Page 788 of 873 FirstFirst ... 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 ... LastLast
Results 19,676 to 19,700 of 21820
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Yeah, but the business world and state OSHA offices are in limbo since the mandate is technically in effect but everybody expects it to be shut down, at least the private business bit. Expectation was to hear something last Friday or over the weekend. And then when that didnít happen the expectation shifted to this week.

Months would = chaos.
    Let the chaos continue then. No decision today. SCOTUS averages about 6 weeks to publish decisions. Perhaps they're dragging their feet until the concrete fence around the White House to be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Vibes to you TM…….I’m at Day 8+ since testing positive, and all my symptoms are pretty much gone….Except for one that started about 3 days ago: I’m constantly cold. Like wearing a jacket and beanie inside while I type this cold. It’s very strange…..Hang in there everyone!
    I have a co-worker who tested positive a few months back. He had pretty severe symptoms and a 103f fever. He ended up getting the Regeneron treatment but he still has a mild cough that just won't go away.

I can still smell and taste. Heck, I have been rehabing an injured knee and was working out in my garage yesterday. Just want the sinus congestion to clear out. Been doing the netty pot thing every morning and evening.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    CVS had some available on line as of yesterday--a newly FDA approved test
    When I went looking at CVS they said come back midday Wednesday (yesterday). I did, and the check out clerk was selling them out of a box at the register.
    When I went in to Rite Aid they said come back Monday--so Truckee folks might try that. And maybe asking the pharmacy when they expect their next shipment will work other places.
    Of course Truckee is an corner part of the universe. YMMV

I feel sorry for the folks in pharmacies--the phones must be ringing off the hook with people asking about rapid tests.
    It was like that a month ago at CVS here. People were camped out in the parking lot in their cars waiting for the UPS truck to arrive on the day of the week they restock them.. UPS arrives, folks pile out of cars and rush the door standing at the counter waiting for the shipment to be checked in and put out there at the front register to sell/buy them..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by juanrogera View Post
    Let the chaos continue then. No decision today. SCOTUS averages about 6 weeks to publish decisions. Perhaps they're dragging their feet until the concrete fence around the White House to be completed.
    Interesting, and Iím not saying youíre wrong, but do you have any source outside of what normally transpires? Been following this pretty closely and all supposition points to some kind of opinion being communicated imminently, but supposition is just that.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Interesting, and I’m not saying you’re wrong, but do you have any source outside of what normally transpires? Been following this pretty closely and all supposition points to some kind of opinion being communicated imminently, but supposition is just that.
    A bit of supposition on my end too, I realize. "The Court may announce opinions on the homepage beginning at 10 a.m. If more than one opinion will be issued, they will post in approximately ten minute intervals. The Court will not take the Bench." https://www.supremecourt.gov/. Babcock v. Kijakazi was announced at 10AM local time at https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/slipopinion/21. Sufficient time has passed that one could likely assume no further announcements today. https://www.scotusblog.com/ seems to echo that sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    I just ad hominem 50% of my posts
    Proof? Do you know what ad hominem means?

while providing nothing.
    This is accurate.

Don't forget to run back with some more Rogan quotes, that's what we were really missing!
    I'm gonna start catching his podcast, anyone who triggers the radical left (or right) so much might be worth listening to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    Proof? Do you know what ad hominem means?

This is accurate.

I'm gonna start catching his podcast, anyone who triggers the radical left (or right) so much might be worth listening to.
    Quickly, go delete your comments of calling everyone sheeple groupthinkers or whatever so it can't be proved!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

G'luck Toad. I'm doing surprisingly well. Being stuck inside is tough. Working from home.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quickly, go delete your comments of calling everyone sheeple groupthinkers or whatever so it can't be proved!
    It will be deleted eventually. I think you're still struggling with what ad hominem actually means. Good luck to you.

Like when someone says you are cunting up a thread and you cry about someone calling you a cunt.

I get that this it is really hard for you to see the distinction - but your personal struggle doesnít make it ad hominem.

Quote Originally Posted by juanrogera View Post
    A bit of supposition on my end too, I realize. "The Court may announce opinions on the homepage beginning at 10 a.m. If more than one opinion will be issued, they will post in approximately ten minute intervals. The Court will not take the Bench." https://www.supremecourt.gov/. Babcock v. Kijakazi was announced at 10AM local time at https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/slipopinion/21. Sufficient time has passed that one could likely assume no further announcements today. https://www.scotusblog.com/ seems to echo that sentiment.
    SCOTUS made its decision and released already...

Curious to find out why Roberts/Kavanaugh felt one was ok to proceed but not the other. On the surface seems inconsistent when applying LAW (not intentions of law).

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post

Curious to find out why Roberts/Kavanaugh felt one was ok to proceed but not the other. On the surface seems inconsistent when applying LAW (not intentions of law).
    Color me corrected! Thanks for posting that.

In National Federation of Independent Business v. Department of Labor, the court blocked the federal government’s vaccine-or-test requirement for workplaces of 100 or more employees.

In Biden v. Missouri, the court allowed the government’s vaccine mandate for workers at federally funded health care facilities to take effect nationwide.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post

How is it constitutional to mandate vaccines for one group of workers, but it is unconstitutional to mandate vaccines for another group of workers ? Iím curious how they reconcile that.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Yawn. We tried to tell you Joe was oversteppin.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    How is it constitutional to mandate vaccines for one group of workers, but it is unconstitutional to mandate vaccines for another group of workers ? I’m curious how they reconcile that.

The thing about the Supreme Court is that they don't care. They just do whatever they want. That's why it's not even really a court.

How is it constitutional to mandate vaccines for one group of workers, but it is unconstitutional to mandate vaccines for another group of workers ? I’m curious how they reconcile that.

Maybe skip a gummy or two and read the opinions?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

The gummies are the only way the opinions make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Maybe skip a gummy or two and read the opinions?
    Gummies don't make libertarian-flavored arguments about the nondelegation doctrine any less stupid.

Seems they left the door open for brandon to now have OSHA mandate employers that take FEDERAL $ to enforce. However must see the reasoning write up to see if thats the reasoning behind their split decision...otherwise I am just speculating from a hunch.

Apparently it's ok to be exposed to a hazard at work if it's also a hazard of daily life. I don't get it. The difference between work and daily life is that at work you do what your boss tells you to. If you don't have the ability to work from home your boss can make you work all day a few feet from a sick person on a meatpacking line for example. Outside of work I have a choice who to spend long periods of time close to. I can have my groceries brought out to the car. I can avoid public gatherings etc. Yeah you have a choice not to work--you can be starving and homeless.

At home I am free to get up on the roof and fall off and break my neck--a hazard of daily life. But OSHA mandates that at work I wear a harness and clip to a safety line.

But since when did the SCOTUS pay any attention to common sense, the law, and the Constitution. Every time they issue a ruling they lose a little more of what little credibility they have. The idea that it's about the law and not politics is as credible is the idea that a politician isn't influenced by people that give them money or doctors aren't influenced by drug companies that send them on luxury trips.

I am sure actually working a real job was the furthest thing from the minds of 7 attorneys who all went to Yale and Harvard Law.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    The thing about the Supreme Court is that they don't care. They just do whatever they want. That's why it's not even really a court.
    and they don’t much care about dressing up the bullshit anymore. gorsuch thinks freezing to death at work ain’t a big deal. Hey, it’s an everyday hazard!

anyways, back to vitamin d supplements for our active getting after it livin the dream tgnars

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The idea that it's about the law and not politics is as credible is the idea that a politician isn't influenced by people that give them money or doctors aren't influenced by drug companies that send them on luxury trips.
    Boy, isn't that the truth!

I'm pretty sure that many large employers will still have vaccine and mask requirements for all employees working on company property or visiting customer locations. It protects them from risk exposure and will keep their self insured healthcare costs down. It's the larger mom and pop operations that will be COVID soup. Let them eat what they serve. We'll find out how sustainable that is or isn't.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'm pretty sure that many large employers will still have vaccine and mask requirements for all employees working on company property or visiting customer locations. It protects them from risk exposure and will keep their self insured healthcare costs down. It's the larger mom and pop operations that will be COVID soup. Let them eat what they serve. We'll find out how sustainable that is or isn't.
    Sure, but multiple states (like MT) have laws banning employers from doing so. Montana even bars PUBLIC ACCOMODATIONS from imposing vax mandates. Because FREEDUMB.