Page 534 of 929 FirstFirst ... 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 ... LastLast
Results 13,326 to 13,350 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Republicans are still a bigger obstacle to vaccination than Black Americans:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ack-americans/

What Drives GOP Resistance to Vaccines?:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-dr...es-11623190392

And here are the American adults who say they’ve already been vaccinated — broken down by demographic group:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...d-u-s-n1277514
    The 46% of Trump supporters getting the jab is pretty bad.

Republicans who support Trump more than party: 46 percent
    Yes, you can donate blood after getting a COVID-19 vaccine, as long as you are symptom-free and feeling well at the time of the donation.
    I was going to ask Asspen what his point is? the Red Cross stopped collecting plasma because there isn't demand right now.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post

Why can't I donate plasma after receiving my vaccinations?
    You can.

Yes, you can donate blood after getting a COVID-19 vaccine, as long as you are symptom-free and feeling well at the time of the donation.

Assuming you meant convalescent plasma for Covid-19 treatment, it wouldn't make sense for vaccinated people and people 6 months post natural infection to donate. Also, studies show convalescent plasma therapy is not very effective and has been largely phased out as a result.

P.S. Have you considered dropping your media sources after getting it consistently wrong for so long?
    You mean don't trust the Red Cross?

I'm not sure anyone knows what you're talking about since the links you provided don't support your assertion that vaccinated people cannot donate plasma.

Oops, I forgot to put quotes around my response:

"Yes, you can donate blood after getting a COVID-19 vaccine, as long as you are symptom-free and feeling well at the time of the donation." -- the Red Cross

Source: your own links

LOL. Didn’t read your own links?

Oops, I forgot to put quotes around my response:

"Yes, you can donate blood after getting a COVID-19 vaccine, as long as you are symptom-free and feeling well at the time of the donation." -- the Red Cross

Source: your own links
    "The FDA allows people who have received a COVID-19 vaccine to donate dedicated COVID-19 convalescent plasma within six months of their infection of the virus, based on data that antibodies from natural infection can decline after six months however, the Red Cross has discontinued our convalescent plasma collection program.

Throughout the pandemic, the American Red Cross has adapted its collection of lifesaving blood products to meet the needs of all patients—including those battling COVID-19. Currently, our primary efforts are the prioritized expansion of red blood cell and platelet collections to meet surging hospital demand and have discontinued our convalescent plasma program. We will continue to monitor the situation in the context of emerging information, evolution of the pandemic and hospital demand to determine if we should resume our convalescent plasma program in the future.

The Red Cross is grateful to the tens of thousands of convalescent plasma donors who rolled up their sleeves to share their health and provide hope to patients and their families during an uncertain time."

You guys don't get your information from a trusted source like the Red Cross?

Why can't I donate after the 6+ month window after vaccination?

Well since reading continues to be an issue, the Red Cross is no longer collecting convalescent plasma due to lack of demand.

Cracks me up that people can repost claims that the vaccine drives virus mutation and continue feeding the antivax ecosphere then clamor for infusions of antibodies/ monoclonals that have been proven to do so in immune compromised patients.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Whoah, your media sources have really spun your head around on this one. COVID-19 convalescent plasma is a Covid treatment that unfortunately wasn't very effective. A randomized trial in patients hospitalized with COVID-19 showed no benefit and potentially increased harm associated with the use of convalescent plasma.

It's not the same thing as donating plasma after getting vaccinated, which you can do as long as you are symptom-free and feeling well at the time of the donation..

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Very interesting that whites are the least vaccinated group. I wouldn't have expected that.

On a different subject, here's an article about mask selection. Some pretty good evidence to suggest cloth masks don't cut it:
    https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...delta-variant/

Its an NBC poll where they don't even provide the details on the poll.

Totally good science.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...raphics-trends

Read what you posted from the Red cross link out loud and in front of the mirror. Focus hard on the first paragraph.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

"The FDA allows people who have received a COVID-19 vaccine to donate dedicated COVID-19 convalescent plasma within six months of their infection of the virus, based on data that antibodies from natural infection can decline after six months however, the Red Cross has discontinued our convalescent plasma collection program.

Throughout the pandemic, the American Red Cross has adapted its collection of lifesaving blood products to meet the needs of all patients—including those battling COVID-19. Currently, our primary efforts are the prioritized expansion of red blood cell and platelet collections to meet surging hospital demand and have discontinued our convalescent plasma program. We will continue to monitor the situation in the context of emerging information, evolution of the pandemic and hospital demand to determine if we should resume our convalescent plasma program in the future.

The Red Cross is grateful to the tens of thousands of convalescent plasma donors who rolled up their sleeves to share their health and provide hope to patients and their families during an uncertain time."

You guys don't get your information from a trusted source like the Red Cross?

You can still donate plasma, just not for convalescent Covid plasma purposes. They aren’t collecting or really even using convalescent Covid plasma for treatment. Are you being intentionally obtuse?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Because they want the antibodies present?

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post

Totally good science.

Almost 77% of US adults have at least one vaccine dose. Not too shabby.

I got a call from the Red Cross last year after testing reactive for antibodies (wife tested + 2 months earlier) .. wanted me to test again if I would consider donating plasma. Then way more recently they called about donating blood and said being vaccinated is not an issue at all with that..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1555ckCOMICgreatscientists21stcentury.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	213.1 KB 
ID:	386357

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I got a call from the Red Cross last year (wife tested + 2 months earlier) after testing reactive for antibodies.. wanted me to test again if I would consider donating plasma. Then way more recently they called about donating blood and said being vaccinated is not an issue at all with that..
    But did you tell them Asspen says....well, I guess he's confirming what they said? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post

Totally good science.

Fair point, but the CDC data appears to have issues with entire stats not reporting demographic data.

“ Missing data may be influenced by inconsistent collection of information at the time of vaccination, differences in jurisdictional electronic data programs, as well as some jurisdictional policies or laws that do not allow demographic data to be reported. Completeness of reporting for race/ethnicity, age and sex are summarized on the Demographic Trends page. Age and sex completeness is currently above 90% and race/ethnicity between 50-60%. This will result in vaccination coverage appearing lower when displayed as a percentage of the total US population.”

“ *Texas does not report demographic-specific dose number information to CDC, so data for Texas are not represented in these figures.”

The point is it wouldn't be considered "convalescent plasma" after six months.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Almost 77% of US adults have at least one vaccine dose. Not too shabby.
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Fair point, but the CDC data appears to have issues with entire stats not reporting demographic data.

“ Missing data may be influenced by inconsistent collection of information at the time of vaccination, differences in jurisdictional electronic data programs, as well as some jurisdictional policies or laws that do not allow demographic data to be reported. Completeness of reporting for race/ethnicity, age and sex are summarized on the Demographic Trends page. Age and sex completeness is currently above 90% and race/ethnicity between 50-60%. This will result in vaccination coverage appearing lower when displayed as a percentage of the total US population.”

“ *Texas does not report demographic-specific dose number information to CDC, so data for Texas are not represented in these figures.”
    Yeah, it's a lot better than the "half the country" talking point that keeps getting thrown out.

FWIW, according to the CDC they only have race/ethnicity data for a little over half 59% of vaccinees and no data from the state of Texas so a poll, however imperfect, is bound to include more useful information.

Same reason some folks now need booster shots.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Here's a handy gif for responding to any of Assbeen's posts:

This one also:

You're welcome.

There we go. People thinking ahead. It brings us to a deeper point here.

Doesn't matter if you have natural immunity due to a COVID infection, or got the vaccines. After 6 months antibodies wane to the point you cannot donate convalescent plasma as it would just be considered normal plasma.

Does that mean we need a booster shot every 6 months for eternity?

I brought this up earlier in the thread, do these companies have a plan for COVID vaccines 2.0? Something better than a booster every 6 months?

Not this again. Talking about Sweden would be more interesting:

https://twitter.com/ErikAngner/statu...80636187926533

While neutralizing antibodies wane, memory B cells that probably last a lifetime develop to provide protection against severe disease:

Attachment 386360

Not this again. Talking about Sweden would be more interesting:
    Fucking shit. Here we go again.

https://www.livescience.com/why-lifelong-immunity.html