Page 159 of 929 FirstFirst ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Child's pose is my favorite lower back stretch along with a reclined stretch with a strap:

Child's pose:

Reclined strap stretch:

Knees to chest with an optional side-to-side rock is great too (I'm not a fan of the forward/back rock but some people love it). From this pose you can also go to shoulder stand and plow which are nice for the back.

Knees to chest

Shoulder stand
    Attachment 372077

Plow
    Attachment 372078

You can also throw Bridge pose into the mix if you like. The hands clasped and stretched towards feet with shoulders rolled under really feels nice.

Also really like the restorative yoga pose "waterfall" of legs in the air with a block or up a wall. Putting the block edge right on my sacrum really helps and getting my legs up, reversing the flow feels wonderful. Here's an article on sacrum stretches.

Those all look awesome, thanks.

Plow...<snicker>

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    No but both of my shoulders, in the joint itself away from the vaccine site were achy for about a day. In your case, could just be where the blood settled internally after the shot. In my case, thought it was kind of weird that both shoulders would ache equally.
    I got both my shots on the left side. A few days after my first I developed tendonitis in my right shoulder which was not provoked by activity or any sort of traumatic injury (I was taking it easy physically in the days following the shot).

I’ve never had tendonitis in my shoulder before. It lasted 4-5 days and then went away. I’m guessing it was just inflammation brought on by the vaccination and it happened to randomly be worse in a shoulder tendon on the opposite side of the jab.

Yeah, I'm not sure a twelve hour, one-time event having occurred shortly after the shot qualifies under this scenario. If I tried yoga, pretty sure I would tear something and be hobbled... Whatcha got for lower backs? That's more chronic.
    Just to throw out a kind of counterpoint: some years ago (how did that happen?) I was skiing with Cat in January and had a sort of non-responsive leg on one side and felt tight/spasmy. He correctly diagnosed that as a lower back issue, subsequently confirmed with a PT by finding positions where my cramping muscles would relax. Turned out that all the lower back stretching I'd been doing was backwards and I needed to spend a lot of time with my back arched. Seemingly so the disk would be pushed forward and stop squeezing the nerves. He gave me some exercises and it got a lot better in about 6 weeks.

My attempts before that looked a lot like the poses KQ posted. All that to say, make sure you can confirm the specific cause. I think there are yoga poses if it's this type, too--some kinda snake maybe? I'll defer to KQ.

Pfizer #2 this morning. I welcome my robot overlords.

Missoula County
    Total Doses Administered: 92,272
    Dose #1 Administered: 55,286
    Fully Immunized: 39,615
    Doses per 1,000 people: 924.4
    Eligible Population to be Vaccinated: 99,813

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Just to throw out a kind of counterpoint: some years ago (how did that happen?) I was skiing with Cat in January and had a sort of non-responsive leg on one side and felt tight/spasmy. He correctly diagnosed that as a lower back issue, subsequently confirmed with a PT by finding positions where my cramping muscles would relax. Turned out that all the lower back stretching I'd been doing was backwards and I needed to spend a lot of time with my back arched. Seemingly so the disk would be pushed forward and stop squeezing the nerves. He gave me some exercises and it got a lot better in about 6 weeks.

My attempts before that looked a lot like the poses KQ posted. All that to say, make sure you can confirm the specific cause. I think there are yoga poses if it's this type, too--some kinda snake maybe? I'll defer to KQ.
    Ya gotta try several until you find the one that gives you relief. Reverse of those I showed would be sphinx and cobra also fish in addition to bridge pose pictured above. This page has some good stuff with demo videos.

Name:  fishpose.png
Views: 976
Size:  94.6 KB

You can also do it supported with a block

Name:  Supported FP.png
Views: 911
Size:  180.0 KB

Might consider camel too (7 Steps to Practicing Camel Pose (Ustrasana)) and bow.

Camel:

Bow:

I love using blocks - so many great ways to get a passive stretch esp. for the back. This page, Unlock Your Backbends With Yoga Blocks, has some good stuff.

One more - Cat/Cow is a great one for loosening up the lower back: How to Do Cat-Cow Pose in Yoga
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Now that we've completely derailed this thread....

Thanks for the tips. I'll try some of these and see if there's a benefit. My issues relate to disintegrated or degenerated discs, moderate to severe arthropathy, and Degenerative spondylolisthesis (slippage of L4/L5 vertebrae) similar to the photo below. I'm not too sure if these can help but I'll try them and see how I feel.

Thanks for the tips. I'll try some of these and see if there's a benefit. My issues relate to disintegrated or degenerated discs, moderate to severe arthropathy, and Degenerative spondylolisthesis (slippage of L4/L5 vertebrae) similar to the photo below. I'm not too sure if these can help but I'll try them and see how I feel.

Same exact problem here and those stretches certainly do help me. Problem is remembering to take the time each day to actually do them.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Pfizer #2 this morning. I welcome my robot overlords.

Missoula County
    Total Doses Administered: 92,272
    Dose #1 Administered: 55,286
    Fully Immunized: 39,615
    Doses per 1,000 people: 924.4
    Eligible Population to be Vaccinated: 99,813
    Got my #2 in today as well at the Adams center.

Get fucked anti-vaxers

Same exact problem too, L4-L5, L5-S1. PT told me childs pose and twisting poses not good. Poses that arch the back, like fish and there's another one where you lay flat with your legs out and a block under your hips/sacrum that stretched the front (KQ probably knows the name) that feels really good. I use blocks and do a supported fish. My hips get really tight and that pulls on my lower back, so I have a stretches that I try to do regularly.

After Pfizer # 2, I was just really tired the next day and had soreness in my hips and shoulders which was odd. It was all gone by Saturday morning.

I receive Pfizer shot #2 this morning. I gave it a few hours and still felt fine so I did my chest and triceps workout. Little surprised I didn't have a sore arm after the shot considering my arm was sore after the first shot.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Same exact problem too, L4-L5, L5-S1. PT told me childs pose and twisting poses not good. Poses that arch the back, like fish and there's another one where you lay flat with your legs out and a block under your hips/sacrum that stretched the front (KQ probably knows the name) that feels really good. I use blocks and do a supported fish. My hips get really tight and that pulls on my lower back, so I have a stretches that I try to do regularly.

After Pfizer # 2, I was just really tired the next day and had soreness in my hips and shoulders which was odd. It was all gone by Saturday morning.

Blocks under sacrum (extended leg variation)

How to:

Start in Restorative Bridge (the first pose in this sequence).
    Begin to extend both legs out long in front of you on the mat.
    Let your hip flexors spill over the blocks.
    Take deep breathes into your belly, low back, and hips.
    Roll your inner thighs down and relax through the gluteals.
    Let the chest roll open and your shoulders down the back.
    If you are on the lowest setting, try drawing one knee in toward the armpit, hold for 5 breaths, then switch sides.

Block benefit:

Releases hip flexors and low back
    Supports extension of the spine
    Restorative stretch for the deep muscles of the psoas and abdomen
    Stretches through the fronts of the thighs

I wonder if any of the variations of puppy pose might help too as the back is dropped slightly rather than rounded in child's pose (extended, block under forehead or blocks under hands - found on this page: Unlock Your Backbends With Yoga Blocks)
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post

Plow...<snicker>
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Chinese Vaccination has been a dud in Chile. 50 % effective. Why am I not surprised.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/19/covi...e-rollout.html
    This was known from the beginning, but has to be taken in context. The recent, preliminary, study in Chile is actually favorable for CoronVac (Sinovac), when the prevention of hospitalization is taken into account, which is 85%.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/ar...le-govt-report

"The CoronaVac vaccine was 85% effective in preventing hospitalizations and 80% effective in preventing deaths". Unlike other vaccines, however, one dose is nearly useless, and many people had the impression they were "immune". There has been bad communication in general with the vaccination drive, and on the results of the study. What is clear, is that the P.1 and B.1.1.7 variants are in circulation, however to what extent is not yet known. The other point is that hospitalizations are now 66% under-60´s, who are just recently starting to receive the second dose. Most in Chile are confident that the vaccine will be beneficial in the fight against the virus, but not on its own.

I think it is still too soon to judge information on vaccine efficacy and risks, especially with the current and future variants, but here is what the Economist says:

Name:  IMG_2530.PNG
Views: 897
Size:  29.4 KB

Sinovac is definitely not the vaccine of choice, but is MUCH better than no vaccine. Sputnik is way up there, against all predictions, so what other surprises await us?

Anyway, aside from the 180m Sinovac doses in China, this is where the rest of them are going:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2533.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	372116

Definitely a poor mans vaccine, but with the convoluted roll out of the western jabs, it will probably be important in getting the thing under control in the rest of the world. If the chinese do one thing right, it is "ramping up production".

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post

Plow...<snicker>
    Excellent for those times you wanna go full Rocco Siffredi on your lady.

Appts have dropped off the cliff here which seems odd given that we are now taking all comers. J&J backlash?

Does a member of society have the right to know if another member of society has been vaccinated?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

One thing that I don't see in assessments of vaccine efficacy and in reports of breakthrough cases is any mention of breaches of cold protocol with the mRNA shots. Surely there must be events where a vaccine was thawed too long and someone who didn't want to get into trouble or was just careless or just didn't realize how long the vaccine was out gave it. I know there is temp tracking of boxes of vaccine in transit but I don't think there is any temp tracking of individual vials. Or is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Does a member of society have the right to know if another member of society has been vaccinated?
    It's a legitimate question. I'd say you have a right to know if it affects your interaction with the person--whether you need to wear a mask, not spend time with them indoors, etc. Right now they are still saying unmasked contact is only ok if both or all parties are vaccinated. Maybe that will turn out to be the case long term or not who knows.
    (If vaccine efficacy is 90% and both people are vaccinated the chance of one person transmitting the virus to the other is 1%. Actually less, since even if an individual is one of the 10%, they are only infectious for about 2 weeks and if the interaction occurs outside the 2 weeks no transmission will occur.
    OTOH--efficacy is not one number--it will decrease with time, and not just because of immunity waning over time or an inadequate response to the vaccine. Getting infected after vaccination is partly a matter of chance--being exposed to a high enough dose of virus to overwhelm an otherwise adequate immune response. The farther out after vaccination you go the higher the chance that you will have encountered such an overwhelming viral load. )

What was the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Yes, if he or she employs said member of society, to start.

Five days after my Pfizer #1, my armpit is super swollen and sore on my right (injection) side.

Nutmegchoi mentioned this earlier otherwise I might have freaked out, but it is an uncommon side effect. Non stop discomfort and pain for 48 hours, radiates to shoulder joint.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    appointments booked! For those in the eastside Seattle area, keep checking the Snoqualmie Tribe's Lake Sammamish site, they are constantly adding appointments in small batches. They book both (Moderna) doses up front.

https://snoqualmievaccine.snoqualmietribeweb.us/

Quote Originally Posted by PowderHorse View Post
    Five days after my Pfizer #1, my armpit is super swollen and sore on my right (injection) side.

Nutmegchoi mentioned this earlier otherwise I might have freaked out, but it is an uncommon side effect. Non stop discomfort and pain for 48 hours, radiates to shoulder joint.

Appts have dropped off the cliff here which seems odd given that we are now taking all comers. J&J backlash?
    I noticed the same thing when I got my second shot last weekend. Zero wait in line, when it was 2 hrs wait for the first shot.

Yeah I suspect people are spooked by the J&J blood clots, even though it is 6 people out of 7 million doses administered.

Most people are math illiterate.

Good luck with your second shot...

Actually don't if you can manage it.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...derations.html

“Management of post-vaccination symptoms

Antipyretic or analgesic medications (e.g., acetaminophen, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) can be taken for the treatment of post-vaccination local or systemic symptoms, if medically appropriate. However, routine prophylactic administration of these medications for the purpose of preventing post-vaccination symptoms is not currently recommended, because information on the impact of such use on mRNA COVID-19 vaccine-induced antibody responses is not available at this time.”

I had the same reaction to my first Pfizer injection (and mentioned it here back in late February). Lymph node inflammation. NBD. It started 4 or so days after my first jab and lasted for about 3 days. Doing pushups and wearing tight-fitting baselayers were both moderately uncomfortable. 10/10, would do it again.