Page 878 of 929 FirstFirst ... 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 ... LastLast
Results 21,926 to 21,950 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    My 33 yr old cousin was buried today. Got Covid, got cleared then went to hospital on day 14 complaining of an ear ache. They sent her home and she Died in her sleep.

33, with a 2 yr old.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Jesus man. Sorry for you and your family. Earache. Fuck me. Her poor kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Jesus. "Ear ache" was some kind cerebral embolism due to a covid blood clot?
    Yes, apparently blood clots is an issue with Covid . She worked at the fucking hospital they sent her home from. In England.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    My 33 yr old cousin was buried today. Got Covid, got cleared then went to hospital on day 14 complaining of an ear ache. They sent her home and she Died in her sleep.

33, with a 2 yr old.

my Condolences -

... beyond words...

With love, tj

My condolences Cono
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

So sorry to hear, Cono! Awful feeling. I lost a parent to Covid. Sucks to lose a family member to this shit. Can’t imagine a two year old losing his/her Mom. Stay strong.

Going to DDs high school graduation today. Very progressive city here with major colleges all around. Mask mandates have been lifted for over a month now.. But, masks required for the graduation ceremony at Cameron Indoor Arena (DOOK BB Venue). I'm good with that.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Second booster yesterday, and today, muscle aches.

Is this happening to other people?

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

How can a chatbot get muscle aches?

Perhaps more high profile attention will result in populace behavioral changes (or not).

Seeing in the news some higher profile people with publicized second infections lately: Justin Trudeau and the HHS secretary.

Bob Wachter, chair of medicine at ucsf, is saying that his wife is suffering from long covid. She caught covid as a result of his suggestion that she attend and participate in a small public speaking event and dinner party.

I'm getting pretty damn close to trying to find someone who will prescribe Paxlovid as an attempted LC treatment. The anecdotal evidence is in, but we are years away from actual clinical evidence. I'm not waiting years while my chest/heart/lungs are clearly still affected 6 months out from infection.

Awful that people, young people, are still dying from this. I don't trust anyone else to do the right thing or anywhere near the right thing. So thank GAWD we have the vaccines, Would be a bazillion times worse without them. We'd all still be sitting home eating door dash.

Sorry for Cono's cousin and really a bummer that young, boosted, and seemingly healthy still isn't always enough to survive this shit.

Sorry to hear that Cono. FWIW, one of the primary non-urgent complaints I see with covid since January is bilateral ear pressure/serous effusion. Like almost everybody. Obviously we don't know the details, but ear pain/fullness/discomfort has been, in my clinical experience, a leading complaint in mild covid cases, along with sinus pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I'm getting pretty damn close to trying to find someone who will prescribe Paxlovid as an attempted LC treatment. The anecdotal evidence is in, but we are years away from actual clinical evidence. I'm not waiting years while my chest/heart/lungs are clearly still affected 6 months out from infection.
    Have you considered any sort of work-up, versus just steroids without workup, and now Paxlovid without workup? I know recent research of PASC has rarely showed any positive findings on routine testing that we have discussed here ad nauseum, but it's a starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Sorry to hear that Cono. FWIW, one of the primary non-urgent complaints I see with covid since January is bilateral ear pressure/serous effusion. Like almost everybody. Obviously we don't know the details, but ear pain/fullness/discomfort has been, in my clinical experience, a leading complaint in mild covid cases, along with sinus pressure.
    Especially on day 14 of symptoms and in someone that young. The covid virus is a fucker.

She worked at the hospital. I assume she got it there, frontline casualty.

Have you considered any sort of work-up, versus just steroids without workup, and now Paxlovid without workup? I know recent research of PASC has rarely showed any positive findings on routine testing that we have discussed here ad nauseum, but it's a starting point.
    I'm trying to not assume what my doctor will do based on past visits with him. My guess is they do a ton of workup, they find nothing wrong on paper, and send me home. Seems like only a handful of docs in the USA are willing to prescribe based on patient history with what seems to be PASC since any workup is showing nothing. I could be wrong. I'm due for my annual physical anyway.

Are the ear problems that you’re seeing from eustachian tube/middle ear muck/infection or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I'm trying to not assume what my doctor will do based on past visits with him. My guess is they do a ton of workup, they find nothing wrong on paper, and send me home. Seems like only a handful of docs in the USA are willing to prescribe based on patient history with what seems to be PASC since any workup is showing nothing. I could be wrong. I'm due for my annual physical anyway.
    I have read anecdotes of Pax possibly helping PASC, but I wonder if there is some placebo involvement? Same was said for PASC after vaccine roll-out, but you don't here much of that anymore, or perhaps I'm not reading enough. Paxlovid prescribing is pretty all over the map. Some prescribers are really follow the guidelines folks, others will prescribe based on home positive test. Others prescribe to young folks with zero risk factors. I've seen the gamut of approaches with Paxlovid prescribing.

Your case has influenced me to read more about PASC, it's interesting, if not frustrating and quite difficult for patient and provider. Low hanging fruit for you is cardiac MRI/echo.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Are the ear problems that you’re seeing from eustachian tube/middle ear muck/infection or something else?
    Typical viral upper respiratory infection stuff, not exclusive to covid.

Covid seems to have a history of being able to attack the weakness of the host, whatever that weakness is.. respiratory/asthma, diabetes, clotting, heart arrhythmia, etc..

Typical viral upper respiratory infection stuff, not exclusive to covid.
    Thx. Makes sense with the sinus symptoms.

Fauci tests positive for Covid, right after visiting the alma mater for his 60th reunion and getting a science complex named after him.

shit happens
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Yup, and his symptoms are “mild” likely due to being vaxxed to the max