Page 465 of 929 FirstFirst ... 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... LastLast
Results 11,601 to 11,625 of 23206
    I feel like we don't see enough charts like this in the media:

Or this:

It's easy to get lost in the talk about breakthrough cases, efficacy against variants, etc.. But the bottom line is that this vaccine shit works, and if enough people get vaccinated (which doesn't have to be 100%), the pandemic ends and most of us can quit worrying about COVID19. HCWs and epidemiologists will still have to deal with the occasional outbreak, but the rest of us can go back to our lives. Unfortunately it may take a while until we can get there.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    In fairness, a lot of the media coverage over the last couple of months in the US has essentially served to terrify the vaccinated and make the unvaccinated doubt the effectiveness of the vaccines.
    It's crazy. All they have to do is show a vaccinated vs unvaccinated graph and the data speaks for itself. It couldn't be more obvious, but no, people want to take invermectin.

Aug 15th graph from Indiana.
    Name:  6116badf90f0a.image.png
Views: 346
Size:  31.3 KB

or this one

Name:  graph.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  81.1 KB

^ It is crazy. Back in July after reading alarming posts about breakthrough infections occurring in "the most vaccinated countries in the world" in places like Iceland you'd look at the data and it would be something like 6 vaccinated people in the hospital and zero deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    You're not the only person who reads the NYT daily emails buddy, I'm on to you
    If the NYTimes is sending out daily emails saying vaccines work incredibly well then I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Fellow mag sent me this yesterday

https://www.bing.com/search?q=missou...14ACD9A46A3BC2

We are only at 48.7% vaccinated
    So you are in Missouri…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Ding ding ding! ^^This guy gets it.

FTR, I am NOT being anti-vaccine here. However, people like bennymac and others here completely fail to grasp the point I was trying to make. How am I wrong in that even if we achieve 100% immunization, it will do jack shit about preventing variants from OTHER countries? Some of which the vaccine seems to offer great resistance toward, however others perhaps not so much. The only answer I'm hearing about are the so-called "boosters," but what's to say THOSE won't lose efficacy over time either too? Perhaps they won't. Perhaps it will be fine. I'm erring on the side of get your vaccine. Protec yourself. However, it's ok to wonder what things are going to look like later on down the road. People here are SO adverse to open conversation, though.
    This post sums up why people don’t want to have an open conversation with YOU. You have no idea what you’re talking about. Did you know that other countries have diseases that are endemic and that we don’t have to deal with because of high percentages of vaccinated people? As far as effectiveness against Covid and it’s variants the vaccines are very effective at protecting people from serious illness and death, like most vaccines. The faulty headlines about waning effectiveness have been explained here and links have been provided to explain why. I’m not sure why you posted “so called “boosters””. They are boosters and lots of vaccines require them and that too has been explained ad nauseum.

You choose not to read and/or lack the comprehension to understand the issues. Maybe you’re just trying to be edgy but you come across as simple and ignorant with these
    so called “open” posts.

Agreed. In the whole "ermargerd! teh antibodies!" conversation, too often people forget about that T-cell memory. I agree that vaccination should still prove to be a good safeguard long term regardless of antibody count.
    This is the complete opposite of what you posted earlier this morning. How can you agree with something you have no understanding of?

And thus, the news media. Definitely been sensationalizing the heck out of the scary sounding variants.

That said, they were kind of right about Delta being no freaking joke.
    I think his post was about you

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    It's crazy. All they have to do is show a vaccinated vs unvaccinated graph and the data speaks for itself. It couldn't be more obvious, but no, people want to take invermectin.

Aug 15th graph from Indiana.
    Name:  6116badf90f0a.image.png
Views: 346
Size:  31.3 KB

or this one

Name:  graph.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  81.1 KB
    But those unvaccinated deaths are probably something else. I know it’s the same as my hospital Covid census but that’s only anecdotal

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    It's so weird how the brain works. A year ago we were trying to convince you that this possibility made it important for you and other "lower risk" people to mask and SD and now you're so concerned about it that you seem to over-estimate the risk.
    Hear, hear. It's amazing the amount of hoops some people are willing to jump through to somehow come to the conclusion that vaccines and other mitigation strategies aren't worthwhile.

Be safe out there, Idaho Mags; “crisis standards of care”…..
    https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...106009093?s=21

Good job you anti-vax fuckheads!

“I was wrong about just about everything. Repeatedly. Even when shown the facts I would loop back after visiting Facebook or other shitty sources of information and regurgitate what I read there. Now that I’m starting to understand how wrong I was and what small role I played in furthering disinformation I’m forced to face the reality of my failings. But instead of doing that I’ll protect my ego and instead I’ll blame…the media”

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    “I was wrong about just about everything. Repeatedly. Even when shown the facts I would loop back after visiting Facebook or other shitty sources of information and regurgitate what I read there. Now that I’m starting to understand how wrong I was and what small role I played in furthering disinformation I’m forced to face the reality of my failings. But instead of doing that I’ll protect my ego and instead I’ll blame…the media”
    WE should just skip to this post from now on when responding to Dumbfuckey
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    WE should just skip to this post from now on when responding to Dumbfuckey
    I find myself thinking about one of concretejungle's funnier posts. He was referring to Austin here. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210907-121725.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	384740

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    WE should just STOP QUOTING OR responding to Dumbfuckey
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    We had our own home grown variants- B.1.429 (California) was the first to document the L452R mutation found in Delta, the B.1.526 (NY, Iota) had the E484K mutation found in Beta, Gamma, Mu...the same mutations keep popping up, so far presenting a minimal level immune evasion potential but great potential for news cycle hysteria.

Like skiing in avalanche terrain. There is no piece of equipment that elimates all risk, but there are devices and actions we have to help minimize risk. We recognize that not wearing a transceiver since some people who wear transceivers still die in avalanches is not good risk management.

5.5 billion doses given worldwide.
    Good stuff. Thanks for saving me a couple hours trying to figure that out.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    We had our own home grown variants- B.1.429 (California) was the first to document the L452R mutation found in Delta, the B.1.526 (NY, Iota) had the E484K mutation found in Beta, Gamma, Mu...the same mutations keep popping up, so far presenting a minimal level immune evasion potential but great potential for news cycle hysteria.

Like skiing in avalanche terrain. There is no piece of equipment that elimates all risk, but there are devices and actions we have to help minimize risk. We recognize that not wearing a transceiver since some people who wear transceivers still die in avalanches is not good risk management.

5.5 billion doses given worldwide.
    The anitvaxxers i know are all now in on the idea that vaccines cause variants. They don’t seem to care that delta and others existed before vaccine rollouts. They keep digging up articles mentioning variants can result from mutations in vaccinated people and that’s their new mantra why vaccines are bad. At least for this afternoon

She even found a headline on NPR (I’m surprised she would even click on such a commie liberal site)
    https://www.npr.org/2021/02/09/96570...-98lQNhs4g4VxY

https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-v...yizMiZBNdAOtFo
    Last edited by mcski; 09-07-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    The anitvaxxers i know are all now in on the idea that vaccines cause variants. They don’t seem to care that delta and others existed before vaccine rollouts. They keep digging up articles mentioning variants can result from mutations in vaccinated people and that’s their new mantra why vaccines are bad. At least for this afternoon
    Have one of these on my Facebook. It's very weird.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Unfriend. Delete Facebook.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

" As a virologist I’m shocked my work has been hijacked by anti-vaxxers "

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...1ZQOF9MqPRzaVw
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I find myself thinking about one of concretejungle's funnier posts. He was referring to Austin here. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210907-121725.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	384740
    Ha! The troll who doesn't try to troll but is just naturally trollish
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    So you are in Missouri…

https://www.bing.com/search?q=colora...ANNTA1&PC=U531

' hope this is helpful to you, Kinnikinnik -

respectfully. skiJ
    Last edited by skiJ; 09-07-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Hey guys, I WAS trolling in my previous disingenuous responses and inane shitposts but this time I am sincerely here for honest and open dialogue.

Let's debate!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Hear, hear. It's amazing the amount of hoops some people are willing to jump through to somehow come to the conclusion that vaccines and other mitigation strategies aren't worthwhile.
    Wasn't everyone talking about herd immunity just a few months ago? Now it's gone from "everyone has been infected, the pandemic is about to be over" to "vaccines are useless because they're not 100%".

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Wasn't everyone talking about herd immunity just a few months ago? Now it's gone from "everyone has been infected, the pandemic is about to be over" to "vaccines are useless because they're not 100%".
    Correction.. It's gone to "we didn't get enough people vaccinated fast enough to prevent vaccine resistant mutations from emerging". Why couldn't we get enough adults vaccinated fast enough??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Be safe out there, Idaho Mags; “crisis standards of care”…..
    https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...106009093?s=21

Good job you anti-vax fuckheads!
    Was hanging out with some medical folks late last week including an ER doc in charge of the department here and they are so sick of unvaccinated people clogging the works. He said this was coming.

He told me the standard of care in the ICU is either one or two nurses to one patient and the ER is one nurse to 5-6 patients. Had an auto accident come in that should have been ICU…no beds so he sat in the ER for 48 hours. The cool part, he was in an induced coma and shit himself for the 48 hours because they didn’t have staff for the care. While he was taking up an ER bed, there was about a four hour wait in the ER check in.

The other guy I was hanging with is in anesthesia who normally works in the OR and has been pulled off OR to intubate Covid patients. He hasn’t intubated a vaccinated person yet. And electives are now postponed again. He said they’re losing otherwise healthy people in their 40s and he just assisted on a C section of a covid positive unvaccinated mom. He left after surgery and was off for the weekend but the prognosis was mom wasn’t going to make it and 50/50 on the premature baby.

Yes, I can’t source this for you if you don’t believe what they told but my friends in the medical field are flat worn out and I’m not sure how they find a way to continue to serve unvaccinated dumbfucks.