Page 73 of 929 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post

Might have to change my opinion that most HR managers and neither human or a resource.
    Stick to your guns on that one.

HR got it set up for us to get the shot at work. Open to all employees,contractors, and our spouses which is pretty sweet IMO. Got the first dose of moderna a little over a week ago.

Might have to change my opinion that most HR managers and neither human or a resource.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    Oh my sweet summer child. No. Someone higher up decided to do this, and HR is tasked with it's execution. Still a very cool move, but understand HR acts on behalf of management, not the other way around.

Seems like there maybe enough J&J vaccines and the demand for them maybe lessened by the perception that it is inferior to Phizer / moderna that they are available to a wider array of people? I’d take it in a heartbeat. I’d like to be vaccinated before the baby comes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The other issue with the J and J is how it compares in transmission to the mRNA's. I wonder if people who get the J and J will be revaccinated with mRNA once supplies are improved. Not unusual for vaccinated people to be revaccinated as improved versions come on the market--pneumococcus and shingles recently, These aren't situations where the protection wears off but where the new vaccine is more effective than the old.

Even if it's less effective at preventing the disease entirely, the fact that it's 100% effective at keeping you out of the hospital and has the potential to double the number of people being vaccinated makes it well worth it IMO.

I like the idea of giving it to those in lower risk groups. Let's just get this out there and move past all of this before they start telling us to tape a whole box of masks to our faces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Oh my sweet summer child. No. Someone higher up decided to do this, and HR is tasked with it's execution. Still a very cool move, but understand HR acts on behalf of management, not the other way around.
    No, I was in the meeting when she told us (including our GM) that a friend at another mine was getting it and she would call to find out if we could. Our boss was as surprised as me.

There's plenty of crap that comes from up above that she gets to push on us. This just isn't one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The other issue with the J and J is how it compares in transmission to the mRNA's. I wonder if people who get the J and J will be revaccinated with mRNA once supplies are improved.
    Same
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

No, I was in the meeting when she told us (including our GM) that a friend at another mine was getting it and she would call to find out if we could. Our boss was as surprised as me.

There's plenty of crap that comes from up above that she gets to push on us. This just isn't one of those.

Apologies for the wrong assumption.

Question for the smart people. A guy I know has MS and is on immunosuppressants for it. He is very anxious to get the shot but is not currently eligible in CA. The question is--does the vaccine do any good if you're immunosuppressed? My recollection is no, although I supposed it might depend on what drugs and dose.
    Perhaps not a smart person answer, but based on smarterer persons opinions/best guesses, in the realm of (not surprisingly) a dearth of data, the current thinking in our group (where a great number of the people we serve have dysfunctional and/or actively suppressed immune systems) is that even a blunted suboptimal response is better than none, so we are recommending it. mRNA preps only, not J&J etc.

And yes, it depends on the nature of the immunosuppression, we have made-up totally arbitrary guidelines we have put together that kinda sorta takes this into account. And we will likely recommend boosters in the future for this population, though this is a work in progress.

My wife got her first shot of Pfizer last Thursday, then we were off to the mountain. No real residual effects other than the vax site being a little sore for about a day. However, she's strangely taking on a resemblance to this guy....

It's been two weeks since Moderna #1 so theoretically I should have pretty good protection but I find myself being just as careful and not any more relaxed about it. Habit I guess. Assuming I'm typical of the human race--a dubious assumption I know--I suspect that it will take a while after most people have been vaccinated for the people who have been careful to stop being careful--although probably not as long as the CDC will want.

Went over my older 65ish neighbors house yesterday. We i’ve been gathering in a small group throughout the Covid., Using masks inside when we are unable to distance and spreading out widely in their large home.

Now that they’ve gotten vax #1, the wife no longer wears the mask when we gather in close quarters and just marched right into my space to talk to me yesterday. Her face was 3feet from mine and I backed up making a comment about space.

“But I’m vaccinated now! Well halfway “. As if she couldn’t catch it or spread it.

Me be like: “you know the reason we social distance is so that you don’t give it to anyone as well as contract it, right? and it still hasn’t been shown that vaccinated people will not spread the virus, right?”

She disregarded my comments.

Lately I’ve been seeing all these vaccinated people severely relax their protocols… And me being on the bottom of the list, i’m feeling my exposure potential going through the roof lately. We’ve created the social inequality of VAX people versus the Novax and it’s not an easy thing to deal with. I think I might need to just hide out for the spring.

It's been two weeks since Moderna #1 so theoretically I should have pretty good protection but I find myself being just as careful and not any more relaxed about it. Habit I guess. Assuming I'm typical of the human race--a dubious assumption I know--I suspect that it will take a while after most people have been vaccinated for the people who have been careful to stop being careful--although probably not as long as the CDC will want.
    Curious about what habits you would change for yourself.

We’re wondering for ourselves, and currently using the ski season and school year as the excuse for not changing behaviors and making plans with others. My wife and I are vaxed, our parents are vaxed, my wife’s siblings will soon receive #1, their spouses have no idea when they’ll get a turn, and none of my kids, nieces, and nephews are old enough for the vaxes (3 of the kids are between 13 and 15).

Heard today about our kids’ teacher (5th grade) hanging out Saturday night with friends). I believe they are all teachers and/or had covid. Concerning to hear the story being broadcasted to the distance learning class.

Are bars and eateries filling up in truckee like they are in west county?

British Columbia extending time between 1st and 2nd vaccine doses to 4 months.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ovid-1.5931543

Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said data from the B.C. Centre for Disease Control — and countries around the world such as the United Kingdom and New Zealand — shows "miraculous" protection of at least 90 per cent from the first dose of a Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post

Lately I’ve been seeing all these vaccinated people severely relax their protocols… And me being on the bottom of the list, i’m feeling my exposure potential going through the roof lately. We’ve created the social inequality of VAX people versus the Novax and it’s not an easy thing to deal with. I think I might need to just hide out for the spring.
    Yup. Def. feeling like I've got the short end of the stick.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Looking at the numbers, we should be able to have supply for 220 million by the end of May. That would cover 85% of the US 18+ population.

This is without any additional vaccines. AZ could be available in April and Novavax could be available in May.

My wife went and signed up this morning but I couldn't go with her. She drove me over there to sign up this afternoon around 4:00 and there was a National Guard soldier there who said they had extra shots from the day they had to use up so I could just go in and get stuck.

But I have a medical thing Thursday and I didn't know if it would be okay with the Docs to get a shot so close to it so I had to pass but they let me go get her out of the car and send her in so she got her 1st shot and they scheduled a second one for her in 3 weeks. She's stoked.

Maine just announced 50+ in April, stoked and don’t think it’ll change much for my lifestyle right away. The GF is in the next age band and I work at a resort so staying careful for awhile. It’s going to be a learning curve to ease back into the world.

I really want to go to the Lock’n Festival in October. Seems kinda like breaking a fast by eating chicken wings at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ugh. I'm dealing with Oregon's mess while trying to help get my folks signed up. Pops found an appt at Safeway last week but holy shit how many times can I hit refresh hoping for available shots....

I know a lot of people are struggling too but just had to get my bitch out there. Good luck all.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Went over my older 65ish neighbors house yesterday. We i’ve been gathering in a small group throughout the Covid., Using masks inside when we are unable to distance and spreading out widely in their large home.

Now that they’ve gotten vax #1, the wife no longer wears the mask when we gather in close quarters and just marched right into my space to talk to me yesterday. Her face was 3feet from mine and I backed up making a comment about space.

“But I’m vaccinated now! Well halfway “. As if she couldn’t catch it or spread it.

Me be like: “you know the reason we social distance is so that you don’t give it to anyone as well as contract it, right? and it still hasn’t been shown that vaccinated people will not spread the virus, right?”

She disregarded my comments.

I saw a case where someone was convinced their COVID symptoms must be altitude illness (despite being at altitude for weeks) because this person's close contacts were all vaccinated and this person wore a mask outside their place. This person was in public while symptomatic (bars/restaurants/busses/skiing) for a week. Ending up in the ICU with severe COVID brought the reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Ugh. I'm dealing with Oregon's mess while trying to help get my folks signed up. Pops found an appt at Safeway last week but holy shit how many times can I hit refresh hoping for available shots....

I know a lot of people are struggling too but just had to get my bitch out there. Good luck all.
    Early on OHA made it unnecessarily complex to even find a place to sign up for a vax. Got my in-laws signed up, but it only happened after much tinkering with the sign up page. FIL has health issues that made him part of early phases and the MIL is is caretaker. Anyhow, just echoing your frustrations. Now we wait until we're eligible. Lots of people jumping the line in my orbit...but I'm feeling like that's fine, just nice to see people are getting the vax. Not sure if Oregon with all our anti-vaxing morons will be able to get to the percentages needed. Again, venting.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I saw a case where someone was convinced their COVID symptoms must be altitude illness (despite being at altitude for weeks) because this person's close contacts were all vaccinated and this person wore a mask outside their place. This person was in public while symptomatic (bars/restaurants/busses/skiing) for a week. Ending up in the ICU with severe COVID brought the reality.
    It’s difficult to believe that somebody who goes to bars and restaurants can only claim close contact with people that are vaxed. How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    British Columbia extending time between 1st and 2nd vaccine doses to 4 months.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ovid-1.5931543

Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said data from the B.C. Centre for Disease Control — and countries around the world such as the United Kingdom and New Zealand — shows "miraculous" protection of at least 90 per cent from the first dose of a Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

Tell Bonnie to go back to sniffing her shoes until more data are available.

Even if it's less effective at preventing the disease entirely, the fact that it's 100% effective at keeping you out of the hospital and has the potential to double the number of people being vaccinated makes it well worth it IMO.

I like the idea of giving it to those in lower risk groups. Let's just get this out there and move past all of this before they start telling us to tape a whole box of masks to our faces.
    This has generally been my take. Add in that it's more transportable, you only need one, so easier to disseminate, etc and it's still a huge win.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.