Page 626 of 929 FirstFirst ... 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 ... LastLast
Results 15,626 to 15,650 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    It was.
    Yeah, maybe, sort of. There's more to the story as pointed out by others. Plus, still waiting to get an answer to this:

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I saw the exchange with Rand and the Dr. in real time. Enlighten me. Why does this make a difference in the way this pandemic is being handled?
    So the US funded research somewhere. OK. What does that mean in this context?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Asspen ran away from a series of “tough”questions in another thread. Just bailed completely rather than face them. So don’t hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    So the US funded research somewhere. OK. What does that mean in this context?
    What I saw was a disagreement between Fauci and Rand as to what lab work would be defined as "gain of function" work. Personally I don't care as it has no bearing on getting past this pandemic. What I saw was similar to the disagreement that occurred between to bodies of science about the size and definition of an "Aerosol" particle that added confusion to mask wearing.

So in this context IDGAF about a nuanced and politicized scientific debate. YVMV.

I got my pfizer booster on Wed. Felt blah all the next day and went to bed a 9:30. Walked 18 holes for golf today. In the rain.
    Last edited by wooley12; 10-22-2021 at 09:15 PM.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yes, Walgreens website directs you to a store that has what you had, which was 25 miles away from home. After checking them I booked mine this morning at CVS. Had the choice of Moderna of Pfizer. Chose Moderna (kept going back and forth so just went with what I had and the CVS close to my house is Moderna).

They asked no questions online about what I'd had, just dates to make sure I was 6 months out.

Showed up and left after 5 minutes. This store was Moderna but I think they would have given me the shot if my card said Pfizer. He didn't even look at it and sign it till he was ready to shoot me.

It was anticlimactic.
    thanks. I'll give CVS a try.
    I just walked myself through it again on CVS and it does ask what you had but it gives you the option to schedule either Pfizer or Moderna even after you tell them.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, just signed myself up. Excellent. thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Got a txt message from CO state that my vax is over 6mo ago and 'due for booster'. Pretty cool. I'm going to do it. Decisions on the mix-match hmmmm.
    I got the same txt from CO, telling me to schedule a vax. And based on what you guys said, I got an appt at CVS for Pfizer (Walgreens wouldn't let me do that because my first shots were Moderna). But the question is whether they will actually give me the shot.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    I actually had to google that, thinking it far too low. But you are right. Though I just read that doesn't necessarily include (nonpracticing) Jewish ethnicity.

Around 16.5M LDS too.

Huh.
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    What I saw was a disagreement between Fauci and Rand as to what lab work would be defined as "gain of function" work. Personally I don't care as it has no bearing on getting past this pandemic. What I saw was similar to the disagreement that occurred between to bodies of science about the size and definition of an "Aerosol" particle that added confusion to mask wearing.

So in this context IDGAF about a nuanced and politicized scientific debate. YVMV.

I got my pfizer booster on Wed. Felt blah all the next day and went to bed a 9:30. Walked 18 holes for golf today. In the rain.
    The debate about the size of covid containing particles has huge relevance for getting past the pandemic. It's the difference between masks helping and not helping, it predicts how long viruses linger in the air, whether they linger on surfaces and can spread that way--basically the debate is relevant to every aspect of how we try to stop the spread of the virus except maybe vaccines. Do we spend dollars and manpower disinfecting surfaces are putting footprint decals on the floor every 6 feet. (Not that 6 feet is really enough.) It may sound like angels on the head of a pin to you but it's not.

The debate about GOF research OTOH is the debate about who to blame. And while I think--to the minimal degree I'm qualified to think--the GOF research had nothing to do with the pandemic I have no problem banning it (to the minimal extent that I'm qualified to have an opinion on that subject.)

I received the Pfizer vax back in March, and got the Pfizer booster at the end of September. Very similar side-effects to the second shot: intense, unquenchable thirst, body aches, fatigue and a feverish night-sweat so intense I needed to change the sheets and take a shower. I could have rung out the t-shirt I was sleeping in.

All of that kicked in about 18 hours after my shot, and lasted 18-24 hours. Highly recommended: 10/10, would do again.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I got the same txt from CO, telling me to schedule a vax. And based on what you guys said, I got an appt at CVS for Pfizer (Walgreens wouldn't let me do that because my first shots were Moderna).
    I'm leaning towards not mix-n-matching. It looks like 2M+F and 3M will yield similar protection but I'm mostly driven by, ummm, familiarity with my Moderna response. Nothing a day on the couch wouldn't fix so feels like a good bet for planning your week around. Who knows tho?

If I had JnJ, I'd for sure get Moderna tho.

No science behind my decision to get 3M and not mix and match. More about comfort levels, KISS, and availability on Friday at 1 pm so I'm not at work the next day, and lack of overwhelming evidence the Pfizer boost would be a better choice.

Does the very modest antibody boost (mm +P vs mm+m) actually equal greater protection and is it as durable? No way to know.

Was really cold last night, had a sweatshirt on with hood up, hat, and multiple blankets, skin felt hot to wife. Brief nap and felt better.

Feel completely normal this morning. Arm soreness in light to mild range. Similar to dose 2.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 10-23-2021 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    A few weeks ago I got sucked into a facebook argument with an old high school buddy about the vax (something I try not to do). He had all the typical arguments, its not proven, it violates his freedom, hes pretty sure he has already had it so he is naturally immune now, blah, blah, blah. Needless to say I didnt convince him of shit.
    Yesterday this popped up on our group facebook page for our high school class... SAME GUY!

"Sorry I left this out, he is suffering from blood clots due to covid.
    Doug is in need of our prayers and good thoughts. He is fighting for his life.
    they were told yesterday that he would not survive, but we are asking EVERYONE TO PLEASE PRAY, and also praise God!!!
    & to Get a prayer out as fast as you can, to EVERYONE….
    From lou:
    Doug has stabilized on his back. They were not expecting this. The left leg is viable. Right leg will need amputated above knee. Vascular surgeon who told me there’s no hope yesterday, is taking him to surgery within the hour. There are no guarantees, we know this.
    I have been speaking to Doug through the HS. I know he can hear me.
    Doug had surgery and as far as I know at 5:20 on Tuesday, Doug made it through surgery but needs lots of prayers"

For what its worth he is in excellent shape (former military) as a mailman he walks miles a day. Bottom line get fucking vaccinated! Prayers are fucking worthless, get the vaccine!
    Holy shit, missed this first time around. Even people who had covid can definitely get sick and sometimes much sicker.

Thats terrible.

We dont know what the long term side effects of covid are in addition to short term issues like this.

https://amp.cancer.org/cancer/cancer...r/viruses.html

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Just received a notification that I'm eligible for a booster (if I meet the very loose criteria) yet it hasn't even been six months. But here's the interesting part: they're offering a full mix and match buffet.

No science behind my decision to get 3M and not mix and match. More about comfort levels, KISS, and availability on Friday at 1 pm so I'm not at work the next day, and lack of overwhelming evidence the Pfizer boost would be a better choice.

Does the very modest antibody boost (mm +P vs mm+m) actually equal greater protection and is it as durable? No way to know.

Was really cold last night, had a sweatshirt on with hood up, hat, and multiple blankets, skin felt hot to wife. Brief nap and felt better.

Feel completely normal this morning. Arm soreness in light to mild range. Similar to dose 2.
    Ended up getting a Moderna booster yesterday to bolster the Pfizer doses I received previously. So far so good, just a little sore arm.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Just received a notification that I'm eligible for a booster (if I meet the very loose criteria) yet it hasn't even been six months. But here's the interesting part: they're offering a full mix and match buffet.
    seriously I think its more important you have dinner than worrying if you should get the chicken or the fish

up here we just got the people's shot and it seems to be whatever they give you which was pfizer,

you need health issues to get the 3rd right now

but i did get the flu shot
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It's Merica though and we can have the chicken, fish, or a Johnsonville brat for free. Free, free, free. Our choice!! We aren't used to this. Please allow us time to ponder our good fortune.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

no wonder everyone is so fat

and 40% of you arent having dinner at all

My point was that people (in this very thread) have either been told they must receive the same booster as their original immunization, or had to bend the truth to get something different. All of a sudden, it's a smorgasbord: all the vax you can take!

...and it's too soon, and I don't even qualify (but if I went this weekend, they'd take me no questions asked)

My point was that people (in this very thread) have either been told they must receive the same booster as their original immunization, or had to bend the truth to get something different. All of a sudden, it's a smorgasbord: all the vax you can take!

...and it's too soon, and I don't even qualify (but if I went this weekend, they'd take me no questions asked)
    It's cause they want to copy Canada's method of just giving people whatever, and then making them wait a month and then giving them whatever else is on hand.

Turns out it works better. Go figure, eh!

Anybody can get one by saying they are an ex smoker..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

It's Merica though and we can have the chicken, fish, or a Johnsonville brat for free. Free, free, free. Our choice!!
    And 30% prefer to starve.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    It's cause they want to copy Canada's method of just giving people whatever, and then making them wait a month and then giving them whatever else is on hand.

Turns out it works better. Go figure, eh!
    Here on the left coast they didnt have enough vax so they stretched it out to give more people a 1st shot and it was 8 weeks between them

How long until full protection after a Pfizer booster? Still 2 weeks?

WTF is it with Dirt Workers? Was on the phone with a PM on a pond project that has stalled cause of wet/sloppy conditions. He warned me to give the entire dirt crew a wide berth. None will get vaccinated (they think it shrinks your balls) and the Delta is raging through them. Lead had to go in for Monoclonal infusions, suppose to be quarantined but nah he keeps coming into the office.

According to him, guy with 102 temp. this is all fake.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

WTF is it with Dirt Workers? Was on the phone with a PM on a pond project that has stalled cause of wet/sloppy conditions. He warned me to give the entire dirt crew a wide berth. None will get vaccinated (they think it shrinks your balls) and the Delta is raging through them. Lead had to go in for Monoclonal infusions, suppose to be quarantined but nah he keeps coming into the office.

According to him, guy with 102 temp. this is all fake.

I will never, ever understand the galaxy brain required to think the vax is bad and scary but the monoclonal antibodies (and any other modern medical intervention) is A-OK. This country is too stupid to continue. If I didn't already have kids I'd 100% get snipped to prevent bringing any children into this fucked up country (MT ain't doing so hot, either).

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    <snip> (MT ain't doing so hot, either).
    That's the price of freedumb, my good man... FREEDUMB!!

WTF is it with Dirt Workers? they think it shrinks your balls
    Fair question: What woman in their right mind would want to fuck and/or bear a child from a [check notes] dirt worker?

Hope springs eternal?