Page 709 of 813 FirstFirst ... 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 ... LastLast
Results 17,701 to 17,725 of 20310
    Omicron case in MN with travel hx to NY... at an anime convention... OK we can drop the travel ban now.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Omicron case in MN with travel hx to NY... at an anime convention... OK we can drop the travel ban now.
    Travel bans are BS, travelers don't all layover in airports all the way home.

As it should be...

Berlin (CNN)Germany on Thursday announced a nationwide lockdown for the unvaccinated, as its leaders backed plans for mandatory vaccinations in the coming months.
    Unvaccinated people will be banned from accessing all but the most essential businesses, such as supermarkets and pharmacies, to curb the spread of coronavirus, outgoing Chancellor Angela Merkel and her successor, Olaf Scholz, announced Thursday, following crisis talks with regional leaders. Those who have recently recovered from Covid-19 are not covered by the ban.
    The pair also backed proposals for mandatory vaccinations, which if voted through the parliament could take effect from February at the earliest.

Under the tightened restrictions, unvaccinated people can only meet two people from another household. Bars and nightclubs must shut down in areas with an incidence rate above 350 cases per 100,000 people over one week. And the country would limit the number of people at large events like soccer matches.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/02/europ...ntl/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Travelers don't all layover in airports all the way home.
    What idea are you trying to convey here?

We should ban anime conventions

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Only way to effectively restrict would be a 14 day MANDATORY supervised isolation/quarantine for EVERYONE COMING IN FROM EVERYWHERE regardless of citizenship/what their passport says. If this was Ebola that's what they'd be doing (I hope).
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

We have person to person transmission of the new VOC at a mega-mass gathering in the US. There is no need for full quarantine. There is no longer a utility in a travel ban. Just test people.

I guarantee you it will show up in sequencing in several other US states in the next 48 hours.

Good thing kids got 2nd shots today. Now time to find a booster for myself...

Just another data point: Done with 24 hours post-Pfizer booster; some minor to moderate mental fog yesterday PM, slept well and felt entirely fine this morning. Yay, I crossed the line completing another lap of Covid avoidance.

And if this coming Saturday's tempo run is more than a few seconds slower than my par, I'll be sure to let you know.

Omicron in CO.

Omicron in CO.
    And people call us a cultural wasteland.

Omicron in CO.
    We have person to person transmission of the new VOC at a mega-mass gathering in the US. There is no need for full quarantine. There is no longer a utility in a travel ban. Just test people.

I guarantee you it will show up in sequencing in several other US states in the next 48 hours.
    They'll have to keep with the political theater for some time though, just because.

Daughter had dose 2 on Monday. With all the uncertainty and her absolute insistence in getting the shot asap the decision was made not to extend the interval. Slightly cranky with stomach ache day 1 after completing school day with sore arm. New light stomach ache evening of day 2 and tired after school so we skipped indoor soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    besides my mom everyone else at any of the xmas stuff will be unvaccinated.
    Why would you go then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

What idea are you trying to convey here?
    My feeble memory was relaying what I read this morning in the daily YLE update, she's not into travel bans.

"Nonetheless, it shouldn’t be a surprise that Omicron in the U.S. Once we identify a variant (even if it was very early like Omicron), it’s already spreading under our radar. We live in a very globalized and connected world.

We actually saw this prediction with flight patterns. Dr. Dick Brockmann and his team did some interesting calculations based on the world aviation network from August 2021. They estimated the likelihood of a passenger from South Africa or Botswana traveling to another country and exiting the airport (i.e. not a layover). Based on their calculations, U.S. had the second highest probability of a traveler (3.355%) in the world behind Zimbabwe. This means that out of 1000 passengers from South Africa/Botswana, 34 were expected to land in the U.S. You’ll also notice that San Francisco airport made it in this figure too. There are a ton of limitations to this analysis, but interesting nonetheless."

So apparently there's a new theory quickly gaining traction amongst some of the anti-vax crowd that omicron is really just a cover-up of vaccine side effects and deaths...

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    So apparently there's a new theory quickly gaining traction amongst some of the anti-vax crowd that omicron is really just a cover-up of vaccine side effects and deaths...

What will be their story when they themselves contract omicron?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    idk, probably will be hard to decipher over the ventilator

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    And people call us a cultural wasteland.
    exmidwest anime dorks? Nobody would guess it.

That's super easy.

"Sir, you have a case of the Omicron variant."

Him:

Obviously they'd need to diagnose some fake "omicron" cases to give the coverup more credence.

So if Omicron ends up being more transmissible but less virulent than Delta, and vaccines still work reasonably well against it, that would actually be a good thing, right? It would more or less replace Delta

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    So if Omicron ends up being more transmissible but less virulent than Delta, and vaccines still work reasonably well against it, that would actually be a good thing, right? It would more or less replace Delta
    ditto
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

In my barely 12th grade edumacation, that's how I would interpret it as well.

And "if" that were the case you will not ever hear, Way to go Brandon!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That's super easy.

"Sir, you have a case of the Omicron variant."

Him:

This is one of two last words before the intubation possibilityies. It's either this or "I'M SORRY... I WAS WRONG... GIVE ME THE VACCINE GRGL GRGL GRGLLLLLLllllllll!!!!!!!!!"
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!