Page 623 of 929 FirstFirst ... 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 ... LastLast
Results 15,551 to 15,575 of 23206
    FYI, I’m vaxxed and got COVID. Happy that I was vaxxed. It feels like cross between bad cold and regular flu and is starting to go away after about 8-9 days. YMMV

A few weeks ago I got sucked into a facebook argument with an old high school buddy about the vax (something I try not to do). He had all the typical arguments, its not proven, it violates his freedom, hes pretty sure he has already had it so he is naturally immune now, blah, blah, blah. Needless to say I didnt convince him of shit.
    Yesterday this popped up on our group facebook page for our high school class... SAME GUY!

"Sorry I left this out, he is suffering from blood clots due to covid.
    Doug is in need of our prayers and good thoughts. He is fighting for his life.
    they were told yesterday that he would not survive, but we are asking EVERYONE TO PLEASE PRAY, and also praise God!!!
    & to Get a prayer out as fast as you can, to EVERYONE….
    From lou:
    Doug has stabilized on his back. They were not expecting this. The left leg is viable. Right leg will need amputated above knee. Vascular surgeon who told me there’s no hope yesterday, is taking him to surgery within the hour. There are no guarantees, we know this.
    I have been speaking to Doug through the HS. I know he can hear me.
    Doug had surgery and as far as I know at 5:20 on Tuesday, Doug made it through surgery but needs lots of prayers"

For what its worth he is in excellent shape (former military) as a mailman he walks miles a day. Bottom line get fucking vaccinated! Prayers are fucking worthless, get the vaccine!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Man, that is a horrifying cautionary tale.

Sorry Telee, that sucks but at least you tried. I haven't even tried with my closest antivax friend on FB, knowing that there is a 0% chance of changing his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    A few weeks ago I got sucked into a facebook argument with an old high school buddy about the vax (something I try not to do). He had all the typical arguments, its not proven, it violates his freedom, hes pretty sure he has already had it so he is naturally immune now, blah, blah, blah. Needless to say I didnt convince him of shit.
    Yesterday this popped up on our group facebook page for our high school class... SAME GUY!

they were told yesterday that he would not survive, but we are asking EVERYONE TO PLEASE PRAY, and also praise God!!!
    From lou:
    Doug has stabilized on his back. They were not expecting this. The left leg is viable. Right leg will need amputated above knee. Vascular surgeon who told me there’s no hope yesterday, is taking him to surgery within the hour. There are no guarantees, we know this.
    Doug had surgery and as far as I know at 5:20 on Tuesday, Doug made it through surgery but needs lots of prayers"

For what its worth he is in excellent shape (former military) as a mailman he walks miles a day. Bottom line get fucking vaccinated! Prayers are fucking worthless, get the vaccine!
    Why do so many (all of them?) of these God-believing people think that prayers work on a sort of popularity contest? Like, oh if only we get 200 prayers today God will intervene with this horrible virus and make Steve live.... Nevermind that God could have prevented this virus in the first place, and prevented Steve from getting it in the first place.

It's like do they think God is just up there cranking bong hits playing some PS5 thinking "man Steve's really gonna die if I don't do something, ah well" and suddenly all these prayers come flying in and he's like "ahh shit, guess I'll let him live this time!"

Makes me feel bad for the kid who's parents just got blown up by a US drone strike with their one desperate prayer - they don't stand a chance unless they have the facebook prayer farm at their disposal.

The lord works in mysterious ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    If there is a Lord working in mysterious ways he's a cat toying with his prey

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	catgod.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	389782
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Ya, he's a stoner and cranks bonghits, see above post.

Interesting podcast on vaccine verification - https://omny.fm/shows/in-the-bubble/...-of-a-national

Looking forward to my mix and match booster. If it's good enough for grocery store workers, it's good enough for me. I'm not waiting until the government tells me I'm eligible. (I'm also turning 40 in August and it looks like they'll recommend 40+ soon anyway).

If you care about your health and family, I'd go get the booster as soon as you can. It's not worth risking. YMMV

From lou:

JHFCOAS.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    <snip>
    It's like do they think God is just up there cranking bong hits playing some PS5 thinking "man Steve's really gonna die if I don't do something, ah well" and suddenly all these prayers come flying in and he's like "ahh shit, guess I'll let him live this time!"
    I mean... it's just as likely a scenario as any other nutty religious scenario.

I could be convinced to become a believer if there really were bong-hits in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    If there is a Lord working in mysterious ways he's a cat toying with his prey

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	catgod.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	389782
    Love it

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The problem with relying on testing to determine when someone with covid can stop isolating is that PCR can detect dead virus for a long time after people are no longer contagious. OTOH from a medical standpoint at least there's no harm in waiting .

FDA authorizes boosters for Moderna recipients--same criteria as for Pfizer, and J and J second doses for everyone over 18. Authorizes mix and match vaccines.
    I was under the impression they were doing this to get an idea how high or low infection rates are at a neighborhood level.. not for specific people or households.. So they know where to target intervention efforts..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

From lou:

Name:  jtsrl717htu71.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  77.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    JHFCOAS.
    Jesus Holy Fucking Christ On A...Surfboard? Samosa? Sidewalk?

Saltine.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Jesus Holy Fucking Christ On A...Surfboard? Samosa? Sidewalk?
    Steek.

José Habanero Frowns 'cause of Ass Skewer

I could be convinced to become a believer if there really were bong-hits in heaven.

Oh there's bong hits for sure. But I doubt they can get their hands on a PS5, what with all the shopping bots and all.

Wait ..... red herrings come from blowfish?!?!?!?

If it's evangelical heaven, those bongloads are probably Mexican ditch weed. Not in.

WDPMUAAEATKT ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    If it's evangelical heaven, those bongloads are probably Mexican ditch weed. Not in.
    That would be disappointing... what with the over-abundance of kind bud in today's world.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    WDPMUAAEATKT ?
    Why Do People Make Up Acronyms And Expect Anyone To Know Them ?

cuz no body had any idea what that^^ said, thats a a pet peeve of mine when some TGR crayon eater makes up a random acronym
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know