Page 146 of 929 FirstFirst ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Its pretty fascinating how everyone has switched sides. Used to be a bunch of hippies in the PNW didnt want vaccines because reasons. That mentality has switched sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Hardcore antivaxxers were always mostly a strange mix of upper-middle-class suburbanite super naturalistic/hippie liberals and lower-middle class conservative quasi-conspiracy-thinking religious types.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The people I know who won't get it are pseudo-woke white collar small c conservative-to-small L libertarians who think they're smarter than everyone else.
    I'm not sure that I even know anybody who could be described as a hippie, and I live in ground zero for PNW Feel the Bern liberalism. I definitely know some anti-vaxxers though.

1st Pfeizer = sore arm, fatigue for 36 hours, then back to 100% next morning
    2nd Pfeizer = slight fever (100.5) for 24 hours, then back to 100% next morning
    Son (16) got his first yesterday and feels fine today.

Very thankful to be vaccinated. Get your shots. Rising world rate of infection is alarming and will lead to problems.

Hardcore antivaxxers were always mostly a strange mix of upper-middle-class suburbanite super naturalistic/hippie liberals and lower-middle class conservative quasi-conspiracy-thinking religious types.
    I strangely relate to this combo?

Wife and I got J&J last Thursday. Little boo boo on the shoulder; we felt tired the next day and went to bed early; her leg was achey and she took a Tylenol; we've felt fine since.

We hydrated well before and after. We lifted weights that night after putting the toddler to bed (the check-in lady said it helped her sore arm on her 2nd - seemed to work and now we're swole). I intentionally skipped my nightly beer (or 4) to isolate any other effects. 1 young dude was having a bad reaction in the middle of the waiting room but he did not appear very healthy and there was ample support there for him.

I'm still nervous for our unborn child but I do feel a sense of relief. I feel like the winter melt-off and spring blossoming is more metaphorical this year than most.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The whole anti-vax thing is very weird.The new age'y anti-vaxxers seem to be more women than men; the anti-covid anti-vaxxers more men than women. And then there are the Haredis. (BTW the 3rd season of Shtisel is even better than the first two.) Antivax is just a symptom of an entire country that's lost its mind.
    Trust, faith and belief has been effectively eroded. Foreign intervention in our elections, politicians (most prolifically, Trump) openly lying and encouraging disbelief in traditional news media (which is monopolized by a few elite) and social media posts by morons (on platforms manipulated by our Silicon Valley overlords). Throw in a year of isolation and an increasing amount of online time, leading everyone further into their own echo chambers, and it's easy to see why everyone else but you is an idiot.

1st Pfizer: arm sorta hurt the next day
    2nd Pfizer: arm sorta hurt the day of and next day, kinda tired the next day, slept like shit that next night. Fine after that.
    I'll count that as extremely mild side effects.

Wife unit reports that one of the nurses she knows took Pfizer back in the December offerings at the hospital. She was just diagnosed with COVID. Guess she was in the 5% window.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Shot #2 is in the books. Happy to have that done, now just awaiting the side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Of course China should have jumped on this instantly, but they didn't and America had unilaterally sacrificed its international epidemic sensing apparatus and domestic epidemic game plan, as well as trillions in economic leverage to "smaller government" and trade war.
    I see Biden's Sec of State Blinken joining the blame China bandwagon. I had to double check he wasn't on Trump's payroll.

As near as I can tell, China has plenty of problems, but pandemic response is not one of them. I've seen that Trump had notice in early/mid December. American virologists were concerned by NYE. WHO went to heightened alert status on Jan 1. Data was widely shared by Jan 10. The major city of Wuhan locked down Jan 23. How loud a warning must China give? By mid-March, China had well controlled Covid within its borders. Since then, they've continued research and production to support the global effort. China's actions demonstrated a solution, and bought the world several months to mount a response. And yet here we are, 16 months later, pandemic still raging.

Exactly how instantly must China respond to a novel disease? Grading on a curve vs other countries, surely they earned an A.

Not to excuse the US's abysmal response but I've read that china knew about it as early as sept.

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I see Biden's Sec of State Blinken joining the blame China bandwagon. I had to double check he wasn't on Trump's payroll.

As near as I can tell, China has plenty of problems, but pandemic response is not one of them. I've seen that Trump had notice in early/mid December. American virologists were concerned by NYE. WHO went to heightened alert status on Jan 1. Data was widely shared by Jan 10. The major city of Wuhan locked down Jan 23. How loud a warning must China give? By mid-March, China had well controlled Covid within its borders. Since then, they've continued research and production to support the global effort. China's actions demonstrated a solution, and bought the world several months to mount a response. And yet here we are, 16 months later, pandemic still raging.

Exactly how instantly must China respond to a novel disease? Grading on a curve vs other countries, surely they earned an A.
    You wanna suck Emperor Xi's dick with a little more gusto? You think China was giving a warning on Jan 23 when USA CDC already had issued a HAN, were already screening passengers, and hospitals were already preparing?

PRC should have been issuing alerts 1 month earlier! Instead the Chinese were actively persecuting and prosecuting their own physicians in December and January for spreading news and concern. Look at Dr. Li Wenliang as the most publicized example. He's dead now... of COVID. The Chinese almost certainly had the full genome in late December but the world didn't get it until mid January setting back testing and vaccine efforts.

PRC was absolutely suppressing extent and detail of COVID, including denying human to human transmission. They were obfuscating what they knew and when they knew it from the start through today. They were demanding foreign nations and WHO fellate them publicly for their limited revelations otherwise they would cut off all information!

Internally? China did some of the same dumb shit in spades that other countries did like quarantining people inside multigenerational family abodes leading to stacks of bodies while they could have housed them elsewhere. They knew better. We still don't know their true body count, but it was much higher than advertised. The only thing China truly achieved was using the CCP's power to exercise quarantine and cordon sanitaire in the way only a totalitarian nation can to shut down the raging fire, but they did it late.

Grade their internal response on a curve if you want, but if New Zealand gets an A I don't see how you can give PRC the same grade. Get a towel. You got Winnie the Poo Spoo all over you.

The one thing that is for sure is China fucked the world over.

Quarantining Wuhan - A Success???
    CCP announced the impending quarantine loudly many days ahead of time and literally MILLIONS of Wuhan residents and many millions of Hubei residents predictably fled including literally millions who fled China to many nations around the world, many while infected. That set back the entire world weeks in terms of spiking cases early to to this dose of infected travelers when the world wasn't capable of testing and screening was quite ineffective. The world should have blocked all travel with China immediately on that announcement, and many voices called for it, but it was something which China was throwing all of its media/political/economic/social power in opposing such travel bans in a heavy handed manner including playing on Western concepts of racism to oppose such necessary action. That is just one example of many.

MY TAKE:
    Look at timing of their quarantine and shutdown actions vs Chinese New Years and other holiday/international travel, plus information suppression, and you'll see clear as day where their priorities were and you'll see that their public perception/PRC economics was always above their own safety and to hell with the rest of the world. I do not think China created this virus nor let it go intentionally, even if they had it for research (which I don't know). I do think PRC found themselves in the midst of an "embarrassing" and crippling pandemic that was largely burning inside one province. How Xi/CCP chose to proceed directly resulted in awful things. If you think for a moment that CCP discussions didn't cover what would happen to Chinese economic interests if the rest of the world escaped the pandemic and shutdowns while China was burning and shutdown, you are a fool. Not as though the world could have fully escaped the fire, but the Chinese actions were the equivalent of throwing burning embers across the forests of this world.

Whether you want to deem their actions uncaring incompetence or calculated malicious self-interest, I don't care. Either way: Fuck the Chinese Communist Party and Fuck Emperor Xi.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	371328
    Last edited by Summit; 04-12-2021 at 03:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Name:  INYIMV.png
Views: 573
Size:  169.8 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

The Trumpiest trump town, at 7% vax

https://www.al.com/news/2021/04/in-a...d-vaccine.html
    . . .

https://www.al.com/news/2021/04/in-a...d-vaccine.html

That's funny because he and his family got the vax months ago.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Pfizer #1 today at Boulder Community Health. I feel very lucky to have scored an appointment in town! Neck is more sore than normal but could be stress, desk work, etc so who knows.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Name:	IMG_0754.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	229.2 KB 
ID:	371343

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Second Pfizer shot yesterday...no side effects from either shot.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Saw live music at sugarbowl both days this weekend. I almost cried.

<nice rant, eh?>
    Whether you want to deem their actions uncaring incompetence or calculated malicious self-interest, I don't care.
    Reminds me of the "blame Iraq" run-up to the Iraq war. Lies have consequences. Do you really believe another country would have handled this better? There is no magic novel virus detector, no ready test supply, and no treatment. About 200 other countries knew there was a pandemic coming, knew the sequence, test kits were designed, and some treatments tested, and even so, just about all of them failed to contain or control it. Had it started in the US, if we even detected it, we'd've been telling the world it was "just a little flu," "nothing to worry about," be "under control in a couple weeks", "turning the corner" - all actual quotes from our leadership. I'm not blaming our leadership - very few countries had effective responses.

If we're to succeed at the next pandemic, and there will be one, we need to look honestly at what worked and what didn't in this one. Blaming China is not the path to future success.

Also, in the spirit of Shakespeare, I've stumbled across a xenophobia story of Dutch prince Noraly in a foreign land, Peru.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5a7...nel=ItchyBoots
    Perhaps within is a lesson about xenophobia and blind hatred of the other. Skip ahead a few acts to 13:00 if you must.

Either way: Fuck the Chinese Communist Party and Fuck Emperor Xi.
    [/B]
    Better left to poliass? That's what I mean by "China has plenty of problems." Covid response is not among them.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Looks like J&J is off the table for a bit due to blood clots. I got my one and done Sunday with only minor side effects. Question for those that use birth control, how do these vaccines compare to birth control for rates of blood clots?

Current numbers from the EMA;

$AZN 169 CVST cases + 53 of splanchnic vein thrombosis; 34m vaccinated
    $BNTX $PFE 35 CVST cases, 54m vaccinated
    $MRNA 5 CVST cases, 4m vaccinated
    $JNJ 6 CVST cases, 6.8m vaccinated

Very rare events. God forbid you get CVST, 92% recover with no long term effects.

This guy gets it .... I'm worried.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 8.19.39 AM.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	343.5 KB 
ID:	371387

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Pfizer #1 yesterday afternoon— no residual effects felt yet

The 16yo’s appt got canceled on us so the search starts up again to get him a spot
    [first eligibility ques is DOB...and they call saying it’s Moderna a week after he made the appt; so, no dice...ugh]

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    Looks like J&J is off the table for a bit due to blood clots. I got my one and done Sunday with only minor side effects. Question for those that use birth control, how do these vaccines compare to birth control for rates of blood clots?
    There have been six cases in 6 million doses administered. This type of blood clot occurs in six people per million annually who have not received a vaccine. BTW seriously ill Covid patients often develop blood clots.

The six cases appear to have been in women with low platelets.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Pfizer #1 yesterday afternoon— no residual effects felt yet

The 16yo’s appt got canceled on us so the search starts up again to get him a spot
    [first eligibility ques is DOB...and they call saying it’s Moderna a week after he made the appt; so, no dice...ugh]
    X2. Pfizer1 yesterday. Shoulder a bit sore, but that’s it so far...