Page 320 of 929 FirstFirst ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... LastLast
Results 7,976 to 8,000 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    We have freedom of religion, though. Seems like if I say the sole tenet of my religion is no vaccines, no one can really question it.
    In practice religions are not equally free.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    What are religious exemptions?
    This exemption allows parents to opt their child out of vaccines based on their religious beliefs.

Some states ask for evidence that the family belongs to a religious group that objects to vaccines. Only a few religions object to vaccines, including Christian Scientists and some faith healing groups. But in most states with this provision, you can simply sign a form stating that you have religious reasons to opt out.

Attachment 381558

What Are the Rules on Vaccine Exemptions?
    Didn't realize southern oregon, idaho, and utah were such philosophical strongholds.

Quote Originally Posted by assman View Post
    LMAO it is not RAGING in florida. How many deaths? How many hospitalizations? Sorry honey but people unaflccted with the mental disease known as liberalism follow REAL science.

Even the researcher who developed the basis for the vaccine has CLEARLY stated you can't vaccinate your way out of a pandemic.

The democrats are going to use the same hysteria to make you swallow their load of global warming bullshit too
    Are you not seeing any increase in COVID admissions at the hospital you work at?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

“Our hospitals are open for business” - Desantis

CNN tracked down a super-spreader of Covid-19 misinformation.

I have friends who are followers of Mercola. They are anti-vax because of what he says.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Florida hospitals slammed with COVID-19 patients are suspending elective surgeries and putting beds in conference rooms, an auditorium and a cafeteria. As of midweek, Mississippi had just six open intensive care beds in the entire state.

Georgia medical centers are turning people away. And in Louisiana, an organ transplant had to be postponed along with other procedures.

“We are seeing a surge like we’ve not seen before in terms of the patients coming,” Dr. Marc Napp, chief medical officer for Memorial Healthcare System in Hollywood, Florida, said Wednesday. “It’s the sheer number coming in at the same time. There are only so many beds, so many doctors, only so many nurses.”

Coronavirus hospitalizations are surging again as the more contagious delta variant rages across the country, forcing medical centers to return to a crisis footing just weeks after many closed their COVID-19 wards and field hospitals and dropped other emergency measures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Florida hospitals slammed with COVID-19 patients are suspending elective surgeries and putting beds in conference rooms, an auditorium and a cafeteria. As of midweek, Mississippi had just six open intensive care beds in the entire state.

Georgia medical centers are turning people away. And in Louisiana, an organ transplant had to be postponed along with other procedures.

“We are seeing a surge like we’ve not seen before in terms of the patients coming,” Dr. Marc Napp, chief medical officer for Memorial Healthcare System in Hollywood, Florida, said Wednesday. “It’s the sheer number coming in at the same time. There are only so many beds, so many doctors, only so many nurses.”

Coronavirus hospitalizations are surging again as the more contagious delta variant rages across the country, forcing medical centers to return to a crisis footing just weeks after many closed their COVID-19 wards and field hospitals and dropped other emergency measures.
    Yeah but Asshat says different……..FFS we are doomed.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by assman View Post
    LMAO it is not RAGING in florida. How many deaths? How many hospitalizations? Sorry honey but people unaflccted with the mental disease known as liberalism follow REAL science.

Even the researcher who developed the basis for the vaccine has CLEARLY stated you can't vaccinate your way out of a pandemic.

The democrats are going to use the same hysteria to make you swallow their load of global warming bullshit too
    you swallow the red cock so hard you can't tell a fact from your fake news, fuck off and die moron

a virus doesn't have a political bias, but dumb cunts like you do

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Looks like FL actually has a decent number of ICU beds, so they can handle quite a bit of "action" if you will.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Looks like FL actually has a decent number of ICU beds,
    Of course they do - have you SEEN how many old mf'ers live in Florida??

“Gomers are our business. And business is good.”

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Of course they do - have you SEEN how many old mf'ers live in Florida??
    Yah, that was my first thought too...it's interesting to see the distribution across the US: https://www.kff.org/other/state-indi...:%22desc%22%7D
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    All they need is a Religious Exemption to keep their jobs.
    Fuck religious exemptions. To restate the cliche--my freedom ends where your nose starts. Religious freedom has never been interpreted to allow people to transmit infectious diseases. Religious freedom means the freedom to practice your religion, not impose it on anyone else. My religion doesn't allow me to sell cakes to gay couples. Can my religion prevent me from selling cakes to black people? Jews? Defining religious freedom as the right to do anything your religion says you can do leads to an unsustainable conclusion. And BTW, courts have consistently refused to allow people to withhold medical treatment from their minor children, whether or not there is risk of harm to anyone else. California does it right re vaccinations--at the expense of the state legislator, Dr. Richard Pan, who has pushed the issue. If not getting a Covid vaccination is truly a matter of religious principle you might have to be willing to forego certain activities or have to use alternatives--like N95's.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Please make note of the dif between saying let unvaxxed idiots die and actually having to save unvaxxed idiots who are dying.

You can't be a Schroedingers douchebag without expecting callouts.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...9s%20douchebag
    Where's the umlaut? The "oe" is a poor substitute. The urban dictionary doesn't even bother with that.

well.... there you have it:

Covid-19 vaccines no longer prevent transmission, CDC director says

Covid-19 vaccines no longer prevent transmission, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said Thursday.

“Our vaccines are working exceptionally well,” Walensky told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer. “They continue to work well for Delta, with regard to severe illness and death – they prevent it. But what they can't do anymore is prevent transmission.”

That is why the CDC is recommending even vaccinated people wear masks indoors again, Walensky said.

“If you're going home to somebody who has not been vaccinated, to somebody who can't get vaccinated, somebody who might be immunosuppressed or a little bit frail, somebody who has comorbidities that put them at high risk, I would suggest you wear a mask in public indoor settings.”
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Yah, that was my first thought too...it's interesting to see the distribution across the US: https://www.kff.org/other/state-indi...:%22desc%22%7D
    funny that DC leads the pack

funny that DC leads the pack
    Not really when you think about because it's 100% urbanized. That's where the preponderance of ICU beds are going to be.

The Texas Medical Center campus in Houston just passed more than 300 coronavirus patients admitted in their medical facilities in a single day, according to Mayor Sylvester Turner.

Turner and Harris County Court Judge Lina Hidalgo spoke at a joint news conference on Thursday outlining the situation for the Houston-Harris County metro area.

"Today we find ourselves retracing our steps towards the edge of a cliff. It is very conceivable that we could once again be heading toward a public health catastrophe. Once again our health care system is strained by Covid-19. It’s straining our staff, straining our hospitals, and it is imposing heartbreak and anxiety on so many families in Harris County," said Hidalgo.
    The emergency rooms have become overwhelmed with large amounts of patients being admitted to the hospital, said Hidalgo, adding that this is no longer a disease of the old. The average age of admitted patients is now 20.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    The Texas Medical Center campus in Houston just passed more than 300 coronavirus patients admitted in their medical facilities in a single day, according to Mayor Sylvester Turner.

Turner and Harris County Court Judge Lina Hidalgo spoke at a joint news conference on Thursday outlining the situation for the Houston-Harris County metro area.

"Today we find ourselves retracing our steps towards the edge of a cliff. It is very conceivable that we could once again be heading toward a public health catastrophe. Once again our health care system is strained by Covid-19. It’s straining our staff, straining our hospitals, and it is imposing heartbreak and anxiety on so many families in Harris County," said Hidalgo.
    The emergency rooms have become overwhelmed with large amounts of patients being admitted to the hospital, said Hidalgo, adding that this is no longer a disease of the old. The average age of admitted patients is now 20.
    Well, now... that's not good news.

So, I go to a workout group twice a week. 6-8 dudes, all educated, vaccinated, and ‘woke’ regarding covid. (Terrible term, but fits). One of the younger trainers is a vet, unvaxxed, and I gather not that bright. One dude in the group is a PA /MA, and just absolutely let him have It.
    to paraphrase, he said “It’s guys like you who are the reason that we are in this situation again. If the population against vaccines had IQ’s greater than a doorstop, we could honestly try and end this mess. You should be ashamed of yourself. I put two guys about your age in the ICU this week. Think about that”
    It was most excellent.
    And a little awkward.

I tried breaking the tension with a joke about how I recovered by doing a shot of bleach each night, and that he might try that. There was polite chuckling.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

well.... there you have it:

Covid-19 vaccines no longer prevent transmission, CDC director says

Covid-19 vaccines no longer prevent transmission, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said Thursday.

“Our vaccines are working exceptionally well,” Walensky told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer. “They continue to work well for Delta, with regard to severe illness and death – they prevent it. But what they can't do anymore is prevent transmission.”

That is why the CDC is recommending even vaccinated people wear masks indoors again, Walensky said.

“If you're going home to somebody who has not been vaccinated, to somebody who can't get vaccinated, somebody who might be immunosuppressed or a little bit frail, somebody who has comorbidities that put them at high risk, I would suggest you wear a mask in public indoor settings.”
    IMO, this is, once again, missing the mark. Beyond the easy manipulation of the conspirators that the vax doesn’t work, the cdc director’s message is implying that vaxed peeps can continue to do their thing w/o masks if they are not going home to vulnerable people…. This missing the point that a vaxed and contagious peep could dramatically reduce their spread in indoor settings if they wear a mask, which is the right thing to do.

My friends in FLA say the opposite...
    Oh. So anecdotes counts as acceptable evidence for TGR now? Interesting.

Team straw grasper! Laughable, man.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    So, I go to a workout group twice a week. 6-8 dudes, all educated, vaccinated, and ‘woke’ regarding covid. (Terrible term, but fits). One of the younger trainers is a vet, unvaxxed, and I gather not that bright. One dude in the group is a PA /MA, and just absolutely let him have It.
    to paraphrase, he said “It’s guys like you who are the reason that we are in this situation again. If the population against vaccines had IQ’s greater than a doorstop, we could honestly try and end this mess. You should be ashamed of yourself. I put two guys about your age in the ICU this week. Think about that”
    It was most excellent.
    And a little awkward.

I tried breaking the tension with a joke about how I recovered by doing a shot of bleach each night, and that he might try that. There was polite chuckling.
    I’ll take things that never happened for $500, Alex!

Why would you think that? It just fucking happened, I was there. People are getting fed up, and the health care workers are PISSED. It started when the trainer-dude said he had ‘trust issues’ with the vaccine (and likely anything since Trump), which is pathetic.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Why would you think that? It just fucking happened, I was there. People are getting fed up, and the health care workers are PISSED. It started when the trainer-dude said he had ‘trust issues’ with the vaccine (and likely anything since Trump), which is pathetic.
    Seriously, though - put that fuckstick on Ignore. This thread is *way* less dumb without his drivel.