Page 747 of 929 FirstFirst ... 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 ... LastLast
Results 18,651 to 18,675 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Got my Moderna booster yesterday at lunch. I forgot how much I missed this body ache and general soreness.
    Same...I felt a little strange yesterday. After walking the dogs this morning I felt pretty nauseous.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    So my buddy's dumbass antivax girlfriend posts on FB:
    "if your significant other got the vaccine and didn’t tell you and you found out would you be upset?"

But my favorite part is this response from her fellow antivaxxer:
    "Seems like what it boils down to is yes, because if you’re still being intimate. Then he’s putting that shit inside of your body without your permission.
    That’s grounds for dismissal."

God these fuckers are dumb. They really think they'll get some 5G Bill Gates Zombie juice in them, whether from a blood transfusion like a post upthread or their boyfriend's jizz...
    You need to do your buddy a favor and create a fake sciency sounding news story about how the vaccine can only get absorbed through vaginal sex but wont with anal sex.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

^^ this guy has the answer for that conversation

https://twitter.com/g33kgurli/status...797491203?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Same...I felt a little strange yesterday. After walking the dogs this morning I felt pretty nauseous.
    Yeah, I thought I'd be smart. Get it at noon and power through any side effects till bedtime. Second shot killed me for a day, first was no effects whatsoever.

Woke up well-rested today and feeling good. Getting progressively shittier as the day goes on which isn't helping my end of year give a fuck-o-meter.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Yes but forgetting the alternative hypothesis that you might have another disease besides COVID...
    Yep. Just to add a layer of complexity

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    I am not sure if this is the right thread to vent but despite an abundance of caution and shots, covid has finally come to my door according to the impossibly hard to source rapid test given to me by a neighbor. Unfortunately, my baby who is obviously not vaccinated had a pretty high fever yesterday and last night. My partner is on mat-leave from the largest hospital here, and it is exceeding capacity in the ER and ICU with so many staff out I don't know how they're handling it. We'll keep a close eye on the kiddo, but I don't think there is much we can do except monitor his temperature. We have seen virtually no one at all but I guess Omnicron is out to fuck everyone. Hopefully our cases will continue to be mild. I am so mad and a bit scared when I look at today's stats that show the hospital's ER and ICU past capacity, full of fucking anti-fuckers while the rest of society rolled up their sleeves like modern rosie the riveter heroes. What are we supposed to do if shit really goes sideways? What about the fucking 10yo kid waiting for heart surgery and there's no room? Fuck these kooks. If they don't want to take care of themselves my sympathy is running pretty thin especially with the city shut down again and the curfew returning tonight, not to mention the holiday plans thrown out with the Festivus pole.

Just let this fever continue to go down and better luck next year I guess.
    Hey, sorry to hear man, fingers crossed for the bambino.

Wife's colleague (breast cancer survivor) got berated by her idiot son last month when he found out she got vaccinated.. Today idiot son thinks he has COVID and is trying to fine some place to get tested..

@ml242 holy shit. I am so sorry this is happening to you and your family. Sending prayer vibes your way. Odds are you will all be fine, but definitely need to be vigilant. Hopefully baby tylenol and pedialite will be all that is needed to get the kid though this..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Got boostered yesterday afternoon.

Went to bed with a sore arm. Slept fine, woke up feeling normal except for the arm. Made breakfast and when I sat down to eat I was suddenly pretty nauseous. Passed quickly though and eating wasn't a problem. Feel slightly 'off' but this is waaay better than the first two doses.

Dose one was really rough for ~36 hours and took a couple days more to feel normal. Shot two was rough but manageable for about 24 hours.

Well the test was negative so she just has a very bad case of flu. Its interesting as I was kinda hoping for the Rona. Now a couple of months ago would have been better timing or later 2 weeks after booster. Still going isolate a bit as there is no benifit from getting the pissing out of ass flu. Posting from barn.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Sorry to read that ml.

Healing vibes to your family ml242

Unsolicited advice: consider sitting down with your wife and figuring out a plan for you both to stay healthy - your baby needs healthy parents.

Sleeping, feeding yourselves, exercise, getting outdoors even if for a walk around the house. I’ve seen parents fall apart when they both switch into being “on” for their sick baby 24 hours a day. That’s not good for you - which in turn is not good for the little one.

As I said positive healing vibes sent your way

First letter to the editor, and to the community commissioners

Thank you, County Commissioners, for your time.

My name is Supergaper

I would like to start by taking a moment to thank Jodie Pond, Dr. Travis Riddell, Dr. Paul Beaupre and the entire staff of St. Johns Health. As well as all the healthcare workers throughout the valley. Your stolid service throughout the last 20 plus months has been both awe inspiring and comforting.

I would also like to take a brief moment to talk about how Covid 19 has impacted me, and how I have attempted to pursue informed decisions, and how they have played out to date.

Dr. Riddell’s directives have provided a framework for assessing safe practices both at home and at my company-use of masks, testing, contact tracing.

From almost the very beginning of the pandemic and continuing through today, Dr. Riddell has provided the latest in thinking about containing the virus, with knowledge gained through peer reviewed studies and long standing practices in disease management, vaccine application and personal hygiene practices.

On a personal level, my Primary Care Provider patiently explained the benefits and efficacy of the vaccine, from the level of protection from contracting the virus to the level of protection from serious disease, mention of the possibility of side effects was covered.

If that wasn’t comfort enough, a close friend is also an emergency medicine physician, with an additional degree in public health, I was lucky enough to have well informed answers about transmissibility, incubation, quarantine procedures and when and how often to test for the virus just a text message away!

This combination of informed expertise allowed my company to operate at full capacity from May 1, 2020, to today with one infection, not transmitted to any other workers, occurring prior to the release of the vaccines.

I would also like to thank my employees for being willing to vaccinate as soon as possible, and to have the strength and confidence to leave situations where mitigation protocols were not being followed, as well as the humility and public mindedness to wear a mask for the safety of all.

Now I wrestle with a greater dilemma than any I have faced in my time living here in Jackson.

An old friend (and county commissioner) does not ascribe to anything I was touched by in the passages above- in fact he has never, I feel, believed in any of the “mainstream” science regarding Corona virus. Never one moment or condition at all for masking- and no faith whatsoever in vaccination.

Though a fantastic friend, skier, movie producer, and businessman, Commissioner Epstein is not, to the best of my knowledge, a doctor, biostatistician, virologist, or epidemiologist. With his votes against the appointment of Dr. Riddell and accepting state grant money for vaccines I can only think now that he is a clear and present danger to health and well-being of Teton County.

Commissioner Greg Epstein should be recalled immediately.

Best,

Supergaper

Check out Gloria Esguerra Courser's facebook page if you want a taste of the maximum level anti mask and anti vax Commissioner Epstein, former executive producer at TGR, ascribes to. We were guests at each other's weddings, but he has gone full crazy.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Anyone that didnt barely pass first year science classes care to comment on the new vaccine from the US Army?

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/a...ariants-report

1/2 the moderna booster only gave me a sore arm but YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post
    Why didn't she call or text? My wife expects a call or text as soon as im heading home and have signal after I've been touring, backpacking, climbing, paddling, mtn biking, etc
    Getting out of rogers pass I mentioned to Bro I should text the significant other to say we are safe

he said " dude statistically we are way more likely to get killed on the drive home than in rogers pass "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

he said " dude statistically we are way more likely to get killed on the drive home than in rogers pass "
    But if something bad happens and you're not dead you're way more likely to be found and saved on the highway than you are out on a trail somewhere. I'd be more worried about folks still on the hike than driving home afterwards for that reason alone.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

ml242, best of luck for your family and the baby. I hope recovery is smooth.

Supergaper, rough. It sounds like you've lost a friend and your community is suffering as a result of your friend's decisions.

My corner of the world (Nevada County), our upstanding County Public Health Officer is tossing in the towel at the end of this month. He's faced a lot of threats, opposition, and defiance to his orders and mandates, which sucks. And petitions have been filed to conduct a recall election for all 5 county supervisors, mostly due to their support of the Covid mandates and orders from public health officer. The craziness and madness continues.

So fucking pissed. Can’t find a way to get tested either in a clinic or an at-home test in either NYC or CT or MA before seeing my mom tomorrow in MA. Everything is either booked sold out or thousands of people are showing up at clinics in NYC at 5:30am and being turned away. The government (both the red and blue ties) have been inept during this pandemic. What a shitshow.

I still want a barn.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    So fucking pissed. Can’t find a way to get tested either in a clinic or an at-home test in either NYC or CT or MA before seeing my mom tomorrow in MA. Everything is either booked sold out or thousands of people are showing up at clinics in NYC at 5:30am and being turned away. The government (both the red and blue ties) have been inept during this pandemic. What a shitshow.
    To be fair to the govts, desire for testing has increased DRAMATICALLY in the last week or two. I was in NYC over Thanksgiving and was looking for testing, and there were tons of options. I don't know that it is fair to indict them all for the hudge increase in testing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

ml242, venting here seems totally appropriate. A close family member had almost a year of surgery delays due to the overwhelmed hospital situation. Fortunately it all worked out. Thinking of your 10 yr old right now.

I don’t have any wisdom on how to effectively counter the selfish idiocy gripping our nation.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I hear you, but on the other hand holiday travel coupled with the Omicron surge have really created a huge spike in demand for testing. NYC has got to be about the worst place to be right now if you need a test.

To be fair, the gov has been misstepping the need for expanding testing since 2020. YLE pointed out that the modeling of # of confirmed cases for late January will not be realized because of supply chain problems and the inability for enough tests to be available at that time.

UVM requiring booster to start spring semester…

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Anyone that didnt barely pass first year science classes care to comment on the new vaccine from the US Army?

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/a...ariants-report
    I have zero insight but thought this post from reddit on the topic was shareworthy:

"Surprise:It’s made of tobasco sauce and Mountain Dew."

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    To be fair to the govts, desire for testing has increased DRAMATICALLY in the last week or two. I was in NYC over Thanksgiving and was looking for testing, and there were tons of options. I don't know that it is fair to indict them all for the hudge increase in testing.
    I just feel like they should have been stockpiling tests in the event of a surge, which was predicted.