Page 530 of 929 FirstFirst ... 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ... LastLast
Results 13,226 to 13,250 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    The hot girl on fb keeps telling me to look at VAERS, 25k dead including 28 children. I tried to point out that even if that was true 28k is still very small compared to total vaxxes given but she insists this is a huge coverup.
    Yeah... VAERS is the latest chart this friend has sent me.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    The hot girl on fb keeps telling me to look at VAERS, 25k dead including 28 children. I tried to point out that even if that was true 28k is still very small compared to total vaxxes given but she insists this is a huge coverup.
    From VAERS FAQ (https://vaers.hhs.gov/faq.html), emphasis mine:

Who can report to VAERS?

VAERS accepts reports from anyone. Patients, parents, caregivers and healthcare providers (HCP) are encouraged to report adverse events after vaccination to VAERS even if it is not clear that the vaccine caused the adverse event. In addition, HCP are required to report certain adverse events after vaccination.

Are all adverse events reported to VAERS caused by vaccines?

No. Some adverse events might be caused by vaccination and others might be coincidental and not related to vaccination. Just because an adverse event happened after a person received a vaccine does not mean the vaccine caused the adverse event.

VAERS accepts reports of adverse events following vaccination without judging the cause or seriousness of the event. VAERS is not designed to determine if a vaccine caused an adverse event, but it is good at detecting unusual or unexpected patterns of reporting that might indicate possible safety problems that need a closer look.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    There's been an interesting spike in dubious social media claims lately. A lot more: "I got it and now have XYZ" or the uncollaborated "my wife's cousin's friend's sister in-law's coworker got it and died". Russian trolls, liars, mentally ill and bad-faith amplifiers. I seem to remember, many months back, Montucky claimed that several friends had severe reactions including (IIRC) bells palsy. Haven't heard about that since. Hmmmmm.
    Sorry. You do not recall correctly. Never known anyone with bells palsy. Only bad reaction I saw at the beginning of the vaccine release was a young woman who suffered a stroke day after the shot. Then KQ schooled me on the prevalence of strokes and young women, and it perhaps it being more correlating to birth control and other factors. I admitted that I was not aware of that and haven't said squat since. Also haven't known anyone anything like that's happened to either. After more time has gone on, I've come to accept the vaccine, but everyone here loves to be stuck in the past when it comes to old arguments we may have made. As is tradition on the internet, so it's all good.

As to your greater point about social media, I might actually agree with you. Makes you wonder if social media at large is the root of a LOT of our problems these days. Whether it be dubious information being spread more rapidly/easier than it would otherwise, or the many ever-growing divides we've all been witnessing. I think Twitter, Facebook, etc. is the root of a lot of evil IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Sorry. You do not recall correctly. Never known anyone with bells palsy. Only bad reaction I saw at the beginning of the vaccine release was a young woman who suffered a stroke day after the shot.
    Ah yes. The stroke. So, is this poor gal vax injured? Sorry about the bells palsy reference, that was some other disinformation from some other disinformation spreader.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    He wasn't disagreeing with you...he said the same thing is happening in Canada. It's because of the antivaccinating covidiots.
    well he is a fucking idiot troll so he has to troll something while ignoring the idea I put forth

that anti vaxers in Canada are clogging up ICU's just like the anti vaxxers are clogging up ICU's in America

so how the HC is funded has nothing to do with overflowing ICU's

there are overflowing ICU's in both countries due to Covidiots
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well he is a fucking idiot troll so he has to troll something while ignoring the idea I put forth

that anti vaxers in Canada are clogging up ICU's just like the anti vaxxers are clogging up ICU's in America

Right. And as a result Canadian HC workers are getting burnt out just like they are here. So WTF was his point other than being a moron.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Morans gona moran eh

that anti vaxers in Alberta are clogging up ICU's just like the anti vaxxers are clogging up ICU's in America

Fixed that for you.

ICU capacity across the rest of the country seems to be holding steady. Ontario is actually seeing a slight decline week-over-week. Not to say there aren't dumbass antivaxxers here, it's just there's way less of 'em.

Actually it has everything to do with the overflowing ICUs. It's not a shortage of physical beds at hospitals. It's a lack of "available" beds, which has to do with staffing, equipment, etc. This in turn DOES lead to worker burnout, which furthers the problem. Nursing burnout is nothing new as hospitals have been trying to cut costs forever, but COVID's definitely made things worse than ever on that front.

Again, perhaps if hospitals hadn't cut so much staff during all of 2020, they wouldn't have quite so much burnout, and would be in a far better capacity to handle this Delta surge.

Chicken vs egg?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Ah yes. The stroke. So, is this poor gal vax injured?
    Read. My. Entire. Post. You know. Beyond the last period of what you quoted. SMH...

He's not fully vaccinated correct? got the first jab but not the second?

also, regarding the Spokane area, is it correct to say it is less stringent with enforcing the State's masking requirements than other metro areas like Seattle or Olympia?
    I'm ashamed to know this, but he said he got both shots.

Actually it has everything to do with the overflowing ICUs. It's not a shortage of physical beds at hospitals. It's a lack of "available" beds, which has to do with staffing, equipment, etc. This in turn DOES lead to worker burnout, which furthers the problem. Nursing burnout is nothing new as hospitals have been trying to cut costs forever, but COVID's definitely made things worse than ever on that front.

Again, perhaps if hospitals hadn't cut so much staff during all of 2020, they wouldn't have quite so much burnout, and would be in a far better capacity to handle this Delta surge.

Chicken vs egg?
    lmao the staffing issues that are happening now is because our heathcare funding has been bled dry for the past 20+ years, not COVID burnout. I mean it certainly doesn't help, but that's not the cause of the illness here.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Fixed that for you.

ICU capacity across the rest of the country seems to be holding steady. Ontario is actually seeing a slight decline week-over-week. Not to say there aren't dumbass antivaxxers here, it's just there's way less of 'em.
    no you are wrong its happening right here in my town and anywhere anti vaxxers have become sick and clogged the ICU

a rodeo , church, big church wedding, a large gathering of drunks eating BBQ and yehaw we got an overloaded ICU, they are shipping other pateints off

I've had a few friends move to northern Idaho because they can't stand all the restrictions that Gov. Brown has put in place in Oregon. It's a weird reaction...the idea that putting on a mask, SD'ing, and getting vaccinated is so difficult that they felt the need to upend their lives and move away. Seemingly the idea these folks share is that they would rather keep the pandemic going than move on from it out of fear of the other political team getting a win.
    Is there someplace on the world wide web where free speech is so prized that doxing these transplants might be tolerated? Asking for a friend.

It's an op ed piece. No need for stats. One man's (?) opinion.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    From VAERS FAQ (https://vaers.hhs.gov/faq.html), emphasis mine:

Who can report to VAERS?

VAERS accepts reports from anyone. Patients, parents, caregivers and healthcare providers (HCP) are encouraged to report adverse events after vaccination to VAERS even if it is not clear that the vaccine caused the adverse event. In addition, HCP are required to report certain adverse events after vaccination.

Are all adverse events reported to VAERS caused by vaccines?

No. Some adverse events might be caused by vaccination and others might be coincidental and not related to vaccination. Just because an adverse event happened after a person received a vaccine does not mean the vaccine caused the adverse event.

VAERS accepts reports of adverse events following vaccination without judging the cause or seriousness of the event. VAERS is not designed to determine if a vaccine caused an adverse event, but it is good at detecting unusual or unexpected patterns of reporting that might indicate possible safety problems that need a closer look.
    So, VAERS = Wikipedia. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    So, VAERS = Wikipedia. Nice.
    It's actually worse than Wikipedia the way it's described up there.

no you are wrong its happening right here in my town and anywhere anti vaxxers have become sick and clogged the ICU

a rodeo , church, big church wedding, a large gathering of drunks eating BBQ and yehaw we got an overloaded ICU, they are shipping other pateints off
    Hmm. I stand corrected.

Hope that turns around soon. Although I would suspect it doesn't take much to overrun ICUs in northern BC. They probably ship people out to the cities a lot already.

Here in Onterrible I think the number during a normal flu season is 110% capacity. Which is astoundingly ridiculous.

Chicken vs egg?
    I understand you " did your research " but NO you are wrong, real doctors are telling me covidiots are clogging ICU and then denying they have covid

obviously there isnt unlimited HC resources anywhere but things wer ticking along fine until anti vaxers clogged the ICU,

almost all the ICU patients were not vaccinated and it was preventable

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    You’ve got some stats to back all this up, right?
    How about this? I know someone who recently got wrecked by Covid. Yes, vax'd, so don't go there. I went to go visit them at the ICU. One of the primary Covid care facilities in town. I saw it all over the local news about how overflowing the ICUs were, just as you all had heard. So, I thought it would be interesting to see what the reality was for myself. Place was a goddam ghost town. Since I finally scored a pass for entry, after making it past security up front, I decided to snoop around. 1st and 2nd floors were deserted. Mostly empty. 3rd floor was where the action was, and even that was 1/2 empty. Had a good chat with the ICU doc who was taking care of my friend and he told me how bad staffing was, how they've had to get so many travelling nurses, and how furious he was with the higher ups that they canned so many people when they knew damn well these surges were coming. The burnout was real. I could see it in him. I could see it in the staff. Same hospital chain btw that I was mentioning gave their CEO like $30MM last year.

So I'm not just pulling this stuff out of thin air. I'm relaying what I witnessed first hand. Had gotten to know much of the staff and helped out wherever I could up there on repeat visits. Been holding off on sharing even this because I know how much shit I'll catch, but it's the truth. Our hospitals are not overflowing. It's an "available bed" issue like I've been trying to say.

The sleepy ICU:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COV ICU.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	205.7 KB 
ID:	386258

The person I know on ventilation. Was intubated here, but now on trach these days:

Name:	Cov Vent.jpg 
Size:	331.0 KB 
ID:	386259

That good enough data for you?

How about this? I know someone who recently got wrecked by Covid. Yes, vax'd, so don't go there. I went to go visit them at the ICU. One of the primary Covid care facilities in town. I saw it all over the local news about how overflowing the ICUs were, just as you all had heard. So, I thought it would be interesting to see what the reality was for myself. Place was a goddam ghost town. Since I finally scored a pass for entry, after making it past security up front, I decided to snoop around. 1st and 2nd floors were deserted. Mostly empty. 3rd floor was where the action was, and even that was 1/2 empty. Had a good chat with the ICU doc who was taking care of my friend and he told me how bad staffing was, how they've had to get so many travelling nurses, and how furious he was with the higher ups that they canned so many people when they knew damn well these surges were coming. The burnout was real. I could see it in him. I could see it in the staff. Same hospital chain btw that I was mentioning gave their CEO like $30MM last year.

So I'm not just pulling this stuff out of thin air. I'm relaying what I witnessed first hand. Had gotten to know much of the staff and helped out wherever I could up there on repeat visits. Been holding off on sharing even this because I know how much shit I'll catch, but it's the truth. Our hospitals are not overflowing. It's an "available bed" issue like I've been trying to say.

The sleepy ICU:

The person I know on ventilation. Was intubated here, but now on trach these days:

No would have worked.

It's actually worse than Wikipedia the way it's described up there.
    It's a bad idea on net, but it would be funny if the next Tiktok fad was to report increased 5G range and just compare that with some of the other symptoms. They're going to have to start jailing for fraud or something, because that sort of nonsense is happening and will increase.

Hmm. I stand corrected.

Hope that turns around soon. Although I would suspect it doesn't take much to overrun ICUs in northern BC. They probably ship people out to the cities a lot already.

Here in Onterrible I think the number during a normal flu season is 110% capacity. Which is astoundingly ridiculous.

yeah but this situation is not normal and it was preventable

they airmedivac people out usually to Vangroovy cuz they just don't have the expertise on some things its understandable that medbro can't have expertise on say a heart probelms if they don't see enough heart probelms, so the attending talks to vancover and makes the call to fly, or not and its never a wasted flight if the patient doesnt die

same with a lot of surgical procedures colonoscopys/ ACL's/ knees will be done by a visiting pro that is life in the narth

but actualy in small town the ER is almost never very busy, its usually < an hr wait

The sleepy ICU:

That’s an anecdote not data.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

How about this?
    you got some pictures of HW and you are in general full of shit but what does it mean ?

so

no