Page 389 of 628 FirstFirst ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,725 of 15681
    we seem to believe that providing direct care to the sick and old among us is one of the worst jobs a person can have
    It probably is, all the more reason to provide good wages and benefits AND respect.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

Pfizer got full FDA approval. Antivaxxers abandon all their resistance and America rejoices.

The two major hospital networks in this area (upstate SC) are working together to roll out a vaccine mandate at the same time to mitigate employee migration. Pathetic something like that is needed. Even then it is largely toothless. Another hospital across the state with a mandate in place quoted 2-3,000 medical or religious exemptions already granted for 17,000 staff.
    Last edited by Mazderati; 08-23-2021 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Yeah, but then sick and old people would likely find themselves without enough people to care for them at all. We definitely need to let go of the notion that HC workers across the spectrum are any different or "smarter" than the average person. Clearly that is not the case. As a society we seem to believe that providing direct care to the sick and old among us is one of the worst jobs a person can have, as reflected in the pay and level of respect given to those who spend the most time with patients (mostly nursing assistants). So we get what we get.
    Itís a moral and ethical obligation for healthcare workers to get vaccinated for everything, not just Covid. Iíve never questioned this and Iíve been working in healthcare for 33 years. If you want the privilege of caring for others itís part of the deal. Too many ego centric people in this country

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm guessing the vast majority of the unvaccinated in healthcare would choose to get the shots over losing their jobs. Maslow's Hierarchy, etc.

If Medicare would just declare that it was mandatory across the board for healthcare workers to get vaccinated or else facilities would no longer receive reimbursement it wouldnít be an issue. There would be no place for these unvaccinated to go work. They already do this for other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Pfizer got full FDA approval. Antivaxxers abandon all their resistance and America rejoices.
    Now that's done, I can't wait for the coming pathetic narrative adjustment. Will they still use the phrase: "experimental vaccine" and the like?

So all the anti vaxxers I know personally are the same ones pushing any type of treatments on FB. Their plan is to get treated after they get it and that's how we're going to get out of this mess, that and their immune systems are vastly superior to mere mortals so they likely won't get covid anyways.

Got some friends that just yesterday were still celebrating the effectiveness of zinc, ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine and see those treatments as our path forward.

fuck them, like really at this point

Washing hands frequently leads to dryness. Sanitation measures in operating rooms are a PIA. I’m hoping that segment of health care workers continue their Freedumb crusade and get exemptions from all hygiene protocols.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Washing hands frequently leads to dryness. Sanitation measures in operating rooms are a PIA. Iím hoping that segment of health care workers continue their Freedumb crusade and get exemptions from all hygiene protocols.
    Facetious? Experience?

What's this about a new vaccine?

Just got 3rd shot. 3 Pfizer shots, ah ah ah!
    Still don't really have side effects. So....like.....is this working?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    So all the anti vaxxers I know personally are the same ones pushing any type of treatments on FB.
    It's bizarre, isn't it? They don't trust vaccines that have now been administered five billion times, but they're perfectly willing to try any other kind of screwball treatment because someone on Facebook said it worked for their sister's boss' daughter. The more vetted something is, the less they believe it. Truly the Bizarro World.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It's bizarre, isn't it? They don't trust vaccines that have now been administered five billion times, but they're perfectly willing to try any other kind of screwball treatment because someone on Facebook said it worked for their sister's boss' daughter. The more vetted something is, the less they believe it. Truly the Bizarro World.
    and though they would refuse the jab because its only EUA they will happily take Regeneron.
    ďWhen you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Because regeneron = the stuff that cured trump

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Yeah, but then sick and old people would likely find themselves without enough people to care for them at all. We definitely need to let go of the notion that HC workers across the spectrum are any different or "smarter" than the average person. Clearly that is not the case. As a society we seem to believe that providing direct care to the sick and old among us is one of the worst jobs a person can have, as reflected in the pay and level of respect given to those who spend the most time with patients (mostly nursing assistants). So we get what we get.
    Not if you mandate it.

Those antivaxxers wonít commit financial suicide by not working.

Wonít happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

This all circles back to "my choice/my solution vs the government's forced solution," no matter how convoluted the route to their solution is.

The mindset (and fear driving it) is all predicated on the need for control and individual "liberty." Social media and online dissemination has massively fueled the spread of unvetted and idiotic ideology among people who are already predisposed to poor judgement: People with an inability to critical think, an inability to understand the scientific/research/medical processes, a fixed low-IQ, people who can't confront their own emotions/self-image and are hung up on their own pride to not change their position and unfortunately many people who, through the mechanisms of our society, have been pushed into a position to distrust and inability to integrate into the majority mindset of modern American/Western World ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Now that's done, I can't wait for the coming pathetic narrative adjustment. Will they still use the phrase: "experimental vaccine" and the like?
    Naaaa now it goes back to the "rushed process" narrative.

I know acquaintances at the local bar who will drop some MDMA or swig Acid laced water from a pop bottle that they bought off a sketchy local criminal

but they aint gona get the Vax
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

A hippy woman in my FB network (from burning man) is a is anti-vax. She got the covid and is now 2+ weeks of missing work, no smell, tired all the time, etc. Nothing serious but she's trying all the stuff...colloidal silver, herbs, etc. now she's even going for a "sound bath". I really want to lay into her but just watching this comedy of errors on FB is reward enough.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    The mindset (and fear driving it) is all predicated on the need for control and individual "liberty."
    Yet these are many of the same people who've made a big deal out of things like Vietnam era draft dodgers. Seems like they're awfully selective about which "government forced solutions" they're okay with and which ones they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    A hippy woman in my FB network (from burning man) is a is anti-vax. She got the covid and is now 2+ weeks of missing work, no smell, tired all the time, etc. Nothing serious but she's trying all the stuff...colloidal silver, herbs, etc. now she's even going for a "sound bath". I really want to lay into her but just watching this comedy of errors on FB is reward enough.
    Wait. A sound bath??? WTF is that??? And while it won't cure her covid, she probably needs a real bath.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Not if you mandate it.

Those antivaxxers wonít commit financial suicide by not working.

Wonít happen.

In my area, Iím starting to see divisions. Several schools or classes quarantined last week after one week of school. Parents had to stay home from work with their quarantined kids. Iíve witnessed some of these parents change and lessen their rhetoric.

Some parents (and non-parents) seem to think that the kids should be able to be in school (w/o masks) regardless of whether they are sick. I think they may be pushing for stricter lockdowns so that they can hit the streets with guns out (literally). Itís a fucking shame. Using children as their pawns.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    In my area, Iím starting to see divisions. Several schools or classes quarantined last week after one week of school. Parents had to stay home from work with their quarantined kids. Iíve witnessed some of these parents change and lessen their rhetoric.

Some parents (and non-parents) seem to think that the kids should be able to be in school (w/o masks) regardless of whether they are sick. I think they may be pushing for stricter lockdowns so that they can hit the streets with guns out (literally). Itís a fucking shame. Using children as their pawns.
    Theyíre pissed that their state sponsored child care is being fucked with. Do you really think these idiots care about education? Kids donít care about masks and are incredibly resilient

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Theyíre pissed that their state sponsored child care is being fucked with. Do you really think these idiots care about education? Kids donít care about masks and are incredibly resilient

I totally agree. This is fodder for the insurgent peeps.