Page 348 of 929 FirstFirst ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... LastLast
Results 8,676 to 8,700 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    And is that like everyone’s right to drink and drive? Or is it like everyone’s right to shoot another person?

Rights stop when they affect other’s health and safety.
    Shit, constitutional rights have limits that protect people from themselves as well like seat belt and helmet laws. And because incompliance strains the health care system.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Brilliant leadership in Floridumb:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1267.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	382149

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Did he have anything to say about kids who aren’t vaccinated? That’s of personal concern for me.
    No, we did not discuss that, but his daughter is in elementary school so I'm sure it's a concern. I'll ask him next time I see him.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    it's Hawk.
    Name:  TCP.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  169.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    We know that the vaccine reduces the number of infections, transmission, and we also think that it reduces the total number of replications in breakthroughs.

None of those provide opportunity or selection pressure for increased virulence.
    Agreed, we also know that the naturally infected typically have antibody responses that continue to evolve well past those of the vaxed.

But that doesn't seem to be inhibiting the spread of Delta.

With hospitalizations for adults running above the adult vaccination rate in Israel, Its tough to believe it reduces transmission and replication (although if there's a shorter/less severe infection period that in and of itself theoretically reduces the # of replicas.
    Its tough to maintain the savior vaccine hope with all of the real world data although I suppose I should applaud those that do.

As I said in March of last year. We're all going to get it one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Name:  idiocracytm.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  178.7 KB

Name:	01510988-6D94-4A07-B3AE-673A6A809581.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	408.2 KB 
ID:	382159
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The horror….
    I know right. The PAVErs seem to forget the state will fine any school district that defies the mandate, to the tune of $100k. They just like yelling

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Check out the PBS Newshour site. Fauci was on there tonight addressing kids and the Delta variant.
    Here’s the segment. Note he does not discuss long Covid and kids. My observation is the that White House spokespeople discussing covid infections and children avoid bringing the uncertainty and confusion about children suffering from long Covid, but many health experts not tied to the White House seem to always bring it up when discussing Covid and kids.

https://youtu.be/2BtmB1eRJww

Name:	IMG_2EA3D42F2EB3-1.jpeg 
Views:	116 
Size:	217.6 KB 
ID:	382160

Name:  5F31F80F-BC56-4734-9E86-A42C09150F87.png
Views: 355
Size:  746.4 KB

I dunno man, that’s pretty crass

Yikes

Indeed…but she meant to do grievous harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Agreed, we also know that the naturally infected typically have antibody responses that continue to evolve well past those of the vaxed.
    Please link an article to back up this statement. Because it sure sounds like you're talking out of your ass on this one. Every study that I have seen indicates that moderna and pfizer are much more effective than natural infection.

If you can't post an article to back you claim, it verifies that you are just making stuff up to fit your narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    Please link an article to back up this statement. Because it sure sounds like you're talking out of your ass on this one. Every study that I have seen indicates that moderna and pfizer are much more effective than natural infection.

If you can't post an article to back you claim, it verifies that you are just making stuff up to fit your narrative.
    I do not know what the answer is but I have to believe that thousands of years of natural evolution has some positive effects in fighting infections. a few months of nerds in a lab also probably have come up with something good too. I just don't know what is better and Lester Holt or others telling me something isn't going to convince me. If I was In the lab maybe I would have more conviction about some study's concussions, but everyone is seeking a paycheck so it's hard for me to trust things from mainstream, I still need some time to pass before anything becomes believable fact. Remember facts change over time as more info becomes available.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Bless your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    thousands of years of natural evolution has some positive effects in fighting infections.
    Wait'll he hears how long viruses have been around.

I do not know what the answer is but I have to believe that thousands of years of natural evolution has some positive effects in fighting infections. a few months of nerds in a lab also probably have come up with something good too. I just don't know what is better and Lester Holt or others telling me something isn't going to convince me. If I was In the lab maybe I would have more conviction about some study's concussions, but everyone is seeking a paycheck so it's hard for me to trust things from mainstream, I still need some time to pass before anything becomes believable fact. Remember facts change over time as more info becomes available.
    Lester Holt? How cute...
    How about the people on the front lines of this shit... hospital workers. There's some in this very thread you're reading telling you what's happening.
    You'll be convinced when those same hospy workers are prepping you for intubation

Mistrust has got to be the #1 issue among the vaccine hesitant. But let's use a little logic. How does your PCP benefit from recommending the vaccine for you and your family? How do career NIH scientists do the same? Note that most of these people could make significantly more money in industry. Believe it or not, when entire fields of experts (ID, epidemiology) recommend a specific course of action like vaccination, they aren't ALL on the take. Yes, some may have COI's (although that's rare in the vaccine world), but mistrust in this case is NOT warranted and is borderline conspiratorial. Start with this basic question ... who is telling you to mistrust science/medicine and do they have the credentials to accurately and objectively reach that conclusion?

I would have more conviction about some study's concussions,
    Joe, your logic makes my head hurt.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    How does your PCP benefit ?
    For pcp benefits pm stealyourface.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Start with this basic question ... who is telling you to mistrust science/medicine and do they have the credentials to accurately and objectively reach that conclusion?
    It goes a step past the borderline: who stands to benefit from confusion and death? It's known that English-language conspiracy discussions are being seeded and fed by IP addresses in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, and Saudi Arabia. They don't need to invent or create or even be right about anything to get Americans to look stupid on the world stage, so that's what they're doing: feeding misinformation.

Don't be a tool of the enemy, Joe. They're just trying to make you look stupid to build a case that democracy can't work and governments need to exert more control. They're using you. The farther this goes the more people in this country will think you can't be allowed to think for yourself and have to be forced. None of this ends well. But you could skip Lester Holt and pay attention to people who work in the industry reporting right on TGR. People we know aren't paid agents of misinformation.

It's a good point about the concussions, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I died.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I dunno man, that’s pretty crass

Yikes
    I’m with you here, a little much

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    It goes a step past the borderline: who stands to benefit from confusion and death? It's known that English-language conspiracy discussions are being seeded and fed by IP addresses in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, and Saudi Arabia. They don't need to invent or create or even be right about anything to get Americans to look stupid on the world stage, so that's what they're doing: feeding misinformation.

Don't be a tool of the enemy, Joe. They're just trying to make you look stupid to build a case that democracy can't work and governments need to exert more control. They're using you. The farther this goes the more people in this country will think you can't be allowed to think for yourself and have to be forced. None of this ends well. But you could skip Lester Holt and pay attention to people who work in the industry reporting right on TGR. People we know aren't paid agents of misinformation.

Ed Zachary.