Page 494 of 929 FirstFirst ... 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ... LastLast
Results 12,326 to 12,350 of 23206
    A very cool and stable hill for this genius to die on.

Anti-Vaccine Activist Who Said 'There's No Epidemic' Dies of COVID

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...Xsa?li=BBorjTa

A prominent Israeli anti-vaccine activist has reportedly died of COVID-19.

His death came after he posted a final message to his Facebook followers on Saturday, informing them that his condition was "extremely critical."

Alongside a photo of himself on a ventilator, he wrote: "Dear friends. My situation is extremely critical."

Shaulian added that he was "in a very serious condition" and "unable to talk."

"I have no oxygen and can't stabilize," he continued. "It took me about an hour to figure out who I am. Where am I and what am I doing here. Lack of oxygen is a terrible thing."

He added that he believed he would recover "with God's help."

Despite his dire situation, Shaulian urged his followers to "keep fighting" against Israel's "Green Pass" scheme that registers who has been fully inoculated against COVID, if they have presumed immunity after contracting the disease, or tested negative in the previous 24 hours.

"It has nothing to do with the coronavirus," he wrote. "It has nothing to do with vaccines. It has to do with coercion."

When Shaulian fell ill last week, he claimed that police had tried to poison him after he was arrested during a protest against the Green Pass.

"I'm telling you, this is an attempt to wipe me out and if something happens to me know that's exactly what happened," he said in a social media video, according to The Times of Israel.

He previously called on his followers not to get vaccinated against COVID-19. "There is no epidemic—the vaccine is unnecessary and dangerous," he was quoted in The Post.

Israel's Green Pass was brought back over the summer along with other restrictions as the country's government sought to combat a fourth wave of coronavirus infections driven by the highly contagious Delta variant.

Last month, Israel announced that anyone over 3 would have to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test before entering many outdoor spaces.

Israel implemented a rapid campaign to vaccinate its population in December last year. So far, 61 percent of the country's population is fully vaccinated.

The country has also embarked on a vaccine booster campaign, offering third jabs to anyone over 30 as of late August.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...on-deaths.html

To quantify just how many deaths, we set out to estimate how many lives might have been saved if all states had managed to vaccinate their residents as quickly as the state with the highest vaccination rate (usually Vermont in the period we looked at). This provides a benchmark for what would have been possible with vaccination rates that we know are, under at least some circumstances, achievable.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graph.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	244.0 KB 
ID:	385362

Name:	graph2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	361.9 KB 
ID:	385363

As with all modeling of a fast-changing pandemic with messy data, we should interpret this modeling carefully. Because of these uncertainties, we can never know exactly how many deaths to attribute to undervaccination. But we know there are too many.

This is a tragedy, because the vaccines are a miraculous achievement, and they are not partisan. They were created with leadership and investments from American companies, developed under a Republican president and distributed under a Democratic one. Scientists have shattered all medical expectations for how quickly they could develop a vaccine, and how well it would work, only to collide with public skepticism and, at times, inadequate infrastructure for delivering vaccines. It is imperative that those who can change the minds of the unvaccinated continue to speak up, including Republican leaders, doctors, community leaders and former vaccine skeptics. Where persuasion fails, political and business leaders should consider other methods like imposing mandates, which work. President Biden’s new vaccine policy represents a significant step in this direction. There is no excuse for silence or hesitation in this race against time.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I’ll just leave this here. Attachment 385306
    This was in Toronto yesterday. Dude was trolling the anti vacc/mask dipshits who are now protesting in front of hospitals.

This was the other side of his sign:

Name:  E_L6KuYXoAEgILX.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  93.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    A very cool and stable hill for this genius to die on.

Anti-Vaccine Activist Who Said 'There's No Epidemic' Dies of COVID

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...Xsa?li=BBorjTa

A prominent Israeli anti-vaccine activist has reportedly died of COVID-19.

His death came after he posted a final message to his Facebook followers on Saturday, informing them that his condition was "extremely critical."

Alongside a photo of himself on a ventilator, he wrote: "Dear friends. My situation is extremely critical."

Shaulian added that he was "in a very serious condition" and "unable to talk."

"I have no oxygen and can't stabilize," he continued. "It took me about an hour to figure out who I am. Where am I and what am I doing here. Lack of oxygen is a terrible thing."

He added that he believed he would recover "with God's help."

Despite his dire situation, Shaulian urged his followers to "keep fighting" against Israel's "Green Pass" scheme that registers who has been fully inoculated against COVID, if they have presumed immunity after contracting the disease, or tested negative in the previous 24 hours.

"It has nothing to do with the coronavirus," he wrote. "It has nothing to do with vaccines. It has to do with coercion."

When Shaulian fell ill last week, he claimed that police had tried to poison him after he was arrested during a protest against the Green Pass.

"I'm telling you, this is an attempt to wipe me out and if something happens to me know that's exactly what happened," he said in a social media video, according to The Times of Israel.

He previously called on his followers not to get vaccinated against COVID-19. "There is no epidemic—the vaccine is unnecessary and dangerous," he was quoted in The Post.

Israel's Green Pass was brought back over the summer along with other restrictions as the country's government sought to combat a fourth wave of coronavirus infections driven by the highly contagious Delta variant.

Last month, Israel announced that anyone over 3 would have to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test before entering many outdoor spaces.

Israel implemented a rapid campaign to vaccinate its population in December last year. So far, 61 percent of the country's population is fully vaccinated.

The country has also embarked on a vaccine booster campaign, offering third jabs to anyone over 30 as of late August.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    She needs to calm down. Besides, antivaxxers don't respond to math.
    Not math, that’s for sure. The ones I know are too busy ranting about how the cdc is hiding a real treatment that would cure covid just so the pharmaceuticals can make that sweet vax cash. Yes, there are some logic problems in her thinking

Another total piece of shit bites the dust.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/h...6-97b62283b504

Only fitting to give him the same send off he used to give aids victims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Another total piece of shit bites the dust.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/h...6-97b62283b504

Only fitting to give him the same send off he used to give aids victims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE
    What a piece of shit. Good riddance.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    holy fuck you’re an idiot. Her numbers are shit. Are you seriously going to try and use this crazy broad as an example of why to get Vaxx’d? Her total deaths/infections include all the time even before vaccines…. Why not use the data since vaccines were rolled out? Her data and your video argument is shit.

edit: she doesn’t include ages or underlying heath conditions either. Which is a joke.
    Calm down Francis. Take your own advice. Your arguments are shit and your posts are a total joke because you are too ignorant to understand even simple concepts about immunology, epidemiology, and physiology (let alone the complex ones you somehow believe you understand without any education in the subject)

It’s pretty rich that you took an opportunity to harshly criticize someone for the type of mistakes you’ve been making all summer in here. Sit down.

Just went 20 rounds with a Trump lovin' relative in Texas about getting vaxxed (believes God put Trump in office). He's antivax. Believes Trump took a fake vaccine but gave him all the glory for "inventing" the vax. Told me his priest called him stupid for not getting it and when his friend told him she lost 3 relatives to Covid he asked what underlying conditions they had. Says he'll wait 3 or 4 years before he's convinced it's not altering peoples DNA and that he's more worried about flesh eating bacteria.

Ugh.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Just went 20 rounds with a Trump lovin' relative in Texas about getting vaxxed (believes God put Trump in office). He's antivax. Believes Trump took a fake vaccine but gave him all the glory for "inventing" the vax. Told me his priest called him stupid for not getting it and when his friend told him she lost 3 relatives to Covid he asked what underlying conditions they had. Says he'll wait 3 or 4 years before he's convinced it's not altering peoples DNA and that he's more worried about flesh eating bacteria.

Ugh.
    I refuse to talk to people like this, family or otherwise. Their idiotic ideas don't deserve any air time.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

Ugh.
    So, you're saying there's a chance!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Maybe tell that Jesus lover "Well, I'll just have to do what Jesus says to do here. Shake the sand from my sandals and move on. How's the weather been?"
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I'm bothered by the number of qualified scientists taking to social media with valid but differing takes on the virus and the vaccines. Science moves in fits and starts, today's truth is tomorrow's obsolete theory, vigorous scientific debate is healthy, taking it to social media not so much. The nuance gets lost and the public gets confused and skeptical.

This isn't unprecedented. Sabin was very critical of Salk and his efforts and very public about it, but obviously the available media at the time were much more limited. (I was shocked that a contestant on Jeopardy's Tournament of Champion's hadn't heard of Jonas Salk.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    (I was shocked that a contestant on Jeopardy's Tournament of Champion's hadn't heard of Jonas Salk.)
    Pretty sure it was actually Sabin that he couldn't recall. And I'm sure the contestant had heard of them both, he just wasn't able to recall Sabin's name.

Purely anecdotal but a lot more of my teenage kids' friends seem to be getting immunized as school gets going, sometimes after having had to convince their anti parents to allow it. In a couple cases mom and the kids are getting shots, but good ol' dad is a holdout. What was somebody saying about white males...?

Conservative white males. Do lump me in with the willfully ignorant

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Pretty sure it was actually Sabin that he couldn't recall. And I'm sure the contestant had heard of them both, he just wasn't able to recall Sabin's name.
    Correct. He knew Salk right off but brain farted on Sabin.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm bothered by the number of qualified scientists taking to social media with valid but differing takes on the virus and the vaccines. Science moves in fits and starts, today's truth is tomorrow's obsolete theory, vigorous scientific debate is healthy, taking it to social media not so much. The nuance gets lost and the public gets confused and skeptical.

This isn't unprecedented. Sabin was very critical of Salk and his efforts and very public about it, but obviously the available media at the time were much more limited. (I was shocked that a contestant on Jeopardy's Tournament of Champion's hadn't heard of Jonas Salk.)
    Ya even I knew the main benefit of masks was to keep our spewing to a minimum (protect others from ourselves) and pushed for everyone to be wearing them everywhere way back in early March of 2020. Problem is that there weren't enough for the healthcare workers and EMS folks to protect themselves. For their sake, thank God the other armchair epidemiologists were buying toilet paper instead back then..

My public health professor cousin blocked me for pushing for everyone to wear masks everywhere before the WHO agreed with that strategy. We're back as besties now though..

But ya science didn't lie to you. We just learned more and got evolving insights as a result.. In short, it's complicated.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	463.7 KB 
ID:	385378

A mini-story in a picture of "let's just open up without distancing, masking or vaxxing"

(Of course, it's a relational perspective because there is distancing, masking & vaxxing during this period, but it demonstrates the differential that would only grow if we listened to the anti-public health crowd)

But somewhere, some prominent scientists interpreted the science to mean that there was no longer a need to track mild covid cases and to discourage surveillance testing for schools, which then became policy, while other prominent scientists were clearly providing evidence as to why these were bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	463.7 KB 
ID:	385378

A mini-story in a picture of "let's just open up without distancing, masking or vaxxing"

(Of course, it's a relational perspective because there is distancing, masking & vaxxing during this period, but it demonstrates the differential that would only grow if we listened to the anti-public health crowd)
    If only there had been some way to know that this might be how it went...

But, you know, nobody can know any of this.

It's really quite a huge mystery.

Ah, well. What are you gonna do, right?

When you are against masks and mandates and are out protesting you are lining up alongside people like this:

“Canadian Frontline Nurses”

Its leader, Kristen Nagle, is a former neonatal intensive care-unit nurse who was fired earlier this year from her hospital. This came after Nagle co-organized an antilockdown rally.

Nagle has some unconventional views on disease transmission.

You can't catch a virus," Nagle wrote on Facebook on August 15.

According to her, viruses "are found within to help us detox and get back to balance".

"What if everything you learned wasn't true?" Nagle asked at the start of the post. "Germ theory never been proven. Bacteria aren't bad guys and are actually essential to life. Polio wasn't cause by a virus and its near eradication wasn't due to a [vaccine]. Spanish Flu wasn't caused by a virus.

Rabies is actually from malnourishment and mistreatment," Nagle continued in her post. "Mumps, measles, chickenpox are benign and part of childhood phases essential for development. Contagion has never been proven."

——

Years from now will someone come up with a plausible explanation for how people like this can get the education to become an ICU nurse and then tip over the edge into spongebrain insanity?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    When you are against masks and mandates and are out protesting you are lining up alongside people like this:

“Canadian Frontline Nurses”

Its leader, Kristen Nagle, is a former neonatal intensive care-unit nurse who was fired earlier this year from her hospital. This came after Nagle co-organized an antilockdown rally.

Nagle has some unconventional views on disease transmission.

You can't catch a virus," Nagle wrote on Facebook on August 15.

According to her, viruses "are found within to help us detox and get back to balance".

"What if everything you learned wasn't true?" Nagle asked at the start of the post. "Germ theory never been proven. Bacteria aren't bad guys and are actually essential to life. Polio wasn't cause by a virus and its near eradication wasn't due to a [vaccine]. Spanish Flu wasn't caused by a virus.

Rabies is actually from malnourishment and mistreatment," Nagle continued in her post. "Mumps, measles, chickenpox are benign and part of childhood phases essential for development. Contagion has never been proven."

——

Years from now will someone come up with a plausible explanation for how people like this can get the education to become an ICU nurse and then tip over the edge into spongebrain insanity?
    My wife's cousin is a practicing anesthesiologist and anti vax pro trumper. She move to Florida to be more around her kind..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!