Page 273 of 929 FirstFirst ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,825 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    These are my favorite parts;

"... the mechanisms of person-to-person transmission in the community have not been fully determined."

"Most studies were underpowered because of limited sample size, and some studies also reported suboptimal adherence in the face mask group."

But kudos to the authors for pulling together a meta-analysis of shitty individual studies. What could go wrong?
    I didn't say it was perfect. All I said is it's the best we have. Find me a better one if you think it's not good enough.

We now have the data from COVID, and they clearly support the findings in the paper.

Lulz. Best is not relevant but now we have a relevant one and it's not the best but trust me....

There's a thread in polyass for ronjon. It's super polite and respectful and stuff. Something about trolls.

Guy in hospital recovering from Covid says he still wouldn’t have gotten the vaccine because the government can’t tell him what to do

https://youtu.be/Z391KqNX_tI

Best part is when he says he won’t get the vaccine because it’s only emergency approved. Then they ask the doctor and he said well so is the medication we treated you with.

Obviously this is purely anecdotal, but I've got to think the drastic reduction in flu cases this past year was primarily due to a huge number of people working from home and kids attending school virtually. Maybe masks helped, but I doubt they were a major factor.

This shit sucks: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...19Zu_O2NCf66tU

Case rates and % positivity rates in California are not good. I can’t find data about breakthrough disease, but continue to read about it in news article from interviews with public health officials.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    I don't have much of an opinion on why the flu has disappeared. All I know is masks have nothing to do with it.
    Are you trying to be obtuse?? Or are you really this fucking ignorant?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Obviously this is purely anecdotal, but I've got to think the drastic reduction in flu cases this past year was primarily due to a huge number of people working from home and kids attending school virtually. Maybe masks helped, but I doubt they were a major factor.
    Counterpoint, schools here in Burlington were open in person all year. Mrs Flounder teaches 2nd grade and for the first time in 25 years wasn’t sick a single time. Not once was there a sickness that spread through the classroom as usual. No days with multiple students out. The change this year, everyone was masked all the time.

heres a funny
    Name:  0j825lt0byc71.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  43.5 KB

^ Guaranteed a certain percentage of antivaxxers would say the vaccine is producing a new variant that targets the non-vaccinated. That would seem about par for the course for them.

Gotta laugh at the narrative being pushed right now that it's only spreading amongst the unvaxxed when stuff like this just happened:
    5 fully vaccinated Texas House Democrats test positive for COVID-19
    https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/thre...-for-covid-19/
    Where's the Curb Your Enthusiasm outro when you need it? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Gotta laugh at the narrative being pushed right now that it's only spreading amongst the unvaxxed when stuff like this just happened:
    Don’t be stupid. Your take is neither insightful nor helpful. You’re smart enough to understand the situation.

Would you mind saving me a little time on this? Did these people have symptoms or spread it to anyone or just test positive to a sensitive test?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Would you mind saving me a little time on this? Did these people have symptoms or spread it to anyone or just test positive to a sensitive test?
    Dunno. However, I've had the VERY same questions when we hear all the gloom and doom about rising case numbers, while simultaneously noticing decreases in hospitalizations.
    Harboring the virus =/= "sick."

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Precisely. 97% of people currently hospitalized for Covid are unvaccinated. That says pretty much everything you need to know.

p.s. hospitalizations in the U.S. are up 53% in the last two weeks, Montucky.

Dunno. However, I've had the VERY same questions when we hear all the gloom and doom about rising case numbers, while simultaneously noticing decreases in hospitalizations.
    Are you saying you didn't click the link or that the link you posted omits the relevant information? This is why we can't have nice things.

has anyone tuned into am radio, a fox affiliate?
    they're the ones screaming doom and gloom
    it's the radical alt reich's last attempt to brainwash it's fearmongered base to not lose any more members
    normal tv and radio are reporting the numbers and facts
    montfucky must be so dumb it can't pull it's head out of it's ass

you "dunno"? it's right there in your article:

“My first reaction was concern for the health of my colleagues who tested positive for COVID-19,” State Rep. James Talarico, D-Round Rock, told KXAN Saturday. Talarico said he and the rest of his Democratic delegation in D.C. were being tested for COVID-19 daily. “Thankfully… my three colleagues who have tested positive don’t feel any symptoms, and they feel fine, which is probably a result of being fully vaccinated.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

The news coverage about the current cases related to the Texas delegates is pretty spotty, from what I can tell. NPR story from a few days ago mentions no to mild symptoms, and is not clear if the White House staffer, Congress person, and the few congressional staffers (all vaxed) were being infected from the Texas delegates or if they have family that are infected. Since the halls of Congress have been a maskfree environment, I bet contract tracing will be nearly impossible.

The anecdotal story/thread that I posted, all adults were Pfizer vaxed and the children were not. All had symptomatic disease. The “source” of the infection had recently attend several large indoor maskfree gatherings.

It also seems like gloating that vaccinated people are still testing positive makes about as much sense as laughing when someone dies in a car accident even though they were wearing a seatbelt.

It also seems like gloating that vaccinated people are still testing positive makes about as much sense as laughing when someone dies in a car accident even though they were wearing a seatbelt.
    It just signals the desperation for a partisan “win” in the face of abject failure of policy

No such thing as shame anymore or learning from mistakes

If that's the analogy you're going for it's like gloating that somebody got a cut on their arm in a car accident that would have killed them without a seat-belt. Obviously things are changing fairly quickly, but the most up to date data I've seen is that we're still at under 10k hospitalizations among the fully VAXXED. Out of 160M people. That's insane. I've been going out to restaurants and movies and stuff and also live among the UNVAXED so if I had a test I would not be surprised if it came back positive. But in terms of worry about hospitalization? My morning jump line laps are orders of magnitude more dangerous.

"Hey!! Look at me!! I can be exposed to and test positive for the Rona and not feel a thing. Can I spread it? Not my problem. Can I help it mutate? Not my problem."

Did I get that right?

Good for you bro.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I think the narrative needs to be shifted more to protecting the kids from disease since evidence of long covid for kids is kinda all over the place.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Trumptarded Radio Host fighting for life with Covid after refusing to get vaccine.

https://apnews.com/article/entertain...038d664a184079

Here’s his parody song “Vaxman”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6k4ov6LTZC4

Fucking twit

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Hospitalizations are up. We had 9 new admissions for COVID last Saturday. All of them were unvaccinated. All being treated with EUA remdesivir. This isn’t spun, it’s a fact

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums