that athletes are dying in droves (from vaccines), and they blast the comment section on any article about the health effects of COVID with comments about vaccines destroying everyone's heart. The echo chamber effectuates the "Big Lie" technique mastered by Goebbels and continued by the Soviets.

The social internet will be the acid that burns through society.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Not everyone thinks it is better for humanity.
    Clearly this is correct. The thing is the people who don't are all morons.

Not everyone thinks it is better for humanity
    Just the vast, vast majority of epidemiologists, virologists, immunologists etc

Not everyone thinks the world is round either but that doesn't make it so.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism