Page 293 of 929 FirstFirst ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    It's fascinating that future generations will look back and read stupid colloquialisms like this from the anti-vaxxers. Kids will read history books and ask "why were these guys so ignorant and so unwilling to take easy steps like masking and getting vaccinated?" And they will look up from the history books and remark: "it's sadly ironic that conspiracy theorists like Sirlittledick were spouting off about 'seeing the forest thru (sic) the trees' while being blindly unwilling to take basic steps against a pandemic".

We're at this point: "Pandemic self-inflicted by nutjobs"

I would venture to ask "what are your kids and grandkids going to think of your stupid statements years down the road" but you, CorseShot, Ron Johnson and your ilk are lonely incels so the question doesn't apply.
    Well considering what I posted has noting to do with coivd or vaccines...your response goes to prove my point. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    You forgot about PCR tests
    Inability to differentiate between the flu and c19
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...za/5388263001/
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

5 new deaths in W2. All unvaxxed.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    5 new deaths in W2. All unvaxxed.
    It's kind of like a circular firing squad.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Well considering what I posted has noting to do with coivd or vaccines...
    "Um, durr. I'm Sirlittledick and I like to go to the Covid and Vaccine thread and post stupid non-ironic gems like this".

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Or, get infected from an unvaccinated cretin, don’t get sick and pass it on to your immunocomprimised loved one who then dies.

That’s what you meant isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Holy shit I almost couldn't wade back far enough to even find this but yeah that was exactly my concern. If it was just about me I could give two shits. But see people who are vaxxed are getting it so why get vaxxed right....this thread delivers in all the wrong ways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Have been occasionally following this thread, as well as keeping on top of "real" news.

It seems like much of the hesitation/inability to require Vax is that the FDA hasn't approved it yet.

Has that been discussed and I missed it?
    It has, and the consensus is that it's disingenuous. If they received full approval tomorrow, there'd be a new "reason" by Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Well considering what I posted has noting to do with coivd or vaccines...your response goes to prove my point. Sorry.
    are u vaxxed?
    is the pandemic real?
    are u against masking?
    why dont u move to lakeview?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    It has, and the consensus is that it's disingenuous. If they received full approval tomorrow, there'd be a new "reason" by Monday.
    Well, I guess I hope for "Monday". Maybe the new reason appeals to a smaller %..

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m getting so frustrated with anti vaccine people, even coworkers. It’s like selective psychosis
    Yeah, know the feeling. Hence my venting. Sucks to see people die unnecessarily.

On ventilators.

But they're just crisis actors, so they aren't really dead.

I'm just gullible enough to believe it when I sign their death certificates.

ps, thanks Summer for your perspective from that hellish penal colony.

It's fascinating that future generations will look back and read stupid colloquialisms like this from the anti-vaxxers. Kids will read history books and ask "why were these guys so ignorant and so unwilling to take easy steps like masking and getting vaccinated?" And they will look up from the history books and remark: "it's sadly ironic that conspiracy theorists like Sirlittledick were spouting off about 'seeing the forest thru (sic) the trees' while being blindly unwilling to take basic steps against a pandemic".

I would venture to ask "what are your kids and grandkids going to think of your stupid statements years down the road" but you, CorseShot, Ron Johnson and your ilk are lonely incels so the question doesn't apply.
    IMO it's going to go the other way. We upended society for a virus that is of little danger to anyone under 50 and it's not clear at all that there was any benefit from the non-pharmaceutical interventions. COVID is here forever. Zero COVID was never going to happen. Make your own risk assessments and live accordingly.

What we did to our kids is criminal.

Most mismanaged event in human history.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Tele Rob, and then the two maggots and Ian on the same day. That’s it, I believe. Ian keeps track.
    Tyrone and Kush

And the guy in the bar pretending to be Ty.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Tyrone and Kush
    Thanks. I couldn’t remember off the top of my head.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    The long term protective data from Pfizer is starting to come in (randomized trial). New preprint
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....28.21261159v1

Any symptomatic infection
    2 months 96%
    2-4 months 90%
    4-6 months 84%

For protection vs severe illness solid all the way through at least 6 months *97%*
    Are there any studies showing same long term results for Moderna or J&J?
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post

From what I understand they have recommended it without passing it through the whole process to be approved, which historically takes some time.. but this is a unique situation.

I feel like from a govt. intervention standpoint that is the next logical step that we're waiting for.
    Whether or not it makes any difference to holdouts, the FDA should give immediate full approval because they are already the best-studied vaccines in human history.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    IMO it's going to go the other way. We upended society for a virus that is of little danger to anyone under 50 and it's not clear at all that there was any benefit from the non-pharmaceutical interventions. COVID is here forever. Zero COVID was never going to happen. Make your own risk assessments and live accordingly.

What we did to our kids is criminal.

Most mismanaged event in human history.

Yes "Ron Johnson", what you and that other libertarian did to the kids was criminal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan...n_(politician)

did your text books have dunces, dolts, morons, and other Trumpian ilk in them? Mine didn’t. Flush turds, there’s nothing to learn. By this point everyone but euro royal familys knows if your family tree doesn’t branch bad things happen, fuck sirhumpslox and the other inbred drain babys.

Yes "Ron Johnson", what you and that other libertarian did to the kids was criminal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan...n_(politician)
    I wonder what must have been going through your head to make such a useless post.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Whether or not it makes any difference to holdouts, the FDA should give immediate full approval because they are already the best-studied vaccines in human history.
    Been out for less than a year and there is no longer a control arm in the original trials, but they are somehow the best studied vaccines in history?

It's as if there was a school someplace or maybe just a branch of some intel service that will train you to learn all the words but none of their meanings. Is it Sinovac sales? Who pays for it? You can tell us, this is just a ski forum.

@RJ, Yes, they are the best studied vaccines in history because of the enormous resources put into studying them not only in the U.S., but also in many other countries. There has never been anything quite like it in medical history. As I said before it is one of the most impressive, if not the most impressive, achievements in medical-scientific research.

From the WAPO--internal CDC slide presentation re delta--"as transmissible as chickenpox". Herd immunity unachievable. No new info in this article about how big the risk of vaccinated people getting infected, getting sick, and dying. No new info about the risk of vaccinated people transmitting the virus beyond the high viral loads in infected vaccinated people already discussed.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...mask-guidance/

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    From the WAPO--internal CDC slide presentation re delta--"as transmissible as chickenpox". Herd immunity unachievable. No new info in this article about how big the risk of vaccinated people getting infected, getting sick, and dying. No new info about the risk of vaccinated people transmitting the virus beyond the high viral loads in infected vaccinated people already discussed.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...mask-guidance/
    Walter A. Orenstein, associate director of the Emory Vaccine Center, said he was struck by data showing that vaccinated people who became infected with delta shed just as much virus as those who were not vaccinated. The slide references an outbreak in Barnstable County, Mass., where vaccinated and unvaccinated people shed nearly identical amounts of virus.
    “I think this is very important in changing things,” Orenstein said.
    A person working in partnership with the CDC on investigations of the delta variant, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak, said the data came from a July 4 outbreak in Provincetown, Mass. Genetic analysis of the outbreak showed that people who were vaccinated were transmitting the virus to other vaccinated people. The person said the data was “deeply disconcerting” and a “canary in the coal mine” for scientists who had seen the data.
    If the war has changed, as the CDC states, so has the calculus of success and failure. The extreme contagiousness of delta makes herd immunity a more challenging target, infectious-disease experts said.
    “I think the central issue is that vaccinated people are probably involved to a substantial extent in the transmission of delta,” Jeffrey Shaman, a Columbia University epidemiologist, wrote in an email after reviewing the CDC slides. “In some sense, vaccination is now about personal protection — protecting oneself against severe disease. Herd immunity is not relevant as we are seeing plenty of evidence of repeat and breakthrough infections.”
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    No new info about the risk of vaccinated people transmitting the virus beyond the high viral loads in infected vaccinated people already discussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Walter A. Orenstein, associate director of the Emory Vaccine Center, said he was struck by data showing that vaccinated people who became infected with delta shed just as much virus as those who were not vaccinated. The slide references an outbreak in Barnstable County, Mass., where vaccinated and unvaccinated people shed nearly identical amounts of virus.
    Data suggests, absent any other measures, RO (the potential transmission number) for delta among vaccinated individuals in Israel is 1 versus 4 for the unvaccinated in Israel and between 5-8 for the unvaccinated in America (likely due in part to lower vaccination rates). So the key thing to keep in mind is vaccines still greatly reduce the risk of getting infected even for delta.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    Are there any studies showing same long term results for Moderna or J&J?
    Not exactly what you asked for but here's data as of July 27 on breakthrough cases in Minnesota for each vaccine:

1,626,557 MN got Pfizer - 2,074 breakthroughs (0.13%)
    1,125,919 MN got Moderna - 976 breakthroughs (0.08%)
    266,975 MN are J&J - 813 breakthroughs (0.30%)