Page 59 of 929 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Seems like a great opportunity for some kind of pilot program connecting tech-savvy high school seniors with buddy elderly for signup assistance. HS Seniors live on their phones and usually need [should be involved in] community service.
    Or maybe just people in general being kind. I signed up a neighbor who couldn't do it themselves.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Perhaps the most impressive thing about the Covid-19 vaccines is zero hospitalizations and zero deaths since the very beginning of the trials. It's remarkable:

Attachment 361331

Today's vaccines are probably the safest and most effective medical intervention in existence. They are probably safer than ibuprofen which has serious side effects resulting in an estimated 16K deaths and causes 100K hospitalizations in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Holy shit it's hard to get a vaccine. I've been listening to my wife trying to get her mom signed up and there are apps and codes and stuff that the older generation just don't understand. It's been the same battle getting one for my mom. These 70+ year olds need to be able to call a number and get their vaccine appointment.
    Are they in CO? Happy to pass along resources (nothing beyond what you can easily find with a google search) I gathered for my mom, although I think it was the local (Estes Park) sign up that finally worked.

Both my parents (my dad is in MA) had their initial appointments cancelled. My mom got a call that they were out of vaccines. My father got a call saying they'd accidentally put him on a list he wasn't eligible for. I've heard similar stories from others. I suggest that anyone who gets signed up be prepared for some short term disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Or maybe just people in general being kind. I signed up a neighbor who couldn't do it themselves.
    Awesome and I hope everyone can find a way to do similar. But clearly, with the isolation caused by the pandemic, that's not going to be a solution for most of the elderly in the short-term.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Perhaps the most impressive thing about the Covid-19 vaccines is zero hospitalizations and zero deaths since the very beginning of the trials. It's remarkable:

Attachment 361331

Today's vaccines are probably the safest and most effective medical intervention in existence. They are probably safer than ibuprofen which has serious side effects resulting in an estimated 16K deaths and causes 100K hospitalizations in the U.S.
    Something funky with that table...mare people have received the J&J than Moderna to date?

Holy shit it's hard to get a vaccine. I've been listening to my wife trying to get her mom signed up and there are apps and codes and stuff that the older generation just don't understand. It's been the same battle getting one for my mom. These 70+ year olds need to be able to call a number and get their vaccine appointment.
    It almost seems like there should have been some sort of *federal* plan in place, long prior to the actual distribution of the vaccines...

Oh, wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Something funky with that table...mare people have received the J&J than Moderna to date?
    The table shows the number of vaccinations for the U.S. trials not the number of people vaccinated outside the trials. The J&J trial was larger.

There has been a lot of attention focused on the excellent numbers for efficacy but very little on the excellent numbers for safety.

It's also possible the vaccines have nearly the same excellent efficacy numbers and that any differences have to do with the different trial periods.

The bottom line: Take Any Available Vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The table shows the number of vaccinations for the U.S. trials not the number of people vaccinated outside the trials. The J&J trial was larger.

There has been a lot of attention focused on the excellent numbers for efficacy but very little on the excellent numbers for safety.

It's also possible the vaccines have nearly the same excellent efficacy numbers and that any differences have to do with the different trial periods.

The bottom line: Take Any Available Vaccine.
    Thanks, that's what I figured, but thought I'd ask.

I'd be pumped to have any of the coronavirus vaccines at this point. J&J looks pretty friggin good to me.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Fake Tennessee driver's license and roll to Bristol Motor Speedway. Rubbin's racin' baby.

Daughter, 26 yo, took Moderna #2 yesterday. Kicked her ass. Nauseous, headache, extreme joint pain, fatigue.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Are they in CO? Happy to pass along resources (nothing beyond what you can easily find with a google search) I gathered for my mom, although I think it was the local (Estes Park) sign up that finally worked.
    Seems to be very localized. I know my mom would have gotten hers by now here in Gunnison county. She's in Jeffco (hence the goldenboy thing). MIL is Ohio.

Seems to be very localized. I know my mom would have gotten hers by now here in Gunnison county. She's in Jeffco (hence the goldenboy thing). MIL is Ohio.
    Ohio seems to be a shitshow. My mom's a teacher but no word yet when she'll get it.

Montrose County seems to be a shitshow too, not sure I'm even qualified even though I'm essential and travel to SLC for work. But what should I expect from the same people who closed the damn drive through testing center for the county. You are supposed to go to a doctor's office or walgreens if you are sick. FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post

Daughter, 26 yo, took Moderna #2 yesterday. Kicked her ass. Nauseous, headache, extreme joint pain, fatigue.
    Same for my friend's husband (56). I've heard 1) the Moderna is like that and 2) for younger people with a more robust immune system it is worse.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

^^^^funny, I’ve heard the same from a number of people who got the second Pfizer shot.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    ^^^^funny, I’ve heard the same from a number of people who got the second Pfizer shot.
    Eh... probably both because I've also heard the 2nd overall is worse.

I'm not looking forward to either as the flu shot lays me out so I can't imagine what this is going to do to me.

And lots of folks that received the placebo had reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Fake Tennessee driver's license and roll to Bristol Motor Speedway. Rubbin's racin' baby.

Got moderna number 2, 24hrs ago. Really soar arm, more than the first shot. And a little stiff waking up this morning. Otherwise all good.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Two of my doctor friends that had the Pfizer vaccine said the 2nd dose was worse than the first, but that a hangover is worse. Being intimately familiar with hangovers I think the vaccine aftermath seems pretty tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Two of my doctor friends that had the Pfizer vaccine said the 2nd dose was worse than the first, but that a hangover is worse. Being intimately familiar with hangovers I think the vaccine aftermath seems pretty tame.
    I had worse soreness at the injection site of Pfizer #2, and felt pretty run down the day after. Woke up day two post-injection and felt fine.....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    I had worse soreness at the injection site of Pfizer #2, and felt pretty run down the day after. Woke up day two post-injection and felt fine.....
    not great, but sounds ok to me. Plus, when I really tie one on I have a hangover for two days it seems.

Months ago it was estimated February or March to begin 65 yo and general public. Seems to be on schedule with large vaccination centers opening up all across California this week.

The second COVID-19 shot is a rude reawakening for immune cells.

Side effects are just a sign that protection is kicking in as it should. Dose No. 2 is more likely to pack a punch—in large part because the effects of the second shot build iteratively on the first.

When the immune system detects a virus, it will dispatch cells and molecules to memorize its features so it can be fought off more swiftly in the future. Vaccines impart these same lessons without involving the disease-causing pathogen itself—the immunological equivalent of training wheels or water wings.

Once delivered into the upper arm, the mRNA instructs the body’s own cells to produce a coronavirus protein called spike—a molecule that elicits powerful, infection-fighting antibody responses in people battling COVID-19.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...ffects/617892/

I wake up on random Saturdays with migraines that last all day and unless I medicate they can be disabling. Totally random AFAIK except always on my first day off work. I have zero concern for the vaccine side effect beyond just general curiosity. Why do some people fixate? I'd get constipated if I worried about side effects on top of getting it in the first place.

My parents still seem exhausted after yesterday's double blind virtual hunger games appointment chase with Walgreens and the world's slowest internet service my dad refuses to upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Ohio seems to be a shitshow. My mom's a teacher but no word yet when she'll get it.

Montrose County seems to be a shitshow too, not sure I'm even qualified even though I'm essential and travel to SLC for work. But what should I expect from the same people who closed the damn drive through testing center for the county. You are supposed to go to a doctor's office or walgreens if you are sick. FFS.
    You could potentially be eligible to get it in SL County. If you work in any Utah counties other than SL the lines are pretty short

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    My parents still seem exhausted after yesterday's double blind virtual hunger games appointment chase with Walgreens and the world's slowest internet service my dad refuses to upgrade.
    In my day, the internet had to walk to your house in the snow, uphill, both directions, and we liked it that way!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    And lots of folks that received the placebo had reactions.
    On our annual ski trip to Rogers pass disguised as a medical confrence medical bro did a course on placebos and apparently

placebos work
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know