Page 531 of 929 FirstFirst ... 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 ... LastLast
Results 13,251 to 13,275 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yeah but this situation is not normal and it was preventable

they airmedivac people out usually to Vangroovy cuz they just don't have the expertise on some things its understandable that medbro can't have expertise on say a heart probelms if they don't see enough heart probelms, so the attending talks to vancover and makes the call to fly, or not and its never a wasted flight if the patient doesnt die

same with a lot of surgical procedures colonoscopys/ ACL's/ knees will be done by a visiting pro that is life in the narth

but actualy in small town the ER is almost never very busy, its usually < an hr wait
    Any time I've been to a small town BC ER the only wait time is for the doctors to leave their houses to come in and do x-rays and set bones. Once in Invermere they even had to turn on the lights in the rooms we needed. I apologized to everyone working there for ruining their evenings.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you got some pictures of HW and you are in general full of shit but what does it mean ?

so

no
    What he posted actually confirms what you and others are saying. In my limited experience being in ICU areas of hospitals it is relatively isolated, by design. They don't want tons of people wandering into and out of ICU rooms, possibly introducing disease where the patients cannot handle it...and in this case, they're keeping non-infected people from catching COVID.

The rest of the hospital is exactly what you would expect when HC resources are dedicated to keeping COVIDiots alive in the ICU. One of the docs that posts in this tread, or maybe it was one of the scientists working on COVID issues, pointed out that it takes a lot more HC resources to operate one ICU bed than it does your run of the mill hospital bed. The ICU is full, they've repurposed docs/nurses to the ICU from other parts of the hospital, that renders those non-ICU areas low use. So what MF experienced is by design and should be a massive DUH to him before going in. What did he think he'd find? People on vents piled up in the hallway?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

and BTW those crayon eaters would not be there if they had got vaxed

I think he doesnt have a clue how a hospitol works

remember covid denyers would take a picture of hospitol parking lots and say see they aren't busy
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    What did he think he'd find? People on vents piled up in the hallway?
    Well, that's the picture that many of you here and the news have certainly painted. It is not. Yes, I know it's "by design." It's also inexcusable during a pandemic that hospitals would have so many layoffs when they should have been ramping up before the SHTF. With Canada's healthcare system, I don't know what their excuse is for all their layoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    That’s an anecdote not data.
    Yet, your anecdotes of life in the trenches are acceptable. Got it. Your hospital this sleepy too?

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Well, that's the picture that many of you here and the news have certainly painted. It is not. Yes, I know it's "by design." It's also inexcusable during a pandemic that hospitals would have so many layoffs when they should have been ramping up before the SHTF. With Canada's healthcare system, I don't know what their excuse is for all their layoffs.
    So the hospital you were in laid off tons of staff recently? Source?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Yet, your anecdotes of life in the trenches are acceptable. Got it. Your hospital this sleepy too?
    It’s called credibility.

Read. My. Entire. Post. You know. Beyond the last period of what you quoted. SMH...
    yawn. I read your post. not exactly a retraction of what you eluded to originally, just a story about KQ yadda yadda yadda.

Here's the thing with you. You actually never really clearly articulate your stance. Explicitly. Succinctly.

It's always some 'drop' or meme that implies something...be it vaccine efficiency. vaccine safety. data interpterion. usefulness of masks/distancing. merits of regulation in light of purported leadership hypocrisy.

It's never clearly stated..just jabs. Always slippery.

MF posts articles from Ontario and Alberta - the two provinces trending closer and closer to American style healthcare - as examples of universal health care facing the same issues.

Thing is….he’s right. He’s right *because*of the fact that were it 100% up to Alberta government officials they’d have privatized health care just like the US. They’re trying. And as a result the same issues and problems are arising.

By keep self owning through ignorance. It’s a good look.

After more time has gone on, I've come to accept the vaccine, but everyone here loves to be stuck in the past when it comes to old arguments we may have made.
    Yet you are unable to extend that argument to scientists and government officials and anti-Christs like Dr Fauci about things they talked about 17 months ago in the early parts of the pandemic.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    That’s an anecdote not data.
    LOL as if he understands the difference.

How about this? I know someone who recently got wrecked by Covid. Yes, vax'd, so don't go there. I went to go visit them at the ICU. One of the primary Covid care facilities in town.
    What's the name of the hospital and do they say they are full? Because not all hospitals everywhere are maxed at the same time. Cases ebb and flow. Plus, most ICUs aren't allowing visitors for Covid patients so forgive the skepticism but as with so many of your stories it coincides with prevailing right wing narratives — in this instance conspiracy theorists who don't believe ICU cases are real. It's a national phenomenon:

https://twitter.com/JodiOrth/status/1327771329555292162

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...ty-claims.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/cons...s-rise-2020-11

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...rses-virginia/

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Yet you are unable to extend that argument to scientists and government officials and anti-Christs like Dr Fauci about things they talked about 17 months ago in the early parts of the pandemic.
    False. I've only used them as examples explicitly to point out how you allow SOME people to change stances as we learn more, while simultaneously not affording others the same room to grow. You would know this if you had any level of comprehensive reading capability.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Nail-on-the-head

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I never called my personal experience working in a hospital data, it’s anecdotal and just presented to illustrate the situation that I experience every day at work.

Our ICU/PCU is partitioned into Covid and non Covid. It’s full on both sides. The Covid side continually encroaches into the non Covid side. It’s a dynamic situation for sure and not getting better right now. We didn’t lay off staff here, there were temporary furloughs. Those people just had hours cut, usually no more than 20%. We did have staff leave willingly to pursue very lucrative travel contracts. It’s not going to be the same at every hospital, but talking with friends and former coworkers around the state and region it’s not a rosy picture anywhere. These are people that work in hospitals not crisis actors.

False. I've only used them as examples explicitly to point out how you allow SOME people to change stances as we learn more, while simultaneously affording others the same room to grow. You would know this if you had any level of comprehensive reading capability.
    I’ve read this several times and it gets more amusing every time.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    What's the name of the hospital? Because most ICUs aren't allowing visitors for Covid patients and like so many of your stories it coincides with prevailing right wing narratives — in this instance conspiracy theorists who don't believe ICU cases are real. It's a national phenomenon:

https://twitter.com/JodiOrth/status/1327771329555292162

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...ty-claims.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/cons...s-rise-2020-11

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...rses-virginia/
    Well it is Texas. That said, ICUs aren’t really allowing visitors and only if they’re immediate family. He did do some snooping around though so that supports his “data”.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    What's the name of the hospital? Because a lot of ICUs aren't allowing visitors and like so many of your stories it coincides with prevailing right wing narratives — in this instan conspiracy theorists who don't believe ICU cases are real. It's a national phenomenon:
    Not doxing the patient, but I was allowed entry, as per your BI article you posted, "You really can only get in if you're here for an appointment yourself or you have to be listed in a log that we track as a designated visitor for a patient." So yes, I was allowed on the list. Took a while because first they had to test COV negative themselves, and then I had to show proof of vax, temp checks, the whole rigamarole.

Also, I'm not some conspiracy theorist. Have never shared those pics before, so not meant for FB, Twatter, whatever. Wasn't trying to say ICU's aren't up to capacity. Was attempting to illustrate my point about the "overwhelming" of hospitals being due to AVAILABLE beds. The lack of bed availability massively due to lack of staffing. If I'm so wrong, then why are you hearing so much about healthcare worker burnout and staffing shortages? Maybe they wouldn't be so over-worked if, wait for it, they had proper levels of staffing!!! GASP!

Who are you guys engaging with? I just see a whole lot of dumb and scroll right by.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I’ve read this several times and it gets more amusing every time.
    I think they call this gaslighting. In the old days, we'd start our retort with: "that's rich....."

It's a hard life wearing masks and getting vaxxed but sure as God wears sandles it beats spreading disinformation from dudes with underage mistresses

r/hermancainaward
    r/letterkenney

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Lol Maine.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...VEe81sVH80YayE

This past week, the entire state of Idaho has moved to crisis standards of care, in which resources are stretched so thin that patients may be treated based on who has the best chances of survival. Still, that news, which seems alarming enough to me, isn’t necessarily getting through. I’ve noticed that hospitals increasingly are inviting reporters directly into the ICU wards, in a maddening bid to try to convince the public, after all these months, that the pandemic even exists.

But it turns out this denial behavior is not only normal, it was totally foreseeable, according to Steven Taylor, a psychologist at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, B.C.

Taylor would know because he predicted it. He wrote a remarkable little book back in 2019 called “The Psychology of Pandemics.” Its premise is that pandemics are “not simply events in which some harmful microbe ‘goes viral,’” but rather are mass psychological phenomena about the behaviors, attitudes and emotions of people.

The book came out pre-COVID and yet predicts every trend and trope we’ve been living for 19 months now: the hoarding of supplies like toilet paper at the start; the rapid spread of “unfounded rumors and fake news”; the backlash against masks and vaccines; the rise and acceptance of conspiracy theories; and the division of society into people who “dutifully conform to the advice of health authorities” — sometimes compulsively so — and those who “engage in seemingly self-defeating behaviors such as refusing to get vaccinated.”
    Interesting.

How about this? I know someone who recently got wrecked by Covid. Yes, vax'd, so don't go there. I went to go visit them at the ICU. One of the primary Covid care facilities in town. I saw it all over the local news about how overflowing the ICUs were, just as you all had heard. So, I thought it would be interesting to see what the reality was for myself. Place was a goddam ghost town. Since I finally scored a pass for entry, after making it past security up front, I decided to snoop around. 1st and 2nd floors were deserted. Mostly empty. 3rd floor was where the action was, and even that was 1/2 empty. Had a good chat with the ICU doc who was taking care of my friend and he told me how bad staffing was, how they've had to get so many travelling nurses, and how furious he was with the higher ups that they canned so many people when they knew damn well these surges were coming. The burnout was real. I could see it in him. I could see it in the staff. Same hospital chain btw that I was mentioning gave their CEO like $30MM last year.

So I'm not just pulling this stuff out of thin air. I'm relaying what I witnessed first hand. Had gotten to know much of the staff and helped out wherever I could up there on repeat visits. Been holding off on sharing even this because I know how much shit I'll catch, but it's the truth. Our hospitals are not overflowing. It's an "available bed" issue like I've been trying to say.

The sleepy ICU:
    Attachment 386258

The person I know on ventilation. Was intubated here, but now on trach these days:
    Attachment 386259

That good enough data for you?
    But there are other MDs here so you're wrong.

It’s called credibility.
    No it's called #theborg