Page 249 of 929 FirstFirst ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    in every day life I see people getting all twisted on FB when a little PR could have prevented it all, I don't remembr anyone putting any spin on the science until now a year later,

in any case one of them guys is a snowboarder from texas so we probably should discount every thing he did maybe even refuse the vax
    Since we're ragging on people from the past for not knowing what the future would bring, I'd just like to say that Judas and Pontius Pilate got raw deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Yeah, Canada's National Advisory Committee on Immunizations updated their vaccine recommendations, the biggest change being for anyone who received AZ as their first shot should receive an mRNA vaccine as their second dose. Creates a better immune response.
    This what I got from BC vac "DougW, you can now book your appointment for a second dose of Pfizer or Moderna (mRNA) vaccine. You could get either vaccine at the clinic. A choice will not be offered."

Maybe that might be do to being in a small town, you get what you get .
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Its been all pfizer over here and for # 2 I just did a walk up at 8:15 in the AM, i was done before 10am
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    This what I got from BC vac "DougW, you can now book your appointment for a second dose of Pfizer or Moderna (mRNA) vaccine. You could get either vaccine at the clinic. A choice will not be offered."

Maybe that might be do to being in a small town, you get what you get .
    I live in a large town. It's the same thing here. All 3 do the same thing, the RNA ones even more so - just get whatever.

Hell, gimme Pfizer when this is all over so I can have 'em all. Can't wait to start caring about who makes my next tetanus shot.

Morgan Stanley's New York office bans unvaccinated staff and clients

New York (CNN Business)Morgan Stanley plans to ban workers from its New York headquarters if they have not received a Covid-19 vaccine. The rule will apply to non-vaccinated guests and clients as well.

According to a source close to the company, Morgan Stanley said in a memo to its employees in the New York metropolitan area that all staff working in buildings with a "large employee presence" are required to confirm their vaccination status by July 1.

The source added that "vaccine attestation is on an honorary basis for employees, contingent workforce, clients and visitors." The Financial Times was the first to report the news.

The company plans to expand the vaccination mandate to employees and guests in other Morgan Stanley locations in New York City and nearby Westchester starting July 12.

"Operating within a fully vaccinated environment allows us to lift restrictions like the use of face coverings and the need to maintain physical distancing, returning to more normal office conditions," the source added.

Morgan Stanley (MS) CEO James Gorman has previously taken a hard line on employees returning to the office: Gorman commented at an investing conference earlier this month that it was time for the bank's New York workers to head back to the headquarters in the Big Apple's Times Square.

"If you can go to a restaurant in New York City, you can come into the office. And we want you in the office," Gorman said. He also warned he would be "very disappointed" if workers aren't back by Labor Day. And if they're not, then "we'll have a different kind of conversation," he said.

Gorman added at the time that more than 90% of its workers have said they have already received the vaccine and that he expects this number to eventually hit 98% to 99%.

He did note some employees may choose to not get vaccinated for health or religious reasons, adding that the company will deal with these situations on a case-by-case basis.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    He did note some employees may choose to not get vaccinated for health or religious reasons, adding that the company will deal with these situations on a case-by-case basis.
    I would not buy stock from a Christian Scientist

Isnt " Christian Scientist " an oxymoran ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Isnt " Christian Scientist " an oxymoran ?
    Not for Christian Scientists.

I will say one thing, 30 years ago I was an avid reader of The Christian Science Monitor newspaper. They had some excellent journalism especially for international coverage. My college library subscribed. You just had to skip the one page withe their daily religion bullshit column.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I will say one thing, 30 years ago I was an avid reader of The Christian Science Monitor newspaper. They had some excellent journalism especially for international coverage. My college library subscribed. You just had to skip the one page withe their daily religion bullshit column.
    And anything they have to say about science or science based medicine... they are Christian Scientists.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    And anything they have to say about science or science based medicine... they are Christian Scientists.
    Actually, they did some great pieces on science and medicine. I was amazed. They had world class coverage. I know people like to bag on them however the newspaper was of exceptional quality. No idea what it's like now.

CSM used to have a stellar reputation. According to Wikipedia it's had a hard time staying solvent lately, like a lot of papers.

Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

WSJ: About half of adults infected in an outbreak of the Delta variant of Covid-19 in Israel were fully inoculated with the Pfizer Inc. vaccine, prompting the government to reimpose an indoor mask requirement and other measures to contain the highly transmissible strain.

NPR: From Australia to Israel and around Europe, health officials announced new restrictions ahead of the weekend as they report clusters of outbreaks and try to mitigate further transmissions. These decisions come as the more transmissible delta variant of the coronavirus becomes the dominant strain in several countries.

We're all gunna die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    WSJ: About half of adults infected in an outbreak of the Delta variant of Covid-19 in Israel were fully inoculated with the Pfizer Inc. vaccine, prompting the government to reimpose an indoor mask requirement and other measures to contain the highly transmissible strain.

NPR: From Australia to Israel and around Europe, health officials announced new restrictions ahead of the weekend as they report clusters of outbreaks and try to mitigate further transmissions. These decisions come as the more transmissible delta variant of the coronavirus becomes the dominant strain in several countries.

We're all gunna die.
    GREAT.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Email came out Monday at work. Cal OSHA came out with new workplace guidelines that says vaccinated can go maskless, but unvaccinated have to wear a mask. The email said you have to sign into a California Dept of Health website to verify your vaccinated. The covididiots are losing their minds! I overheard someone comparing it to the holocaust. My Q anon co-worker responded to the email stating this new rule was violating of some federal statute that says you can't coerce vaccinations.

I think it's a very bad idea. We should continue all wearing masks and social distancing at work. But seeing the these dumb motherfuckers losing their minds almost worth the added risk.

We're all gunna die.
    Infected, sure. But how sick are they?

The whole point of this (to me, at least) was to get vaccinated so I won't die should COVID get in my wonderful, pure lungs.

No clue. Both articles were a little light on specifics, and the wsj one had the second half behind a paywall.

In Israel, UAE, UK, and other countries there's an increase of new cases. The future in taking about have been well vaccinated.

If you look at the percent vaccinated, the current wave is roughly half the previous waves, which would support the theory that the new cases are mostly among un vaccinated.

It seems to be the same in the US, with the states least vaccinated shitting fit an increase in new cases.

But anyway, not getting a vaccine gives the virus a chance to mutate, perhaps where the vaccines are not effective.

Until we vaccinated 7 billion people, we will need to live with on and off restrictions in all countries.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

No clue. Both articles were a little light on specifics, and the wsj one had the second half behind a paywall.
    I feel like these articles are always a little light on specifics. If you know 50% of people were vaccinated, you probably have some idea of how many of them are sick.

Yeah, it's clickbait for sure.

Symptomatic or not, ~50% breakthrough rate is not good.

Yeah, it's clickbait for sure.

Symptomatic or not, ~50% breakthrough rate is not good.
    Obviously it is not a 50% breakthrough rate, though. What's the vax rate in Israel? More than 50% means the smaller fraction that is unvaxed still accounts for half the infections. And if this is a relatively small flare up, 50% of it might be a tiny fraction of the vaccinated population. Baiters gonna bait.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

The Delta variant isn't unique to Israel though. It's everywhere. Here in Ontario current hot spot is the Kitchener/Waterloo region.

A status update:

An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 0.1%.

And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/h...2-e91718797d33

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Obviously it is not a 50% breakthrough rate, though.
    Lazy writing on my part. Yeah, not rate, just "about half" of whatever sized sample.