Page 583 of 929 FirstFirst ... 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,575 of 23206
    YouTube is banning all anti-vaccine content on its platform, including misinformation about approved vaccines for common illnesses in addition to COVID-19, the company said Wednesday.

YouTube previously had banned false information surrounding the coronavirus vaccines in October 2020. The company said it will still allow discussion around vaccine policies, new vaccine trials, and personal accounts of receiving the vaccine.
    Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    We're doing the same thing in the US. You pop in for a scrapped knee and test positive, you're getting a bed.

Easiest ways for hospitals to stay in the black when not doing elective surgeries...At least according to the Atlantic.
    This is utter bullshit. We send people home that come through the ER and test positive for Covid all day long. No one with a scraped knee testing positive for Covid is getting a room unless they’re in respiratory distress and even then they might go home with oxygen. There are no rooms for this. How can you just make shit up?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    no just find it amusing that Multi makes a 100% incorrect false statement about an article. It was clear...he was wrong in his interpretation.

But yeah thats not "misinformation" hahahahahahaha...
    Once again, you are lying. It's something you do a lot of. Unless you can show proof of a "100% incorrect false statement about an article," this is another example of your persistent dishonesty.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Once again, you are lying. It's something you do a lot of. Post up proof your so called "100% incorrect false statement about an article."
    I still don't understand what he thinks you're lying about.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    no just find it amusing that Multi makes a 100% incorrect false statement about an article. It was clear...he was wrong in his interpretation.

But yeah thats not "misinformation" hahahahahahaha...

He also still refuses to admit it, which is quite telling. Any faith you all have in his medical abilities or qualifications should really step back a minute. He can't even read a fact check article correctly. I was even agreeing with the schmuck.
    Are you confusing multiverse and me again? You really need that Ritalin Raymond.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Are you confusing multiverse and me again?
    I only followed close enough to point and laugh, but it sure looked that way. Smelled like a mini-"shingles vax" moment there.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I still don't understand what he thinks you're lying about.
    Everybody makes mistakes. With Skidog however it's becoming almost a daily thing. He misrepresented his own CDC source ⁠— for days ⁠— he posted a healthline.com article that mischaracterized two much discussed studies and then freaked out when nobody took it seriously ⁠— for days ⁠— and on and on. It's always something followed a few days later by an apology or peacemaking only to start the routine all over again the next day.

I don't know if it's trolling or lack of self awareness but for a lot of people the pandemic has been a disturbing psychometric test that's not going well for them.

Everybody makes mistakes. With Skidog however it's becoming almost a daily thing. He misrepresented his own CDC source for days, he posted a healthline.com article that mischaracterized two much discussed studies and then freaked out when nobody took it seriously for days, and on and on. it's always something followed a few days later by an apology or peacemaking only to start the routine all over again the next day.
    That's the difference between science and denial.. The former owns mistakes, the latter just outright lies without walking anything back ever..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Everybody makes mistakes. With Skidog however it's becoming almost a daily thing. He misrepresented his own CDC source for days, he posted a healthline.com article that mischaracterized two much discussed studies and then freaked out when nobody took it seriously for days, and on and on. it's always something followed a few days later by an apology or peacemaking only to start the routine all over again the next day.
    Seems like he's only concerned about scoring points with himself. Then again the rest of us are Borg.

Everybody makes mistakes. With Skidog however it's becoming almost a daily thing. He misrepresented his own CDC source ⁠— for days ⁠— he posted a healthline.com article that mischaracterized two much discussed studies and then freaked out when nobody took it seriously ⁠— for days ⁠— and on and on. It's always something followed a few days later by an apology or peacemaking only to start the routine all over again the next day.

I don't know if it's trolling or lack of self awareness but for a lot of people the pandemic has been a disturbing psychometric test that's not going well for them.
    With Skid OG it isn’t the pandemic, he’s been acting this way for over 13 years.

This seems like a contrarian personality trait, like when i misread that chart RJ pointed it out for weeks as if insulting my credibility established his. Or how Steep would drum on some conspiracy thing and then when it didn't happen issue a mea culpa and then immediately pivot to the next thing because The Durham Report was going to establish Obama's birthplace once and for all or whatever.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Everything you need to know about Skid OG is in the Alta 2/27/08 thread.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Can’t just not link it, tho…

Alta 2/27/08
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=114683

Catching up. Overnight Summer and Nordekette had one of the most reasonable exchanges in this thread. Good to see.

I feel if there was an Australian, Austrian and American having a conversation. The Australian and Austrian would be civil and agree on most things; the American would just constantly confuse Austria with Australia and vis versa.

If anyone's interested, here's a great resource which tracks the vaccination rates and effectiveness on Ontario, updated daily with raw data from the government database.

https://russell-pollari.github.io/on...9/vaccinations

In short, they're working marvelously - both in reducing cases and of course, hospitalization and death. Don't expect some to look, as it will go against their "we must question the effectiveness of vaccines forever" narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    This is utter bullshit. We send people home that come through the ER and test positive for Covid all day long. No one with a scraped knee testing positive for Covid is getting a room unless they’re in respiratory distress and even then they might go home with oxygen. There are no rooms for this. How can you just make shit up?

I read what Deeb posted and was thinking "damn, that's crazy are they really doing that?" so I asked a few of my Dr. friends in Oregon (Kaiser and OHSU) and they echoed similar comments as you. People with mild symptoms or are asymptomatic are not staying at the hospital merely because they tested positive for COVID-19. As you say, they would need to be in respiratory distress.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Not sure if this is the best place, but whatever ...

The Bill For His COVID Test In Texas Was A Whopping $54,000
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...t-high-bill-er
    "People are going to charge what they think they can get away with, ... "

Also .... SINGLE PAYER!

Can we not feel badly for hospitals who moan about the cost of paying healthcare workers?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    I feel if there was an Australian, Austrian and American having a conversation. The Australian and Austrian would be civil and agree on most things; the American would just constantly confuse Austria with Australia and vis versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I read what Deeb posted and was thinking "damn, that's crazy are they really doing that?" so I asked a few of my Dr. friends in Oregon (Kaiser and OHSU) and they echoed similar comments as you. People with mild symptoms or are asymptomatic are not staying at the hospital merely because they tested positive for COVID-19. As you say, they would need to be in respiratory distress.
    Of course it's bullshit. Hospitals are generally trying to get people out of there as quickly as possible. Deebased trolling as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    We're doing the same thing in the US. You pop in for a scrapped knee and test positive, you're getting a bed.

Easiest ways for hospitals to stay in the black when not doing elective surgeries...At least according to the Atlantic.
    Please provide a citation to the article that you claim this information originates from.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

From ‘I have no beds’: Hospitalizations spike in rural Washington amid fifth COVID-19 wave
    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...covid-19-wave/
    On another floor, Margaret Zerbel, 77, looks to have made it past the worst of the virus. Her husband of 41 years did not survive his bout with COVID — family members held his funeral while Zerbel was still hospitalized.

This is from a hospital in Wenatchee, so it should resonate with MU.

The couple roamed the country in an RV for more than 25 years as part of their retirement, Zerbel says. For years they returned to Republic, Ferry County, for their summers after discovering it while attending an RV rally.

“It’s miles from anywhere, there’s no fast food, there’s no car dealers, it’s slow, it’s quiet, it’s small,” she says. “I love small towns. I hate big cities.”

Ferry County — where Zerbel was first hospitalized — is also one of the least-vaccinated places in Washington. There, only 45% of people 12 and up have gotten at least one shot.

Zerbel says she and her husband were “kind of iffy” on getting vaccinated. But they had planned to get their shots once the U.S. Food and Drug Administration gave full approval to the Pfizer vaccine.

That approval came Aug. 23, just weeks before the couple fell ill, says Zerbel, adding “we didn’t get there in time.”

“I don’t know if we maybe should have gotten vaccinated sooner — well I know we should have, because we were going to,” she says. “But then I don’t know, this may be God’s plan for us, and whatever. I can’t look at God’s timeline.”
    Amazing. Her husband could still be alive if they'd gotten vaccinated, but she's still talking about "God's plan." I suppose it's a coping mechanism, but think about how many preventable deaths like this are happening every day in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Please provide a citation to the article that you claim this information originates from.
    Didn't Flaky Manooj's brother's sister's friend's kid fall and scrape a knee then get put in the ICU for COVID-caused swollen lymph nodes or something?? What further proof do you require??

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Just bring pnwbrit along to translate.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    From ‘I have no beds’: Hospitalizations spike in rural Washington amid fifth COVID-19 wave
    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...covid-19-wave/

Amazing. Her husband could still be alive if they'd gotten vaccinated, but she's still talking about "God's plan." I suppose it's a coping mechanism, but think about how many preventable deaths like this are happening every day in this country.
    Yeah, that’s where I work. Know the people in the pictures. Our morgue filled up last week. We got a refrigerated semi trailer now. Put six more bodies in it from last weekend. I’m fairly lucky, I’m isolated from the worst of it in the OR.

Did we ever actually acknowledge this study or did we decide to ignore it?

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...evels-of-virus

even the article bolded it...

"The scientists showed that people who had had two doses of the vaccination had at least as much protection against the virus as people who had antibodies after having COVID-19. People who had developed antibodies after having the disease and received both vaccinations had even better protection."