Page 217 of 929 FirstFirst ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,425 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The chlorine may protect you from the virus, but you could still catch the stupid.
    I remember last year some idiots trying to say swim meets should still be perfectly fine because of the chlorine in the pool. I was thinking what percentage of one's time at a swim meet is actually spent in the pool. Maybe 5-10% tops?

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    CDC says vaccinated can go mask-less in most places:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/05...masks-guidance

Which has been obvious for a while to anybody that actually looked at the numbers and is the same advice I've been excoriated for on this thread.
    Shit dude. You a member of Mensa?

Witnessed my first adult mask tantrum at the market today. Old man not wearing a mask was asked to put one on. He yells “nope! At noon today, the CDC said I don’t have to wear one here!”
    The employee said yes you do, it’s our store policy and he went full meltdown.
    We are a nation of self entitled adult babies.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Witnessed my first adult mask tantrum at the market today. Old man not wearing a mask was asked to put one on. He yells “nope! At noon today, the CDC said I don’t have to wear one here!”
    Here we go.....can’t wait to see this kind of shot on the news now.

My good friend is like that old man. I can’t get through to him to just shut up and throw a mask on if asked.

I’m just as sick of hopping out of my car and automatically throwing one on but it isn’t like it is a hardship or my rights are being violated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    CDC says vaccinated can go mask-less in most places:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/05...masks-guidance

Which has been obvious for a while to anybody that actually looked at the numbers and is the same advice I've been excoriated for on this thread.
    Lol. What I've learned over the course of the last year is that many here evidently need to be told what they're "allowed" to do.

When the CDC makes a grand announcement that you are now 'authorized' to go outdoors without a mask on now that you've been vaccinated:

How most people react:

How those of us with a brain react:

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Lol. What I've learned over the course of the last year is that many here evidently need to be told what they're "allowed" to do.

When the CDC makes a grand announcement that you are now 'authorized' to go outdoors without a mask on now that you've been vaccinated:

How most people react:

How those of us with a brain react:
    Judging by your posting here since the beginning of the pandemic, you’ve learned nothing.

You don’t even understand the difference between advice and authorization.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I had two people at work ask if we've changed our mask policy after that. Listen dumb fucks, first off we're not changing our rules without a discussion (literally no time to do that yet), second, our county/city mask mandate is still in place and I'm not banking on the fact that enough people have been vaccinated and, third, go ahead and fuck off with your entitled bull shit. Have a bit of humility with regards to the situation. This is in a state where no one recreating (other than ski areas) has been wearing a mask outside since a month after lockdown. These fucks are going to be worse than the people that get annoyed at having to wear a mask indoors. I've worn one at work all fucking day for over a year and it's not great but I'm sure it's kept me and others from getting Covid.

[re: Montucky Fried] How about many of us would rather err on the side of caution? Mistakes have been made since the beginning of last year, and the vast majority of those mistakes have been not taking this pandemic serious enough. Those of us with a brain realize wearing a mask is not a hardship 99% of the time. My biggest mask issue has been when I forget it and have to go back home or to my car to get it.

That's true. But when the government imposes any public health measure, for whatever reason under the sun, it always should be the least restrictive necessary to accomplish the legitimate governmental interest. I think this is basically the standard in court and it also makes logical sense in order to get compliance from the populace. I am not sure that has always been the case (e.g. outdoor mask rules despite evidence showing how little the virus spreads in outdoor settings).

Now this is my take on things: CDC is just done trying to save the bottom 50%
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

RE: vaccine passports

I enjoy reading all the FB posts from people whining about giving up their privacy. Uhm, you’re posting on Facebook.

I've shifted my tone with people to just a flat matter of fact 'Getting vaxed is the only way we get out of this. You didn't get paperwork from the virus when you were sick so as far as the government is concerned it didn't happen. Shut up and do your part so we can get back to life.'

I've actually had better responses with this approach then trying to use scientific reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    Yep. I think it is possible the CDC just pulled a Benny Profane and told the unvaxxed to go fuck themselves. America is moving on. Unfortunately I think this decision will have unintended victims.

I'm not sure why or how they came to do this. Do they think this will cause the private sector to increase pressure on their employees/customers to get the vax? Doubt that happens.

I guess the vaxx pass thing being a trigger for all these people they decided to throw in the towel on the intermediate steps.

Sigh...what a time to have an 11 year old. Stuck between the stupid layers.

A guy I know went to his doctor on Tuesday to renew his many meds. This guy is just incredibly smart and funny but just a complete mess due to a lifetime of bad decisions and alcohol/ drug abuse. Like MTT but funnier, smarter, but with no focus and fewer lifetime achievements. Doc told him they only do the covid vaccine on Wednesday...go to any pharmacy. Mmm...Kay. That will be another month or two for him...no car...no real motivation to get it. Shit like this pisses me off. I heard on Wednesday the government changed guidance to clinics to stop worrying about wasting vaccine. Day late and a dollar short. He lives on the other side of town and is a walking black market pharmacy but maybe I'll risk everything and offer to give him a ride.

Good news is many of the low information low motivation people I have the opportunity to nag through customers at work have gotten their shots this last week and a half since walk in clinics have become ubiquitous. I think I have made a difference annoying the shit out of these peeps.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    It's a reasonable take.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yep. I think it is possible the CDC just pulled a Benny Profane and told the unvaxxed to go fuck themselves. America is moving on. Unfortunately I think this decision will have unintended victims.

I'm not sure why or how they came to do this. Do they think this will cause the private sector to increase pressure on their employees/customers to get the vax? Doubt that happens.
    I'd guess this is all part of the return to normal plan

Step 1 - offer vax free of charge until it is widely available
    Step 2 - tell all the vaxxed folks they can return to normal [we are here]
    Step 3 - Govt cuts off the stay home pay as they declare life is normal again and therefore we don't need to cut supplemental unemployment checks and eviction restrictions.
    Step 4 - Those riding funemployment plus supplements have to make a decision to return to the work world at risk, or go get vaxxed. Odds are they don't have health care either so maybe they make a smart choice and get vaxxed.
    Step 5 - Employers hate the idea that their workforce could disappear on them so they mandate vaccines as a condition of employment

It's complete coercion. But likely effective at getting 80% of the population.

I really can't wait for the younger kids vax to get approved. I'm just so done with it, but my kids (8 and 11) are still in the lurch. Schools will require it once it is blessed for use.

Step 6 - ???
    Step 7 - Profit!

A lady who rides MTBs with us is the only one who hasn't, and sez she won't, get the vax.

As a joke we told her last night she needed to mask up around us, per new CDC "rules".
    Said it was for her safety. Now that we are vaxxed, we can be asymptomatic super-spreaders to the unvaxxed.

She had said a few weeks ago that vaxxed people can still harbor the virus in our nasal passages - it was her rationale for why the vaccine doesn't work...

She did not take it well. After her protests we told her she didn't have to mask up but needed to lead the entire ride (she has no sense of direction and regularly misses turnoffs) and we would stay at least 4 bike lengths away from her at all times. She grumbled some more but we kept straight faces. She had (uncharacteristically) little to say at the rest points.

Will see how long everyone can keep up this ruse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Step 6 - Republican boomers all die off
    Step 7 - Profit!
    I read your mind for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    According to our local nut who trolls the county health page this is all part of the bigger plan to depopulate the world.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/05/us-b...-cdc-says.html

Funny you say that. Maybe residential real estate might not be the easy money investment it is currently one generation from now.

Results give us an idea of who the vaccine hesitant

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...tant-1.6024067

“ The most important factor is populism, which we measure using a scale comprised of four categories: trusting down-to-earth people over experts; preferring strong leadership over debate and deliberation; support for increased use of referendums and plebiscites; and believing politicians soon lose touch with the people after they are elected. “

——

Interesting piece on the data (albeit it from the traditionally conservative/religious oil and gas/farming province of Alberta) on what characteristics are found in the vaccine hesitant.

Worth the quick read if you like data science and are interested in factors leading to vaccine hesitancy.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    A lady who rides MTBs with us is the only one who hasn't, and sez she won't, get the vax.

As a joke we told her last night she needed to mask up around us, per new CDC "rules".
    Said it was for her safety. Now that we are vaxxed, we can be asymptomatic super-spreaders to the unvaxxed.

She had said a few weeks ago that vaxxed people can still harbor the virus in our nasal passages - it was her rationale for why the vaccine doesn't work...

She did not take it well. After her protests we told her she didn't have to mask up but needed to lead the entire ride (she has no sense of direction and regularly misses turnoffs) and we would stay at least 4 bike lengths away from her at all times. She grumbled some more but we kept straight faces. She had (uncharacteristically) little to say at the rest points.

I approve of this opportunity to fuck with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

I like it. We have one unvaxxed in our group. He bailed from last nights ride cause someone pointed out he’s supposed to fill out a contact tracing form. It’s a pay to ride place where we had a pass for him to use for free. He’d rather sit home smoke Marlboros, drink Genny Black, and complain he doesn’t want the vaccine cause “you don’t know what’s in it”.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Results give us an idea of who the vaccine hesitant

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...tant-1.6024067
    Makes sense I suppose

Can anyone here explain "Relative risk reduction" vs "absolute risk reduction"? I heard about this peer reviewed study on a podcast with the doctor who did it and I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it. Perhaps some of the resident experts here can translate for those of us who didn't go to medical school:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7996517/

“Relative Risk Reduction” is sidelining Ted Cruz so he doesn’t run again.
    “Absolute Risk Reduction” is assassinating him.

HTH
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident