Page 446 of 929 FirstFirst ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 ... LastLast
Results 11,126 to 11,150 of 23206

What variant are we up to now? And will we run out of greek letters at some point?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    What variant are we up to now? And will we run out of greek letters at some point?
    Omega... have you ever seen The Omega Man? Based on a book called I am Legend...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Death by delta delta delta?

The tri-deltas at Syracuse could fuck like champs.

WHO saying new Mu variant from Columbia may be vaccine resistant

Bye

Booner is hoping for some Omega Mu action.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Death by delta delta delta?
    Deltas don’t get mad. They get even!

I just got my regular flu shot. I'm starting to feel like a human pincushion.

Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post

Bye
    I think we're gonna have two choices. Live in the woods like a hermit, or just keep getting shots forever. This is like a virus whack a mole game.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I just got my regular flu shot. I'm starting to feel like a human pincushion.
    I got my second shingles jab yesterday. Sore arm, overall achiness, some lethargy.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    What a bunch of babies. You can't skim past people's post who you don't care about what they have to say? I've lived in places dominated by the right (Salt Lake City, Colorado Springs) and dominated by the left (Seattle, Portland, Olympia). You don't want any discussion to be dominated by one point of view. But you have me on ignore so you'll just keep on bitching. Keep TGR homogeneous!
    the problems is, the deniers (usually the far R), don't know the difference between an opinion and a lie

Bye
    That was probably only a matter of time.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I got my second shingles jab yesterday. Sore arm, overall achiness, some lethargy.
    I've got to go in for that fairly soon... and the flu shot... and maybe a COVID booster? Also recently got a TDAP booster, since I'd not had a tetanus shot in... forever?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...test-1.6161817

this ^^ was pretty fucked up

The crayon eaters were protesting at hospitols, hassleing the staff who were coming or going to work a 12hr shift taking care of covid patients 80% of which were there because they didnt vax

why demonstrate at a hospitol is beyond me
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    The tri-deltas at Syracuse could fuck like champs.
    At Colorado they said one could always “Tri-a-delta”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

In a 5 week period: COVID#3, TDAP, HPV#1, and Influenza. #pincushion
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    In a 5 week period: COVID#3, TDAP, HPV#1, and Influenza. #pincushion
    Curious about HPV. Assuming you are not a pre-teen. There's a protocol for middle-aged people?

Bye
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    That was probably only a matter of time.
    Evolution is a numbers game. That’s why reducing infections matters. It's a lottery where a random winning combination makes a mutation more infectiousness or more capable of immune evasion etc. But the mutations are often a tradeoff. It's not necessarily more infectiousness and more capable of immune evasion, it's either or.

Viruses are also often bounded by how far they can mutate. With SARS2 the spike still has to fit on the ACE receptor, for example. Because Delta is more infectiousness it's currently massively out competing all the other variants right now. That's the bad news. The good news, Delta is closer to the original Wuhan strain than the other variants of concern which means we don't need a Delta-specific vaccine.

In the future we could see a variant rise to prominence that's better at spreading in partly protected humans like the Beta or Mu variants. While that could necessitate an updated vaccine, immune evasion is typically not some catastrophic thing. It doesn't mean previous hard won protection from vaccination or infection disappears. It's more like a gradual erosion. And in the process of gaining more immune evasion the variant gives something up in return.

Move over Rogan... step up Candace Owen. I'm not sure what her politics are (ha ha because this isn't polyass) but this person has a bit of a history crusading against masks and vaccines and so on. Well, suddenly she thinks she has the hoax virus, and the private facility in Aspen CO where she wanted a Covid test refused to have anything to do with her, on account of her being a pro-Covid propagandist. So she goes and rants on Twitter etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Move over Rogan... step up Candace Owen. I'm not sure what her politics are (ha ha because this isn't polyass) but this person has a bit of a history crusading against masks and vaccines and so on. Well, suddenly she thinks she has the hoax virus, and the private facility in Aspen CO where she wanted a Covid test refused to have anything to do with her, on account of her being a pro-Covid propagandist. So she goes and rants on Twitter etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...test-1.6161817

this ^^ was pretty fucked up

The crayon eaters were protesting at hospitols, hassleing the staff who were coming or going to work a 12hr shift taking care of covid patients 80% of which were there because they didnt vax

why demonstrate at a hospitol is beyond me
    For all the talk about listening to different points of view, it's not an exaggeration to say a lot these alternative worldviews either implicitly or explicitly deny the Germ Theory of disease. In a lot of ways they have more in common with flat earthers than anything else.

The Candace Owen response and the response to Joe Rogan is another example. There's all these people arguing they were right all along about ivermectin, or healthy living, or whatever, but fail to recognize that while most people recover regardless he also essentially got vaccinated. He just skipped a step and went straight to an infusion of synthetic antibodies.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Move over Rogan... step up Candace Owen. I'm not sure what her politics are.
    Her politics: she chortles Trump's ball sack and regurgitates Ben Shapiro talking points.

I like how she connects it to politics instead of what the tester said, which was her spreading of misinformation.

Squares with her whole schtick though - being offended and aggrieved about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Legal permanent residents do have SS numbers.

I know because I did when I was one.
    You can get one without permanent resident status as well. I got a SS number when I first moved here and didn't have my green card yet. Can't remember if I still had my TN visa (Nafta professional) or whatever short term visa I got after that. Having a SS number does not confer any sort of immigration or visa status, it just helps identify a person to assist with reporting and collecting taxes. So the SS card I got was stamped "Not authorized for employment" or something like that. Once I got my green card I was able to get a normal one without that stamp. Same SS number on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    That was probably only a matter of spread.
    FIFY

Make men, men again!

GOP Candidate Suggests Forcibly Removing School Board Members Over Mask Mandates

A Republican running for office in Pennsylvania is under fire after threatening to physically remove school board members who attempt to enact mask mandates.

This past weekend, Steve Lynch, who is running for Northampton County Executive, gave a speech at a “Freedom Rally” in Harrisburg where he chillingly suggested forcibly removing elected officials who don’t do things his way.

“Forget going into these school boards with freaking data. You go into these school boards to remove them,” Lynch said, later adding, “I’m going in with 20 strong men and I’m gonna give them an option — they can leave or they can be removed,” he said.

Lynch then turned his threat into a call to arms to other dudes who apparently think “might makes right” is a valid legal argument.

He suggested that forcing school board members to resign over a rule designed to help public safety would “make men men again”:

Men, where are you? Men. Wake up, smell the coffee. Let’s go. Make men great again. Make men men again. Men, men. Let’s go, men, I need you. I need you in the coming weeks because when we walk into those school boards, we’re gonna have everything we need to do to go in there with those 9-0 school boards that voted to put these masks back on the children with no scientific — it’s done.

He added: “This is how you get stuff done.”

Lynch told the audience of 200, “When I see criminals trying to take my rights and my beautiful children and everything they are going to do, you’re going to have to take my life. I’ll die on this hill.”

And speaking of hills: The Pennsylvania Capital-Star noted that Lynch attended Trump’s “Stop the Steal” rally on Jan. 6, which preceded the storming of the U.S. Capitol.

Although Lynch said he didn’t engage in violence at the rally, he has spread discredited conspiracy theories that the riot was fomented by left-wing groups. He also said he does not believe Joe Biden fairly won the 2020 presidential election.

Lamont McClure, who is Lynch’s opponent in November, told the Capital-Star that law enforcement needs to investigate Lynch for the remarks.

He added that since Lynch “participated and tried to incite a coup to overthrow our nation,” it “doesn’t surprise me at all that he’s threatening local school boards with violence.”

HuffPost reached out to Lynch for comment but he did not immediately respond.

But Twitter users had some thoughts. (click link above to read tweets).
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism