Page 497 of 929 FirstFirst ... 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 ... LastLast
Results 12,401 to 12,425 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Had a coworker die in the ER here. Everyone knew her, code went on for 2 hours... Two hours too many, because everyone knew her and couldn't quit. Awful shit.
    Very young, very unvaxxed.
    That's the absolute worst, I'm sorry. Best wishes for you and your co-workers. I'm sorry to see your post and sorry again that it was nearly buried today.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Some would call it patience - others might say it’s a weakness for getting into arguments

When is it gonna snow? We could all use some turns right now.
    Need moar ullr thread

In retrospect

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

https://mobile.twitter.com/drdagly/s...x8eRXJK06UElLg

——

$5.7 billion. In 3 months. Spent on the unvaccinated. Probably a lot of whom would say “I don’t want to pay for other peoples healthcare!”

No - I don’t know how much was spent on the vaccinated. We all know, whether we allows ourselves to believe it, that the hospitals are overwhelming filled with the unvaxxed.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

$5.7 billion. In 3 months. Spent on the unvaccinated. Probably a lot of whom would say “I don’t want to pay for other peoples healthcare!”.
    Health insurance companies need to hit these people in the wallets now, treat them like cigarette smokers, the outcomes are nearly equivalent but the timelines are significantly shorter for moderate to severe covid patients.

My wife, a hospitalist, has two patients under the age of 30 on 100% oxygen and their lungs are trashed. Both have been taking up bed space for over 3 weeks.

She told me tonight that their facility had the last available open ICU bed in the region, are beginning to transfer non-covid low acuity patients to small regional hospitals, and are less than a week from rationing care due to staffing issues exacerbated by low vaccination rates. One-third of the medical group employees are not vaccinated and stand to be furloughed if they aren't fully vaccinated by the middle of October. Only 10% of them have applied for a religious or other exemption.

This is going to get worse before it gets better.
    Last edited by jackattack; 09-14-2021 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Did you know that both surgeons and anesthesiologists go to undergrad, medical school and a residency? That’s 8 years of school before residency. So most anesthesiologists and surgeons have the same length of training unless they’re in a surgical specialty that has a longer residency. This information is widely available and in my case I have over three decades of working with both anesthesiologists and surgeons every day.

Is it terribly painful to be this wrong about things? You make statements as if they’re fact but they’re entirely wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Don't worry--there are plenty of surgeons who are Trumpers and/or libertarian, anti-vaxers, anti-maskers except in the OR--as I'm sure you are well aware.. (Definition of a libertarian--someone who wants the govt to tell you what to do, but not them.)

https://mobile.twitter.com/drdagly/s...x8eRXJK06UElLg

——

$5.7 billion. In 3 months. Spent on the unvaccinated. Probably a lot of whom would say “I don’t want to pay for other peoples healthcare!”

No - I don’t know how much was spent on the vaccinated. We all know, whether we allows ourselves to believe it, that the hospitals are overwhelming filled with the unvaxxed.
    There's a nugget in that series of tweets--the futility of CPR when the condition that led to the arrest cannot be improved. So you get a heart rhythm back but the person is just as sick as they were before the arrest and aren't going to get any better. It is legal to die in a hospital without receiving CPR, even if you aren't a no-code. Painful reading.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Did you know that both surgeons and anesthesiologists go to undergrad, medical school and a residency? That’s 8 years of school before residency. So most anesthesiologists and surgeons have the same length of training unless they’re in a surgical specialty that has a longer residency. This information is widely available and in my case I have over three decades of working with both anesthesiologists and surgeons every day.

Is it terribly painful to be this wrong about things? You make statements as if they’re fact but they’re entirely wrong.

So that sites lying? Interesting. 8 years of med school. Did I read it wrong.

Ok then you're still an idiot.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Anyone know skidog in real life? Is everything ok?

Not being snarky here.
    I'm fine, just kinda sick of the one sided bullshit that goes on here.

If you don't follow the Borg you're wrong. Period. It's like a high school clique. They were losers in high school and they're obviously still losers now. Just follow the Borg.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I'm fine, just kinda sick of the one sided bullshit that goes on here.
    Reality isn’t one sided bullshit, but go ahead and keep fighting it.

The Borg = Science?

Wow y’all are posting now? I just woke up a bit ago my tummy hurts
    There’s nothing on the tv and I have a zoom meeting in two hours trying to motivate myself out of bed.
    If I put my head down no way I am right for meeting with camera on
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

To add
    It’s fucking dark outside
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I guess all these folks are either just too stupid to "follow the science", or maybe theyre all just Trumptards...? On TGR those are the only 2 options...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...andate-lawsuit

So let them resign, nobody cares. If you can not recognize the individual responsibility to society as a whole, you should just fuck off anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

More data from the UK about vaccine effectiveness against the Delta variant:

• Older groups see the most waning against infection, much less for under 65
    • 3 week interval between doses offers less protection than longer intervals
    • The mRNA vaccines are slightly more effective at conferring immunity
    • Protection against hospitalization shows very little waning for those without underlying health conditions
    • Even for +65, very little waning against severe illness without underlying health conditions
    • Very little waning against protection from death
    • Healthy people likely don't need boosters to protect from severe outcomes but boosters appear to protect from infection over the shorter study time period
    • The UK will offer boosters to nursing home residents, followed by +50, frontline health care, and all adults with underlying health conditions

Something to keep in mind is Delta studies are based on real-world data, which are influenced not only by variant transmissibility but also by overall population immunity, prevalence, and human behavior. So lower vax rates in the US probably explains why we're seeing worse outcomes.

https://khub.net/documents/135939561...8-11ba2c6f5801

Alberta, the Texas of Canada

A surge in coronavirus cases has pushed the healthcare system in the Canadian province of Alberta to the verge of collapse, as healthcare workers struggle against mounting exhaustion and a growing anti-vaccine movement in the region.

The province warned this week that its ICU capacity was strained, with more people requiring intensive care than any other point during the pandemic – nearly all of them unvaccinated.

“It’s not easy to go to work every day and watch people in their 30s die,” an ICU nurse in Edmonton told the Guardian. “Having to help a family say goodbye and then going through the actions that are required at the end of someone’s life, is worse than anyone can imagine.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...vid-cases-rise
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

that’s a lie, covid was over in july, they said so.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...wave-1.6175012

PEW PEW
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I’m from Calgary, and am shocked/ashamed with the populist government there. Rivals you yank’s publican states.
    Fucking politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    To add
    It’s fucking dark outside
    Google "time zones."

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Google "time zones."
    Google "empathy".

So that sites lying? Interesting. 8 years of med school. Did I read it wrong.

Ok then you're still an idiot.

Of course you are wrong. Your link said eight years of medical training. Like four years medical school followed by four years of residency. 4+4=? This is after undergrad. Who’s the idiot now? You’ll call me one but I’m always right in our exchanges. Maybe it’s time for some self reflection.

I guess all these folks are either just too stupid to "follow the science", or maybe theyre all just Trumptards...? On TGR those are the only 2 options...

Oh man, that would be a blessing. Let them resign, and then hire a truely multi racial and educated department to replace one of the worst police departments in America. Of course, most "resigning" will just be taking very lucrative early retirement deals written into the union contract, and then off to Idaho to get a second gig in some small department.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    So let them resign, nobody cares. If you can not recognize the individual responsibility to society as a whole, you should just fuck off anyways.
    who fills their spots? Same with Teachers, and first responders...Its not like many are clamoring for those positions currently..

So yeah just let em quit...we dont need police, or nurses, or teachers anyway...amirite

I think the vast majority of them have been horribly misguided and have believed "facts" that are not true, yes.

I realize there's been some over the top arguing/name calling here, but by and large hasn't the preponderance of this thread been focused on information supporting why getting vaccinated makes sense? Most of us feel like we're pissing in the wind sometimes. There are people who just won't listen to reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Oh man, that would be a blessing. Let them resign, and then hire a truely multi racial and educated department to replace one of the worst police departments in America. Of course, most "resigning" will just be taking very lucrative early retirement deals written into the union contract, and then off to Idaho to get a second gig in some small department.
    Hmmm, vaccine mandates as police reform? If we assume the majority of cops & first responders pursue those types of jobs in part for public service, and we pay them for their service, then weeding out the most dangerous authoritarian creep minority who aren't interested in protecting the public seems like a win-win.