Page 79 of 929 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    what county are you in? was listening to a discussion on this on wamc's round table weeks back. the whole distribution system was devolved from where it should have been - the fed and the states...hot-potatoed to the counties and then (at least in NYS) mostly to the hospitals. it all sounds like something out of soviet russia. i'm surprised there is to a thriving black market out there competing with the official channels in many places.

much of the consensus was that the counties were actually well-suited to vaccine distribution - but that role was taken from them.
    Putnam County. I look out my front window into Westchester but can't go to the vax sites there. My cardiologist's office says they expect to have availability some time next month but I may still be on hold because they're in Westchester. What a clustefuck

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    Vaccinated!! Say what you want about the red state of Utah but they have 1/3 of their population vaccinated and are vaccinating people who don’t even live there. Score!
    Yep know plenty of 20-30 something seasonal employees without Utah residency who have lied about co-morbidities and got the shot recently. Bunch of selfish assholes if you ask me. Most want it so they can travel and there’s zero need to provide proof of comorbiditiy. I’ve been going by the local pharmacy at 5pm to see if there were any no shows and dosages that would hence go to waste. No luck so far.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Yep know plenty of 20-30 something seasonal employees without Utah residency who have lied about co-morbidities and got the shot recently. Bunch of selfish assholes if you ask me. Most want it so they can travel and there’s zero need to provide proof of comorbiditiy. I’ve been going by the local pharmacy at 5pm to see if there were any no shows and dosages that would hence go to waste. No luck so far.
    What cunts.

Young people are acting like young people, old people are acting like old people, and middle aged people are fucked.

I got the J&J vaccine yesterday afternoon. Today has not been awesome. Head ache and muscle soreness. The worst part is I have zero motivation to do anything. I had a bunch of stuff planned for today and after walking our dog this morning I'm done.

I would think side effects might be more common with the J and J since it involves an actual infection with a "harmless" adenovirus.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    Vaccinated!! Say what you want about the red state of Utah but they have 1/3 of their population vaccinated and are vaccinating people who don’t even live there. Score!
    I thought you were required to be a resident of utah to get a utah vaccine?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I got the vaccine because I am brown. They didn't ask me to prove my brown-ness. The system will be abused by some for sure. People are gonna be people. At the end of the day we just want everyone to get the damn shots.

Seems to me you ought to be able to get the vaccine in a neighboring state--if you're close enough to drive to get the shot you're close enough to bring the virus. It's a generally accepted principle of American life that you get in the shortest line in the supermarket or Costco gas.

Hard to see why anyone thought that country public health departments would be capable of managing more than a small part of the rollout would be a good idea. The last truly mass vaccination campaign in the US was in 1955. Hopefully before the next one there will be a national roadmap for mass vaccination, including an easy to use one time sign up process that can be done on line, by phone, or by mail.
    Maybe if we'd had a national vaccination strategy from the start things would be going smoother--has anyone mentioned that?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Putnam County. I look out my front window into Westchester but can't go to the vax sites there. My cardiologist's office says they expect to have availability some time next month but I may still be on hold because they're in Westchester. What a clustefuck
    that's nuts. westchester was ground zero a year ago. it would have made great political and narrative sense to make sure westchester and vicinity were leading the way - as a symbolically important coming full circle.

for your part i hope you are pleasantly surprised and don't have to wait past next month.

A friend called and said there were extra doses at the hospital so we raced over there and were too late. Same friend said he got his vaccine by going to the local pharmacy and getting on their list for cancellations/extras. Said he got a call 2 days later. So we went to the pharmacy and asked, they said they don't have a list, never had a list, there have been the occasional circumstances where someone comes in and they have extra that day, but there's no way my friend could have gotten a call 2 days later. WTF.

This whole thing is insanely frustrating.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    A friend called and said there were extra doses at the hospital so we raced over there and were too late. Same friend said he got his vaccine by going to the local pharmacy and getting on their list for cancellations/extras. Said he got a call 2 days later. So we went to the pharmacy and asked, they said they don't have a list, never had a list, there have been the occasional circumstances where someone comes in and they have extra that day, but there's no way my friend could have gotten a call 2 days later. WTF.

This whole thing is insanely frustrating.
    Local health dept has an unofficial list. Not sure why it has to be unofficial....
    focus.

Lol, why does Putnum County even exist? Should be split between Westchester and Dutchess.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post

I didn’t lie about shit. SL county is vaccinating 50+ year olds I’m 50+ and showed them my ID when I got there. Some counties in Utah are vaccinating 40+ year olds now.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

^^^

Never said you did. But I do know that there are more than a few out there doing just that. I wish more people could get vaccinated. Just saying there’s some people abusing.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Lol, why does Putnum County even exist? Should be split between Westchester and Dutchess.
    Wrong thread.

Anyone have any data on folks getting a vaccine who have clotting disorders? Seems like the word is to make sure you're up on your anticoagulants, but thats about all I can find. Doc seems to feel the same way.

I take a blood thinner, got vaxed on Thursday and I'm not dead.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I take a blood thinner, got vaxed on Thursday and I'm not dead.
    Appreciate it. Let me know if you do die?

Do you have a clotting disorder?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Anyone else have insane dreams the first night after their first shot? Possibly the most intense vivid dream I have ever had. I literally had a dream about following some kind of virus/microbe around the world. Like a 3rd person view on a microscopic level as it flew around the earth. I shit you not.

There is anecdotal evidence all over the web about "covid" dreams. Interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Anyone else have insane dreams the first night after their first shot? Possibly the most intense vivid dream I have ever had. I literally had a dream about following some kind of virus/microbe around the world. Like a 3rd person view on a microscopic level as it flew around the earth. I shit you not.

There is anecdotal evidence all over the web about "covid" dreams. Interesting stuff.
    An old lady in a corn field? Or the walking guy?

🖕

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post

Interesting. I think we all have more pent-up PTSD than we even realize. Seems to me like vivid dreams could be a natural reaction to getting vaccinated after the complete chaos and uncertainty of the past year. Maybe kind of a release.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Appreciate it. Let me know if you do die?

Do you have a clotting disorder?
    PAD. Peripheral artery disease. More like snot in the pipe I guess. Clogged fuel lines. Makes skiing interesting.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Anyone have any data on folks getting a vaccine who have clotting disorders? Seems like the word is to make sure you're up on your anticoagulants, but thats about all I can find. Doc seems to feel the same way.
    By clotting disorder do you mean the blood clot too easily and you or whoever you're asking for is taking anticoagulants or the blood doesn't clot? Either way I would just regular meds at the regular time and get the shot. Maybe a small chance of getting a small hematoma at the injection site but nothing to worry about. If there was a hematoma I suppose there's a chance it could interfere with the absorption of the vaccine into the blood stream but it's a small injection with a very skinny needle in an area without any significant vessels but that shouldn't keep the person from getting the shot.