Page 625 of 723 FirstFirst ... 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 ... LastLast
Results 15,601 to 15,625 of 18070
  1. #15601
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    854
    Man, that is a horrifying cautionary tale.

  2. #15602
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cb, co
    Posts
    4,272
    Sorry Telee, that sucks but at least you tried. I haven't even tried with my closest antivax friend on FB, knowing that there is a 0% chance of changing his mind.

  3. #15603
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,661
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    A few weeks ago I got sucked into a facebook argument with an old high school buddy about the vax (something I try not to do). He had all the typical arguments, its not proven, it violates his freedom, hes pretty sure he has already had it so he is naturally immune now, blah, blah, blah. Needless to say I didnt convince him of shit.
    Yesterday this popped up on our group facebook page for our high school class... SAME GUY!

    "Sorry I left this out, he is suffering from blood clots due to covid.
    Doug is in need of our prayers and good thoughts. He is fighting for his life.
    they were told yesterday that he would not survive, but we are asking EVERYONE TO PLEASE PRAY, and also praise God!!!
    & to Get a prayer out as fast as you can, to EVERYONE….
    From lou:
    Doug has stabilized on his back. They were not expecting this. The left leg is viable. Right leg will need amputated above knee. Vascular surgeon who told me there’s no hope yesterday, is taking him to surgery within the hour. There are no guarantees, we know this.
    I have been speaking to Doug through the HS. I know he can hear me.
    Doug had surgery and as far as I know at 5:20 on Tuesday, Doug made it through surgery but needs lots of prayers"


    For what its worth he is in excellent shape (former military) as a mailman he walks miles a day. Bottom line get fucking vaccinated! Prayers are fucking worthless, get the vaccine!
    Why do so many (all of them?) of these God-believing people think that prayers work on a sort of popularity contest? Like, oh if only we get 200 prayers today God will intervene with this horrible virus and make Steve live.... Nevermind that God could have prevented this virus in the first place, and prevented Steve from getting it in the first place.

    It's like do they think God is just up there cranking bong hits playing some PS5 thinking "man Steve's really gonna die if I don't do something, ah well" and suddenly all these prayers come flying in and he's like "ahh shit, guess I'll let him live this time!"

    Makes me feel bad for the kid who's parents just got blown up by a US drone strike with their one desperate prayer - they don't stand a chance unless they have the facebook prayer farm at their disposal.

  4. #15604
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    8,864
    The lord works in mysterious ways.

  5. #15605
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    20,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    The lord works in mysterious ways.
    If there is a Lord working in mysterious ways he's a cat toying with his prey

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	catgod.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	389782
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  6. #15606
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    16,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    The lord works in mysterious ways.
    Ya, he's a stoner and cranks bonghits, see above post.

  7. #15607
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    8,649
    Interesting podcast on vaccine verification - https://omny.fm/shows/in-the-bubble/...-of-a-national

  8. #15608
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    8,649
    Looking forward to my mix and match booster. If it's good enough for grocery store workers, it's good enough for me. I'm not waiting until the government tells me I'm eligible. (I'm also turning 40 in August and it looks like they'll recommend 40+ soon anyway).

    If you care about your health and family, I'd go get the booster as soon as you can. It's not worth risking. YMMV

  9. #15609
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,608
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    A few weeks ago I got sucked into a facebook argument with an old high school buddy about the vax (something I try not to do). He had all the typical arguments, its not proven, it violates his freedom, hes pretty sure he has already had it so he is naturally immune now, blah, blah, blah. Needless to say I didnt convince him of shit.
    Yesterday this popped up on our group facebook page for our high school class... SAME GUY!

    "Sorry I left this out, he is suffering from blood clots due to covid.
    Doug is in need of our prayers and good thoughts. He is fighting for his life.
    they were told yesterday that he would not survive, but we are asking EVERYONE TO PLEASE PRAY, and also praise God!!!
    & to Get a prayer out as fast as you can, to EVERYONE….
    From lou:
    Doug has stabilized on his back. They were not expecting this. The left leg is viable. Right leg will need amputated above knee. Vascular surgeon who told me there’s no hope yesterday, is taking him to surgery within the hour. There are no guarantees, we know this.
    I have been speaking to Doug through the HS. I know he can hear me.
    Doug had surgery and as far as I know at 5:20 on Tuesday, Doug made it through surgery but needs lots of prayers"


    For what its worth he is in excellent shape (former military) as a mailman he walks miles a day. Bottom line get fucking vaccinated! Prayers are fucking worthless, get the vaccine!
    JHFCOAS.

  10. #15610
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,608
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    <snip>
    It's like do they think God is just up there cranking bong hits playing some PS5 thinking "man Steve's really gonna die if I don't do something, ah well" and suddenly all these prayers come flying in and he's like "ahh shit, guess I'll let him live this time!"
    I mean... it's just as likely a scenario as any other nutty religious scenario.

    I could be convinced to become a believer if there really were bong-hits in heaven.


  11. #15611
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,250
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    If there is a Lord working in mysterious ways he's a cat toying with his prey

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	catgod.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	389782
    Love it

  12. #15612
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    6,439
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The problem with relying on testing to determine when someone with covid can stop isolating is that PCR can detect dead virus for a long time after people are no longer contagious. OTOH from a medical standpoint at least there's no harm in waiting .

    FDA authorizes boosters for Moderna recipients--same criteria as for Pfizer, and J and J second doses for everyone over 18. Authorizes mix and match vaccines.
    I was under the impression they were doing this to get an idea how high or low infection rates are at a neighborhood level.. not for specific people or households.. So they know where to target intervention efforts..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  13. #15613
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    13,505
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    A few weeks ago I got sucked into a facebook argument with an old high school buddy about the vax (something I try not to do). He had all the typical arguments, its not proven, it violates his freedom, hes pretty sure he has already had it so he is naturally immune now, blah, blah, blah. Needless to say I didnt convince him of shit.
    Yesterday this popped up on our group facebook page for our high school class... SAME GUY!

    "Sorry I left this out, he is suffering from blood clots due to covid.
    Doug is in need of our prayers and good thoughts. He is fighting for his life.
    they were told yesterday that he would not survive, but we are asking EVERYONE TO PLEASE PRAY, and also praise God!!!
    & to Get a prayer out as fast as you can, to EVERYONE….
    From lou:
    Doug has stabilized on his back. They were not expecting this. The left leg is viable. Right leg will need amputated above knee. Vascular surgeon who told me there’s no hope yesterday, is taking him to surgery within the hour. There are no guarantees, we know this.
    I have been speaking to Doug through the HS. I know he can hear me.
    Doug had surgery and as far as I know at 5:20 on Tuesday, Doug made it through surgery but needs lots of prayers"


    For what its worth he is in excellent shape (former military) as a mailman he walks miles a day. Bottom line get fucking vaccinated! Prayers are fucking worthless, get the vaccine!

    Name:  jtsrl717htu71.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  77.6 KB

  14. #15614
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    JHFCOAS.
    Jesus Holy Fucking Christ On A...Surfboard? Samosa? Sidewalk?

  15. #15615
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    8,864
    Saltine.

  16. #15616
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,608
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Jesus Holy Fucking Christ On A...Surfboard? Samosa? Sidewalk?
    Steek.


  17. #15617
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    10,600
    José Habanero Frowns 'cause of Ass Skewer

  18. #15618
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,661
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I mean... it's just as likely a scenario as any other nutty religious scenario.

    I could be convinced to become a believer if there really were bong-hits in heaven.

    Oh there's bong hits for sure. But I doubt they can get their hands on a PS5, what with all the shopping bots and all.

  19. #15619
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,768
    Wait ..... red herrings come from blowfish?!?!?!?

  20. #15620
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    16,366
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I mean... it's just as likely a scenario as any other nutty religious scenario.

    I could be convinced to become a believer if there really were bong-hits in heaven.

    If it's evangelical heaven, those bongloads are probably Mexican ditch weed. Not in.

  21. #15621
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,476
    WDPMUAAEATKT ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  22. #15622
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,608
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    If it's evangelical heaven, those bongloads are probably Mexican ditch weed. Not in.
    That would be disappointing... what with the over-abundance of kind bud in today's world.

  23. #15623
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,476
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    WDPMUAAEATKT ?
    Why Do People Make Up Acronyms And Expect Anyone To Know Them ?

    cuz no body had any idea what that^^ said, thats a a pet peeve of mine when some TGR crayon eater makes up a random acronym
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  24. #15624
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    18,818
    God helps those who help themselves. Isn't that what the religious folks say. No wait--didn't the Christians decide that if you believed in Jesus Christ who died for your sins you could fuck up and fuck over as much and as many people as you wanted and you would still be saved. All you need to do is pray--eat all you want, especially bacon, smoke, fuck other guys' wives and nothing bad will happen to you as long as you pray. No wonder there are 2.5B Christians. What's not to like about a religion like that.

    Jews OTOH believe (supposedly) that if you sin too much during the year god kills you. No wonder there are less than 15M of us. Not that I believe any of that bullshit either.

    (Forgive me--or not--for repeating for the 10th time what Bob Costas said when Gisele asked people to pray for her husband before one of the Superbowls--"I think god has done enough for Tom Brady."

    And BTW a couple of you--only acronyms approved by the Urban Dictionary are permitted in this forum. I've reported you to the mods.

  25. #15625
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    16,366
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Why Do People Make Up Acronyms And Expect Anyone To Know Them ?

    cuz no body had any idea what that^^ said, thats a a pet peeve of mine when some TGR crayon eater makes up a random acronym
    Here's one for you: WDYGOAPHAGFY. No disrespect intended.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •