Page 707 of 929 FirstFirst ... 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 ... LastLast
Results 17,651 to 17,675 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    What idea are you trying to convey here?
    My feeble memory was relaying what I read this morning in the daily YLE update, she's not into travel bans.

"Nonetheless, it shouldn’t be a surprise that Omicron in the U.S. Once we identify a variant (even if it was very early like Omicron), it’s already spreading under our radar. We live in a very globalized and connected world.

We actually saw this prediction with flight patterns. Dr. Dick Brockmann and his team did some interesting calculations based on the world aviation network from August 2021. They estimated the likelihood of a passenger from South Africa or Botswana traveling to another country and exiting the airport (i.e. not a layover). Based on their calculations, U.S. had the second highest probability of a traveler (3.355%) in the world behind Zimbabwe. This means that out of 1000 passengers from South Africa/Botswana, 34 were expected to land in the U.S. You’ll also notice that San Francisco airport made it in this figure too. There are a ton of limitations to this analysis, but interesting nonetheless."

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    So apparently there's a new theory quickly gaining traction amongst some of the anti-vax crowd that omicron is really just a cover-up of vaccine side effects and deaths...

What will be their story when they themselves contract omicron?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    idk, probably will be hard to decipher over the ventilator

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    And people call us a cultural wasteland.
    exmidwest anime dorks? Nobody would guess it.

That's super easy.

"Sir, you have a case of the Omicron variant."

Him:

Obviously they'd need to diagnose some fake "omicron" cases to give the coverup more credence.

So if Omicron ends up being more transmissible but less virulent than Delta, and vaccines still work reasonably well against it, that would actually be a good thing, right? It would more or less replace Delta

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    So if Omicron ends up being more transmissible but less virulent than Delta, and vaccines still work reasonably well against it, that would actually be a good thing, right? It would more or less replace Delta
    ditto
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

In my barely 12th grade edumacation, that's how I would interpret it as well.

And "if" that were the case you will not ever hear, Way to go Brandon!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That's super easy.

"Sir, you have a case of the Omicron variant."

Him:

This is one of two last words before the intubation possibilityies. It's either this or "I'M SORRY... I WAS WRONG... GIVE ME THE VACCINE GRGL GRGL GRGLLLLLLllllllll!!!!!!!!!"
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Twenty-six hrs past Pfizer #3. Much different - much worse - reactions this time vs. P1&2.

Sore arm and shoulder an order of magnitude greater than before.
    Sleep: Had trouble falling asleep +2 hrs after shot. Tossed and turned and woke up at +5 hrs. More tossing and turning then got a few hours solid sleep after about 6 am.

At +16 hrs did some house maintenance/clean up, swept and bagged some leaves, looked at a leaky rain gutter.

Got very sleepy about noon, 18 -20 hrs past shot. Slept for a few more hours, shoulder still very sore. Very little appetite, am trying to eat a baked potato now, appetite isn't there.

The most concerning thing is chills and shakes, which started at +18 hrs after shot. Tip of both thumbs was cold and numb. Was still able to sleep for three hours. Upon waking up still have chills but shaking has reduced considerably. After I stare at this half-eaten baked potato a little longer I'm going to sleep hopefully for 12 or more hours.

Anything sweet -- soda, fruit juice, chocolate -- it totally unappetizing.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Depends what "less virulent" actually means and also it depends whether your mean "more transmissible" in terms of a higher R0 or if you mean immune evasive. The latter could be bad because then you reinfect people or get breakthrough... there's lots of bad things things COVID does that don't necessarily involve hospitalization, such as the constellation of things that make up Long COVID.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    Twenty-six hrs past Pfizer #3. Much different - much worse - reactions this time vs. P1&2.

Sleep: Had trouble falling asleep +2 hrs after shot. Tossed and turned and woke up at +5 hrs. More tossing and turning then got a few hours solid sleep after about 6 am.

At +16 hrs did some house maintenance/clean up, swept and bagged some leaves, looked at a leaky rain gutter.

Got very sleepy about noon, 18 -20 hrs past shot. Slept for a few more hours, shoulder still very sore. Very little appetite, am trying to eat a baked potato now, appetite isn't there.

The most concerning thing is chills and shakes, which started at +18 hrs after shot. Tip of both thumbs was cold and numb. Was still able to sleep for three hours. Upon waking up still have chills but shaking has reduced considerably. After I stare at this half-eaten baked potato a little longer I'm going to sleep hopefully for 12 or more hours.

Sounds like you should get tested. You might have been coming down with it before the jab. The extremity numbness and loss of taste are pretty common symptoms of COVID. I've not heard of anyone experiencing those from the vaccine..

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Depends what "less virulent" actually means and also it depends whether your mean "more transmissible" in terms of a higher R0 or if you mean immune evasive. The latter could be bad because then you reinfect people or get breakthrough... there's lots of bad things things COVID does that don't necessarily involve hospitalization, such as the constellation of things that make up Long COVID.
    Well shit. And yeah, I'm way more worried about long covid type stuff for myself than anything else.

Well shit. And yeah, I'm way more worried about long covid type stuff for myself than anything else.
    That's my primary worry as well...but there are plenty of stories about perfectly healthy people ending up no vents or dead.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

My wife's already got a clotting disorder. We're watching her INR more closely post COVID and it's been a little more difficult to keep stable but not really crazy thank Dog..

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Or you end up with both - Delta infecting the unvaccinated, and Omicron infecting the vaccinated.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/omicro...twin-outbreaks

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    In defence of the baked potato, they aren't especially appetising with or without a booster on-board.
    Let's be clear - did he Americanize it and add bacon chunks, sour cream, cheddar, green onions, garlic, chives and tons of butter?

If so and NF didn't have an appetite, he should call 911. Because that shit is delicious.

Or maybe he just overcooked it.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    exmidwest anime dorks? Nobody would guess it.
    Sorry anime convention douchebag, SF had the first confirmed case.

It looks like oroville, ca may be (accidentally?) seceding over mask and vax mandates:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3vv...GX-mFyJl1x0-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post

Get your thyroid checked. I’ve heard multiple stories from people I know that have had issues post vaccine. Two had known thyroid issues prior to getting vaccinated.

My wife was reluctant to get the vaccine, her Dr., prior to the vaccine coming out, told her to wait and see. A year later, she finally got a first dose, she didn’t have any real acute symptoms post injection. Since then, she’s felt like complete shit. Her thyroid levels are completely insane now. Heart attack level. Dr. upped her dosage. She won’t be getting the 2nd.
    The other person we know, had crazy acute symptoms immediately post shot, and thyroid also whacked out.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33858208/

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    So what ?

My first flu shot was 1976 for the Swine Flu and I have gotten them annually ever since. So probably 40 to 45 flu shots. Tetnus booster every 10 years or so. OG Shingles vax, then 8 years later the 2-step shingles vax. 17 different vaccines at boot camp. 11 shots for anthrax prior to Persian Gulf deployment.

I probably have close to 100 vaccine shots in me. Keep em coming.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    This. Modern medicine works, by and large. Why question the obvious, overwhelming successes?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    5g boosted and flu bonus
    arms sore as shit
    but not as bad as the pneumonia
    grab another off the wall
    eat another cbd/thc gummie
    drill glue screw set

repeat
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    It looks like oroville, ca may be (accidentally?) seceding over mask and vax mandates:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3vv...GX-mFyJl1x0-EU
    Fuck Oroville. CA should expel it from the state. Let 'em fix their own damn dam, or drown when it starts to fail again. They were happy to be part of CA and the USA when FEMA and the state were picking up the $1B repair bill the last time.