Page 529 of 929 FirstFirst ... 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,225 of 23206
    Add to all of the above re 1918 vs now is the fact we now have actual scientifically proven treatments. Pictures of full influenza wards from a century ago were essentially hospice care. Whereas today we know as hospitals approach capacity the fatality rate doubles and in the absence of care the fatality rate multiplies.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Seem to me that the hospitals' woes are a self-inflicted wound. Yeah, Covid #s are a big problem, but THEY chose to lay off large swathes of their staff during 2020 and then got caught with their pants down during Delta after they had a hard time re-staffing. It's one of those "no shit, Sherlock" moments. Hard to feel bad for them when many a for-profit hospital system laid off staff whilst raking in record profits and paying outsized bonuses to their execs.

Truly sucks for the people who need non-Covid related care, but again, reduced bed capacity is due to staffing. Heads need to roll in the C-Suite. But nope! They'll just get another $20MM this year, give or take a few mil.
    You're saying that health care should not be left to whims of free market capitalism? Why do you hate America?

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...VEe81sVH80YayE

This past week, the entire state of Idaho has moved to crisis standards of care, in which resources are stretched so thin that patients may be treated based on who has the best chances of survival. Still, that news, which seems alarming enough to me, isn’t necessarily getting through. I’ve noticed that hospitals increasingly are inviting reporters directly into the ICU wards, in a maddening bid to try to convince the public, after all these months, that the pandemic even exists.

But it turns out this denial behavior is not only normal, it was totally foreseeable, according to Steven Taylor, a psychologist at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, B.C.

Taylor would know because he predicted it. He wrote a remarkable little book back in 2019 called “The Psychology of Pandemics.” Its premise is that pandemics are “not simply events in which some harmful microbe ‘goes viral,’” but rather are mass psychological phenomena about the behaviors, attitudes and emotions of people.

The book came out pre-COVID and yet predicts every trend and trope we’ve been living for 19 months now: the hoarding of supplies like toilet paper at the start; the rapid spread of “unfounded rumors and fake news”; the backlash against masks and vaccines; the rise and acceptance of conspiracy theories; and the division of society into people who “dutifully conform to the advice of health authorities” — sometimes compulsively so — and those who “engage in seemingly self-defeating behaviors such as refusing to get vaccinated.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    You're saying that health care should not be left to whims of free market capitalism?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    And we sure as hell ain't done yet. U.S. still around 2,000 deaths per day.
    Yup and that number for the 1918 pandemic spans more time than where we are to date in this pandemic.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    You're saying that health care should not be left to whims of free market capitalism? Why do you hate America?
    Hey. I've been pro-socialized healthcare* for many years now. Our current methods are beyond effed. It all needs to be nuked from orbit. You'll get no argument from me there. The nuance of that conversation are for another thread, though.
    *terms and conditions may apply

Hey. I've been pro-socialized healthcare* for many years now. Our current methods are beyond effed. It all needs to be nuked from orbit. You'll get no argument from me there. The nuance of that conversation are for another thread, though.
    Anything that let's you institutionalize fat shaming, right?

LOL @ Montucky.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...VEe81sVH80YayE

This past week, the entire state of Idaho has moved to crisis standards of care, in which resources are stretched so thin that patients may be treated based on who has the best chances of survival. Still, that news, which seems alarming enough to me, isn’t necessarily getting through. I’ve noticed that hospitals increasingly are inviting reporters directly into the ICU wards, in a maddening bid to try to convince the public, after all these months, that the pandemic even exists.

But it turns out this denial behavior is not only normal, it was totally foreseeable, according to Steven Taylor, a psychologist at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, B.C.

Taylor would know because he predicted it. He wrote a remarkable little book back in 2019 called “The Psychology of Pandemics.” Its premise is that pandemics are “not simply events in which some harmful microbe ‘goes viral,’” but rather are mass psychological phenomena about the behaviors, attitudes and emotions of people.

The book came out pre-COVID and yet predicts every trend and trope we’ve been living for 19 months now: the hoarding of supplies like toilet paper at the start; the rapid spread of “unfounded rumors and fake news”; the backlash against masks and vaccines; the rise and acceptance of conspiracy theories; and the division of society into people who “dutifully conform to the advice of health authorities” — sometimes compulsively so — and those who “engage in seemingly self-defeating behaviors such as refusing to get vaccinated.”
    this is from last nights NBC nightly news. at 1:25 Dave Gutierrez shows a clip of a guy he interviewed in the ICU a couple weeks ago about not getting vaxxed (patient said he would not wish Covid on anyone). Shortly after the interview he was put on a vent. This last weekend he died leaving behind a young son.

This story should be played over and over again but yanno... crisis actors and the jab kills you so.......

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Seem to me that the hospitals' woes are a self-inflicted wound. Yeah, Covid #s are a big problem, but THEY chose to lay off large swathes of their staff during 2020 and then got caught with their pants down during Delta after they had a hard time re-staffing. It's one of those "no shit, Sherlock" moments. Hard to feel bad for them when many a for-profit hospital system laid off staff whilst raking in record profits and paying outsized bonuses to their execs.

Truly sucks for the people who need non-Covid related care, but again, reduced bed capacity is due to staffing. Heads need to roll in the C-Suite. But nope! They'll just get another $20MM this year, give or take a few mil.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Canada has universal HC and we got exactly the same thing going on as the USA does right now

Anti vaxers clogging up the ICU in hospitols while denying they have covid
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    this is from last nights NBC nightly news. at 1:25 Dave Gutierrez shows a clip of a guy he interviewed in the ICU a couple weeks ago about not getting vaxxed (patient said he would not wish Covid on anyone). Shortly after the interview he was put on a vent. This last weekend he died leaving behind a young son.

This story should be played over and over again but yanno... crisis actors and the jab kills you so.......

I've had a few friends move to northern Idaho because they can't stand all the restrictions that Gov. Brown has put in place in Oregon. It's a weird reaction...the idea that putting on a mask, SD'ing, and getting vaccinated is so difficult that they felt the need to upend their lives and move away. Seemingly the idea these folks share is that they would rather keep the pandemic going than move on from it out of fear of the other political team getting a win.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

<goes and votes for candidates SPECIFICALLY opposed to anything of the sort>

Vaccine mandates and rationed care are a big part of socialized healthcare if we want it to succeed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Vaccine mandates and rationed care are a big part of socialized healthcare if we want it to succeed.

Good short read from Eric Boelehrt: “the brainwashing of the COVID zombies”.
    https://pressrun.media/p/media-ignor...y-brainwashing

We are fuct.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I've had a few friends move to northern Idaho because they can't stand all the restrictions that Gov. Brown has put in place in Oregon. It's a weird reaction...the idea that putting on a mask, SD'ing, and getting vaccinated is so difficult that they felt the need to upend their lives and move away. Seemingly the idea these folks share is that they would rather keep the pandemic going than move on from it out of fear of the other political team getting a win.
    Correct. Owning the libs has become more important than admitting they’re right about the vaccines. It’s mind numbing.

Meanwhile conference rooms in Idaho hospitals are being used for ICUs.

This didn't last long: Eric Clapton Breaks Vow To Never Play Venue With Vaccine Mandate

https://news.yahoo.com/eric-clapton-...m0wo6NcJNW-NNw

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    This didn't last long: Eric Clapton Breaks Vow To Never Play Venue With Vaccine Mandate

https://news.yahoo.com/eric-clapton-...m0wo6NcJNW-NNw
    He's not fully vaccinated correct? got the first jab but not the second?

also, regarding the Spokane area, is it correct to say it is less stringent with enforcing the State's masking requirements than other metro areas like Seattle or Olympia?

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Good short read from Eric Boelehrt: “the brainwashing of the COVID zombies”.
    https://pressrun.media/p/media-ignor...y-brainwashing

We are fuct.
    Can I just say how pissed off I am at my anti-vaxxer friend for spreading misinformation about the vax with her "4 family members have died from the jab!" BS? I've started to see posts about the vax killing people show up in the comment sections of local health and government posts on FB. I know she's contributing to it indirectly though not posting herself. She is vocal and has a big audience locally. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

4 people in her large extended family may have indeed died since the roll out of the vax but I have serious doubts that there is a direct correlation to them being vaxxed. If she thinks just because they got the jab then a death occured sometime later equals the vax killed them then why couldn't it have just as easily been a hamburger they ate the week before or may it was their last bowel movement.

Fuckin' pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Canada has universal HC and we got exactly the same thing going on as the USA does right now

Anti vaxers clogging up the ICU in hospitols while denying they have covid
    Hey. Don't act like you guys are immune to the idiocy of healthcare layoffs during a pandemic. Great job you guys are doing there with your UHC!

Ontario Hospitals To Lay Off Over 100 Nurses Despite Staff Shortages
    https://www.huffpost.com/archive/ca/...b674713cc6c252
    Quote Originally Posted by Huffington Post
    “They are already at a really serious or critical point in their staffing. And then now to announce layoffs of this number of registered nurses is shocking and it’s unacceptable,” ONA President Vicki McKenna told HuffPost Canada.
    Alberta Health Services to lay off up to 11,000 staff, mostly through outsourcing
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ndro-1.5760155
    Quote Originally Posted by CBC
    ...elimination of up to 10,300 full-time equivalent positions — including hundreds of nursing and clinical support positions — estimated to impact as many as 16,700 full- and part-time employees through layoffs and job displacement.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Anything that let's you institutionalize fat shaming, right?
    You're goddam right!

I like Japan. Great healthcare system. They don't mess around. Let's be more like Japan. But I digress. We've already covered that ad nauseum previously somewhere in this thread ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    her "4 family members have died from the jab!" BS? I've started to see posts about the vax killing people show up in the comment sections of local health and government posts on FB.
    There's been an interesting spike in dubious social media claims lately. A lot more: "I got it and now have XYZ" or the uncollaborated "my wife's cousin's friend's sister in-law's coworker got it and died". Russian trolls, liars, mentally ill and bad-faith amplifiers. I seem to remember, many months back, Montucky claimed that several friends had severe reactions including (IIRC) bells palsy. Haven't heard about that since. Hmmmmm.

The hot girl on fb keeps telling me to look at VAERS, 25k dead including 28 children. I tried to point out that even if that was true 28k is still very small compared to total vaxxes given but she insists this is a huge coverup.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Hey. Don't act like you guys are immune to the idiocy of healthcare layoffs during a pandemic. Great job you guys are doing there with your UHC!

Ontario Hospitals To Lay Off Over 100 Nurses Despite Staff Shortages
    https://www.huffpost.com/archive/ca/...b674713cc6c252

Alberta Health Services to lay off up to 11,000 staff, mostly through outsourcing
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ndro-1.5760155
    He wasn't disagreeing with you...he said the same thing is happening in Canada. It's because of the antivaccinating covidiots.

You're goddam right!

I like Japan. Great healthcare system. They don't mess around. Let's be more like Japan. But I digress. We've already covered that ad nauseum previously somewhere in this thread ages ago.
    There's a lot more to it than fat shaming. But I think you're only board with it because of the fat shaming. Otherwise your professed politics would be a lot different.