Page 846 of 929 FirstFirst ... 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 ... LastLast
Results 21,126 to 21,150 of 23206
    We’re still masking and working to keep covid out of our house. Wife works once or twice a week with several immunocompromised children under 5 yrs. so I’m “that guy”

The gov testing in our area is being under-utilized. My wife is at 4 different schools and knows of several symptomatic cases of adults or children that have tested positive with home tests and have not gone to the gov test center to be officially recorded.

The info and theories based on data from the UK about likely reinfection with ba2 after infection with ba1 is interesting and a little concerning. Are we in a calm before the next storm?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The 4th shot may be unnecessary, but is there a medical reason not to get it? Because if they offer it (and it sounds like they will for the over 50 crowd), what's the downside?
    Is not wanting to feel like shit for 24 hours a medical reason?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Triple vaxxed and healthy COVID survivor, I'm not that worried about ME getting it. I don't want to get sick but probably NBD if I do.

I'm a little worried about spreading it to people who are immune compromised........ or just too damned dumb to protect themselves with masks or vaccines..

I'm 100% on board with protecting the community from overcrowded healthcare system overload again if it starts ticking up again.. That's hands down the main reason I will still cover up in sketchy, tight quartered indoor situations around others.
    We get it, man. You're the most humble guy in the world. Give it a rest. Your "I care for those around me more than they care about themselves" schtick is tiring. We aren't giving you an award for your generosity.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    We get it, man. You're the most humble guy in the world. Give it a rest. Your "I care for those around me more than they care about themselves" schtick is tiring. We aren't giving you an award for your generosity.
    We get it. You go out of your way to be a dick without contributing anything of value to the discussion topic.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

If it was up to me, we wouldn't be allowed to officially end the pandemic until every last voluntary holdout got the vaxx and wore a mask for some period of time more than they wanted to. No religious exemptions. I'd be willing to have a lottery for the hippies and allow 1000 free passes. Because I have a soft spot for hippies. Luckily for some of you it's not up to me.

We get it. You go out of your way to be a dick without contributing anything of value to the discussion topic.
    Look in the mirror ever?

How is my post worth any less than your constant self-fellatio in here? You're hilarious. Are you afraid that by posting I'll take up some of the space that you could be using to tell us how great and thoughtful you are? In a year, are you still going to be in here talking about your 9th booster and how you still wear your mask to maintain your self appointed sainthood within the community? Grow up, dude. It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    How is my post worth any less than your constant self-fellatio in here? .
    It had ZERO value or reference to the topic. Was only intended to belittle someone.. Luckily I don't give a fuck what you or anyone else thinks about me. I answer to myself and my own actions. This entire effort revolves around protecting others in the community from harm... because that also protests ourselves and our loved ones..

To borrow relevant content.. Get vaxed and boosted as recommended please.

The 4th shot may be unnecessary, but is there a medical reason not to get it? Because if they offer it (and it sounds like they will for the over 50 crowd), what's the downside?
    Probably isn't one. But could be mechanism for T-cell anergy (unproven-so far), Then the question remains, why do you want a 4th shot? That is an individual answer based on risk factors, obviously.

I used to ask the unvaccinated, "why don't you want the shot?", now it seems better to ask, "why do you want a 4th shot?" to better direct the conversation.

"i don't want long covid"

It had ZERO value or reference to the topic. Was only intended to belittle someone.. Luckily I don't give a fuck what you or anyone else thinks about me. I answer to myself and my own actions.
    If you don't care what we think, stop telling us.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Look in the mirror ever?
    Truth! I'm far from perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    Based on my travels in Utah during the pandemic they seemed to have said it was over pretty much the entire time. And they somehow ended up with the one of the lowest COVID death rates in the entire country. Only non Island state lower was Vermont.
    My guess is they didn't count very well. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm
    Eyeballing it, the excess deaths in Utah have roughly the same magnitude as US excess deaths. So, either Utah had a hidden heart disease epidemic that just happens to overlap Covid, or it's Covid
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

10 cases per 100k per day, means there's probably 40 cases, due to undercounting, maybe more since now people test at home or don't test because they "just have a cold."

40/100k works out to 2500 person-days per case. So, on average I'd catch Covid every 7 years. Comparing to flu, Covid is more common. (It's also more dangerous.)

Personally, lung, heart, and brain performance is very important to me. I haven't seen long-Covid odds addressed such that I'm convinced it'll be "just a cold." So I'm making an effort not to catch it, but I can see people deciding it's reasonable to take no precautions.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Is not wanting to feel like shit for 24 hours a medical reason?
    Absolutely valid on a personal level. But if that's the medical reason to not get it, that ain't gonna stop me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Probably isn't one. But could be mechanism for T-cell anergy (unproven-so far), Then the question remains, why do you want a 4th shot? That is an individual answer based on risk factors, obviously.

I used to ask the unvaccinated, "why don't you want the shot?", now it seems better to ask, "why do you want a 4th shot?" to better direct the conversation.
    I want whatever shots I can get to give me the best possible chance of not getting it, of not getting very sick if I get it, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    "i don't want long covid"
    And not getting it means I won't get long covid.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Personally, lung, heart, and brain performance is very important to me. I haven't seen long-Covid odds addressed such that I'm convinced it'll be "just a cold." So I'm making an effort not to catch it, but I can see people deciding it's reasonable to take no precautions.
    I think it's possible to take precautions that make sense and leave aside those that don't make much sense (like wearing a mask in a Lowe's where you are at most brushing by people for a few seconds doesn't make much sense, but making an effort to just stand a few feet away at the checkout line does--and it seems to be something people still do, i.e. not crowding each other in lines for no good reason).
    Last edited by yeahman; 03-28-2022 at 08:02 PM.

Man, you really took that literally. I was saying that the home box stores around here are the new front line of the culture war.

Absolutely valid on a personal level. But if that's the medical reason to not get it, that ain't gonna stop me.

I want whatever shots I can get to give me the best possible chance of not getting it, of not getting very sick if I get it, etc.

And not getting it means I won't get long covid.
    Sounds reasonable.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Neighbor kid, (12yrs 3x vaxed and healthy), has had a rough bout of long Covid. Family got Covid right about New Years and the poor kid can’t make it 100yards from the front door without falling to the ground. No school, sports friends…just sucks! Host of symptoms too!

I got the 3rd in early November. Wife and one kid had Covid in February. I stayed away from them but likely had some direct exposure before they went down. It would be nice to see some studies that show if severe disease rises after the third at some point. ( maybe there are and I just don’t know!) If that happens I’ll be in the shot line again. Does anyone know of b and T cell immunity is boosted with a fourth boost? And to be honest I Haven’t a fucking clue what those things are but med and science folks seem to think that’s important. Is there any data showing the 4th boost of antibodies will help? Really have no clue.

Anyone else round here have asthma? I’ve been told Covid doesn’t usually hit the part of the lungs asthma affects. Only real risk factor in my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Man, you really took that literally. I was saying that the home box stores around here are the new front line of the culture war.
    Sorry, just making the point that we should be taking a close look at what actually worked to control the spread, and what didn't. The mask wars are so far in the rearview in Montana that it is strange to read about people still dealing with that stuff.

Could it be a close look at what worked? We might spend a year deciphering other things. I have this weird feeling that "0.02%" might have meaning for some people, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post

waning immunity is my response - And

the risk factors I recognize that I mentioned above.

to the comment/question above regarding asthma,
    it was my understanding that omicron affected the tissues of the lungs also affected by asthma ( bronchi, I believe was the claim ), whereas
    delta and alpha caused disease in the 'lower airway ( air sacs(?) my anatomy / physiology is forty years old )

I'd have to try to hunt-up the cdc's list of risk factors, but it was Not-short and I strongly suspect it included asthma.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...onditions.html
    ( 3. mixed evidence. ( includes asthma ))

Good luck. skiJ

since we are on another page ,

Please
    Be vaccinated - and boostered.

Thank you --
    Last edited by skiJ; 03-29-2022 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    The mask wars are so far in the rearview in Montana that it is strange to read about people still dealing with that stuff.
    Yup, we came here (MT) last May from liberal Juneau AK to look around and consider the move. Nobody had masks on, seemed odd. Now it seems normal, a relief. Juneau school kids were still doing spelling bees in plexiglass shields and kids wearing N95's that don't fit them to school.

To add, when I drive to Helena for things, it was odd to see everyone wearing masks in Home Depot, etc. Then come back to my dust bowl town and nobody has them on. 30 mile geographic/demographic differences were quite pronounced over the early winter.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Anyone else round here have asthma? I’ve been told Covid doesn’t usually hit the part of the lungs asthma affects. Only real risk factor in my family.
    Yes, asthma is part of my weird immune disorder. The past couple of years it’s been well under control, in fact I’ve felt better than I’ve felt in 15 years. I’ve heard conflicting info on asthma and Covid so I’ve been playing it safe.

My asthma was adult onset related to eosinophils when I was 38 when for some reason my immune system went haywire. Prior to this I had worked for over 20 years without ever taking a sick day for actually being sick. My concern with Covid is that my immune system will over react and I’ll be fucked again. Figure another shot will let my body see the virus again and get used to it. Zero side effects for either booster shot, really only the first shot messed me up for half a day.

I do find it interesting that many of the same people that spent the last two years screaming that masks and vaccines should be a personal choice are so triggered by people that want to get boosters and still wear masks. Guess it really wasn’t about freedom of choice but free to do what they think you should do.

https://youtu.be/ajjX2_Eygu4

It had ZERO value or reference to the topic. Was only intended to belittle someone.. Luckily I don't give a fuck what you or anyone else thinks about me. I answer to myself and my own actions. This entire effort revolves around protecting others in the community from harm... because that also protests ourselves and our loved ones..

To borrow relevant content.. Get vaxed and boosted as recommended please.

( I still believe not caring about other's opinions ( of yourself) is not-healthy.

we 've been here before sjg -
    sometimes, I believe you take it too far...

I appreciate you bringing your post back to the topic - Thank you.

hang in, sjg -
    Please remember
    some of the ( 'belittling' ) comments may be attempts to say your constancy can be (tiring. ) and

we just. need. a. break.

with respect. skiJ )
    Last edited by skiJ; 03-29-2022 at 09:42 AM.