Page 297 of 574 FirstFirst ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 14326
  1. #7401
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    14,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    That guy lives in every WA small town.
    "They all look alike" Pick your own "They"

    My daughters vaxed friend just tested positive as did her husband. Works as a respiratory therapist. Cold symptoms.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  2. #7402
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Impossible to knowl--I use an iPhone
    Posts
    12,682
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Nothing has been proven yet, but you act like it has for political points. You’re a hack.

    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01529-3
    Tell you what--since you seem to be too fucking high to read and understand right now, why don't you wait awhile and when you're capable of basic reading comprehension again you can show me where I said anything had been proven. I was contradicting your buddy up above who somehow knows the origin of the virus. If you want to keep arguing his side, have at it, but again, it puts you firmly in the red hatted moron camp. If that's where you want to be, fine with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Na.

    5-10 Years from now when we aggerate all the overdose deaths, mental health deaths, and kids with fucked up childhoods that grow into fucked up adults will dominate the conversation.

    We will then start to think, maybe we shouldn't have thrown it all away for a virus with 99.7% survival rate.
    Start to think is an interesting turn of phrase for you, but even assuming 99.7% survive (you're wrong), you want to ignore all the people hospitalized who end up with serious problems (I know someone currently awaiting a lung transplant due to covid--he and a bunch of other people who didn't think covid was a big deal all got together and infected each other in November--but people like that don't concern you, I guess; don't worry, he might soon go into the mortality column, anyway). And .3% is not a trivial percentage (I wouldn't do something if I knew I had a .3% chance of dying). Anyway, again, your number is wrong:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	105 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	381093

    Government policy (especially rushed government policy) cant really be seen in 20/20 years after the initial rollout.

    Why don't you go back and delete/edit your post. Or in 5+ years, i can tell you I told you so.
    What would you be telling me? You can speculate all you like, but people who actually understand public health think you're wrong--why do you know better than those people? I'll answer for you: you don't, you just want to believe something and are rationalizing with a flimsy case based on uninformed speculation.

    It's beyond absurd that this needs to be stated, but this global pandemic is extremely serious. You posting otherwise doesn't change that (are you aware we're officially over 600k U.S. deaths, and likely 700k as a real number?).

    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I don't get how because an individual might question the vax, and/or the viruses origin automatically makes them a Trump supporter? Seems fucking shallow...

    I know plenty of decidedly Dems that for sure think it originated in china and a handful that haven't gotten the vax.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    I never said questioning the source makes you a Trump supporter, but his argument in favor of what Trumpers want to believe about the virus places him in that camp. He could prove me wrong, but he's doubled down instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    These days there does seem to be quite a few credible people who find the lab leak hypothesis credible and probable. Unfortunately, the PRC has probably long since destroyed any evidence and disappeared any people that could have proven it. The problem, as I see it, is that a certain subset of people have latched onto it hard because for some reason they believe it absolves them of any responsibility to do anything about the problem as it exists here today. Which, of course, is asinine.
    I think they initially latched onto it, or the Trump people started pushing it, because scapegoating yellow people plays well with MAGA types. IMO they would be behaving the same way with or without the lab leak theory. Unfortunately.
    [quote][//quote]

  3. #7403
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Impossible to knowl--I use an iPhone
    Posts
    12,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    But whut about muh freedumbz!??!?? I would rather my dear old mum die than have to subject myself to such jack-booted Australian measures.
    Is that when an Aussie in boots makes you drink a Fosters while chained to a koala bear?
    [quote][//quote]

  4. #7404
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    24,802
    they would be Blundstones

    Not that I believe Covid was manufactured by China to fuck up America

    so Americans can't buy as much stuff they don't really need

    all of which is made by China

    but what difference would that make as to how the pandemic is dealt with ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  5. #7405
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    your point being you are a hack?

    yes, the lab leak is possible. The people pushing it are almost entirely partisan morons with cottage cheese brains screaming into a mypillow. It’s the perfect political bullshit - it will never be proven (likely) but they can scream about it and act like it means something. Perfect for rube nation.
    Politicize all the science!!!

    Burn the heretics!!!

  6. #7406
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    15,980
    Well CA is masked up again. Hit Costco and the market and there were masks on most everyone. Guy in Vons asked me why I didn't have one on. Told him I was asymptomatic and trying to take out the unvaccinated. Left him speechless.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  7. #7407
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,987
    ^Well played!

  8. #7408
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    14,049
    I'd have been tempted to punch you in the throat

  9. #7409
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    14,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Excellent point: Core Shot is so fucking stupid. Infects his own kids with a deadly virus due to his own arrogance.

    Actual photo of Core Shot
    Attachment 381071



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I’m actually clean shaven

    And more pasty white
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

  10. #7410
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Golden BC
    Posts
    3,940
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I'd have been tempted to punch you in the throat
    No sense of humour
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

  11. #7411
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Yes. Thanks for proving my point.
    You have no point, you linked an article that didn’t say anything new and didn’t come to a conclusion. Why are you willfully ignorant?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  12. #7412
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Depends on the time of year
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Is that when an Aussie in boots makes you drink a Fosters while chained to a koala bear?
    Nah, daily Thunderdome fights. Sorry I'm late, bloody chainsaw ran out of petrol again. Reckon I'll grab the giant sword tied to a broom handle from now on.

    On the other stuff:

    State police asked the military for help with policing duties in Sydney yesterday. They're sending 300 from the army. The dYsToPiAn nIgHtMaRE continues.

    Or, alternatively, they've cottoned onto the fact that the key to knocking out a Delta outbreak is bringing the number of people out in the community while infectious down to zero, and then let the infection run through those in quarantine.

    Plus the police are humans too who just need a hand right now with a very hard situation, and asking other states will only weaken their policing capabilities at a time where there's a high risk of Delta spreading.

    Also they want to get the vaccines rolled out as widely as possible before most restrictions are lifted permanently and the borders reopened to non-citizens.

    Which is the plan they're communicating to us daily. Thanks science and reason for figuring that out.

    I'm guessing there is the question of why the vaccines weren't rolled out here earlier.Well, countries like the US and UK had mass deaths occurring, at a time when we maybe had 0-5 infections a day happening in hotel quarantined international arrivals, so of course the vaccine went where it was needed first (and where a rich country had paid oodles of cash for priority access to shots). And now we see so many people in the US refuse life saving shots because the bow tie man on tv or Mavis from Facebook told them to because freedom. Or because they blindly hate one side of society so much that it doesn't matter what they're told, shown or directly experience, they're not doing it because the other side wants them to, so there must be some sinister ulterior motive.

    Who's dystopian now?

    Anyway, back to the cage. Two men enter, one man leaves, two men enter, one man leaves...

  13. #7413
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You have no point, you linked an article that didn’t say anything new and didn’t come to a conclusion. Why are you willfully ignorant?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The lack of conclusion was the point, but you weren’t following the discussion you inserted yourself into you fucking simpleton.

  14. #7414
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    15,698
    a good 90% masked at our grocery store today

  15. #7415
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    valley of the heart's delight
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    no ones questioning where the virus originated, it was China

    people against the vax aren't smart, people who support T**** aren't smart...
    I see the origin question as still open. Agree it most likely originated in China, but the possibility remains China was the first to discover and report it. Travel is rapid and worldwide. Covid travels well. It's entirely possible Wuhan discovered a virus originating elsewhere. They had both good surveillance and a top virology institute in town. Compare to say the US, where our surveillance is crap and we couldn't find it even after the Chinese told us exactly what to look for. If the US struggled to find a well characterized novel virus, certainly plenty of other possible origins could have missed it as well. I also can't help but notice many countries that have screened for early Covid cases chose to screen samples beginning in December 2019, and not earlier. If it did originate elsewhere, we're almost trying not learn that, but such would be wild unsubstantiated speculation (and a "solidly founded" conspiracy theory).
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

  16. #7416
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    10,228
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Well CA is masked up again. Hit Costco and the market and there were masks on most everyone. Guy in Vons asked me why I didn't have one on. Told him I was asymptomatic and trying to take out the unvaccinated. Left him speechless.
    I laughed.

    Yeah, it's going that way here too. A few local businesses owners have told me and/or sent out all-social messages outlining their concerns about the staff (and their families') safety vis a vis delta, and unknown vax status of their customers and even "rude and abusive customers".

  17. #7417
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    valley of the heart's delight
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Democrat, Republican, or independent—if a person thinks the virus originated in a lab then I hope they draw the obvious conclusion the best defense against an inadvertent or intentional biological attack is an American made vaccine.
    Also acceptable would be a quarantine to keep it out, effective contact tracing to snuff any cases, or really, any combination of NPIs to drive the reproduction rate below 1 and hold it there indefinitely. New Zealand, Taiwan, Australia, and China are all doing a great job holding cases near zero before a vaccine. Most every country has demonstrated rapid sustained declines in cases using only NPIs. Few have continued the strategy all the way to elimination.

    Effective treatments could counter the threat too. A treatment that performs like the miraculous claims for HCQ or Ivermectin would be great. Take three 5 cent pills for 100% recovery and no side effects, who wouldn't?

  18. #7418
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    uTardedland
    Posts
    11,272
    Harmons in Sandy was maybe 25% masked today. A week ago I saw maybe two masks.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

  19. #7419
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    18,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Nah, daily Thunderdome fights. Sorry I'm late, bloody chainsaw ran out of petrol again. Reckon I'll grab the giant sword tied to a broom handle from now on.

    On the other stuff:

    State police asked the military for help with policing duties in Sydney yesterday. They're sending 300 from the army. The dYsToPiAn nIgHtMaRE continues.

    Or, alternatively, they've cottoned onto the fact that the key to knocking out a Delta outbreak is bringing the number of people out in the community while infectious down to zero, and then let the infection run through those in quarantine.

    Plus the police are humans too who just need a hand right now with a very hard situation, and asking other states will only weaken their policing capabilities at a time where there's a high risk of Delta spreading.

    Also they want to get the vaccines rolled out as widely as possible before most restrictions are lifted permanently and the borders reopened to non-citizens.

    Which is the plan they're communicating to us daily. Thanks science and reason for figuring that out.

    I'm guessing there is the question of why the vaccines weren't rolled out here earlier.Well, countries like the US and UK had mass deaths occurring, at a time when we maybe had 0-5 infections a day happening in hotel quarantined international arrivals, so of course the vaccine went where it was needed first (and where a rich country had paid oodles of cash for priority access to shots). And now we see so many people in the US refuse life saving shots because the bow tie man on tv or Mavis from Facebook told them to because freedom. Or because they blindly hate one side of society so much that it doesn't matter what they're told, shown or directly experience, they're not doing it because the other side wants them to, so there must be some sinister ulterior motive.

    Who's dystopian now?

    Anyway, back to the cage. Two men enter, one man leaves, two men enter, one man leaves...
    If only. In practice people you thought were dead like RJ keep rising from the ashes.

    Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I see the origin question as still open. Agree it most likely originated in China, but the possibility remains China was the first to discover and report it. Travel is rapid and worldwide. Covid travels well. It's entirely possible Wuhan discovered a virus originating elsewhere. They had both good surveillance and a top virology institute in town. Compare to say the US, where our surveillance is crap and we couldn't find it even after the Chinese told us exactly what to look for. If the US struggled to find a well characterized novel virus, certainly plenty of other possible origins could have missed it as well. I also can't help but notice many countries that have screened for early Covid cases chose to screen samples beginning in December 2019, and not earlier. If it did originate elsewhere, we're almost trying not learn that, but such would be wild unsubstantiated speculation (and a "solidly founded" conspiracy theory).
    Well said.

  20. #7420
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    8,862

    To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

    FloriDUMB:
    “Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has issued an executive order that directs the state's health and education departments to issue emergency rules that prevent the implementation of a mask mandate in schools.”

  21. #7421
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,535
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I see the origin question as still open. Agree it most likely originated in China, but the possibility remains China was the first to discover and report it. Travel is rapid and worldwide. Covid travels well. It's entirely possible Wuhan discovered a virus originating elsewhere. They had both good surveillance and a top virology institute in town. Compare to say the US, where our surveillance is crap and we couldn't find it even after the Chinese told us exactly what to look for. If the US struggled to find a well characterized novel virus, certainly plenty of other possible origins could have missed it as well. I also can't help but notice many countries that have screened for early Covid cases chose to screen samples beginning in December 2019, and not earlier. If it did originate elsewhere, we're almost trying not learn that, but such would be wild unsubstantiated speculation (and a "solidly founded" conspiracy theory).

    huh? China was internally slow to report cases because, duh, it’s a soul crushing bureaucracy of commies. Once it got too large to ignore they responded stiffly, but it’s hardly a paragon of efficiency despite the image they relentlessly work to project.

  22. #7422
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    10,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Or because they blindly hate one side of society so much that it doesn't matter what they're told, shown or directly experience, they're not doing it because the other side wants them to, so there must be some sinister ulterior motive.
    That part is clearly true, just look at the trolling in this thread. If those guys aren't paid by the word, then what the fuck is the point?! His tombstone read, I got covid to win an internet argument with a stranger

    But the motives are mixed when you look at the wider population. For some it's group think (facebook think). And for some it's just one of the last few things within their control. Can't not go to my job at the amazon fulfillment center where I don't even get piss breaks, or I'll lose my doublewide/shit rental/van that I live in, but I'll be damned if they're gonna stick a needle in me!

  23. #7423
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Depends on the time of year
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    But the motives are mixed when you look at the wider population. For some it's group think (facebook think). And for some it's just one of the last few things within their control. Can't not go to my job at the amazon fulfillment center where I don't even get piss breaks, or I'll lose my doublewide/shit rental/van that I live in, but I'll be damned if they're gonna stick a needle in me!
    Yeah good points, thanks for that. I've been coming to this thread for ages to read first-hand accounts of how people have accessed the shot, what the side effects are like and how they've been managed, read stuff from experts who actually understand these things, silently cheer everytime someone said they've gotten their shot, etc., and then see all the other...posts...and just wonder why???.

    Lots of people here would love the opportunity to just walk into any pharmacy and get a shot, at a time they choose, without worrying about supply. But we see the supply increasing every week now, and we're just as frustrated that the virus has taken over our lives, so we'll get the shot so we can barbie more Fosters-marinated shrimps at Thunderdome with the Irwin family tonight. Socially distanced and masked of course, unless you're in lockdown.

    I mean, what else would we do on Saturday night?

  24. #7424
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    7,004
    Widespread Panic will require proof of vaccination or a negative covid test in Asheville, NC.

    Fuck yeah. The hippies and grifter lovers are pissed.

    Of course they'll fake their cards whatever. The pressure needs to be there to knock some sense into people.


    https://widespreadpanic.com/2021/07/...ille-nc-shows/
    July 30, 2021

    COVID-19 Protocol for Asheville, NC Shows

    COVID-19 Protocol for Asheville, NC, August 6th, 7th, & 8th

    Proof of full vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test (within the last 48 hrs) will be needed for entry into the venue. A nasal swab COVID test will be available at a closely located area for those seeking immediate proof of their COVID status.
    The State of NC has strongly encouraged mask wearing in public indoor venues for all vaccinated and unvaccinated citizens. Widespread Panic Band and Crew members support this protective measure – helping to ensure the safety of everyone in attendance.
    If you have purchased a ticket and don’t feel comfortable with the protocols above, you may request and receive a refund. For those seeking a refund, instructions for requesting one will be sent from Ticketmaster to ticket holders Saturday July 31st.
    Widespread Panic has always hoped to co-create an atmosphere of celebration through Music and dance. All concertgoers are our partners in creating that space. The Band and Management have been consulting with contacts at the CDC in an unofficial capacity throughout the Pandemic. This is our guidance:
    Please get vaccinated.
    If you are flu-symptomatic, stay home.
    If you have been in contact with someone infected with COVID, stay home.
    Everyone should wear a mask. Masks will be made available for those needing one.
    Respect one another, and arrive Home safely.


    Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

  25. #7425
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    5,974
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You have no point, you linked an article that didn’t say anything new and didn’t come to a conclusion. Why are you willfully ignorant?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    turn on AM radio, news max or the like, they're being fed fake news propaganda. they can't help it, it has them by the brain stem (and I use brain loosely)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •