Page 484 of 628 FirstFirst ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 ... LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,100 of 15681
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Test

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    FAIL!

Simple math problem. Can you pass?

Choose one:

A) get covid and .68% chance of death.
    B) get vaccinated and 0.00082% chance of dying from vaccine.

https://covid-101.org/science/whats-...-get-covid-19/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34055843/

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    FAIL!
    It succeeded

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Yeah this is about right. First lockdowns with covid classic unexpectedly gave us elimination. Everyone was surprised and happy, because the aim was suppression (flatten the curve was big here too). NZ did the same thing. We all talked about covid-zero and went outside and lived almost normally.

Lockdowns now are about slowing the spread of Delta until we hit 70%, then 80%+ vaccinated of 16+. 12-15 in the mix now too. Meanwhile lockdown pushes the reff down so the caseload doubles roughly every 11ish days rather than every 2-3. That way hospitals can hopefully handle the surge until most everyone's double jabbed.
    All along the lockdowns were to slow the flow of cases to the hospitals so they can hopefully keep up. Pre vaccines and good masks available for everyone it was more crucial for everyone to stay home full time. With those two tools now available to all we SHOULD be good. Except 30 percent of US adults are behaving like toddlers, including some military and law enforcement.. TODDLERS! Did you see them mocking that student talking about their dead grandparent at the school board meeting ?? Grown assed adults acting like petulant children.. That's all this is..

Um, it makes me nervous.

What makes me the most nervous is that an effective military stays out of politics, but if our friend’s assessments are accurate, politics are becoming forefront in that culture.
    I was honestly wondering what side they would take when finally responding Jan 6th. Another test coming up later this month. With The Capital barricaded off, I'm betting they make a run at The White House this time. Let's hope the military proves loyal to the current administration and Constitution again if they do..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Um, it makes me nervous.

What makes me the most nervous is that an effective military stays out of politics, but if our friendís assessments are accurate, politics are becoming forefront in that culture.
    Thanks for an answer that didn't head towards anger.

I agree it's scary, but I find myself asking, why does nearly 50% of the population feel this way? I can't blame one man, this anger existed way before that. I can't blame stupid, because I know people that are otherwise very smart not getting vaxxed...what the fuck happened?

What a shitshow.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Should we determine political, or personal feelings when taking in new recruits?
    You know... if these political and "personal feelings" involve insurrection, you're goddam right we should not allow them to be in military service.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post

I was honestly wondering what side they would take when finally responding Jan 6th. Another test coming up later this month. With The Capital barricaded off, I'm betting they make a run at The White House this time. Let's hope the military proves loyal to the current administration and Constitution again if they do..
    This is another thing I ponder. The us military isn't supposed to be active on US soil, especially towards its own people. How many of these "dissenters" wouldn't flip to the "rebellion"? How many that stayed could actually shoot another American? Civil war had relatives against relatives, I hope it never comes to that.

Well, let me ask this. How do you feel about the fact that possibly the majority of the "boots on the ground" military feels this way? They defend your freedom daily, yet you dislike their personal choices. Should we determine political, or personal feelings when taking in new recruits?

I don't get the hesitancy either..it's there though in places you may have never imagined. Good friends, coworkers, first responders, nurses, doctors, and on and on...I'm not a person to cut anyone off for what I believe is still a choice..I can think it's stupid personally, doesn't mean it's always wrong.

Personal choice? Getting a tattoo is a personal choice. Getting a vaccine to control a pandemic is not. After all these pages and you still don't get the idea that your freedom, your rights do not allow you to harm you fellow man. Not harming your fellow man is the bare minimum requirement for living in a free society. Besides which when you sign up for the military you agree to do what you're told. And if a soldier is sick in bed with Covid they are not defending my freedom.

Before the CIC mandated vaccines one member of my kid's Special Ops Surgical Team (AF) wasn't vaccinated. The others convinced him on the basis that since they were expected to go everywhere and do everything as a team, if one wasn't vaccinated they all would find themselves restricted any time there was a vaccine requirement to do something or be somewhere--a completely hypothetical situation at the time but it worked.

With the info from TRG. i am 3 to 7days ahead of the austrian media or politicians.
    I constantly laugh about them and how slow they area compared to this thread.

I’m left with a familiar ambient unease that reminds me of being a guero in Taos and a gentile in Utah. Like, it’s mostly no big deal, and 99.99% ok, but sometimes there’s an exceptional situation that reveals an underlying local zeitgeist where I was The Unwelcome Other… And again, that’s all well and good until some shit hits the fan and suddenly you’re in the former Yugoslavia on the losing side of the ethnic cleansing.

That’s the sensation I get when I’m forced to reckon with the supposition that the vast majority of police and military are generally repulsed by my politics...as this past couple years of election/pandemic/civil unrest has revealed. I have a feeling of potential for disaster. So yeah, tidbits about the virulence of the antivax/racism/militia sympathies in law enforcement and the military give me a layer of nervousness I find difficult to shake off.

Thanks for an answer that didn't head towards anger.

I agree it's scary, but I find myself asking, why does nearly 50% of the population feel this way? I can't blame one man, this anger existed way before that. I can't blame stupid, because I know people that are otherwise very smart not getting vaxxed...what the fuck happened?

What a shitshow.

do you mean that fifty percent oppose the mandate or that we are fifty percent vax hesitant? obviously the latter is incorrect if we are 60ish percent vaccinated and i havenít seen anything on the former.
    They got a name for the winners in the world

http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

Well, let me ask this. How do you feel about the fact that possibly the majority of the "boots on the ground" military feels this way? They defend your freedom daily, yet you dislike their personal choices. Should we determine political, or personal feelings when taking in new recruits?

I don't get the hesitancy either..it's there though in places you may have never imagined. Good friends, coworkers, first responders, nurses, doctors, and on and on...I'm not a person to cut anyone off for what I believe is still a choice..I can think it's stupid personally, doesn't mean it's always wrong.

Itís not a choice in the military. You sign a contract and swear an oath. Youíre basically government property. I had to get the anthrax vaccine before it had eua. Kids are fucking soft

Who will be the first metal band to call themselves COVID 19?

Better branding on that one though
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7CAE5C8A-4088-4125-9659-AA6A752269A3.jpeg 
Views:	61 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	385141
    Only one of the big four worth listening to.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Who will be the first metal band to call themselves COVID 19?
    Um
    Logic says…
    Covid 19.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    do you mean that fifty percent oppose the mandate or that we are fifty percent vax hesitant? obviously the latter is incorrect if we are 60ish percent vaccinated and i havenít seen anything on the former.
    No 50% lean with the anti vax sentiment. I'm sptiballing. Many will take the vax to keep their jobs. That likely doesn't change their feelings. I could be way off base, just seems that way.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Itís not a choice in the military. You sign a contract and swear an oath. Youíre basically government property. I had to get the anthrax vaccine before it had eua. Kids are fucking soft

I know they have zero choice. Take it or gtfo. The resentment might never change for many.

The division in this country right now is nothing less than astounding

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    2nd hand hearing a military mom whining about her enlisted kid having to take a dishonorable discharge instead of the vaccine.. Yikes, don't the military already get extra vaccinations before being deployed... and then get real bullets shot at them.. but would rather quit with a DD instead of disobey the cult that is no longer CIC?? We're fucked if this is a popular position in the ranks..
    I say GOOD. Get those political hacks kicked out of the military.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Um
    Logic saysÖ
    Covid 19.
    Name:  Image1631406375.985466.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  8.5 KB

Um
    Logic says…
    Covid 19.
    i like turtles

Shoulda typed 'When will a band call themselves...' but, I didn't do that.

No 50% lean with the anti vax sentiment.
    Anti-vax, as in unlikely to get vaccinated, is much lower than 50%. It's more like 20% with another 10% who are hesitant but not resistant.

One of the reasons why there are so many more deaths in America compared to other countries with similar vax rates is a lot of our anti-vaxers are older (10-15% of the +65) whereas in other countries vax hesitancy is proportionally younger.

Simple math problem. Can you pass?

Choose one:

A) get covid and .68% chance of death.
    B) get vaccinated and 0.00082% chance of dying from vaccine.

https://covid-101.org/science/whats-...-get-covid-19/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34055843/

If your going to be a smart ass at least read your links.

One study is on adverse reactions to vaccines
    ďData on deaths following COVID-19 vaccination were obtained from the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting SystemĒ

And the other also had nothing to do with vaxed vs nonvaxed -> it was about about mortality rate among age groups.

All you calculated was adverse reactions vs. overall mortality. Good job!

So.....even less of a chance of dying?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Yes, and it's not even close. 1-in-500 Americans have already died as a result of Covid. While people have coincidentally died after they also happened to be vaccinated, we're approaching 200 million vacinees and so far there have only been 3 confirmed deaths following the J&J vaccine.