Page 844 of 929 FirstFirst ... 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 ... LastLast
Results 21,076 to 21,100 of 23206
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I didn't do intervals today. Just went for a mellow ride.

Yeah I'm gonna get the workup done and will assume everything will be normal. Seems to be the case with so many of these potential long covid cases. Do the workup to rule stuff out and I'm guessing everything will come back normal. I have never in my life had a resting HR of 93 several hours after exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I didn't do intervals today. Just went for a mellow ride.

Yeah I'm gonna get the workup done and will assume everything will be normal. Seems to be the case with so many of these potential long covid cases. Do the workup to rule stuff out and I'm guessing everything will come back normal. I have never in my life had a resting HR of 93 several hours after exercise.
    You also just finished a steroid taper you absolutely did not need. Keep that in mind. Your physiology is, right now, kinda fucked from steroids.

Anxiety can cause resting tachycardia. See it every day, past 25 years of ER, seeing thousands of patients annually. Keep that in your differential diagnosis.

last week's data.

~90,000 cases,
    ~ 5,000 deaths --

next week, I am going to inquire about a fourth dose ( of vaccine).

Good luck, WrG. ! skiJ

correction.

~150,000 new cases
    ( 27,000+ daily ( x7 ) )

skiJ

4th dose?

Take asap, or delay waiting on a variant specific updated vax or betting we don't get overrun by BA.2 till late fall?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    4th dose?

Take asap, or delay waiting on a variant specific updated vax or betting we don't get overrun by BA.2 till late fall?
    I think I am waiting. The chance I wasn't exposed to the OG Omicron are extremely small and I assume I've had a sorta kinda 4th dose via natural exposure with my wife and then stepson a couple months later coughing pcr confirmed covids all over me with no apparent resulting sickness. My 19 yo stepson was damned sick. Disappeared into his room for nearly two weeks, only emerging to go get the PCR test Target required to keep his job since the at home positives weren't good enough. Amazing a 19 yo could go that long without getting exposed, but he claims he hadn't been legit sick for 2 years...he was 3x vaxxed.

I haven't heard much news on the variant specific vaccine? Originally I thought Moderna threw March 2022 out as a possible date of first availability. Obviously that didn't happen. Would make me much more likely to jump asap.

So I think that is my plan. New vaccine I go get it. If not, probably September assuming they approve for 50 yo's.

according to worldometer the USA is at 1 million + dead
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Mostly over hopefully.. I ordered some more tests.. Felt sketchy Thursday night, headache, wicked chills and night sweats but fine Friday. Decided wear a mask anyway today out shopping... just in case while being around others who might not be vaccinated. You're welcome.

Got a dentist appointment Monday afternoon. I'll take a rapid test to make sure I'm not + and contagious before showing up there to get my teeth cleaned. Not going to waste a test until then though.. Just wear a mask around strangers even though not required..

I wonder how many are out there also with some symptoms but just rolling around uncovered anyway??

Just glad the hospitals are in good shape and things aren't trending up again yet.
    Do your dentist and staff a favor and cancel your appointment if you're sick, no matter what you're sick with. Or were you planning to keep your mask on while they worked on your teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Today was the last day of my 9 day steroid taper. I only felt very slight improvement if any. I went and rode my MTB today. Heart rate was between 150 and 180. Even when not pedaling very hard at all. I finished my ride over 3 hours ago and my sitting on the couch heart rate is around 90 bpm. It used to be 50. Headache and brain fog persists. Pulseox is showing my O2 hovering between 90 and 95%. Was as low as 89% for a minute. Fuck me.
    Yeah, sounds like it's time for some tests. And for shit's sake, back off the exercise. If you got your heart rate up that high you were pedaling hard, as far as your heart was concerned, even if your legs didn't feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Do your dentist and staff a favor and cancel your appointment if you're sick, no matter what you're sick with. Or were you planning to keep your mask on while they worked on your teeth?
    IF I'm sick, OR positive definitely not going to the dentist But I feel 100% good since Friday morning so hopefully it was just a bad take out food experience. I will still test Monday to be safe. Anyway, ya never a good idea to go to the dentist with anything beyond allergies.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    last week's data.

~90,000 cases,
    ~ 5,000 deaths --

next week, I am going to inquire about a fourth dose ( of vaccine).

Good luck, WrG. ! skiJ
    Unless your old, immune compromised, 4th dose is unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    4th dose?

No worries about BA.2 in late fall. By then we'll be on to the next variant or the maybe one after that. BA.2 rates are climbing fast now. It will rage soon, and burn out before fall (it's raging now, but we seem to ignore exponential growth until after the obvious future gets here.) Yada - forward looking statement informed by recent experience with Wuhan classic, alpha, beta, delta, omicron. Maybe it will be different this time. We said that last time too.

Everyone wants to pretend it's over though, so good luck to us, I guess.

Thanks, trackhead - I appreciate your posts,
    your efforts for WrG, and
    I appreciate the adventures you are showing your son !
    Thank you...

old ( but not yet elderly ),
    lung-damaged ( thank you, Influenza and pneumonia ), and
    a couple other risk factors...

it's okay - I manage my exposure.
    I hope the advances in vaccine technology goat writes of are coming.

A million dead
    ( More than five million world-wide ) -

There is some other stuff that challenges my ability to 'look on the sunny side' !
    ( three friends diagnosed with cancer in the last year ; two others experienced strokes )

Thank you for your contributions on the pages of these forums, trackhead ! and others --

respectfully. skiJ

with 30% Unvaccinated, I can probably continue to say.
    Please(,) Be vaccinated - and boostered. 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Thanks, trackhead - I appreciate your posts,
    your efforts for WrG, and
    I appreciate the adventures you are showing your son !
    Thank you...

old ( but not yet elderly ),
    lung-damaged ( thank you, Influenza and pneumonia ), and
    a couple other risk factors...

it's okay - I manage my exposure.
    I hope the advances in vaccine technology goat writes of are coming.

A million dead
    ( More than five million world-wide ) -

There is some other stuff that challenges my ability to 'look on the sunny side' !
    ( three friends diagnosed with cancer in the last year ; two others experienced strokes )

Thank you for your contributions on the pages of these forums, trackhead ! and others --

respectfully. skiJ

with 30% Unvaccinated, I can probably continue to say.
    Please(,) Be vaccinated - and boostered. 🙄
    Omg please stfu and stop fluffing everyone here. And learn how to properly write for Dog’s sake, and ours. This isn’t hard dude.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Everyone wants to pretend it's over though, so good luck to us, I guess.
    A friend who's a nurse made that exact statement IRL yesterday.

In other news, it's looking like the feds will pony up for a 4th dose for the over 50 crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Wait for the end, because it is accurate.
    That was good.

My dad was a gas passer.
    Eight hours of boredom and three minutes of panic sounds about right.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    In other news, it's looking like the feds will pony up for a 4th dose for the over 50 crowd.
    Raises hand.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Raises hand.
    x2

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

X3
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Also on board for Booster AND Flu Shot this fall.

Had a bumpy night last Thursday and mild sniffles for awhile now;. Just took a rapid to confirm negative before going to the dentist today. Still not comfortable places where masks aren't or can't be worn without that kind of precaution. Boosted so not worried about getting it myself but want to be damned sure I'm not spreading it to folks who can't or won't better protect themselves regardless.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I fell off the mask wagon this weekend. It feels weird. I'll happily put mine on around anyone who asks. Please, feel free to ask.

We were down in the Rutvegas area over the weekend for an AAU tournament. Very few masks. Then I noticed when I got home that it was the same up here, I just hadn't noticed as I was still wearing a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Raises hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    x2

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    X3
    x4
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

We did a few spring break days in Bend; we dropped masks for the couple days…now I’m wondering if it was premature. I’ve got cold symptoms but not any covid as of yet. Back to masking for a bit to see how this mask free season shakes out for a month before committing to it

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    We did a few spring break days in Bend; we dropped masks for the couple days…now I’m wondering if it was premature. I’ve got cold symptoms but not any covid as of yet. Back to masking for a bit to see how this mask free season shakes out for a month before committing to it
    Ya, I hear ya. Im mixed. My wife and thing#3 both had covid recently. We isolated them in each case. My FIL and I never had symptoms and never tested positive. So they dropped masks a couple of weeks ago. I didn't until this weekend and I'm on the fence if that was a good idea or not. Mostly, it just feels weird after two years, with a brief period late spring early summer '21 where masks came off in VT.

Ya, I hear ya. Im mixed. My wife and thing#3 both had covid recently. We isolated them in each case. My FIL and I never had symptoms and never tested positive. So they dropped masks a couple of weeks ago. I didn't until this weekend and I'm on the fence if that was a good idea or not. Mostly, it just feels weird after two years, with a brief period late spring early summer '21 where masks came off in VT.
    It's ok, man. Don't stress it. At this point, unless you're rocking an KN/N95, it's little more than a security blanket. If you or the ones you're with are immunocompromised, that's different (again better be wearing the right type of well-fitted mask), but other than that, society is now allowing people to make their own risk assessments. Esp now that the majority of people are vaccinated. People are coming out of their hidey holes and enjoying Spring. I'm loving seeing it. Maybe it's cuz Trump's gone or people aren't as afraid of Covid now, but seems the sharp divisions are eroding somewhat. Not making a political statement. Just my casual observations. Cheers, Riser.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Well I just joined the 4th shot club. At a regular doctors visit this morning and she suggested it since my booster was in October. I meet the requirements due to immune history and being over 50 means I will have qualified in the coming days regardless.

Still masking indoors for stores and such but not worried about outdoor activities like lift lines. We’ve been hanging unmasked with friends and family for a while. Right now I’m just trying to avoid catching Covid since I’ve made it this far without it. Schools dropped the masks a couple of weeks ago but the missus is still wearing one. Last week principal, secretary, special Ed, and a couple of other teachers were all out with it. Plus a lot of kids. The biggest outbreak in the school thus far. All involved dropped masks as soon as allowed.