Page 252 of 625 FirstFirst ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 15618
  1. #6276
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,693
    Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    One of the few bennies of getting older was when my primary care doctor said the ball squeeze was no longer needed. Then last year the cute NP told me the but hole poke was optional with a blood test. We both agreed to forgo it
    I'd let that PA do it all over again. I do like them redheads. My doc didn't poke me or squeeze me this time. Plenty of blood tests. However, I'm due for a colonoscopy. So it's not really a victory.

  2. #6277
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane/Schweitzer
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I'd let that PA do it all over again. I do like them redheads. My doc didn't poke me or squeeze me this time. Plenty of blood tests. However, I'm due for a colonoscopy. So it's not really a victory.
    I was able to forego the colonoscopy with ColoGuard this last time around. That won't last with my doc for too long but got me through this cycle, thankfully. I hate that shit.

  3. #6278
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,693
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I was able to forego the colonoscopy with ColoGuard this last time around. That won't last with my doc for too long but got me through this cycle, thankfully. I hate that shit.
    Ya, no. Not a candidate for cologuard.

  4. #6279
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    14,371
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I'd let that PA do it all over again. I do like them redheads. My doc didn't poke me or squeeze me this time. Plenty of blood tests. However, I'm due for a colonoscopy. So it's not really a victory.
    Put off the poop scope for five years
    Finally did it last year. Propofol is a hellava drug.
    The procedure ain’t that bad.
    I did give the anesthetist a michael Jackson woo hoo before she pushed the plunger.
    ďIím a subhuman jizz monkeyĒ

    Thx mods. Itís an awesome signature.

  5. #6280
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,057
    Johnny the neighbor used to ski like a madman, para glide off cliffs, kayak widl rivers, all kinds of crazyness to point he should have died from an accident instead of Colon cancer but cancer doesnt care how healthy you are
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  6. #6281
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Ya, no. Not a candidate for cologuard.
    What does it take to be a "candidate" for Cologuard.

    Asking for... a friend.

  7. #6282
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,693
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    What does it take to be a "candidate" for Cologuard.

    Asking for... a friend.
    Dude. Search.

    "Cologuard is intended to screen adults 45 years of age and older who are at average risk for colorectal cancer by detecting certain DNA markers and blood in the stool. Do not use if you have had adenomas, have inflammatory bowel disease and certain hereditary syndromes, or a personal or family history of colorectal cancer. Cologuard is not a replacement for colonoscopy in high risk patients. Cologuard performance in adults ages 45-49 is estimated based on a large clinical study of patients 50 and older."

    I don't fit that profile. Doc started me at age 31. This will be my sixth or seventh one. One loses count. They harvest a whole bunch of polyps each time. Ive also got diverticulosis. And now I've got some other symptoms I want checked out. You happy you asked?

  8. #6283
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,886
    you should start a poop scope thread - (or maybe there already is one)

    you could save a mags life (or at the very least talk them through the prep)

    Name:  IMG_2667.JPG
Views: 354
Size:  51.6 KB

  9. #6284
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Dude. Search.
    I have serfs such as yourself for such pedestrian duties...

  10. #6285
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,057
    I come from a family of bag shitters on my father's mothers side so I get the scope every 5 yar even tho the pro's have never found anything

    used to be pico salax prep which wasnt alot of fun but that latest prep where you drink a gallon sucked even more

    but it was > than the medical assisted suicide
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  11. #6286
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    3,514
    What's a bag shitter?

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  12. #6287
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,057
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    What's a bag shitter?

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    if you don't catch the cancer in time and it doesnt kill you

    you might be using a colostomy bag for the rest of your life

    hence the medical term " Bag Shitter "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  13. #6288
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    14,078
    Me: Feel anything strange doc?
    Doc: Yep. A little something.
    Me: Should I be worried?
    Doc: Nah. At your age and with your other issues you'll die from a heart attack or another organ failure before the colon cancer has the time to get you.
    Me: Thanks doc. I think.

  14. #6289
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,611
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I come from a family of bag shitters on my father's mothers side so I get the scope every 5 yar even tho the pro's have never found anything

    used to be pico salax prep which wasnt alot of fun but that latest prep where you drink a gallon sucked even more

    but it was > than the medical assisted suicide
    Yeah; as the say, "the prep is worse than the scope". Second scoping the prep had me shitting right up to when I was gowning up; didn't say anything, thinking they must be accustom to such surprises. Now I always start the prep no later than Noon the preceding day, and generally get a good night's sleep.

  15. #6290
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    18,388
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Me: Feel anything strange doc?
    Doc: Yep. A little something.
    Me: Should I be worried?
    Doc: Nah. At your age and with your other issues you'll die from a heart attack or another organ failure before the colon cancer has the time to get you.
    Me: Thanks doc. I think.
    I assume you're joking, or your doc was. (That might be true for prostate cancer but not colon.)

  16. #6291
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    14,078
    Prostrate. It was funny to me. Carry on with the rat flu discussion

  17. #6292
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,689
    Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Yeah; as the say, "the prep is worse than the scope". Second scoping the prep had me shitting right up to when I was gowning up; didn't say anything, thinking they must be accustom to such surprises. Now I always start the prep no later than Noon the preceding day, and generally get a good night's sleep.
    Oh, god, thanks for reminding me about that horror. Iím due to go in for a colonoscopy next month.

  18. #6293
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,057
    whatever you do don't be a bag shitter eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  19. #6294
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    whatever you do don't be a bag shitter eh
    Unless youíre on a glacier or other LNT area

  20. #6295
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,689
    I was a bag peer for a few weeks last year. It was actually pretty convenient.

  21. #6296
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    18,388
    I was on a raft trip in the Grand Canyon. I made sure to use the groover in the morning because I didn't want to have to shit in a bag later on. We did have to shit in a bag when we did an overnight down the Virgin Narrows. They give you a bag with chemicals that you just throw in the trash. There are many kinds of bag shitting.

  22. #6297
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I was on a raft trip in the Grand Canyon. I made sure to use the groover in the morning because I didn't want to have to shit in a bag later on. We did have to shit in a bag when we did an overnight down the Virgin Narrows. They give you a bag with chemicals that you just throw in the trash. There are many kinds of bag shitting.
    I watched a video on the best ways to do it on the big walls while on a portaledge. Made me realize why I'd never climb a big wall.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  23. #6298
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    2,653
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I was on a raft trip in the Grand Canyon. I made sure to use the groover in the morning because I didn't want to have to shit in a bag later on. We did have to shit in a bag when we did an overnight down the Virgin Narrows. They give you a bag with chemicals that you just throw in the trash. There are many kinds of bag shitting.
    There used to be a toilet up by Trail Camp on Mt Whitney, but hikers were throwing so much trash in it the Forest Service removed it. Now hikers are given shit bags with their permit that they are required to use. No pooping in a hole, since 50 day hike permits plus thru hikers etc per day and minimal decomposition in the alpine would get super gross really quick. Apparently rangers check to make sure you've used it. I did, and even with the chemicals in it, it still stunk my pack up unbelievably.


    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I watched a video on the best ways to do it on the big walls while on a portaledge. Made me realize why I'd never climb a big wall.
    Haha. Hadn't thought of pooping on one of those. I'm clumsy and would be mostly scared of dropping important things.

  24. #6299
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    18,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I watched a video on the best ways to do it on the big walls while on a portaledge. Made me realize why I'd never climb a big wall.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    My kid has done one big wall and is itching to do more but he has had bad luck with partners. His only reliable climbing partner is his wife, and she refuses to shit in a bag.

    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    There used to be a toilet up by Trail Camp on Mt Whitney, but hikers were throwing so much trash in it the Forest Service removed it. Now hikers are given shit bags with their permit that they are required to use. No pooping in a hole, since 50 day hike permits plus thru hikers etc per day and minimal decomposition in the alpine would get super gross really quick. Apparently rangers check to make sure you've used it. I did, and even with the chemicals in it, it still stunk my pack up unbelievably.



    Haha. Hadn't thought of pooping on one of those. I'm clumsy and would be mostly scared of dropping important things.
    In the morning in the Narrows our gear stunk horribly. I was sure the poop bag had spilled in my pack. Turned out what stunk was our rented canyoneering shoes.

    Speaking of medical shitting in a bag--enterostomal therapists--nurses who teach and help patients manage their stomas and bags--are grossly underappreciated in the medical world--except by their patients of course.

  25. #6300
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Now hikers are given shit bags with their permit that they are required to use. No pooping in a hole, since 50 day hike permits plus thru hikers etc per day and minimal decomposition in the alpine would get super gross really quick. Apparently rangers check to make sure you've used it. I did, and even with the chemicals in it, it still stunk my pack up unbelievably.
    Brown-baggin' it is standard procedure on Mt. Shasta as well. Any good boy scout should know better than to rely on just the packet the rangers give you, though; triple-bag, minimum. And pro tip, your pack's crampon pouch is for the shitbags; your pack should be big enough to strap the crampons on somewhere else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •