Page 620 of 620 FirstFirst ... 615 616 617 618 619 620
Results 15,476 to 15,487 of 15487
  1. #15476
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,634
    Arm is still sore at 28hrs starting 12 hours after pfizer#3. Felt a little feverish but not enough to check my temp. It is after all 72F outside in VT in October. Feeling a little run down and tired but not terrible. Got my arm moving around yesterday by doing some Nordic Walking. On-call today so I can't leave the property.

  2. #15477
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    They are just following my lead.

    I do wish I could have gotten the half dose of Moderna for my second (third, if you count the J&J) jab. Side effects were a bitch and lasted 3 days. Combining it with the flu shot may not have been the best plan.
    My shingles 1 shot made me tired for three days. Also glad I didn't get it with the flu shot. I got it Friday and it wasn't till Tuesday that I was fully back to normal. Flu shot didn't effect me at all.

    As soon as the 11 year old can get her Pfizer we are getting it. Probabky going to go with a 30 day interval instead of 20 for dose 2.

    Thoughts on extending the interval to the standard Moderna interval anyone? It just seems to make sense. Especially given that she will be getting a neutered kids sized dose, not the full Pfizer dose.

  3. #15478
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,353
    I believe the reports I read for adults was second dose at 30 - 60 days provided comparable immunity with fewer 'side effects' .

    - emphasis - these were adult vaccinations --

    tj

  4. #15479
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Thoughts on extending the interval to the standard Moderna interval anyone?
    The safest plan is to ignore the advice of internet strangers and do what the manufacturer/FDA recommends. That said, there are two main opposing things to consider. The first is the more time between doses, waiting a month or more according to research, the better the immune response.

    The second consideration, which goes against the first, is the first dose or prime dose provides significantly less protection than full prime+boost vaccination. A breakthrough infection is much more likely to occur in a partially or recently vaccinated person than it is for a fully vaccinated person, regardless of dose interval, several weeks after a second dose.
    Last edited by MultiVerse; Today at 01:19 PM.

  5. #15480
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,117
    Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    I believe the reports I read for adults was second dose at 30 - 60 days provided comparable immunity with fewer 'side effects' .

    - emphasis - these were adult vaccinations --

    tj
    Do you have any sources you can cite for fewer side effects? I've been looking for evidence of that and it seems like Canada and the UK should have it but I haven't found it directly.

    If that proves true, taking a longer interval may be an offramp for some of the obstinate and a confidence builder for the fearful. First shot ASAP wouldn't hurt, either.

  6. #15481
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    7,045
    Yeah, it is 10 days of measurably increased risk, mitigated because we still have mask mandates at school....tenuous at best since we are relying on a court order...and as a family we are all taking extra precautions...then potentially months of a little less risk with our family letting our guard down and living an immersed life. Countering that is the infection environment might be better in the future (ie less community covid) than now.

    People smarter than me said 20 days. But since then a lot has happened. But the CDC and Pfizer are less flexible to change the interval than I am.

    As an 11 year old her risk of severe illness/death isn't huge to begin with. So the first dose should get us to a safer place than it would a 50 yo since the starting line is different. /conjecture

    Thanks for the input. Going to continue think on this.





    Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

  7. #15482
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    5,512
    I feel for you folks having to manage this with younger kids. That dynamic changes everything post adult and older teen vaccines. Hoping they can (and will) all get the jabs ASAP.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  8. #15483
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,353
    jono-

    might take me 'til morning to look --

    tj

  9. #15484
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,020
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Do you have any sources you can cite for fewer side effects? I've been looking for evidence of that and it seems like Canada and the UK should have it but I haven't found it directly.

    If that proves true, taking a longer interval may be an offramp for some of the obstinate and a confidence builder for the fearful. First shot ASAP wouldn't hurt, either.
    it was 4 months to get #2 pfizer shot up here but not for any reason except that there wasnt enough vax so they stretched out what they did have to get more of #1 in people
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  10. #15485
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    11,757
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Arm is still sore at 28hrs starting 12 hours after pfizer#3. Felt a little feverish but not enough to check my temp. It is after all 72F outside in VT in October. Feeling a little run down and tired but not terrible. Got my arm moving around yesterday by doing some Nordic Walking. On-call today so I can't leave the property.
    Happy for you. My body quickly recognized the invaders in Pfizer#3 and mounted an intense, two day, near-nuclear mission to repel.
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  11. #15486
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    5,512
    I'd be fine with a couple days of fever to avoid a ventilator. Neither the virus on December 2020 nor the doses of Moderna did much to me. Lost smell for 5-6 days with COVID. Still thinking it is possible I had COVID when I was sick early Feb of 2020. Daughter and I both got something really nasty about that time.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  12. #15487
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,634
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'd be fine with a couple days of fever to avoid a ventilator.
    Word.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •