Page 674 of 929 FirstFirst ... 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 ... LastLast
Results 16,826 to 16,850 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Yup. Also the flu vaccine is developed differently every year as I recall. The CDC figures out which viruses are around with potential to invade the US, and they pick the three most prevalent/dangerous and developed a vaccine based on those 3, and then administer it. So it’s different every year.
    For some basic info for a lot of you folks, there’s a podcast called “Stuff you should know”, and they talk about mRNA vaccines.
    great basic stuff

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-s...work-88752715/
    I believe it's different *strains* (subtypes) of the influenza virus - not drastically different viruses.

Smrter people here can weigh in more and maybe compare and contrast different influenza virus types to covid and it's variants

Worth repeating that the vaccine effectiveness in Summits graph is the effectiveness of heirloom strain vaccine against Delta variant. I have to assume that people are working on an anti-Delta and debating whether to switch to it.

Ideas
    Unvaccinated People Need to Bear the Burden

Beyond limiting the coronavirus’s flow from hot spots to the rest of the country, allowing only vaccinated people on flights will change minds, too.

When you go to the airport, you see two kinds of security rules. Some apply equally to everyone; no one can carry weapons through the TSA checkpoint. But other protocols divide passengers into categories according to how much of a threat the government thinks they pose. If you submit to heightened scrutiny in advance, TSA PreCheck lets you go through security without taking off your shoes; a no-fly list keeps certain people off the plane entirely. Not everyone poses an equal threat. Rifling through the bags of every business traveler and patting down every preschooler and octogenarian would waste the TSA’s time and needlessly burden many passengers.

The same principle applies to limiting the spread of the coronavirus. The number of COVID-19 cases keeps growing, even though remarkably safe, effective vaccines are widely available, at least to adults. Many public agencies are responding by reimposing masking rules on everyone. But at this stage of the pandemic, tougher universal restrictions are not the solution to continuing viral spread. While flying, vaccinated people should no longer carry the burden for unvaccinated people. The White House has rejected a nationwide vaccine mandate—a sweeping suggestion that the Biden administration could not easily enact if it wanted to—but a no-fly list for unvaccinated adults is an obvious step that the federal government should take. It will help limit the risk of transmission at destinations where unvaccinated people travel—and, by setting norms that restrict certain privileges to vaccinated people, will also help raise the stagnant vaccination rates that are keeping both the economy and society from fully recovering.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...mandate/619643
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Canada already has this. Trains and planes you have to have vaxx passport.

"If you’re 12 years of age plus 4 months, or older, you’ll need to be fully vaccinated in order to board:
    -domestic or international flights departing from most airports in Canada, including charter and foreign airlines carrying commercial passengers
    VIA Rail and Rocky Mountaineer trains
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Way to go Doug.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thoughts and prayers Doug.

In May 2013, the Associated Press reported that Ericksen was "the biggest beneficiary of lobbyist expense accounts" among Washington state legislators during the first four months of 2013, receiving free meals, drinks or golf 62 times in that period. Ericksen said his meetings with lobbyists allow him to learn about issues, and argued that "A $49 dinner is not going to sway me from doing what's right for my constituents.

In May 2018 Ericksen joined fellow state senator Michael Baumgartner, Representative Vincent Buys, and football coach Mike Leach on a trip to Cambodia. He returned in July with Representatives Buys, Drew MacEwen, and Brandon Vick to observe the 2018 Cambodian general election, though MacEwen and Vick departed after the U.S. Ambassador expressed concerns about the election, which was widely called a "sham". He met with Cambodia’s authoritarian prime minister Hun Sen and later called the election "very free, very fair", saying the opposition party's elimination is a "political question".
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Ideas
    Unvaccinated People Need to Bear the Burden

Beyond limiting the coronavirus’s flow from hot spots to the rest of the country, allowing only vaccinated people on flights will change minds, too.

When you go to the airport, you see two kinds of security rules. Some apply equally to everyone; no one can carry weapons through the TSA checkpoint. But other protocols divide passengers into categories according to how much of a threat the government thinks they pose. If you submit to heightened scrutiny in advance, TSA PreCheck lets you go through security without taking off your shoes; a no-fly list keeps certain people off the plane entirely. Not everyone poses an equal threat. Rifling through the bags of every business traveler and patting down every preschooler and octogenarian would waste the TSA’s time and needlessly burden many passengers.

The same principle applies to limiting the spread of the coronavirus. The number of COVID-19 cases keeps growing, even though remarkably safe, effective vaccines are widely available, at least to adults. Many public agencies are responding by reimposing masking rules on everyone. But at this stage of the pandemic, tougher universal restrictions are not the solution to continuing viral spread. While flying, vaccinated people should no longer carry the burden for unvaccinated people. The White House has rejected a nationwide vaccine mandate—a sweeping suggestion that the Biden administration could not easily enact if it wanted to—but a no-fly list for unvaccinated adults is an obvious step that the federal government should take. It will help limit the risk of transmission at destinations where unvaccinated people travel—and, by setting norms that restrict certain privileges to vaccinated people, will also help raise the stagnant vaccination rates that are keeping both the economy and society from fully recovering.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...mandate/619643
    Only way to convince folks who still aren't vaxxed at this point would be to get them to admit their guy lost the election. At this point the refusal really has nothing to do about the hollow objections over efficacy or safety. That's just grandstanding. They're refusing because they believe they are waging a cold civil war against an executive branch they feel wasn't duly elected. Not only is it refusal to get the vaccine or wear masks, it's refusal to so anything Washington legislates. They're already threatening the homes and families of the GOP legislators who voted for the infrastructure package. Red state governors have already written exec orders banning enforcement of all federal mandates. Oklahoma National Guard is refusing to enforce the vaccine mandates. This is way bigger than just a few folks questioning the safety or efficacy.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Only way to convince folks who still aren't vaxxed at this point would be to get them to admit their guy lost the election. At this point the refusal really has nothing to do about the hollow objections over efficacy or safety. That's just grandstanding. They're refusing because they believe they are waging a cold civil war against an executive branch they feel wasn't duly elected. Not only is it refusal to get the vaccine or wear masks, it's refusal to so anything Washington legislates. They're already threatening the homes and families of the GOP legislators who voted for the infrastructure package. Red state governors have already written exec orders banning enforcement of all federal mandates. Oklahoma National Guard is refusing to enforce the vaccine mandates. This is way bigger than just a few folks questioning the safety or efficacy.
    This.

Oklahoma National Guard is refusing to enforce the vaccine mandates.
    If I was POTUS: "I'm issuing an EO federalizing the entire OK NG. Please tell the SECDEF to have GEN Hokanson call BG Mancino and order him to comply, and if he doesn't, relieve him and charge him accordingly under UCMJ. And put MG Thomspon back in charge."

And then my aids would be all like "how about instead DOD cuts all OK NG funding until they comply?"

Then I'd be like "No, I want an example made, now. And Gov. Stitt is just grandstanding. He knew how this would end. I want that EO on my desk in 10 minutes!"

But that is probably reason #98 why I'm not POTUS.

/polyass
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Got my pfizer booster at a Walgreens in SLC yesterday, showed up at my appointment time and still had to wait an hour. There were several others also waiting. I would have just left and gone somewhere else but they took my vax card when I checked in and there was a huge line to see anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Got my pfizer booster at a Walgreens in SLC yesterday, showed up at my appointment time and still had to wait an hour. There were several others also waiting. I would have just left and gone somewhere else but they took my vax card when I checked in and there was a huge line to see anyone.
    The horror

Oh the Walgreens Humanity!!!

Just wanted to give a heads up to folks in the SLC area... lots of other options here

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    I didn't have a wait when I went to CVS but they did take my vax card and kept it until my 30 minute wait was up.

30 min wait? Hows come?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I didn't have a wait when I went to CVS but they did take my vax card and kept it until my 30 minute wait was up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    30 min wait? Hows come?
    15 minutes is to be sure you don't have an adverse reaction after the jab. Nobody's made me wait 30, it was 15 all three times..

We’ve established the proper time frame to wait.
    Was wondering why double the wait is all.

Maybe because he's twice as old as the rest of us?

Maybe because he's twice as old as the rest of us?
    Maybe he got two shots at once?

They do ask other questions. I wound up with a whole 3rd modeRNA dose. Prior anaphylaxis get you 30 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

VACCINES - VERY BAD,
    SYNTHETIC ANTIBODIES - TREMENDOUS!
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

....Name:  IMG_20211114_131132.jpeg
Views: 539
Size:  46.6 KB

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

^^ that’s really good stuff

That's just how long it took to print the giant receipt

Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    ....Name:  IMG_20211114_131132.jpeg
Views: 539
Size:  46.6 KB

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    That's pretty awesome.