Page 311 of 929 FirstFirst ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,775 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The quality of the mask is not the only thing. They have to fit right and they need to be tight. I see KN95's with ear loops--I can't imagine they fit tightly enough.

I’m sure they are all different, but the box I got fit me well. Not quite as good as a n95 behind the head band, but close. And when you’re breathing hard it pulls it to your face more anyway.

I also got a box of surgical masks, they are much less of a seal. But cheaper and easier to talk. I use them for quick/non close contact things. Still have quite a bit of both left over, but wondering if I should re-up before the price triples again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tor-tour View Post
    My frickin Uber driver tonight from SLC to Deer Valley (yeah, I know) wasn't wearing a mask and windows rolled up. Asked him to put one on, since I've got kids not vaccinated yet. Said he was vaccinated and if I didn't like it to get out. Asked him real questions, then shamed him.

This isn't going to end

But hopefully he won't be driving for Uber again
    He’s vaccinated, you’re vaccinated, your kids are kids.

Wtf is the threat to anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Have the balls or decency to fill his inbox with your fun and games replies while real people die because of RJ. Or be a cunt like RJ. Choices.
    What inbox? Are you for real?

God damn.

I know it’s my fault for reading the thread at all, but we’ve been post-Covid in my town for like 3 months. It’s crazy to check in here and see the same old mask and lockdown bullshit.

Get your shots, go live life, done…easy.

People who won’t get shots…whatever, not my problem.

No city, county or town has been post covid yet, prepare for a roasting
    People who don't get vaxxed are the problem, everyone's problem

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    You didn't miss out on the HPV vaccine - insurance companies didn't want to make it available to everyone - you can get it and prevent penile and uterine cancer. Just have to pay for it because the insurance companies figured you were too close to death to matter.
    Say what?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Say what?
    Septuagenarian box munchers

(is the name of my new band)

Haven't worn anything but a normal buff as a mask since the start. Live in Hudson valley NY.
    Y'all do you though.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    fixin the cottonwoods traffic problem one relocation at a time
    thank your wife for me
    for lettin you do you elsewhere
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The amazing thing is--if you look at a map of where the new cases are--it's very clear that places with low vaccination rates are by and large getting hammered, but even this isn't enough for people to realize they should get the shots. People are just incredibly hard headed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	567B8208-79C3-4075-958C-FB7EEFF1053B.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	213.4 KB 
ID:	381363

Exactly. Bunch of mouth breathing trump supporters having a bear party in Provincetown. Their vax rate is a pathetic 92%
    . . .

So, did you have a good time on your cruise?

Can’t believe I’m today years old and just heard the term spreadneck

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    holy shirtless fat fuck sausage party
    no need to ask where the chicks at
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    fixin the cottonwoods traffic problem one relocation at a time
    thank your wife for me
    for lettin you do you elsewhere
    I'm vaxxed.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Sorry if this is a re-post. So much fucking bullshit in this thread, I can't keep track:

Reduced sensitivity of SARS-CoV-2 variant Delta to antibody neutralization, Planas, Nature (2021)

Sampled previously infected cohort (Strasbourg, n=26, PCR+) convalescent sera 12 months after symptoms, measured binding efficacy of antibodies to virus (early-lineage virus, Alpha, Beta, Delta). Saw good binding to early-lineage and Alpha, but piss-poor binding to Beta and Delta. Vaccinated subjects with a single dose (AstraZeneca n=9, Pfizer n=9, Moderna n=3) and re-evaluated; found strong response to all variants tested.

Sampled a previously uninfected cohort (Orléans) after single dose vaccination (Pfizer n=16, AstraZeneca n=23) at week 3 and ran same assays. Saw a terrible response to Alpha, Beta, and Delta (alright to early-lineage). Gave subjects second dose of vaccine and saw much improved response to all variants (only moderate binding to Beta, surprisingly; but who cares, that shit is the least of our worries at this point).

Yup, this was a fairly small study, and only looked at antibody performance, T-cell response was not evaluated.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    So, did you have a good time on your cruise?
    Hooked up with a silver back grizzly bear
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    was he a power bottom, or????

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Great:
    The Lambda variant of the coronavirus, first identified in Peru and now spreading in South America, is highly infectious and more resistant to vaccines than the original version of the virus the emerged from Wuhan, China, Japanese researchers have found. In laboratory experiments, they found that three mutations in Lambda's spike protein, known as RSYLTPGD246-253N, 260 L452Q and F490S, help it resist neutralization by vaccine-induced antibodies. Two additional mutations, T76I and L452Q, help make Lambda highly infectious, they found. In a paper posted on Wednesday on bioRxiv ahead of peer review, the researchers warn that with Lambda being labeled a "Variant of Interest" by the World Health Organization, rather than a "Variant of Concern," people might not realize it is a serious ongoing threat. Although it is not clear yet whether this variant is more dangerous than the Delta now threatening populations in many countries, senior researcher Kei Sato of the University of Tokyo believes "Lambda can be a potential threat to the human society."

so you were in Provincetown?

Speaking of the Provincetown Cluster: https://slate.com/human-interest/202...ter-diary.html

Exactly. Bunch of mouth breathing trump supporters having a bear party in Provincetown. Their vax rate is a pathetic 92%
    You know damn well New England is not the problem.

I did hear a story on NPR this morning saying that new vaccinations have gone up fourfold in Louisiana since the Delta variant has kicked their ass, so at least that's good news.
    Last edited by The AD; 08-03-2021 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    You know damn well New England is not the problem.

I did hear a story on NPR this morning saying that new vaccinations have gone up fourfold in Louisiana since the Delta variant has kicked their ass, so at least that's good news.
    Leave it up to death knocking on your front door to get people to NOT be dum dums.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    You didn't miss out on the HPV vaccine - insurance companies didn't want to make it available to everyone - you can get it and prevent penile and uterine cancer. Just have to pay for it because the insurance companies figured you were too close to death to matter.
    The US insurance companies surely want to eradicate the viruses of the world, and help ensure a better quality of life for their paying customers....Right? Right!

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    Quoted for re-read:
    Yeah, if that's the case and the RJ account was hacked then it seems obvious that it should be shut down.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

When you view the world through a cynical lens, it must constantly feel like the world is out to screw you. That's a uninformed, lazy, and undisciplined way to live.

All medicines are a risk/reward equation. Insurance company coverage is often guided by official practice guidance (like below)

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/acip-scdm-faqs.html

"For example, in June 2019, ACIP recommended shared clinical decision-making for HPV vaccination of adults aged 27–45 years. HPV acquisition generally occurs soon after first sexual activity. Vaccine effectiveness is lower in older age groups because of prior infections and lower risk of exposure (for example, among persons who are in a long-term, mutually monogamous sexual partnership). ACIP recommended shared clinical decision-making rather than catch-up vaccination because most adults in this age group would have no or minimal benefits from vaccination. However, some individuals who are not already immune to HPV through vaccination or natural infection (e.g., a previously unvaccinated person who has never had sex) and who might be at risk for acquiring a new HPV infection in the future (e.g., plans to have sex with a new partner in the future) might benefit from vaccination."