Page 662 of 929 FirstFirst ... 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 ... LastLast
Results 16,526 to 16,550 of 23206
    I was just thinking how batshit crazy it is for people to be willing to lose their jobs rather than get vaccinated. It is understandable to me that somewhat wouldn't want to get vaccinated, but that's a whole lot different than being so adamant about it that you would rather lose your job than getting the vaccine. There are plenty of things in life we'd rather not do, after all, but still do them because they are required. So to refuse to get vaccinated you're either being just incredibly hardheaded or somehow think the vaccine is more dangerous than getting Covid, and that is simply dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    2010 join date, he's playing the long game if he's reincarnated.
    Didn't he start posting here *right* after the most recent Dum Dum Purge? Seems... suspicious.

Youngest got the shot on Monday. No issues so far, and zero reaction. By Tuesday evening he was making fun of his mom for being such a wimp and getting sick from her booster.

“Game changer” gets thrown around a lot, but that kid getting vaxxed will be a legitimate game changer for us. Wife already has him re-enrolled for in-person school at the start of the year. Hallelujah!
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Do u think I’m a skidog alias, that’s some funny shit

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Have we determined what banned user "teletech" is the reincarnation of? Because there's no way he's not just a new username of an old, argumentative twat.

In the meantime, please stop quoting him... or better yet - put him on Ignore. It's like fucking Groundhog Day around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    2010 join date, he's playing the long game if he's reincarnated.
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Didn't he start posting here *right* after the most recent Dum Dum Purge? Seems... suspicious.
    He had one or two posts in 2010, then nothing for 11 years, then all of a sudden starts shitposting nonstop in this thread as soon as those morons were purged.

I think he is Deebased.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I think he is Deebased.
    ]
    I don't think so. Pretty sure he's who is says he is. His 'coming out' post stood out to me back in Sept:

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    Longtime lurker. ItÂ’s gotten ugly in here. Multiple death threats a day to people. Remember when rog got banned for calling people sheep for following others that got them killed. Now people are wishing people dead every other minute. Calling Eric Clapton an antivaxxer and saying his kid should have died. But he took the vaccine early on, got super sick, hands went numb and thought he would never Play guitar ever again. Cream, traffic, plus the later shit. One of the greatest guitarists ever. HeÂ’s not antivax, shit just fucked him up. ItÂ’s ok to question.
    My wife works in a hospital in nh. Hospital she works in is overflowing. No COVID patients. However there is a bunch of old folks that canÂ’t go home. They canÂ’t take care of themselves. They are taking a ton of beds. Nowhere to send them. The nursing homes are understaffed, itÂ’s a hard job wiping peopleÂ’s ass and comforting peopleÂ’s mom and dad for $12 an hour. The first wave of COVID hit the nursing homes hard, the staff And residents mostly all got COVID and wenT on with their jobs(or died) Instead on thanking them, mandate a vaccine or get fired.That shit ainÂ’t right. You can get antibodies after infection. Is it better then the vaccine? Nobody knows yet.
    ItÂ’s pretty obvious this vaccine isnÂ’t the end of COVID. Maybe with some tweaks it could be. But in the meantime show a little compassion and respect to your fellow human beings. Stop being keyboard warriors, take a step back, take a deep breath, go for a walk in woods. Shred the GNAR.

Cases in Ontario are going up. Government has postponed lifting of further restrictions that was supposed to happen in the next week or so. To be honest I'm not sure what restrictions are even left since I can go to the movies, restaurants, and sporting events. I think these centered around nightclub capacity and sex clubs. Vaccines still showing ~75% effectiveness at preventing infection, and >95% at hospitalization/ICU.

ICU count remains flat. Need to get these kids vaxxed ASAP. Good to hear the kids in the states are so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    Trotting it out from the Scott Atlas days... never ends. https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2...at-barrington/

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    He had one or two posts in 2010, then nothing for 11 years, then all of a sudden starts shitposting nonstop in this thread as soon as those morons were purged.

I think he is Deebased.
    Definitely not. Not nearly as smart and doesn’t have the same tone.
    I’m still convinced Deebased is Blurred.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

6vaccinated adults and 7 unvaccinated Kids were not hospitalized. The kids fared better.
    So the vaccines worked well

Maybe but the kids were fine too. I used to be Harry’s neighbor in big sky, can’t remember if it was a hill or a cedar creek. About 20 years ago

re: the vitamin D thing

I hear the anti vax types might be taking huge amounts of vitamin D as in enough to possibly to fuck with their kidney function
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    re: the vitamin D thing

I hear the anti vax types might be taking huge amounts of vitamin D as in enough to possibly to fuck with their kidney function
    should I invest in dialysis clinics?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Maybe but the kids were fine too. I used to be Harry’s neighbor in big sky, can’t remember if it was a hill or a cedar creek. About 20 years ago
    Does being a former neighbor of Harry’s somehow convey credibility?

You all survived without hospitalization or death. If the kids were vaccinated maybe no one would have gotten infected.

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    Newsweek

Factual errors
    Unlike most large American magazines, Newsweek has not used fact-checkers since 1996. In 1997, the magazine was forced to recall several hundred thousand copies of a special issue called Your Child, which advised that infants as young as five months old could safely feed themselves zwieback toasts and chunks of raw carrot (to the contrary, both represent a choking hazard in children this young). The error was later attributed to a copy editor who was working on two stories at the same time.[60]

In 2017, Newsweek published a story claiming that the First Lady of Poland refused to shake U.S. President Donald Trump's hand; Snopes described the assertion as "false".[61] Newsweek corrected its story.[61]

In 2018, Newsweek ran a story asserting that President Trump had wrongly colored the American flag while visiting a classroom; Snopes was unable to corroborate the photographic evidence.[62]

In August 2018, Newsweek falsely reported that the Sweden Democrats, a far-right party, could win a majority in the 2018 Swedish parliamentary elections. Polls showed that the party was far away from winning a majority. By September 2018, Newsweek's inaccurate article was still up.[63]

Newsweek journalists have expressed criticism of the editorial quality of reporting under its new ownership. In 2018, former Newsweek journalist Jonathan Alter wrote in The Atlantic that since being sold to the International Business Times in 2013 the magazine had "produced some strong journalism and plenty of clickbait before becoming a painful embarrassment to anyone who toiled there in its golden age".[64] Former Newsweek writer Matthew Cooper criticized Newsweek for running multiple inaccurate stories in 2018.[65]
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Does being a former neighbor of Harry’s somehow convey credibility?

You all survived without hospitalization or death. If the kids were vaccinated maybe no one would have gotten infected.

But he can't taste! and it's been 3-weeks! and he had a vaccine! What gives bro? don't you understand his plight? He could be living it up in the ICU right now had he only skipped the vaccine!

I got it from dad, we are trying to figure out where he got it from. All the kids got it like four days after us. I was mentioning being Harry’s neighbor because if I was debased/ blurred isn’t he from Colorado

Deeb has like 25 houses, 1% body fat, and a giant dick.

I do have a giant dick, maybe I am deebased

Everyone does here, donchaknow?

Deebased is way more disingenuous and insufferable. Plus he keeps a thesaurus open at all times.

I got it from dad, we are trying to figure out where he got it from. All the kids got it like four days after us.
    One of your kids tested negative, though, right? How do you know she wasn't passing it around pre-symptomatic and by the time she was tested she'd cleared enough to show negative? Speculation is endless. But you've got a sample that was less than half vaccinated and you've been using it to claim the vaccines don't work. That's silly.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Yup. Newsweek ain't what it used to be and was never all that great. But that aside, this is an opinion piece. The authors should be remembered for the Barrington declaration which basically stated similar positions over a year ago; it was poorly received by most in their respective fields. In some respects, I welcome tough questions and challenges - that aspect is important. There are numerous rebuttals to their positions that one can research if they choose to; that's the important bit: reasoned and challenged approaches to policy.

They really lost me tho - in the tone and language of this piece. It is unprofessional, personal, littered with inflamed sound bites, swarmy in victimhood, grand conspiracy and low-level dialog. It lessens their argument and credibility.

"How Fauci Fooled America"

"Dr. Fauci ignores naturally acquired immunity among the COVID-recovered,"

"Under Fauci's mandates, hospitals are firing heroic nurses who"

"Considering the devastating effects of school closures on children"

"In private conversations, most of our scientific colleagues agree with us on these points."

" smeared in the media or censored by Big Tech."

"and nurses know it better than anyone."

"The evidence is in."

"causing tremendous disruption to labor markets and hampering the operation of many hospitals."

If an idiot like me can find inconsistencies in the hyperbole, strongly made claims that are not established, pandering, 1/2 truths, blatant omissions, unqualified sweeping statements and, maybe most importantly, note that their approach-advocacy lacks useful methods or detailed execution plan - it wouldn't survive proper rigor by their colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Yup. Newsweek ain't what it used to be and was never all that great. But that aside, this is an opinion piece. The authors should be remembered for the Barrington declaration which basically stated similar positions over a year ago; it was poorly received by most in their respective fields. In some respects, I welcome tough questions and challenges - that aspect is important. There are numerous rebuttals to their positions that one can research if they choose to; that's the important bit: reasoned and challenged approaches to policy.

They really lost me tho - in the tone and language of this piece. It is unprofessional, personal, littered with inflamed sound bites, swarmy in victimhood, grand conspiracy and low-level dialog. It lessens their argument and credibility.

"How Fauci Fooled America"

"Dr. Fauci ignores naturally acquired immunity among the COVID-recovered,"

"Under Fauci's mandates, hospitals are firing heroic nurses who"

"Considering the devastating effects of school closures on children"

"In private conversations, most of our scientific colleagues agree with us on these points."

" smeared in the media or censored by Big Tech."

"and nurses know it better than anyone."

"The evidence is in."

"causing tremendous disruption to labor markets and hampering the operation of many hospitals."

If an idiot like me can find inconsistencies in the hyperbole, strongly made claims that are not established, pandering, 1/2 truths, blatant omissions, unqualified sweeping statements and, maybe most importantly, note that their approach-advocacy lacks useful methods or detailed execution plan - it wouldn't survive proper rigor by their colleagues.
    They're just looking for clicks, man... just looking for clicks. Whatever it takes to get 'em.