Page 894 of 929 FirstFirst ... 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 ... LastLast
Results 22,326 to 22,350 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Heh. WTF?
    smoke

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    smoke
    Ah... makes sense.

Although I'd think I'd just keep the damn thing on the whole time...

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Expectation of interacting with sick people?
    Also potential that they could be infectious and expose many patients.

There have been times when some of our pharmacies have altered hours because of staffing problems because so many are sick at once.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Ah... makes sense.

Although I'd think I'd just keep the damn thing on the whole time...
    Yep

Hey guys, remember how I got banned for ultimately being right on everything COVID related (masks, lockdowns, vaccines, etc.)? Good times.

The sheep of TGR now can't wait to get their updated 4th/5th shot, which has only been tested on 8 mice and no humans. Crazy world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I think people who now wear the chin diaper are starting to annoy me. Either wear it properly or don't wear it at all FFS. But mostly I just laugh at them.
    NOW it annoys you? Those idiots have been peak annoying since day 1 of all this nonsense.

As usual, South Park nailed it when it comes to chin diapers:

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Expectation of interacting with sick people?
    And with high risk folks
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    Hey guys, remember
    Nobody cares about you Ronnie. At all.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Buh bye Ronnie.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    Hey guys, remember how I got banned for ultimately being right on everything COVID related (masks, lockdowns, vaccines, etc.)? Good times.

The sheep of TGR now can't wait to get their updated 4th/5th shot, which has only been tested on 8 mice and no humans. Crazy world we live in.
    Hey Ron, memba when you were banned and it was supposed to be permanent but was accidentally set to a year? I memba.
    Beneficent Oversight Committee Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Team View Post
    Hey Ron, memba when you were banned and it was supposed to be permanent but was accidentally set to a year? I memba.
    Can't seem to find the 'Like' button on this thing..

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Just got my bivalent at cvs. Nobody masked in the pharmacy dept, but their AC system/fans were ripping. The pharmacist wore a surgical mask inside out when dosing me.

My son goes to a small public HS. Less than 180 students and maybe 10 staff. For an email from the school today. 8 students and 3 staff out with covid-19 (all self determined positive tests). Request for staff and students to “Please continue to be diligent in monitoring for symptoms and follow the guidelines set forth [link to guidelines].” How hard would it to have been for the email to state, “as shown in the link, the two most effective methods to not spread covid 19 are to wear an effectively properly fitted mask and to test if you have any symptoms (and isolate if you’re positive)”? Rather than force people to have to click a link to a lengthy pdf file….
    a matter of message -

link to the policy, lest they leave something out that someone say, ' but hey, in that Notice you left out the importance of ( handwashing, for example ) ...

link to the comprehensive Policy minimizes that Risk.

I feel your pain. skiJ

6 hours into my Bivalent + flu shots, feeling pretty rough, as expected. All of the shots have kicked my ass. Nausea, tight throat and chest, incredible headache, malaise, aches, even a runny nose. Makes me forget about the arm pains.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

I had general tiredness and a raging headache. Starting 12 hrs after the shot (Pfizer). 40 hrs later and I still have a raging headache. Taking Tylenol and ibuprofen. A lot less severe reaction for me compared to the previous vaxes.

Got the booster and Covid this week on the same day. Wife and I feel like we have a cold with a mild fever. 5 year old had a runny nose into a cough ( no worse than a cold). 3 year old had 2 days of a runny nose. After avoiding it for 2.5 years, it was inevitable we’d all get it two weeks after the older one started elementary school.

I am boosted and shingled. When do the superpowers kick in?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

When the pharmacy guy (not wearing a mask to add to the earlier discussion) hit me with the second shot (covid) he hit a nerve. It hurt more than usual and my fingers are still kind of tingling.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

A little feverish last night from vaccines, and my arm was sore AF. I'm definitely "off" today but my arm is less sore. Maybe all the flapping of it I did right after getting the shots helped.

I had planned ahead for the feverishness and had ibuprofen and water right by my bed, and long johns and socks under the covers to put on.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    A little feverish last night from vaccines, and my arm was sore AF. I'm definitely "off" today but my arm is less sore. Maybe all the flapping of it I did right after getting the shots helped.

I had planned ahead for the feverishness and had ibuprofen and water right by my bed, and long johns and socks under the covers to put on.

Furious masturbation after shot. Check.

I just found out that a long time Crested Butte local passed away this week. ~40, fit and active skier/surfer/MTB. She had been dealing with long covid and the coroner is saying it was a DVT. There are apparently some links to covid and dvt
    https://www.webmd.com/dvt/news/20220...least-6-months

Sorry to hear about the CB local’s passing.

It seems like there’s a lot more info being published very recently on potential pathologies and diagnostics of the various forms of long covid. Hopefully, there will be some breakthrough successes on treatments. I thought this recently publishing had information and an infographic that will hopefully be useful for physicians: https://www.bmj.com/content/378/bmj-2022-072117

The CEO of Pfizer just shared that they have covid again after having last tested positive 40 days ago. Previously quad vaxed and not yet vaxed with the bivalent vax.

I got the bivalent booster yesterday, woke today with sore arm and generally feeling lethargic. Same as my previous Covid vaccines. (got 5 on my card now.) I would much rather deal with a day of feeling crummy than get full blown covfefe.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Every time I think I'm getting over this shit it seems to come back. Had a weird two week terrible hacking cough. Like TB style full body hack. Sounded so bad. It's mostly better but not gone. Rode my bike two days and i'm feeling very short of breath again. 3rd appointment with the cardiologist tomorrow.

I have seen only a couple anecdotal reports of people getting the bivalent booster and seeing improved LC symptoms, so maybe I try that.

In the past 10 months the best I have felt was when taking 10 days of Prednisone and later when taking a 5 day course of Paxlovid.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I got the bivalent booster yesterday, woke today with sore arm and generally feeling lethargic. Same as my previous Covid vaccines. (got 5 on my card now.) I would much rather deal with a day of feeling crummy than get full blown covfefe.
    +1 my friend...

bivalent (omicron) fifth dose yesterday -
    I have wakened with a headache this morning ( and maybe a low fever ) ;
    Also got an Influenza 'shot'

headache may just be mild/slight Dehydration...

I hope you have a good week, maggs. ...

Harry, If I am not still away this winter, I will make the pilgrimage to Christie -

skiJ

Damn WRG, your roller coaster is rough just reading about it. I hope you get it behind you soon.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

I was just thinking we haven't heard some fantastic and dubious claims about Ivermectin in a while. Less sexy with the conspiracy crowd than it was? Does the government *now* want you to know about this inexpensive, effective and unpatented *treatment?

*for worms
    Last edited by CarlMega; 09-26-2022 at 12:04 PM.