Page 663 of 929 FirstFirst ... 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... LastLast
Results 16,551 to 16,575 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    should I invest in dialysis clinics?
    how stupid do you think the anti vax public might be ?

a vaxed aqaintance told me of taking 8 times the recommended dose and having a super high reading on a lab test, MD told them to just stop for a couple of weeks, it leaves the body quick and then just take the recommended dose
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    how stupid do you think the anti vax public might be ?

a vaxed aqaintance told me of taking 8 times the recommended dose and having a super high reading on a lab test, MD told them to just stop for a couple of weeks, it leaves the body quick and then just take the recommended dose
    I think they are very stupid. Even some folks who are vaxxed think that if they experience any symptoms from a breakthrough case that the vaccine didn't work...all while seemingly missing the fact that they didn't end up in the hospital, in an ICU, on a vent, or dead.

That said, the people in question must also think kidney failure is just a hoax so why worry about?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Cases in Ontario are going up. Government has postponed lifting of further restrictions that was supposed to happen in the next week or so. To be honest I'm not sure what restrictions are even left since I can go to the movies, restaurants, and sporting events. I think these centered around nightclub capacity and sex clubs. Vaccines still showing ~75% effectiveness at preventing infection, and >95% at hospitalization/ICU.

ICU count remains flat. Need to get these kids vaxxed ASAP. Good to hear the kids in the states are so far so good.
    “Sex Clubs” ???

Regulated by the gov? What is a sex club and how do I gain access?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I am not worried just sayin there are millions of Americans very likely OD'ing on vit D

so maybe double down by investing in Vit D producers AND Dialysis ?

I am not worried just sayin there are millions of Americans very likely OD'ing on vit D

so maybe double down by investing in Vit D producers AND Dialysis ?
    oh, I know you're not worried...I'm talking about the antivaxxers who are loading up on Vit D.

Good investment strategy tho...both Vit D and Dialysis. I'm glad I consulted with you.

Whoever just said the covid vaccine is like the flu shot, nailed it. Thank you for saying it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1636665318.506029.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	322.6 KB 
ID:	392358

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    Whoever just said the covid vaccine is like the flu shot, nailed it. Thank you for saying it
    you just figured that out after 18 months ?

Covd kills way more people than FLU is the big difference

I’m not the one putting the covid vaccine on par with the polio vaccine.

yeah we actulay havent quite figured out what yer putting out, a vaxed anti-vaxer is new and unusual but still comes off as a dumb fucker

so besides getting your covid shots and booster get a flu shot cuz they figure this year might be bad

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I've had this same debate with management at one of my clients. Basically, whether there is any hope that the unconvinced will ever change their minds and whether it's worth any effort at all to offer them information. The persistent belief is that it's hopeless, and I think that comes from the same fallacy that tells some people not to worry about anything with a 98% survival rate: if only a small fraction can be helped it's easier to round it off to 0% or 100% and stick your head back in the sand.

In any other scenario there would be high level messaging ("it's safe and effective"), followed by progressively more detailed information both to provide proof of where that assessment came from and to give details that might be pertinent in unusual circumstances. Good messaging should provide a road map so people who want to go into the weeds can decide how deep to go. And these days it also needs to include de-bunking of misinformation, unfortunately. The fact that little to no effort is being put into that is itself used as evidence against reality.

Anyway, yeah, there should be a lot more effort put into convincing fence-sitters rather than writing them off with the hard core nuts (especially since writing off small fractions of large populations is the exact mistake those nuts are making).
    I went on the CDC site for vaccines for 5-12 and the links are packed with data. The FDA press release has the data on effectiveness and safety of the Pfizer trial at the beginning. Granted you have to have a computer or a smart phone and do a minimal amount of searching. Short of flying airplanes around with banners showing the data I don't know what more the FDA and CDC can do. The fact is that most people who actually want data to decide if they should immunize their kids are going to ask their pediatricians. Which brings up the fact that a big reason for being unvaccinated is lack of a personal physician or easy entry into the health care system, and this will apply to kids too, although young kids do tend to be more likely to have a doctor and to be seen in medical care settings than adults.

What kind of fancy promotional stuff could the cdc do that would get attention? The reason the antivaxers are effective is the same reason Facebook's algorithms are successful--controversy, conspiracy theories, anger are what attract eyeballs, and the CDC can't offer that.

It took 2 years for the cdc to acknowledge natural immunity. The cdc and government need to be more transparent.
    This quote has stuck in my mind about the kids vaccine

"We're worried about a side effect that we can't measure yet, but it's probably real," said committee member Dr. Eric Rubin, editor-in-chief of the New England Journal of Medicine and an infectious disease expert at Brigham and Women's Hospital and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

"We're never going to learn how safe it is until we start giving it," he added
    The CDC has been concerned about and following second infections since the early days of the pandemic. There was a time when every reinfection was news. Reinfections continue to occur (as of Nov 1 they amounted to 1% of total cases in the state of MN.) The CDC continues to follow the issue. The fact that other issues--anti-maskers and anti-vaxers rioting, arguing about which is better-natural immunity vs vaccination (who was better Cobb or Ruth?) may have crowded reinfection off the front pages doesn't mean the CDC isn't paying attention. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...infection.html

As I told you many pages back--the full risks of drugs and vaccinations are NEVER known until after drugs hit the market. That applies to every drug and vaccine you and your family have ever taken. Note that Rubin voted to approve the vaccine for the 5-11 group.
    https://www.politifact.com/article/2...ccine-unless-/

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Moderna #3 in arm. + previous infection late December. No waiting at Sam's Club this morning..
    Got up at 6am on a day off to go get in line at the tire shop at 8 because wife had a flat last night. Jabbed at 10am. Ran out of errands and chores after washing my car and felt a little tired. Took a nap from 2 til 4. Have a very slight shadow of a headache and feel kinda tired. Other than that no issues so far. I'm probably getting laid tonight for getting the lady new tires. I'll let ya'll know if my balls are still swollen after that..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I'd argue the comparison is only useful for communicating a relatable experience to, ummmm, those who benefit from a monkey see, monkey do approach. But beyond the superficial, the function / application / means and implication to the situation - will differ in meaningful ways.

Simple answers for simple brains. But sure, you may need more than one shot, possibly routinely and it doesn't guarantee personal immunity. Happy?

Vitamin D standard dose is 600 to 1000. Naturopaths will tell you to take 2000 to 3000.

Toxic dose is around 50,000+ daily for weeks to months.

Xxx your dialysis investment is not gonna pan out.

Maybe it's a bit early to compare and contrast a vaccine that was developed 70 years ago with one that was developed less than two years ago? I'm sure everything didn't go 100% perfectly with the polio vaccine, either, but viewing through the lens of 70 years it was an unmitigated success.

I I just think you guys are hilarious. Me being unimpressed with the Covid vaccine get you guys so butt hurt. I’m by no means anti-VAX. I don’t like trump I don’t like Biden I don’t like Fauci. If it was just my family that breakthrough cases I Would think nothing of it. I know at least a dozen other people that have had breakthrough cases. Either the numbers don’t add up or my area just has the super Delta variant. And now Vermont is surging number one in the country in vaccinations.

Just received my booster yesterday and I think my penis grew an extra 4" overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Just received my booster yesterday and I think my penis grew an extra 4" overnight.
    I thought it was just me! I think my body fat is down to 2% too.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post

Simple answers for simple brains. But sure, you may need more than one shot, possibly routinely and it doesn't guarantee personal immunity. Happy?
    and yet, despite all these variables as well as:
    - natural immunity from prior infection is as good as vaccine
    - some people develop 0 antibodies after getting a vaccine

You and the hive mind that be on here seem to think that everyone needs to be mandates to get the vaccine. Holy shit; I’m glad you people aren’t running the world; Nazi Germany wouldn’t have jack shit on the world you guys wish was a reality.

Of course it's not on par with the polio vaccine because 1) polio was way less deadly a disease that never reached much more than 50K cases/yr, ~2K fatalities at the peak in the US 2) the was vaccine far more reactogenic than any of the Covid vaccines available, we'd be hard-pressed to develop any Inactivated Virus Vaccines due to safety issues today and 3) polio vaccination requires at least 4 doses of IPV and OPV for full immunity.

The poliovirus was the causative agent of this disease, of which there are 3 serotypes.1 Humans are the only reservoir for this virus, and it is spread via respiratory secretions and feces. The incubation period for poliomyelitis is 3 to 6 days for onset of infection and 7 to 21 days for developments of paralysis. Approximately 72% of susceptible children who were infected remained asymptomatic, while another 24% reported nonspecific symptoms such as low-grade fever, headaches, sore throat, nausea, diarrhea, and malaise. The remaining 1% to 5% reported symptoms of viral meningitis (nonparalytic polio) and sometimes developed paresthesia. In less than 1% of cases of infection, a rapid asymmetric acute flaccid paralysis developed. Most individuals affected by this viral illness recovered quickly without any sequelae, while others experienced partial effects, and a few developed permanent paralysis and even death.
    So why did we need a polio vaccine, natural immunity was working in those who survived it and weren't paralysed or died from it?

To keep the 0.5% (1/200) of the infected from getting paralysis and prevent the 5-10% that 1/200 with paralysis from succumbing to disease.

We immunize many to protect the few, in this way all vaccines are the same.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Because protecting the community from a deadly virus via asking people to take a jab is so much worse than killing all the Jewish people and their friends.. These sacrifices, masks at indoor public spaces and periodic jabs, are pure tyranny!!!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Vitamin D standard dose is 600 to 1000. Naturopaths will tell you to take 2000 to 3000.

Toxic dose is around 50,000+ daily for weeks to months.

Xxx your dialysis investment is not gonna pan out.
    I think AA is getting into the dialysis bidness, since its free up here there is not much point eh ?

I was hearing about a much higher dosage than only 2 or 3 times the reccomneded, you just know somebody is going to go toxic

I never take supplements

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    So why did we need a polio vaccine, natural immunity was working in those who survived it and weren't paralysed or died from it?

To keep the 0.5% (1/200) of the infected from getting paralysis and prevent the 5-10% that 1/200 with paralysis from succumbing to disease.

We immunize many to protect the few, in this way all vaccines are the same.
    But, but...

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    and yet, despite all these variables as well as:
    - natural immunity from prior infection is as good as vaccine
    - some people develop 0 antibodies after getting a vaccine

You and the hive mind that be on here seem to think that everyone needs to be mandates to get the vaccine. Holy shit; I’m glad you people aren’t running the world; Nazi Germany wouldn’t have jack shit on the world you guys wish was a reality.
    1. some people don't have consistent antibodies from being sick
    2. vaccines produce more reliable antibodies

neither of these things have anything to do with mandatory mandates

3. there is no way to make a straight faced comparison between the Holocaust and vaccines, even mandated ones, unless you have had a tramautic brain injury. To which I say, good luck with that.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I think AA is getting into the dialysis bidness, since its free up here there is not much point eh ?

I was hearing about a much higher dosage than only 2 or 3 times the reccomneded, you just know somebody is going to go toxic

I never take supplements
    1000 units of Vit D is cheap and safe and probably a good idea with no real downside other than the cost. But that’s just my opinion - ask your doctor.