Page 621 of 929 FirstFirst ... 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ... LastLast
Results 15,501 to 15,525 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Got the flu shot. No symptoms. Nice to have a normal shot instead of the punch in the arm also known as Moderna SpikeVax.
    Ya, flu shot was easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Got the flu shot. No symptoms. Nice to have a normal shot instead of the punch in the arm also known as Moderna SpikeVax.
    funny, I always have a strong immune response to the flu shot, it's why I hate gettig it but yanno.... I'm not a baby so I roll up my sleeve and take it like a woman.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

seems like even the Taliban is more progressive than 30% of our great nation with regards to vaccination........

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/19/w...ghanistan.html

In an effort to eradicate polio and boost health measures for children in Afghanistan, the Taliban government has agreed to restart a door-to-door vaccination program next month, and will allow women to be frontline workers in the drive, health officials announced on Tuesday.

The announcement, by the World Health Organization and United Nations Children’s Fund, is a breakthrough in a country that has been called the “world’s polio capital,” a place where vaccinators have faced the twin challenges of a lack of access to patients and deadly violence. The five-day nationwide program to distribute the polio vaccine, which is given orally and in multiple doses, will begin Nov. 8, according to officials. The drive aims to reach about 10 million children, according to Dr. Hamid Jafari, head of polio eradication for the W.H.O.’s eastern Mediterranean region.

More than 3.3 million children had previously “remained inaccessible to vaccination campaigns,” according to the statement announcing the drive. Children who are 6 months to 59 months old will also be given vitamin A supplements during the campaign, officials said.

Word of the agreement comes as the Taliban have been showing some limited flexibility in dealings with the outside world as the government seeks desperately needed aid amid an ailing economy and increasing food scarcity.

“We welcome W.H.O.’s effort to launch its polio vaccination campaign in Afghanistan and are ready to help and coordinate,” Bilal Karimi, a Taliban spokesman, said. “Women can also participate in this campaign and work closely with health workers to provide vaccinations to our people.” In addition to this polio vaccination program, set to start in early November, “all parties have agreed on the need to immediately start measles and Covid-19 vaccination campaigns,” the statement from the United Nations and W.H.O. said. A second polio vaccination program in Afghanistan will be synchronized with one in neighboring Pakistan that is scheduled to begin in December, it said.

Half a dozen more vaccination programs are scheduled to begin next year, according to Dr. Jafari.

In announcing the vaccination program, health officials said the Taliban “expressed their commitment” to allow women to be frontline workers in the drive and “for providing security and assuring the safety of all health workers across the country.”

Dr. Jafari said that tens of thousands of women were expected to work in the vaccination effort, as vaccinators, supervisors and managers.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    funny, I always have a strong immune response to the flu shot, it's why I hate gettig it but yanno.... I'm not a baby so I roll up my sleeve and take it like a woman.
    I think woman in general are far tougher than men when it comes to vaccine side effects. Measurable? Probably. I also think woman love to talk about men who are giant babies about it. I think our neighbors probably know about my side effects before I do.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Gold. I think woman in general are far tougher than men.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Fixed it for ya

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If men had to have babies, our species would have ended a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    seems like even the Taliban is more progressive than 30% of our great nation with regards to vaccination........

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/19/w...ghanistan.html

In an effort to eradicate polio and boost health measures for children in Afghanistan, the Taliban government has agreed to restart a door-to-door vaccination program next month, and will allow women to be frontline workers in the drive, health officials announced on Tuesday.

The announcement, by the World Health Organization and United Nations Children’s Fund, is a breakthrough in a country that has been called the “world’s polio capital,” a place where vaccinators have faced the twin challenges of a lack of access to patients and deadly violence. The five-day nationwide program to distribute the polio vaccine, which is given orally and in multiple doses, will begin Nov. 8, according to officials. The drive aims to reach about 10 million children, according to Dr. Hamid Jafari, head of polio eradication for the W.H.O.’s eastern Mediterranean region.

More than 3.3 million children had previously “remained inaccessible to vaccination campaigns,” according to the statement announcing the drive. Children who are 6 months to 59 months old will also be given vitamin A supplements during the campaign, officials said.

Word of the agreement comes as the Taliban have been showing some limited flexibility in dealings with the outside world as the government seeks desperately needed aid amid an ailing economy and increasing food scarcity.

“We welcome W.H.O.’s effort to launch its polio vaccination campaign in Afghanistan and are ready to help and coordinate,” Bilal Karimi, a Taliban spokesman, said. “Women can also participate in this campaign and work closely with health workers to provide vaccinations to our people.” In addition to this polio vaccination program, set to start in early November, “all parties have agreed on the need to immediately start measles and Covid-19 vaccination campaigns,” the statement from the United Nations and W.H.O. said. A second polio vaccination program in Afghanistan will be synchronized with one in neighboring Pakistan that is scheduled to begin in December, it said.

Half a dozen more vaccination programs are scheduled to begin next year, according to Dr. Jafari.

In announcing the vaccination program, health officials said the Taliban “expressed their commitment” to allow women to be frontline workers in the drive and “for providing security and assuring the safety of all health workers across the country.”

Dr. Jafari said that tens of thousands of women were expected to work in the vaccination effort, as vaccinators, supervisors and managers.
    Makes sense to make women do it.. Their faces are already covered..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Makes sense to make women do it.. Their faces are already covered..
    You can show yourself out.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You can show yourself out.
    Sorry, couldn't find my TALIBAN font..

On the other hand ....... vaccination field staff have very bad rep in that part of the world, so better let the uppity, second-class citizens get curb stomped by the angry elders.

This thread breeds fucktards.
    One leaves and another shows up.

Sometimes you gotta go full fucktard to convince the other fucktards to get vaxxed and stop killing unvaxxed children and immuno compromised adults.. leaving overworked brink of breakdown healthcare workers to clean up the mess.. Oops I said the T phrase.. Not cool...

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    ^^^^^^Yep. One of our city councilors just drafted a bill that would require all police and fire to be vaccinated…..The Local IAFF President (who is a friend of mine) was in the paper this morning threatening mass resignations……I just don’t fucking get it.
    I wonder if some of it is just an automatic Union negotiating response? Don’t give anything without getting something in return. That at least would have some logic behind it. Barring that, fuck those fucknuts because they are inexplicable idiots

Ran into a guy today who got the original C-19 OEM model back in January. He got sick (Mild Flu) and his wife got sick, not hospital bad but it was considered. They both got better and didn't vaccinate.

4 week ago he got sick with the new and improved D model, he got the entire experience except for hospitalization, no beds available/not sick enough, but watch out cause you really are sick.

Just back to work today, still weak as hell, mentioned some brain fog. Still not going to get a shot. His reason.... freedom.

Seriously. His word.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Ran into a guy today who got the original C-19 OEM model back in January. He got sick (Mild Flu) and his wife got sick, not hospital bad but it was considered. They both got better and didn't vaccinate.

4 week ago he got sick with the new and improved D model, he got the entire experience except for hospitalization, no beds available/not sick enough, but watch out cause you really are sick.

Just back to work today, still weak as hell, mentioned some brain fog. Still not going to get a shot. His reason.... freedom.

Seriously. His word.
    Did you tell him that the D+ model is arriving here as we speak?

MAGA-Radicalized Suicide Breath Bombers...

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I wonder if some of it is just an automatic Union negotiating response? Don’t give anything without getting something in return. That at least would have some logic behind it. Barring that, fuck those fucknuts because they are inexplicable idiots
    Which is even more fucked up considering that everyone else has given something up (work, socializing, etc), donated PPE (remember when companies and individuals were donating excess PPE to first responders and hospitals) and put generally on a pedestal RE COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

Seriously. His word.
    wow.

reminds me of a lyric...

" ... To show me my prison was just an open cage
    There were no keys no guards
    Just one frightened man and some old shadows for bars

Well now all that's sure on the boulevard
    Is that life is just a house of cards ... "

freedom. my (butt). tj

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Wife hasn’t had a fever since Monday. Lingering symptoms up until yesterday. She feels good today. PCR at Walgreens test is still positive though. When’s it safe for her to hold our baby? She’s wary of still being able to pass it on to the little one and me.
    Sorry man, our youngest is 18 months and appears to be fine.

Fever, cough, loss of taste and smell is what hit me a week after the wife came down with it. Hang in there

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Wife hasn’t had a fever since Monday. Lingering symptoms up until yesterday. She feels good today. PCR at Walgreens test is still positive though. When’s it safe for her to hold our baby? She’s wary of still being able to pass it on to the little one and me
    Good thing you are testing to be double sure. When my wife had it we just waited the 10 days per local Health Department and CDC folks who called us regularly. After day 10 I took off my 3M N95 and moved back in to the master bedroom. 3 days later oops, no sense of smell. It can definitely be contagious LONGER than 10 days. She was already full blown sick, hospital trip sick at the start of those 10 days so it might have been closer to 20 days that she actually had it.

Good thing you are testing to be double sure. When my wife had it we just waited the 10 days per local Health Department and CDC folks who called us regularly. After day 10 I took off my 3M N95 and moved back in to the master bedroom. 3 days later oops, no sense of smell. It can definitely be contagious LONGER than 10 days. She was already full blown sick, hospital trip sick at the start of those 10 days so it might have been closer to 20 days that she actually had it.
    Yeah, my wife quarantined away from me for 14 days, staying at our rental condo. I still slept in our guest room, left the windows open a lot, cleaned and disinfected everywhere in the house before she came home. 5 days after she came back home, she tested positive.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

There has been a lot of discussion about the Covid risk to younger people with many dismissing any concern because the fatality rate is so low <50.

However, among other things the risk of lung damage or fibrosis in young people even among mild or asymptomatic cases has been documented since the beginning. Now a new study on the effects of COVID-19 looking at the performance of professional soccer players after an infection shows infected players’ performance initially drops by more than 6%. Over half a year later, it is still around 5% lower.

Other respiratory infections (with missed training) do not show the same pattern. Compared with typical injuries or other respiratory infections, COVID-19 had "more severe effects" on performance that persisted >6 months indicating there's something unique about COVID-19.

The study also shows team performance suffers from more players being infected. Elite soccer performance is a function of various health aspects, mainly physical measures, acceleration, condition, and endurance, but also the cognitive capability. As such, soccer can reveal lessons about potentially broader impacts on GDP. It can reveal lessons about the impact of COVID-19 infections both on subsequent individual productivity in physically and mentally demanding tasks – and also about the impact on broader team productivity.

https://www.dice.hhu.de/fileadmin/re...ade_Schmal.pdf

https://www.economicsobservatory.com...rk-performance

Sometimes you gotta go full fucktard to convince the other fucktards to get vaxxed and stop killing unvaxxed children and immuno compromised adults.. leaving overworked brink of breakdown healthcare workers to clean up the mess.. Oops I said the T phrase.. Not cool...
    I hate the killing of unvaxxed children bullshit line. There has been under 500 children Out of 74,000,000 that died with covid in the us. 45 percent of those died of something else while testing positive for covid. Most of the others had other factors such as leukemia. Stop spreading misinformation please.