Page 787 of 873 FirstFirst ... 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 ... LastLast
Results 19,651 to 19,675 of 21819
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Sorry to interrupt the constant stream of trolls and bad faith actors here, but I was wondering if I could get some medical advice on a ski forum.

I'm quadruple vaxxed (2x Novavax and 2x full Moderna), and I believe that I have come down with the Cron. Fever of 101, achy as hell, chillz for days. This is my third day with some degree of noticeable symptoms, but I have yet to test positive on an antigen test (understandably).

I've got a trip to Canada that I leave for on Jan 22 - up to the Ymir lodge to do any avy 2 with doebedoe, and I'm wondering if it's game over or if there's a chance I can recover in time to get a negative test.

Any anecdata to make me feel better? Dumbolddad - what about a lead on some deworming medicine? At this point I'd do anything to make this trip happen, but I'm afraid that I might be well and truly fucked. We've both been so careful, too. Damn.
    You might be like 2 days too late for it, but a positive test in your semi-recent past is supposed to be helpful with Canada (waives the negative within 72 hours requirement). Maybe get the test ASAP?

Seems like you're hoping for a negative in that 72-hour window at this point, which actually seems kinda likely.

This is all moot if you instead have influenza - fingers crossed for you.

Sorry to interrupt the constant stream of trolls and bad faith actors here, but I was wondering if I could get some medical advice on a ski forum.

I'm quadruple vaxxed (2x Novavax and 2x full Moderna), and I believe that I have come down with the Cron. Fever of 101, achy as hell, chillz for days. This is my third day with some degree of noticeable symptoms, but I have yet to test positive on an antigen test (understandably).

I've got a trip to Canada that I leave for on Jan 22 - up to the Ymir lodge to do any avy 2 with doebedoe, and I'm wondering if it's game over or if there's a chance I can recover in time to get a negative test.

Any anecdata to make me feel better? Dumbolddad - what about a lead on some deworming medicine? At this point I'd do anything to make this trip happen, but I'm afraid that I might be well and truly fucked. We've both been so careful, too. Damn.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Sorry man. Hope you get well fast and make the trip.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    fwiw, #2 kid came down with similar symptoms despite having 2pf+booster and masking consistently about Dec 28.
    She was sick for 10 days, coughed like a foghorn, got a covid test at Kaiser, but came back negative. So we assume she had some flu.

She's better now.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I would have bet money mine was the flu. Sore throat, aching all over. Coughing so hard at the end it sounded like whooping cough in a kid (or a small dog barking).

Never a fever, no loss of taste or smell.

Flu test negative.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    I would have bet money mine was the flu. Sore throat, aching all over. Coughing so hard at the end it sounded like whooping cough in a kid (or a small dog barking).

Flu test negative.
    Did you test > 0 for covid?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    Several reasons, some serious, some sophomoric.

As for kicking a hornet's nest, yeah okay I'm pretty even keel and don't call people cunt, asshole, etc. I guess that's pretty wild behavior, from now on I'll wear a bee suit and bring one of those smoker pot things.

tgapp if you take ivermectin use the actual horse paste, it might somehow counteract dick shrinkage, or even give you a boost. 4 out of 5 horses agree.
    To quote Dr. Anthony Fauci--"what a moron". (I assume that's how the good doctor spells it.)

So much lulz! And groupthink! Yay!

Hummm.... Today was 100% improved. Upper respiratory issues better, cough nearly gone. Just felt a little tired, about like after the shot.

Wife works on a respiratory/med surg floor. All Covid designated beds in the hospital are full and they are putting overflow Covid patients on her floor. Not good.
    Liquid Gold!

Glad to hear you're feeling better.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Flu test negative.

Vax mandate for businesses looks to be addressed by SCOTUS later today.

When I first heard this proposal my first comment to the room was no way this is upheld. Ima get your vax guy all the way but…guess we’re about to see.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post

When I first heard this proposal my first comment to the room was no way this is upheld. Ima get your vax guy all the way but…guess we’re about to see.
    That’s good news. I’d like to see some way to compel the laggards, but I’m not hoping that we get to figure it out as an employer. Either way, it’ll be nice to get it clarified so we can move forward.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post

Oral arguments were January 7 if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong—wouldn't be the first time—but didn't think there would be an opinion issued for another couple months.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    sorry if i confused some peeps
    My old mans going in for another echocardioarthoscopic heart plugger procedure this morn
    after managing to not git coviod despite a dozen staff and facility positives at his old folks home

technically no we all didnt all git it
    i took a few days off to ski
    while 1/3 and most of the shop covidiots i work with managed to git it
    cant say eatin gummie nerd covid cluster helps but they taste good and make me smile
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by juanrogera View Post
    Oral arguments were January 7 if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong—wouldn't be the first time—but didn't think there would be an opinion issued for another couple months.
    Yeah, but the business world and state OSHA offices are in limbo since the mandate is technically in effect but everybody expects it to be shut down, at least the private business bit. Expectation was to hear something last Friday or over the weekend. And then when that didn’t happen the expectation shifted to this week.

Months would = chaos.
    focus.

Good luck to ur old man !

+++vibes+++ skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    sorry if i confused some peeps
    My old mans going in for another echocardioarthoscopic heart plugger procedure this morn
    after managing to not git coviod despite a dozen staff and facility positives at his old folks home

technically no we all didnt all git it
    i took a few days off to ski
    while 1/3 and most of the shop covidiots i work with managed to git it
    cant say eatin gummie nerd covid cluster helps but they taste good and make me smile
    Dude I like the way you always look at the bright side. I wish I could get better at that, everybody around me does hahaha! Hope your laps were good and hoping for the best outcome possible for your old man.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    This thread has more than just americans in it, fellas. It ain't all about GOP vs. DRP.
    Austrian Hookers have been playing an integral part in this thread. And anecdotes of Some German Aunt who is constantly bemoaning the current state of affairs here. ( according to the Poster whose Aunt it is)
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by GimpToo View Post
    Curious - who here has ever had a cold that only lasted five or less days? Speaking from experience - symptoms hit quick, and leave just as quickly!
    I’ve had many. I’ve also had many that lasted a week.

Vibes sent for SFB’s old man.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Add me to the list of COVID infected. Very mild symptoms. My cough went away within 24 hours, and all I have is some sinus congestion. Never had a fever or any aches or chills. Double vaxxed and boosted with Pfizer.

Had a mild cough last Thursday and went and got tested last Friday just out of an abundance of caution. Finally got the results back this morning. The labs are so slammed it's taking almost 6 days to get results. Anyone in Central Oregon who wants to get tested is going to have to wait about 5 days to get a test appointment. There are zero at home test kits available anywhere. I ordered two just to have some for future needs.

ETA: Vibes to those that have worse symptoms. And no idea how I may have contracted. Possibly at Bachelor where someone was coughing in the lift line right in front of me. All I had was my neck gaiter, which is obviously not going to prevent anything. Be careful out there!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

CVS had some available on line as of yesterday--a newly FDA approved test
    When I went looking at CVS they said come back midday Wednesday (yesterday). I did, and the check out clerk was selling them out of a box at the register.
    When I went in to Rite Aid they said come back Monday--so Truckee folks might try that. And maybe asking the pharmacy when they expect their next shipment will work other places.
    Of course Truckee is an corner part of the universe. YMMV

I feel sorry for the folks in pharmacies--the phones must be ringing off the hook with people asking about rapid tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    So much lulz! And groupthink! Yay!
    "I don't call anyone a cunt, I just ad hominem 50% of my posts while providing nothing."

Don't forget to run back with some more Rogan quotes, that's what we were really missing!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Add me to the list of COVID infected. Very mild symptoms. My cough went away within 24 hours, and all I have is some sinus congestion. Never had a fever or any aches or chills. Double vaxxed and boosted with Pfizer.

Had a mild cough last Thursday and went and got tested last Friday just out of an abundance of caution. Finally got the results back this morning. The labs are so slammed it's taking almost 6 days to get results. Anyone in Central Oregon who wants to get tested is going to have to wait about 5 days to get a test appointment. There are zero at home test kits available anywhere. I ordered two just to have some for future needs.

ETA: Vibes to those that have worse symptoms. And no idea how I may have contracted. Possibly at Bachelor where someone was coughing in the lift line right in front of me. All I had was my neck gaiter, which is obviously not going to prevent anything. Be careful out there!
    Vibes to you TM…….I’m at Day 8+ since testing positive, and all my symptoms are pretty much gone….Except for one that started about 3 days ago: I’m constantly cold. Like wearing a jacket and beanie inside while I type this cold. It’s very strange…..Hang in there everyone!
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier